SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Preparing for orphan foal

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Preparing for orphan foal « Previous Next »

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock
Username: Bobs_mom

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our mare Jessie foaled a nice filly on May 19th. This past week Jessie has taken a HUGE turn for the worse. She is unable to get up for more than a few minutes at a time and is in terible pain from her feet/legs/shoulder. I do not think it is her laminitis (see other threads) but maybe in her right front shoulder.

She is on 3-4g bute/day + Banamine and is not getting relief.

A few questions I have:

1. Do I need to be concerned of her passing the pain killers through to her milk? (Reba - the filly) has already learned to nurse from her mom as she is laying flat on her side)

2. Reba is 16 days old now and starting to nibble the grain. I am giving her some on her own. Any other suggestions to prepare for becoming an orphan? we are in the process of sourcing milk pellets, but have not been able to find any yet.

3. I can not humanely allow the mare to be in too much more pain. we are monitoring her hourly for her to let us know she is ready to go.

4. Unless a full miracle happens - does anyone have suggestions for a 2+ week old foal for feeding. Most what I found on the internet is for an immediate orphan.

5. As long as Reba is sucking the mare down, do I need to be concerned about milk fever?

Our vets and farrier are at a loss to why the mare has gone down hill dramtically. In theory - her pregnancy hormones are now gone, the weight of hte filly is gone and she is being sucked down. We all hope and pray the mare will find some relief and be able to mother the baby at least one more month. However, my husband and I have already come to terms that we may have an orphan foal this summer and have the crappy task to ask our vet to put the mare down.

Thanks for any suggestions (mare of foal).

Ad TB
Breeding Stock
Username: Ajvtbs

Post Number: 865
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 04:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so sorry to hear that Deb. Have you x-rayed her feet to out rule laminitis? I've found Trental combined with shoes with a frog support to be a fantastic treatment for laminitis

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ad,

thanks for the suggestion. We know she has laminitis and is on severe hoof lifts (20 degree). I now think she has something else going on as well. The vet gave me another suggestion this morning - to soak in epsom salt the right hoof (withthe special shoes on) as she may have developed an absess under the shoe/hoof pad. Going to try that today.....

My ohter threads (potential red bag, Jessie foal watch) have the other details

Ann
Yearling
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am so sad to hear about this. All I can add are my thoughts and prayers.

(Tractor Supply has milk replacer and it is for older foals. One word of caution, rather then bottle feed if it God forbid comes to that, don't. Try and get her to be bucket drinking. It will take some time but if you bottle feed you are opening yourself up for some issues.)

Again, good luck!

Ann

Heather
Breeding Stock
Username: Lilredbuck

Post Number: 115
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, so sorry to hear about your mare! Hope things turn around with her.
here are some links taht may help
http://www.southernstates.com/products/horsefeed/maresmatch/maresmatch_MR.jsp

www.merricks.com/foalmr.html
www.foalgro.com/
https://ssl22.chi.us.securedata.net/lambmilkreplacer.com/merchantmanager/index.p hp?
www.prognutrition.com/ffmilkreplacer.html

hope some of theses links help, Deb.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2490
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb...So sorry to hear of this turn of events. Just so hang on to the fact that Reba is here and doing well. Just warm hugs and I am praying for the situation. Keep us posted.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you for all your words of encouragement.

We are now trying a poulice to see if it may be an abcess. Also on Ace injections and bute. Reba is still nursing the mare even though she is laying flat out. She is also doing her best to eat "grown up" food :-) The vets do not want us to start milk replacer until we absolutely need it.

The worse part - I am traveling for work now till Wednesday - June 10th, so my poor husband has full responsibility.

Thanks again and I will keep all posted.

Kathee McGuire
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 1510
Posted on Friday, June 05, 2009 - 07:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a horrible turn of events. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 114
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 06:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update:

Jessie is still trying. She is eating well, expelling waste and drinking water. unfortunately, she is spending a large part of her day laying flat out and has developed some "bed sores". We are medicating them as best as possible. On her good days she can stand for about 2-3 hours. She is on 9 ml of Ace (3 ml 3 times/day) and bute. Her spirit seems good, her body is not complying. she reminds me of a person with a walker that needs numerous minutes to walk a short path.

