SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Truth or myth?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Pregnant Mare and the Newborn Foal - Volume 1 » Truth or myth? « Previous Next »

Anonymous

Posted From: 66.162.235.30
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 02:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My farrier once told me that if you take a strand of a mare's tail, tie a nail on the end, and hold it directly over her spine it will start to swing. If it swings parallel she's pregnant, if it swings perpendicular she's not. Do I have that correct? I'd love to try it now that the vet told me she's pregnant - just for fun of course!

Renee Clover
Neonate
Username: Reneec

Post Number: 5
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats a really interesting theory!! Ill try it with my empty mares and see if it goes perpendicular. Would be fun and interesting to see. Let me know how you go with it with your pregnant mare!

anny (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 68.113.231.26
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but that theory isn't true. It is a matter of your mind barley moving your hang the way you decide you want it to go. It might be true by for a guessing stand point but in all its just your mind. Sorry

Beverly Outlaw
Weanling
Username: Outlawpaints

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually it is true. the nail works off the amniotic fluid. If it moves in a circle it is supposed to be a filly and if it moves in a straight line back and forth it is supposed to be a colt. So far it has been correct in determining that mine are pregnant and have been right on the sex as well. I did the "nail test' on all my mares 3 weeks or so after they were bred and it moved one way or the other and then followed up with palpation to determine for sure if they were indeed pregnant and all that were tested were pregnant.
It could all be in your mind, but what harm does it do..

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate
Username: Appalotranch

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - 08:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with Beverly. I also check with the nail test, and before the vet comes to U/S, I can tell her if the nail swings: And my vet doesn't think I am crazy. LOL. Also, it can swing if the mare has an infection. Last year, I had a mare in for breeding, the owner was suppose to have had the mare cultured/cytology, but didn't, and I had the vet out to check her and we found fluid and she was infected. -Ivy

Sandy D
Yearling
Username: Sbr_appaloosas

Post Number: 91
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What type of nail do you use? Is it a horseshoe nail or just any type of nail? I'd like to try it just for fun.

Dorthy (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 136.181.195.17
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does it matter if the hair is out of their tail or another mares? I have two mares that are suppose to be pregnant, it would be easier to just use the same hair/nail--so just wondered

Beverly Outlaw
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't use tail hair, but you can... I have used dental floss. LOL. I guess it doesn't matter as long as you are not close to a metal building. It will give a false reading... I use Dental floss and a regular nail. the one i used on my last mare was a little rusty. LOL and she had a colt, just like the nail test said....

Roben Grenier (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 69.156.76.225
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried it on my open mare - nothing. On my bred mare - a wild back and forth the spine, to the point the nail was swinging almost 180 degrees! I couldn't of orchestrated that if I tried! May 1st 2006 is her due date...and yes, a colt from this mare would be welcome.

Beverly Outlaw
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Thursday, August 11, 2005 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Robin..... you will have to let us know if it turns out to be true! Good Luck and keep us informed...

Dorthy (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 136.181.195.17
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 07:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried it on my mares --one was confirmed pregnant at 30 days and it did swing in a straight line(colt?) and the other mare has not been confirmed pregnant but is as big as a house and is growing an udder(vet comes on Monday 15th) and it did swing for her too it a circular motion(filly?) Very strange,.............I'll let you all know if the predictions are correct. I'd actually like to have 2 fillys but as long as they're healthy it doesn't matter

Theresa Baker
Neonate
Username: Bakeracres

Post Number: 10
Posted on Friday, August 12, 2005 - 04:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi guys... well I just did the nail on a horse hair test and yes it says that she is pregnant (which she is due any day) and that its going to be a filly...I well let you know why it turned out

teb (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 194.125.182.58
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2005 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just tried the test on my 3 mares. Actually my husband did it first and on all of them it didn't move. Since they were all confirmed in foal I was convinced he was the problem. I held it more over the middle of their back and got 2 colts and 1 filly. Won't know until March and April, but will keep you posted.

