SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

FINALLY DONE !

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » FINALLY DONE ! « Previous Next »

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Evie

Post Number: 500
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just a quick post to let ya'll know we finally had our last baby, Ruby delivered a beautiful little sorrel boy this morning. Thank God the foaling season has come to an end.
Charles update- he's improving and getting stronger by the day, about ready to take over the chores for which I am VERY thankful!
We have three mares bred thus far and 3 to take back for sonograms on Wednesday.
Hope everyone is doing well, once we get our computer up at home I'll be back more often!
Take care! Evie

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 772
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so you are 9 for 10 on colts???
WOW!!!
well glad to hear from you...was wondering how all things were, have notheard from you ...glad all is well, now just to see a pic of all those babies! and the BIG man Cisco!
well glad hubby is soing well and that it is now your turn to have a well deserved rest!!!!!
congrats on your foaling completion!!!

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 404
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And yet you still put yourself through it next year! : )

Glad to hear your all done and dusted, now we will just wait for the pictures to come flooding in! Glad to hear about charles too - must all be a big relief.

Congratulations to the both of you.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 07:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe next year will be 9 fillies with a token colt! Glad all is well with your family and barn. We really do need a Cisco updated pic...he is such a special boy.

Jan Owen
Yearling
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev,
HURRAH! I am so happy for you that the last colt arrived safely! You are one incredible lady. Praises that Charles is getting better and continued healing for him. Looking forward to seeing some baby pics. Take Care

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 373
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 09:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev, Congrats on all the foals !!
Ever so glad to hear Charlies is better and on the right track for mending! You both have had a rough road, now take some time and rest, both of you.
Definatley send us some pics of the crew now and especially Cisco!

Tansy Brassfield
Yearling
Username: Spccutnoak

Post Number: 52
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev,
Glad your season is over, so is mine finally! We had our last baby on mothers day and got a filly! so now I have two fillys and three boys, not counting the two dead colts, that makes this a colt year for sure, hope it is the opposite next year since we have ten babies coming, we have bred ten so far and now have about five left. Oh- and we have our own one(human) coming in August, so I get maybe a month of sleep, and guess what it is a boy! I am glad to hear your husband is doing better. Take a well deserved break!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 502
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey girls, Sorry I've been gone so much, with the crack down here at work, it's hard to find the time to post like I used to.

All is going well, Charles is back in the normal routine of things but does still get tuckered out. We've started weaning the oldest foals and Cisco the man is doing great! He's an eating machine (and Sage is glad to be rid of the onery critter)
We are waiting on a satellite dish for use at home and when that arrives, you can bet I'll post some photos.
Hope everyone is doing well, I'll jump back in here at lunch tomorrow and try to catch up with everyone.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 129
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Evie,
Made my day to hear that things are doing better at your place. So glad to hear about Charles. May he continue to recovery fully. Well what did you last mare foal? I thought we were waiting on one more mare to deliver? and wishing for a filly? We inseminated my mare on Sat. 6/3 and will find out if she is in foal on 6/21. Can't believe it is already weaning time!
Jan

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 791
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

evie, wow thought you had disappeared off the line!!! glad to hear hubby recoveredd well!!!!!
I hope he continues to gain his strength and stamina. I cant believe cisco is old enough to wean alreaady! wow, i suppose he looks like a man now and is all shedded out and beautiful as ever!
i havent even begun to think about weaning yet...Jericho is only 7 weeks old, i will probably wait until he is 14-18 weeks. (did you see his pics in the foal pics thread?)
well glad to hear from you and hope we see pics again

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 469
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi evie! Glad to hear all is getting better and better at your place and the foals are growing well. Me neither kris - cant beleive there are nay ready to wean yet, this bit goes far quicker than the waiting for them to arrive!! Cant wait to see cisco's pics. hope to hear from you again here soon : )

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 504
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan- the last mare held no surprises, it was another colt, a sorrel one..lol. I named him Wyatt, as in Earp. He may end up chestnut as he looks very dark around his muzzle and eyes already.
Kris- I need to look at Jericho's pictures, I'll see if I can track them down. Cisco is three months old now, he's a doll, very good natured and easy going. He weaned very well, only really fussed that first evening for a little while. Sage still misses him now and then, but she pretty well was ready to let him go too. I had to get him weaned though as we leave for Wyoming in 3 weeks and I wanted to get her milk dried up and give her a chance to bulk up a little before we went to the mountains to ride. Still don't know if Avery is bred, we had to skip a cycle because she had some fluid, I'll know in another week hopefully.
Kim- as soon as we get set up at home I'll post some photos of all of the babies. Kong is huge, he's actually a little younger than Cisco but his mother was getting really thin and he was eating well so we pulled him off too. We have them two to a pen so they have a buddy and they are consuming 12-16lbs of omelene, calf manna and our normal mixed grain daily. ( think they aren't growing?? ) I'm waiting for their tails to curl up.. and their ears to flop over.. if they start squealing, I'll know for certain why they eat SO much! I'll drop in again on Monday! Nice to hear from you all! Ev

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US