Reba is still nursing her and has started to eat creep feed and hay. And of course a hugge pain in the rear to her Mom - trying to play, pawing at her, butting her aggressively in the udder (like a calf), etc.

On June 19 Reba will be one month old. Each day is a day forward.

I will post photos hopefully this weekend.

Kathee McGuire
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1541
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am glad to hear Reba is doing well. You are right, every day is another day of hope.

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 889
Posted on Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 08:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm glad the foal is doing well and sorry the mare still seems to be having difficulty. If I were you I'd x-ray her feet to determine how rotated her pedal bones are and in what condition they are in. Besides pain relief are you treating her in any other way for laminitis? Anti-coagulants to decrease the viscosity of the blood? anterior hoof wall resection? It's just a thought since the mare is recumbant most of the time. I know she has a history of laminitis but this may have worsened in the last few weeks. I've never seen a mare with a shoulder lameness stay lying down for most of the day because of it. How do the pulses in her feet feel? Have you tried testing her with the hoof testers to see if she has a foot abscess. You would also be able to see the foot abscess on X-ray.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 116
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The vet and farrier are coming this week to re-evaluate. She has the glued on shoes with 20 degree lifts. They will take them off to see if she has an abcess, etc.

I wish we had another foal close by so Reba could go out and play. Jessie gets so worked up that Reba has not had any real "fun play time"

Heather
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 147
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hoping everything goes well with her!

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 898
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Deb, an X-ray is the only real way of determining how severe the laminitis is and it's always helpful is seeing if the disease is progressing even months or years down the line as you can compare previous x-rays. I'm a big believer of objective diagnosis. Hope things go well

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good News! (The farrier and vet were here today and we removed the platform shoe on Jessie's right hoof (her really bad side). After a Bunch of digging in her foot, it appears, we found an abcess. We put a hoof poulice on and 1 inch foam, taped it on and we are to remove it on Monday to see if the abcess has broke through the bottom of the foot. Once she gets more comfortable, they will determine what type of shoes to put back on.

I asked them both about x-rays and neither the vet nor the farrier thought it would provide additional insight into her treatment. It would tell us if the boone was more rotated, but not how to treat her, especially since it now appears to be an abcess (hopefully).

The vet was pretty impressed that we have been able to keep decent weight on Jessie and Reba is doing great - eating almost 3/4 pound of creep feed. She would eat more, but I am slowly bringing her up as she still nurses like crazy.

Both the farrier and vet said we were doing a great job and to keep it up. Most would not have done what we did to keep the mare alive and trying to nurse her back.

The farrier told us that an abcess is an effect of laminitis and sometimes the whole hoof can have an underlying abcess or numerous pockets of infection.

Keep moving forward........

Here are some photos taken when Reba was 2 weeks old and the day before Jessie went down on us. Enjoy!

[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/BarceesObsession/Reba-2weeksold.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/BarceesObsession/RebaandJessie2wksold.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/BarceesObsession/Reba2wksold.jpg[/IMG]

She is getting better, more friendly. We actually had a productive leading session with a halter :-) and she will now come up to me instead of me trying to walk her down. Still has an attitude, though. She found out that trying to bite the old mare is not a good idea - she may get away with trying to nip the others, like her brother

Kathee McGuire
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 05:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She looks great - what a cute and sweet expression she has! I always feel so lucky when I hear the plight of others treating difficult cases. My heart goes out to you! Great job and hopfully this abcess will drain and she will be back up!

Heather
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 150
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, glad to hear you got good news! hopefully all continues to go well!

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 118
Posted on Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 07:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you. I was so upset and sick to find out about Jessie when all this first started. She is a beautiful mare (kinda hard to tell in the photos), great quiet personality and she throws really nice babies, too.

The farrier was straight with us today - she probably will never be a riding horse again, but should be broadmare sound. Earlier he felt pretty confident she would be able to be ridden again, but with the turn of events on May 25th - it puts a new (unfortunate) light on things. I would much rather they tell me straight up than pansy around.

We are not in the breeding business, so once we get Jessie up and mobile (after Reba is weaned) we will be looking for a new home for her. Unfortunate turn - but realistic.