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2005 - 06:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, I tried this yesterday on ALL of my mares, bred or not. The one mare I was told was NOT pregnant on 16 day ultrasound, I did a PregnaMare test on her and it says she IS pregnant... did the nail test and the nail began to instantly swing in a very large circle. My other mare who was not bred this year was standing right next to that mare, so I held it over her, it didn't move.
Checked my other mare that was confirmed in foal at 44 days, began to swing in a wide circle. Tried it on another mare that was checked by vet, found open, but I could swear she IS pregnant by the way she looks, as she would be 6 mos along, and the nail didn't move. Tried on 2 other mares that were never bred this year, it didn't move.
So, I moved on to my mini mares. Tried the two mares that were never bred this year first, didn't move. Put it over the other mare that was confirmed in foal at 37 days, it took it awhile, but the nail began moving directly straight with her spine and really started picking up speed after a minute or so.
BUT, I tried it again later that afternoon, using the same hair and same nail as earlier, and it didn't move over ANY of the mares... can the nail lose its energy? I think I've heard something to that effect before. But needless to say, it was quite freaky when I first did it and kind of cool, but now I'm doubting it.

Anonymous

Posted From: 4.245.120.184
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2005 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried this test on eight pregnant mares of mine. It swung up and down the spine on six of mine out of the same stallion and two of the mares swung to the left in a circle from a different stallion. I also tried an open mare and it did not move. Is this really suggesting I am going to get six colts and only two fillys??? Has any one ever disproved this theory??

Lisa Weir
Nursing Foal
Username: Pals_pal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I might try this just for fun. We currently have 26 empty and 40 pregnant on the farm. Gotta get something conclusive out of that, surely!

When we start covering it would be interesting to see how many times the nail agrees with the vet, or vice versa.

I'm sure the boss will get a giggle out of it, if nothing else.

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 107
Posted on Tuesday, August 23, 2005 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All of us who have tried this definitely need to update this thread when we have our foals to indeed know whether or not this nail test works.
If it does, I will be having two fillies and one colt next year.

Lisa Weir
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK. The first foal out of the mares I tested for sex of foal dropped last night. The nail said filly, but she had a colt. So not a great start!
I'm doing all the pregnant mares, so we'll see what the end results say.

As for testing to see if they're in foal...we start covering mares tomorrow, so I have a wee while to wait before I have any results there. The vet's up for it, too. We're going to keep records and see how it goes.
Anything to make the season more entertaining!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Jos

Post Number: 10288
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2005 - 01:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're in the southern hemisphere so maybe it works the other way around down there - after all the water spins the other way when going down the plughole...

Lisa Weir
Weanling

Post Number: 25
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Argh! Just one more thing to make us seem wierd to the rest of the world! I have noticed that when the nails do circles, they are clockwise...which way does it go up there? And which way does the water go? I can't remember.
Who looks which way the water goes down, anyway? Odd.

Anonymous

Posted From: 4.246.57.43
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The circles here in CA for me have been counter- clockwise

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10292
Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2005 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gotcha!

Lisa Weir
Weanling

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 09:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very clever, Jos. Is this your way of debunking two myths with one giggle?

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10293
Posted on Friday, September 02, 2005 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-) A little humour never hurt anyone! :-)

I would not want to condemn the metaphysical out of hand, but I would like to see a blind controlled study comparing the results to ultrasonography before becoming too excited... :-)

There are a lot of "snake oil" remedies out there in equine reproduction already, so I am inclined to be a little harsh in judgement until something is proven if there is not a viable and logical reason for it working... more snake oil we do not need in this portion of the industry!!! :-)

Having said that, I would certainly encourage everyone to have fun with it - that's the primary point of this thread I think - but don't buy blue or pink halters respectively based on the results unless there's a refund policy in place at the store!!!

Lisa Weir
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Saturday, September 03, 2005 - 05:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We're just doing this for fun. Something to entertain us through the long hard slog of standing two fully booked stallions and foaling down a never ending stream of mares.
We intend to "nail" the mares before the vet scans them and see how it goes. I know it's not nearly enough for a true study, but we should get something like an indication of how accurate it is.
If a nail was that accurate, I'm sure no one would have bothered to invent the ultrasound.

leslie (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi I just tested this "theory" on my open mare, and it began to swing in a large circle around her!!! Pretty sure she isn't pregnant as she wan't exposed after she gave birth this year!
Can anyone explain?

