SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Need ET facility recommendation in GA, AL or FLA

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Embryo Transfer » Need ET facility recommendation in GA, AL or FLA « Previous Next »

Heidi Caldwell
Yearling
Username: Heidicald

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone recommend an ET facility that they have used in GA, FLA or AL? Or UN-recommend one?

You may email me privately if wanted. Thanks for your time.

heidicald@yahoo.com

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2253
Posted on Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi, how's your mare doing? I haven't seen you post in a while. Have you done any more ultrasounds on her besides the first one? Have you seen the heartbeat?

Heidi Caldwell
Yearling

Post Number: 54
Posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn, we lost the preg. No heartbeat at 32 days. Hence my post above. I am bummed to say the least. He is coming back out in another week or so to double check but he is about 99% there is nothing...

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2254
Posted on Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a shame! Did the vet reculture her to make sure she was clean before he inseminated her?

If not, I would check her again to make sure she's clean before you leave her go for the winter. That way if she's still having issues, you can clean her up and have the winter months to get her system back to normal. I would not wait until Spring time.

Have you done a biopsy on her? I can't remember now what you've done and haven't done. I'm no expert, but I've gone this route with Uh-O for 3 years and I have learned a few things for her experience.

I would definately find a ET facility. I had to go to another state and board Uh-O for several months because there is nothing in Indiana that has the knowledge base she needed.

Good luck Heidi.

Heidi Caldwell
Yearling

Post Number: 55
Posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 09:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, she was rechecked before th last attempt and she did come back clean. It was just a culture and cytology though, no biopsy. Vet did not think I needed one. Hmmm. I will biopsy her once I get close to rebreeding (don't want to do it too far in advance as things change in that uterus!) I am going ET route and want to find a good one pretty close to Atlanta. If anyone knows one, please recommend!!

John Tyree
Neonate
Username: Jettex

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heidi I am presently in contact with a person who comes to your farm and does ET on your farm. The cost looks a lot less than the normal vets. I think they may have another facility in Fla. The one I am working with is in Weatherford Texas. You can look up their web site. Their name is Equine Reproduction SVC.

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 126
Posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 07:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, here is a contact for ET in FLA. A friend has Gypsy's and she uses them with great success. The costs look pretty reasonable too. Good luck!

http://www.equitransfer.com/

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US