My husband still is holding on to hope for a miracle that she may be ridable (as she is kinda his horse). that is good news :-) He is the one that keeps telling me our "limit" is 6 horses. It is just him and I to ride that many.......so in REAL terms I guess it could mean 4 (2 for each of us). He tells me if I want another one - I need to sell one and it can't be one of his!! - - GO figure :-):-)

If I had my way -- we would have a horse of every breed, color, etc......good thing I have a voice of reson in the family :-)

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 903
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 04:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so glad things are going well for you Deb. the foal looks great. An anterior hoof wall resection can help if the foot is very infected. I really hope she continues to improve, she looks like a lovely mare

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thought I would share a precious photo with you all. I couldn't sleep and decided to go out to the barn as it was a nice night and this is what I found..........

[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/BarceesObsession/SnugglingwithMom062209-1 .jpg[/IMG]

Heather
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THAT IS THE SWEETIST PICTURE EVER!

Kathee McGuire
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1577
Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is photo contest material! How precious.

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 784
Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

must be why we all do it....so wonderful!

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! I would love to try for a photo contest and looked for some equine ones.

Does anyone know of one?

It was a precious opportunity and all we have been through gave me a big smile to say "YES this was worth it!!" :-)

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 905
Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 06:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is the cutest photo, it's brought a big smile to my face, precious

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 08:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jessie update:

We are trying a new approach. We removed the 20 degree shoes and found abcesses on both front feet. I had my regular farrier put her back into aluminum shoes (no correction for angle) and keeping her soles open. This will be the first time in almost one year that her soles are open to the air. I really think the absesses were the issue this last time and unfortunately that was not treated for almost 3 weeks (alternative things were tried per the vet and expert farrier)

The reason we went this route is we took her off the "high heels" and put her into styrofoam and she started walking the best she has in one month. Now - - according to a "normal" horse, she is still gimpy - but for her - - WOW - lightning speed. she also stood munching on her bale for the Whole night last night. This is the first time in many months she stood this long.

I am excited and think we may have turned a corner with Jessie.

Reba.........Well Reba is still a hand full (my thigh has her imprint - AGAIN). She kicks her mom, tries to rear/jump over her, etc. We have come a LONG way with her - - but my - oh - my she is SOOOOOO different from her full sibling brother. I will try to post photos again of her. She looks pretty weird right now because she lost all her hair across her rump (no idea why and treated it for over a month with MTG) it is slowly growing back. Then today she has a good 3 inch in diameter chuck of hair missing on her shoulder! Apparently she was too full of herself across the fence to the other horses and someone put her in her place :-):-)

She can certainly hold her own - she backed our gelding (whom we were planning to use as the intro into the herd) across the barn and out of the pen (ears pinned - mouth barring). I have no worries that Reba will hold her own......probably not without scraps and ouchies from the others once full introduction......

Till later and photos to come

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 912
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great news that Jessie is improving, looking forward to pics

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2103
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, it's so wonderful to hear you're mare seems to be doing much better! I sympathize with you and your filly. She sounds like a handful, but you'll get through this, as long as you're calling the shots and not her.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dear all,

For those still watching - we had bad news yesterday. We finally took x-rays (I was holding off as the vet said it would not change our treatments).

Unfortunately Jessie will never be sound again as a riding horse nor a broodmare. The absolute best we could hope for is a pasture pet (with very expensive shoes every 6 weeks) - - also it is a long shot.

Our vet told us we have done absolutely everything she is aware of within financial reason (already at +$1000's). She commended our dedication to keeping the mare healthy enough to foal and have a good beginning life for Reba, but agrees with our decision to euthanize her at weaning time (about 1 month from now depending on the mare). We all were hoping for a better outcome, but this is reality.

Even if we could find someone to keep her as a "pasture pet" (which I doubt in this economy) and I found out at a later date she was starving, it would break my heart. She is too nice of a mare to let potential bad things happen. I am sad and disappointed with the prognosis, but also want her to go peacefully and painfree.

Her coffin bone has started to fall in both front feet and is pushing the sole outward in a bulging state. The x-rays can only tell us so much - but it appears the coffin bone is cutting off blood supply to the sole.

The good news was the vet was very happy with how we have been able to keep condition on her and that she is eating well.

We have started to socilalize Reba with a few of the calmer geldings - and she RULES the roost!!!! Herds them, bites, kicks, etc and they respect her. YIKES this will be interesting come breaking time. Good thing we work with her daily for leading, picking up feet, general manners, etc! :-)

Thank you for all the support and suggestions. This means we are now officially out of breeding for good. Not that we were "breeders" by any stretch of the imagination.