Beverly Outlaw
Weanling

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She may have fluid in her uterus.. That is what the nail works off of. Might want to check her for infection before you breed next year....

Anonymous

Posted From: 65.110.6.37
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2005 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you know that the nail works off of fluid in the uterus? Has there been research that's shown that? If so can you tell us where to find it? Thanks!

Renee
Weanling
Username: Reneec

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 01:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried this test on my pregnant mare, and it swung in an anti-clockwise cirle. I am really hoping its right! I would love a filly from this mare. I see Lisa is in Australia also and says her nails spin in clockwise direction, is there any other reason that this may differ??
I also tried it on my open mare (tested) and it swung, but only slightly, i then tested it on my colt (i know he's not pregnant, and he has no fluid in his uterus!! :-) ) and it swung a little bit of a cirlce also. Nothing like the preg mare did though. Why would this be??
How far away from a metal shed should i be?? We are shed builders, and our property is covered in Colorbond!! LOL
I will try again out in the middle of the pasture. See if i can get a more conclusive response. Has anyone else had any babies yet to support this theory?
Also, why does the amniotic fluid make the nail swing in different directions? Is there a difference between filly and colt fliuds?
Sorry for all the questions, i am probably a bit pesimistic, but i really like the idea of it, and was wondering how it worked.

Lisa Weir
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 05:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, although I haven't come near enough to scientific numbers, I have come to the conclusion that this test is not worth the effort if you want accuracy.
Out of the first 16 tested for sex it was accurate 10 times. My guesses have been more accurate in the past, and I know that's coincidence. And for pregnancy, we have only tested 10 on farm and it was right once. Everyone on the farm is a better judge than that..... Maybe the nail needs a more than 16 day pregnancy to work on, but if that's the case, we have no use for it anyway, as the vet's already told us!

As the novelty has worn off, and we are much busier now, I don't think I'll go on with the nail.....shall have to find domething new to make the vet laugh....

leslie (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When I checked my mare after she gave birth, about two weeks later, the nail didn't move. As I said before, she wasn't exposed..how could hte nail still move if she doesn't have any fluid in there?

Beverly Outlaw
Weanling

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2005 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I have said many times, This is merely for FUN. This is just something to keep us busy doing something until they drop those babies!!! LOL. I am on a very good group and it is called foalwatch.. As a matter of fact, i found out about it on this forum about a year or so ago... They have several vets on there and they had said that it works on the amniotic fluid and if it still swings even if the mare is open then there may be fluid in the uterus.. As i said before this is not scientific, just fun. Even though i have done it on all my mares and even a few of my friends mares and it was correct everytime... besides this is not something necessarily to show pregnancy or not. This is supposed to tell you what sex it is. (Boy or GIRL) Remember people this is just for fun!!!

Lisa Weir
Yearling

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2005 - 06:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And fun it has been!
If I had the time, I'd probably still be at it, but we are really busy now, so I'll have to find other sources of amusement. At least now I have foals that are starting to play, so I don't need to look far.

daniel thresher (Unregistered Guest)
Unregistered guest
Posted From: 207.102.81.39
Posted on Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 02:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

does anyone no where i can get in contact with olivia grenier or here mum roben i would love to be able to get in touch with either one to just to see how there are ... i used to live with them in foxboro on there farm.
any help would be great my email is herbiethresher@hotmail.com

E Watkins
Yearling
Username: Evie

Post Number: 59
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lisa- the nail tests is supposed to work on humans too, we have a little fun with it here in the office from time to time. There is a slight difference that could affect the outcome of how it works on equines too. If you do the test on a person, you use a pencil, thread a needle and stick the needle into the eraser of the pencil. You hold the pencil over the wrist of the lady you are testing, it will move the same direction it does for horses, straight line for boys, circles for girls. However, there will be a pause in between each one. They say you can predict the number and sex of your children.. for me, it's always worked. I have two boys, and a miscarriage in between ( which shows up as a girl ) Having never tried it on a mare, I wonder if the nail will stop and then begin swinging again ? You might retest the mare that tested wrong, if you know how many foals she's had and what they were, it would give you more data to work with..lol. Good luck, I intend to keep reading this post to see what results you come up with! ( and Jos, a little snake oil is fun once in a while, just so it's not taken TOO seriously! )

