SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Expecting

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Pregnant Mare and the Newborn Foal - Volume 1 » Expecting « Previous Next »

Angela Barbour
Weanling
Username: Angela_b

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How many are you expect next year?

I'm expecting one for sure

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 263
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 11:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just one...and that's more than enough for my nerves :-).

Michelle Lyons
Neonate
Username: Chelle

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should have two coming

Jan H
Breeding Stock
Username: Jan_h

Post Number: 367
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 07:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

got one out of two mares settled this year, so the answer is one in March 07

Angela Barbour
Weanling

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 10:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mine is Due June 6

Kjersti Tackett
Neonate
Username: Freetodream

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We've got four coming 2 late Feb./early march and two in april. Yay!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We chose a young stud who has been very slow fulfilling his duties! He likes to "wine and dine" them and is very behind. It takes it about 45 minutes of courtship before and can perform. We sent a mare to him that also needed to know her man. What a terrible combination! She was sent home for bad behavior! I think now we may wait until next year as we don't want a newborn in the middle of hurricane season. Also, I have been so happy with this year's filly, I may breed the same mare to the same stud and hope for another success.

Molly M.
Nursing Foal
Username: Molly

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We got one. Mare is around 43 days right now. Can't wait for a happy birthday next year! Mom is a palomino bred to a chestnut, so maybe we will get a palomino baby.

Molly

Jan H
Breeding Stock
Username: Jan_h

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looks like I am going to be in good company for foal watch next year, congratulations to each of you and Happy healthy foal vibes and prayers to you all!

Sharon Malmberg
Breeding Stock
Username: Ryu2832

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One due on May 23rd.

Sandy Smith
Neonate
Username: Sandystone

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have 2 maiden mares bred. I'm so excited as I didn't have any bred for this year. My Bay/White tobiano mare is due the end of March and my Black overo mare is due the middle of May. I already have my Cam/Monitor set up!

Angela Barbour
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 10:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I can't wait want for next year to see all the fat mare expecting the little ones and sharing sign and pics. What is everyone hope for colt/filly and who has done the nail test yet?

I don't care what I get but I hope for a filly.
Nail test said Colt

Joanna
Breeding Stock
Username: Joanna

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 02:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have four due for sure next year. My palomino and my chestnut quarter horse mares are both bred to a palomino stud, hoping for two creme fillies to keep. Also, my two percheron mares are bred to the same homozygous paint stallion as last year, because I am so pleased with the results of those breedings.
Here is a link to my website,http://apdhorses.com/ click on the mares link for pics of my girls, and take a look at the foals link too. If you look at Bella, today she is bigger than all of my yearlings, and she is only two months old!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 551
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanna- what a great looking group of horses. You have obviously worked hard to obtain quality.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Evie

Post Number: 516
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello again ! Just dropped in to say "hi" and let you know we'll have about 6 or so foals next spring. Sage and Avery both are in foal to Listo again and Sasha ( my bay roan filly ) is bred to Rex. That could be quite a colorful little baby, roan on both sides and a palomino/roan sire. I'm hoping for a buckskin/roan but at least expecting to see a roan when it hits the ground in April. Sage is due in February so I'll not have to wait TOO long to see my next Listo foal, I just hope it can measure up to what Cisco is, otherwise, I'm going to regret selling that little one! Hope everyone is well ! Ev

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 553
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Did you sell Cisco already or do you have an updated pic? I thought you were holding on to him.

Angela Barbour
Weanling

Post Number: 50
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare is bred to RAS THE EGYPTIAN FIRE . So most likely I will have a grey foal I'm almost 100% sure on the color

maxine clough
Neonate
Username: Kiaraapple

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well my mare is now 381 days but we have made a lot of progress the last two days up until then she had no bag, but had begun softening around her back end and has been constantly tial rubbing so much so it has begun to look like a loo brush, tonight i noticed she has begun to bag up i have been checking her teats every day very sticky now and amber in colour so i am hoping she will part with it soon - her mother always went 4 weeks over, and i am not concerned for her at the moment as she is well in her self

Kassie Finley
Breeding Stock
Username: Jkqh

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should be having 5 next year if all goes well .

Maxine, keep us updated. Hopefully you will have a foal on the ground soon. We only had one this year but all went well except for the mare retained the placenta for about 6hours. But all is well now. Hope you have a great fun foaling experience. with no hickups lol.

maxine clough
Neonate
Username: Kiaraapple

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi kassie
well i had some quality time with kiara this evening and she is fine her bag has increased slightly.
kiara is a much loved pony,by all on the yard, so it seems a long time coming because every day everyone asks 'any more progress' so i am constantly updateing people. but we are now on the home striaght and it is down to kiara now, i have informed my vet that she has begun the prossess and he is on standby should he be need, i feel like a child in december waiting for christmas day. and eventually it will arrive safe and sound

Gail
Weanling
Username: Gail_daigle

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maxine:

My maiden mare is 381 days today. My vet told me to stop worrying. She's perfectly fine and the foal is fine. He told me that I just have to be patient.

Well, I am running out of *@!#*@!# patience. I just can't wait to meet the foal. I would also like to get some ridding in with her before the winter comes. I miss ridding her.

Sorry to be happy on your misery, but it makes me feel a lot better to know that I'm not the only one waiting so long.

I have attached some photos of her.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/gaildaigle/Angel08272006/07242006044.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k188/gaildaigle/Angel08272006/07242006055.jpg

Catherine
Weanling
Username: Naskatt

Post Number: 40
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're expecting 1 late feb/early march. My daughter's mare. Can't wait!! Had my first foal a little colt "Toby" 3 weeks ago and it has been great. Can't wait to see what this one will be.

nancy vance
Weanling
Username: Ndv101

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 11:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hang in there Gail, she is really looking great

Michelle Lyons
Weanling
Username: Chelle

Post Number: 26
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I should have thre next year...... it is going to be a long year lol

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 206
Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Four. 2 in May and 2 in June.
Three are bred to our stallions, and one we AI'd to a stallion out of MO.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US