SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Me again, ET synching questions....

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Embryo Transfer » Me again, ET synching questions.... « Previous Next »

Heidi Caldwell
Neonate
Username: Heidicald

Post Number: 9
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jos or Cathy, Please see my old posts for more info on the history of my ET case...

Short version, my mares were synched a few weeks ago using Regumate for 12 days, then 2 days of Lut. They then went up at the university to have ultrasounds everyday to monitor them for synchro. Long story short, my donor mare ovulated and was bred, the recipient developed a huge follicle FAST that never ovulated (we stopped tracking it once she was out of the day range for embryo transfer) it finally seemed to be shrinking after getting to a 56!!

IF my donor is preg (I will find out Monday) - end of story, she will have to carry it - although it was what I was trying to avoid as she is my competition mare and older as well.

I need a plan B!

If there is no pregnancy, I want to try again and THIS time, I have two mares to synch. One is the failure mare from before (whom I own) and the other is a loaner younger mare who is 8 and had two foals.

My question is one of protocol...

I will find out Monday if Donor is preg, if she's not, what is the best way to get everyone synched as soon as possible? Which shot - I am confused as BET labs has two that seem to do the same thing.. Also, I think the BET shot can be given at ANY point in their cycle, right? Because the donor mare & recip #1 will be coming into heat prob very soon. I also have a almost full bottle of Regumate to use up. I am not going to have the money to ship them all to the university, so I need to know when I should ultrasound and give what shots, when. I will also be asking my home vet, but I want to get your opinions as he can be very hard to get on the phone.

Thanks again for all your help and fast responses, I really appreciate it!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2469
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As previously noted in the other thread, the BET Pharm products have worked similarly for us, so use of either the biorelease altrenogest or the biorelease P+ can be used. Either can be started at any point in the cycle, with a dose of Prostaglandin F given on the 10th day after treatment. The logical thing is to start your recip. mares 2 days after the donor. I would recommend checking the mares by ultrasound on day 14 to make sure that they are on track (nothing is 100%!), and then again day 18 (presuming that jives with the 14 day u/s) preparatory to breeding.

Heidi Caldwell
Neonate
Username: Heidicald

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Excellent, concise advice, thank you very much!!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US