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 273
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my mother in law use to do the test for grandbabies, but it was over the belly of the women , not the wrist. and it seemed to be fairly correct

E Watkins
Yearling
Username: Evie

Post Number: 60
Posted on Friday, February 03, 2006 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim- it's all in fun, but I'll be interested to see the results of Lisa's scientific data..lol I like to look at the colors in the pedigree and predict the color too, again, it's just for fun but in the past few years, I'm getting pretty good at it. ( on the slow years, I'll even try to guess the markings and THAT is guessing..lol)

Jenn Van Horsen
Neonate
Username: Jennuwynn

Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have heard of people dowsing for lots of things, I think that you have to have the intention that it will work first, and it seems not to matter what is used, some people can do this accurately and some can't!

I'm going to go outside and 'test' my mares with a nice piece of crystal I have on a chain - OH - I've been told that it has to be balanced for best results ... and a 'limp wrist' when holding it will allow the best swing.

Who knows? I'll be able to tell is spring when the babies arrive!

Jenn :-)

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 164
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is just like "witching" for water. Some people can do it and others can't.
I was so shocked when I was having my house built and the city workers were looking for where the water line was that runs from the road into the property and they had to call in a guy who could "witch" out the water. He showed up and literally just grabbed a tree branch, held it out and started walking around and low and behold, he found the water line with a stick! The city workers told me that none of them had ever had luck doing it, but there was this one guy that they would call who could. I found it rather interesting to say the least.
So, I think if you can "witch" out water, which obviously means that fluid does have a pull on objects, that the nail test would make sense too.
I've tried it on my mares and my friend's mares. I've even done it several times to see if I'd get the same result and each time I got the same result for each mare as I had weeks before. The ones who said fillies still said fillies, and the ones that said colts, still said colts.
It's going to be so cool to see if it is accurate.

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 179
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay, my friend's maiden mare foaled last night and we had done the nail thing on her months ago and it said she was going to have a colt...yup, it's a colt.
She also carried low the entire pregnancy.
So far for us, 1 for 1.

Gynna Meiller
Breeding Stock
Username: Jw_kings_excalibur

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sorry but we did it on our two mares..Kona, back and forth..had a ,surprising, splashed sabino filly two days later. still waiting on Betty( around in circles)..

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 04:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gynna, I was wondering why you thought that the filly was splashed overo and not just sabino overo?? I have seen her she is pretty, but I think that she is just overo(with the sabino gene) The splashed white has sharp crisp edges on the legs and tummy, not a roaning effect. Just curious.
Thanks Kim

taunya manney
Neonate
Username: Patientlywaiting

Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok hubby and i did the test on our mare and all 3 times we did it it says girl so we will see if this is true or not hopefully tonight keeping fingers crossed.

SDS
Weanling
Username: Whisper05

Post Number: 30
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to try this but it is so windy here lately,I am curious to see if it works or not,LOL,just for fun of course.

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 193
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought I'd try this again on my mares, just for fun to see if I'd get the same results that I had gotten last summer. The one mare, yeppers, nail started to swing in a huge circle right away, same as it had last time. The other two mares, the nail seemed really undecided. It took a long time for it to start moving and then when it did, it seemed like it couldn't make up its mind if it wanted to swing in a circle or in a line. Last time it said the one mare was having a filly and the other one a colt. So what, am I having 2 hermaphrodites

Terri Berwanger
Yearling
Username: Terrib

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So far I am one and one. Nail test predicted filly for one mare which she had and predicted colt for another mare and she had a filly. Last one due in 3 or 4 weeks and the prediction is for a colt so will let you know.
terri

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 215
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

snap sandy - Mine is a hermaphrodite too!! I tried it really really early on in the pregnancy when I got that result though - So all along Ive been thinking Id call it something pink and fluffy but book the gelding op anyway!!

Im going to try it again I think now that shes a bit further on (290 days today) Maybe now it will have decided what it wants to be!

