SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Is she close???

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Is she close??? « Previous Next »

Brenda F. Graham
Neonate
Username: Jimmie05

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare is due Feb.20th or maybe March 20th,vet could not tell, she is bagging up, rubbing her tail & acting uncomfortable a lot. Is she close?
Bren

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Jos

Post Number: 10446
Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 07:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you take a look at the article on this site entitled Is my mare overdue? you will quickly realise that there is no such thing as a "due date" and either breeding date can make the mare "due" - or not!

Bagging up can occur as early as 4-6 weeks before foaling or not even until after the mare foals.

Tail rubbing can mean that the foal is applying pressure, or that her butt itches... :-)

Predicting foaling date is a somewhat imprecise science...!!! :-)

Amber Tedford
Neonate
Username: Amber

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Brenda, I can TOTALLY relate to the anticipation you're feeling. We have one that we have been waiting on since Dec 20. We didn't have an accurate breeding date, and obviously my vet was a little off . Is your mare a maiden? I can tell you the changes I have seen in mine, but keep in mind this is our first baby. She would bag up a little and then it would go back down. Recently, she has bagged up the fullest she's been and stayed this way. she has become VERY soft in her croup are. We checked her today and felt very little resistance in her tail. Her lips were also MUCH more swollen. Yesterday, mine was up and down, off and on, kicking/biting at her belly. Lol, she would pin her ears back and look at her belly like, "what in the WORLD is going on in there?!" Also her belly has "dropped significantly over the past couple of weeks. She was very full in her flank area and then appeared more "sunken". Here are some pics I took of her today. See if they help at all, and GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted.

http://photobucket.com/albums/e232/arhorses/

Caroline A. Dixon
Neonate
Username: Lunajoe

Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is my first experance with a pregnant mare. I am very excited about the new arrival but also very worried I am not sure when she is due.I think that she was bred on the 4 of april 2005. Are ther any signs that I should look for.

Cathy Cooper
Neonate
Username: Honey

Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am new to the foaling process. I have 3 mares 1 of whom is a first timer. One of the mares is off her feed but is still eating hay and grass. She is also still drinking. She has bagged but not waxed. She appears to be tucked up and her tail is higher. This is not her first foal. She is due sometime the first week of May by counting from the ultra sound. Please let me know what else I should be looking for? The other mares and her filly from last year are being protective of her and will get inbetween you and her.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US