You must all remember to tell us what the test said and then what you actually ended up with, Im very intrigued with this 'myth'

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Every year, I do the nail test and so far it has been 100% correct for me. My mare, Irish, is close to delivery and the nail test says, boy. I'll let you know if it was correct after the birth.

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling
Username: Rolling_hills_quarter_horses

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First foal born last night was 100% right with the nail test. I will let you know on the second.

Sandra Possin
Neonate
Username: Sandra6500

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vs. 90% right on one baby...

I did it on my mare and it changes daily. The nail doesn't swing in a straight line, nor does it really make a circle.

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 226
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 05:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare just has wind moving inside her according to the nail!!!

If anything it circled, but nothing dramatic by any means - Im undecided now - I thought filly, but as she got bigger she looked low, so I got used to the idea it would be a colt, and now the nail test, if anything, says filly! I wouldnt put any bets on just incase - Sometimes my head gets things right, sometimes my gut - So ill just have to wait and see!!

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 199
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got an e-mail the other day from a gal whose mare foaled a filly.... nail test said filly.. another 100% accuracy.
My first mare due is at 316 days, nail test said filly early on, but now it says hermaphrodite, so we'll see. My friend's mare is gonna go within a week probably, nail said colt. I'll be sure to post when we know.

windy fillmore
Yearling
Username: Windyf

Post Number: 71
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

listen to this... I did the nail test on Rosie it said filly, yeah, but we'll see (Jan said colt) anyway we have another mare that I used Rosie's nail on ...it did not move...mind you we don't know 100% if this mare is bred(vet said thought so and she has not come into heat)I was thinking she is not bred but I got another nail and pulled her tail hair and tried agian that nail was making a striaight line half the way up her back so it said colt. Tried Beauty's nail on Rosie nothing; Rosie's nail circle. I can't wait to see if this works. So if you are doing the nail test make sure you use hair from that mare.
Just thoght ya'll would like to know.
Windy

Daniel Crouse
Nursing Foal
Username: Sneakers17

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so if it goes straight its a colt and cicle a filly. And what do you do just pull a tial hair and tie it and hang it over the back of the mare?

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 83
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 02:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used the same tail hair from one mare for both mares... first test came out correct COLT... now second test is yet to be confirmed but Jan says filly and so did the test... so I will let ya know when my 355 day wonder lets go!

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 201
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have also used the same nail and hair for all the mares. Maybe that's why it is not working well on the other mares. Huh... I'll have to try using different nails and that mare's hair.

Ashley Beavens
Neonate
Username: Bearcreekfarm

Post Number: 7
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all ya.

I tried this to one of our pregnant cows and sure enough it turned out 100%. I also tried this to 3 of my mares and it turned out to be that 2 are not pregnant and 1 is pregnant (right on!!) and the pregnant mare is supposably going to have a colt. Hopefully this is right because that is exactly what I wanted!!

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK so I used the same nail hair and was correct on the mare that I used the tail hair from... but incorrect on the mare I shared with.

Ashley Beavens
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used a horse hair and a screw for my cow that it turned out 100% and for my mare I used her hair and the screw and I did it 3 different times and I had recieved the same reading, but soon I will beable to tell you if the "screw/hair" are correct!!

Dawn Garbett
Neonate
Username: Stlfarm

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried it on both of my mares. The one that said filly did have a filly. It said colt on the other mare and we are still waiting.

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare, Irish, foaled on 3/28th. Nail test said colt, and we got a huge colt. My second mare, Lucy, is due in about 10 days, and the nail test says colt for her too. I'll let you all know if it is correct. -Ivy

melissa
Breeding Stock
Username: Mbgirl

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey,
I did the nail test today on both of my pregnant mares. Annie the big horse said filly, Jan said filly as well on this mare.Cricket the nail test said colt, Jan said colt as well. If the nail and Jan are right, I will let you know. Annie is 322 days. Cricket is 288 days. I think this is fun. I want to do the test again with my children to see what we get them.
Thanks MELISSA

melissa
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, My children and I retested the pregnant mares tonight with the nail. Annie the paint mare still said filly just like Jan said. Cricket the mini still said colt just like Jan had said. I will let you all know. My children taught the test thing was cute.
THANKS Melissa

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 202
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My friend's mini mare just foaled this morning.. nail had said colt all along, (she tested her about 3 different times)... she had a FILLY. So now I'm hoping that my mini mare will have a filly instead of the colt that the nail keeps saying she will have.

Sandy D
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 216
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 03:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nail update: 2 of my mares have foaled, nail said filly on the one and colt on the other.... well, they both had colts. So, 50/50 for me so far. One more to go, nail says filly.

Ashley Beavens
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 09:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nail test failed. The nail said colt, but she had a filly. O well, i am happy that everyone is alive and healthy!!

melissa
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 199
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,
The nail test was right with my mare Annie.Annie foaled this morning, the test said filly, she had a filly. I have one mare left to go, it said colt with her.
Melissa

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My QH mare, Lucy, foaled April 29th, and she had a colt. The nail test said colt, on both of my mares, and I have two colts: 100% correct for me. -Ivy

Roben Grenier
Neonate
Username: Roben

Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 04:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ashley, Perhaps the screw had different compounds than a regular nail and the reason the test got "screwed" up!
1 test said colt and I have a lovely toffee coloured colt born wednesday, May 3rd. 1 to go. Nail says colt. But I did her under a steel roof so maybe I should redo in the next few weeks...

Roben

melissa
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 205
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,
Here are pictures of my filly by my mare Annie. The nail test got her right.
www.photobucket.com/albums/e329/MBhorses/MBAnnie2006filly
Take care,
melissa

melissa
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 230
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 03:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello,
Here are pictures of my new mini filly by my mare Cricket. The nail test said colt, it was wrong this time. The nail test was right on my big mare Annie it said filly, she had a filly. The nail test said colt on Cricket the mini, it was wrong she had a filly.
you can see my new mini filly
http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e329/MBhorses/MBCricket2006fillymini/
Take CARE,
melissa

Chasity Price
Weanling
Username: Chasntom

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi! I had never heard of the nail test until reading this thread yesterday! I went home and tried it and I was amazed. I even had my husband stand there to watch to see if I was moving at all to encourage the nail to move. But the way this nail was moving....I don't think I could make that happen with a subtle amount of movement. It was not just swinging, it was twisting...like a magnet when you put to north or south poles together. And it was so weird, if the mare walked forward out from under it, it stopped. WEIRD! I guessi t's no different than the peolpe who used to use a stick to find wells. My husband is an engineer who focuses on Water and he says there is no reason to laugh at the nail test. I am getting ALL these mares checked Saturday anyway, so I'll know wether it was ON or not. I checked several and had yes and no's. We'll see!

Daniel Crouse
Weanling

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a question; since when we ultrasound we cant tell the sex of the embryro until day 50; would the test be less accurate before day 50 and more accurate after?

Jos
Board Administrator

Post Number: 10671
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a matter of physical characteristics and size. One is looking for the position of a structure called a "pedicle" that will ultimately become the penis or clitoris. By day 50 it is migrating upwards in the filly, and remaining in the region of the umbilicus in the colt. There is considered a better degree of reliability after about 60 days, but by day 90 or thereabouts the weight of the pregnancy is often tipping over the pelvic brim and out of reach of the ultrasonographer.

So to answer your question specifically, maybe, but only up to a point. :-)

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 368
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay this theory got to me tonight and I had to try it out for myself. You all know that I rebred Lady and she should be at day 38 today. I still have not checked her simple because she has not come back into season and I was kind of hopeing to get a good u/s picture of a fetus later on. So I went out to try this nail test. Well....it SWUNG back and forth across her back!Straight line! I tried it on all the others and nothing no movement. So unethically I am presuming she is pregnant and should be having a colt next year. Hope it is right in some aspect. we will have to wait and see.......

Daniel Crouse
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I check both our maiden mares this evening and they both said colt but there both only 2 months pregnant.

Marci Nadler
Neonate
Username: Shadowsfire

Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried it on my mare whom looks suspiciously pregnant but isn't supposed to be...and it swung back and forth along her spine then changed to a crazy big wild circle and then back to back and froth along her spine. She has had one foal before and it was a filly. If she is pregnant again I would like it to be a filly-it was in my dream.
So what does that mean?

Cyndi Currie
Neonate
Username: Jusblve

Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all for such a great thread. Its been alot of fun reading everyone's post so thought I'd join in 2. I have 2 mares due in mid June and not being the superstitious kind of person, thought what the heck, I'll try it for fun, the nail swung back and forth across both mare's backs and then I tried one of the geldings - the nail just hung there. If I'm hearing everyone correctly then I should be expecting 2 colts? (Gee I was hoping for filly's). It will be interesting to see....and its alot of fun to read your posts while I'm waiting.

Anj Bascom
Yearling
Username: Anj

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marci, I had this in another post, and mine did the same thing!! Back and forth back and forth, circle, then crazy wild, then straight, then crazy, then circle... I was thinking twins?? Not the best situation in the world, but anything could happen I guess. She was bred when we bought her and we don't even have a due date.

taunya manney
Neonate
Username: Kmanney

Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well our baby was born this morning and it was a filly as the nail thing showed, we named her memory in lieu of memorial day. yeehaw no more waiting lol , kaye

Jan Owen
Yearling
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 94
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Taunya.....very cute Name.

melissa
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 259
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HELLO,
What is the earlier you can do this nail test? I did it on my mare who is suppose to be breed at 15 days it with in circles, but did nothing on another mare. Do you think she is breed?We are going to try to get the vet out when she is 20 days to check her.
thanks MELISSA

Daniel Crouse
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 102
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone try the nail test yet this year?

I did and at the beginning Cookie said to be a colt but now a filly.

And Jade has been colt all along.

Ashley Beavens
Weanling

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, October 27, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I really do not believe in the nail test cause it doesn't work on our horses, but it works on my cows! Funny isn't it? I want it to work on my precious horses(that I care about), but it works on our beef cows(that we end up selling). Well I just hope it works for all you horse lovers!!! Best to luck on all future foaling to all!!!

Rhonda Bock
Neonate
Username: Bitznspurz

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 01:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im was SO fasinated reading this thread I decided to go out to the barn to check my mares. I have 2 that are confirmed bred.

1st the paint mare is due in Feb 07. the nail swung WILDLY back and forth along her spine...I WAS FREAKED OUT!!! haha... So she is having a colt :-)

2nd My QH mare is due in May 07. The nail started slowly at first, but then quickly started round and round....IM AMAZED!!!! A Filly I guess?

SO, to test this theory, I check my other mare that is NOT bred, and the nail did NOT move!!

WOW ladies this is totally exciting, and I WILL promise to post my end result!!

Now only if the nail could tell me if that paint was thowing color :-) haha

(Message edited by BitzNSpurz on December 08, 2006)

(Message edited by BitzNSpurz on December 08, 2006)

Dorthy Brown
Weanling
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, December 08, 2006 - 01:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did this last year on two mares that I had that I thought were pregnant. The one mare showed she was pregnant and would have a colt. She did indeed have a little colt. The other mare showed she was pregnant and would have a filly. She turned out not pregnant. But I sure would have bet my paycheck she was--so I truly think she may have aborted prior to us having her checked. she would have been like 4-5 months along before we had her checked. She had been exposed before we got her but never checked so..........?? I will have to check my mare that I KNOW is that I have right now

Tansy Brassfield
Yearling
Username: Spccutnoak

Post Number: 63
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did this last year and it was right on about 75% of my mares. This year I have seven due and it says five fillys and two colts, which would be great since last year was a big colt year. It also says one of my mares ultrasounded open is in foal.First ones are due in Jan. so we will see soon.

destny berwick
Weanling
Username: Destiny_berwick

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, December 10, 2006 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey so how dose the nail above the mares bac work?? ause i have a mini donkey and i wonder if she is is pregnet. dose it work on donkeys too? lol just wondering!!!

Rhonda Bock
Neonate

Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would think it would work on your donkey for sure....give it a try :-)

destny berwick
Weanling

Post Number: 35
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 07:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

how dose the nail trick work. im new and i ned to no how it works thnx

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate

Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 08:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings Everyone,
I have several posts above, and I want to comment that in the 8 years I have been breeding the nail test has been 100% correct. This year is going to be interesting: The nail test says all three of my mares are going to have fillies. I also have one mare owner do the test, the mare is bred to my stallion, and it says colt. Now, I very seldom have fillies, especially with one mare who has given me 5 colts, and I so would like to have a filly from her, so we will see. I will post in the Spring to let you all know.
Destny: Take a shiney nail and tie to a string near the head of the nail. Suspend the nail over her loin area, some times it take a few moments, don't ware a watch, or touch the mare, or be too close to anything metal, and if it swings back and forth it is suppose to be a colt. If it swings in a circle it is a filly. -Ivy

destny berwick
Weanling

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ivy do u ty a pieace of the mares tail to it ?? and do u tie it to anything or do u just hold it abovr her butt a couple of inches thnks ??? and if it dosent swing is she not pregnet thanx destnyT

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate

Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Destny,
I usually use a string off the feed/grain bag, but you can use a hair off the tail if you want. Yes, just a couple of inchess of the loins. I also have use it to determine if a mare is in foal, I'll tell the vet before she U/S the mare in foal at 16 days. LOL. This year, our vet was out due to complications of her pregnancy, and deliver, so other than the one mare we had U/S, in foal, we did this to determine the status of our other mares...and it swung and they are now huge at 7 months. -Ivy

destny berwick
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, December 14, 2006 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

omg im checkin tonight to see if she is pregnet ill keep u updated!!! i hoping for a filly , but having a baby alone is a great treat!

destny berwick
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2006 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok guys this is what im going to do to see if my mare is pregnet. im going to tie a SHINY nail to a string. hold it over her lions ( yes her butt lol) and hope it swings!!!!! lets see

Ivy Rittenhouse
Neonate

Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Destny,
AND???????? -Ivy

Cconner
Weanling
Username: Cconner

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey girls, I tried the trick also and it says we have 2 stud colts and a filly on the way. It was really strange and kind of freaked me out because it was so different on each mare. Anyways good luck to all that try it!
Christi

Tansy Brassfield
Yearling
Username: Spccutnoak

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had posted that the nail said one of my mares was pregnant and ultrasounded not in foal- well today I took her to the vet to have her teeth floated and had her palpated since the nail said she was pregant five times and sure enough she is five months along and I had her ultrasound her just to make sure, crazy huh??

Ivy Rittenhouse
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, good luck to all who have tried this. Now that our predictions are in black in white, when our mares foal lets keep this tread updated to let everyone know if it was correct. LOL. Fun stuff!!
-Congratulations Tansy. -Ivy

Rhonda Bock
Neonate

Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 03:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Im excited...first one is Due the begining of February, and her nail test showed a colt :-)

I will post the outcome for sure!!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 175
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Well last night tried the nail test an my mare that is 126 days pregnant. Nail says filly. I was just happy the nail was moving at all :-) So I will join the group and wait and see what I get. I just want a healthy live foal, sex does not matter. I will be the last to find out in August '07. Everybody have a very Merry Christmas! and a safe and "productive" '07 with all of your mares! Jan Owen

C Carner
Neonate
Username: Friesianx

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried the nail test on my two mares that are 200 and some days along. Confirmed by ultrasound and palpation. On the chestnut mare the nail went in circles. On the palomino mare it went forward and back in a line. I couldn't remember which way was for what. I even had my Fiance do it too, and he has no clue.
I'm desperately wanting a filly out of the chestnut. My fiance doesn't care what his is out of the palo. So maybe I'll get what I want! It will be interesting to see if it is right! Does it matter if the nail is rusty or not? I could only find a rusty one

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well...I believe that cirlce means a filly and the back and forth means colt. I don't think rust will matter but maybe somebody else is more "savy" in the nail test protocol. :-) I hope you get your filly but most important I hope you get your healthy foal. You are more than have way there! Jan

Elise Krueger
Nursing Foal
Username: Elise

Post Number: 15
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 06:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I tried the test on my mare that is due Jan 3rd.
It didn't even move at all !!!! What does that
mean?.....She is deffinitely bagging and going to
foal !!!! :o(

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US