This is a VERY sad and heartbreaking year for us as we will also need to euthanize my mare that I have had for 22 years (she is 29). The winters are too hard on her and the small amount of heat we have had this summer really took a toll.

Numerous tears will be shed in the upcoming months. We will let them both have the best quality of life possible until "it" is time.

Take care and thank you again for the support

Deb Anderson
Wildcat Acres
wildcat_acres@yahoo.com

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2590
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb~One long hug...Reba is all the more special! What a long long haul you have been on. May you remember fond times with both horses. I had to put down my 30+ old gelding last summer after a long battle of cancer and I gave him a bath the day of, washed his tail cut his hair and put it away for a few months. Now my other horses sport hanging decorations of his hair on their bridles out on the trail and he still gets to travel with us....Thinking of you!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2483
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, you will remain in my thoughts and prayers. I know how difficult it can be to make this decision. My hopes are that Reba excels in all she does, making your memories of your mare all the more special. You've done a great job taking care of her...and I completely respect you for having the decency to make the right decisions for her.
Jan, what a great idea with the horsehair embelishments. Very nice to have thought of that.
((hugs)) to both of you!!

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 840
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How lucky are these horses to have the quality of life you have provided and the kindness and wisdom of your decision...bless you and them. Your memories are their legacy,

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2160
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 01:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, what a hard decision to make, but after reading your post, I'd do the same. It's never easy to make these hard decisions, but we are responsible for their well being. You are doing the absolute best thing for her, given her circumstance.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 147
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for your kind words. I will give an update in about a month. It is a very hard decision and not one we are taking lightly. In the meantime, we are planning to enjoy her and Reba.

Tina
Weanling
Username: Hotti

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 01:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG...I have tears streaming down my cheeks..this is both a sad and beautiful story. How lucky these horses are to have such a kind owner in you Deb. My heart is breaking for you with the loss of this beautiful mare, she is gorgoues..and how sad for her to not be able to stand alongside her daughter. I would do the same in this situation. This filly looks like a real personality plus and think of the attitude shift after being able to stand over mum (boss) for so long..she must think shes Queen of the entire stable!!!!! goodluck and our thoughts are with you..xxxx

Christi Christofferson
Breeding Stock
Username: Cchristofferson

Post Number: 119
Posted on Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 09:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm am so sorry everything turned out this way, do you have any updates? Did you have to put momma down? How is her foal? Best wishes,
Christi

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 155
Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 06:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
Sorry I haven't been on the site for awhile. Both Mom (Jessie) and my old mare (Nicki) were put to rest on Sept. 1st.

Reba is doing great and is already 4th in a herd of 5 older horses!! I have no doubt she will continue to move up the pecking order! She still has a kind eye and has remembered most of her manners :-). Her full brother (Bob - 2007) came home from the trainer the first part of Oct. He is such a docile and sweet horse compared to his sassy sister!! (Although I am looking forward to riding her - it will be an adventure :-))

This has been a year never to forget for us: new filly, lost 2 horses, lost our dear dog of 11 years, got a new puppy (another story in itself :-), lifted our house and put a basement under it......I think we tested the stress levels of our marriage this year but we survived!

I love this site and continue to view it. As Reba grows I will occasionally add photos to the appropriate thread.

I wish all the best of holidays and can't wait for the new baby season!!!

Heather
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 06:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, Im so sorry for the loss of your mares! glad to hear that Reba is doing well though through it all. We also lost one of our mare's on Halloween, my Two eyed Jack/ jackie bee mare.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heather I am sorry to hear of your loss. What great breeding to lose. Was she one of your breeding mares? do you have any babies from her?

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2711
Posted on Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, I'm sorry to hear of your losses as well, but I am thrilled that your marriage has survived thru it all! So glad to hear Reba is well! Keep up the good work....you take great care of your horses.

Heather
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, yeah she was one of my breeding mares. I do have one foal from her, a beautiful buckskin filly out of our old Two Eyed Red buck stallion.

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 158
Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Thought you might like to see an updated photo of Reba. She is 7 months old now and is quickly moving up the herd pecking order and doing very well!!

Her full brother is the palomino next to her . He will be 3 in May as Reba turns 1. The puppy in the photo is Roxi and she is 6 months old.

[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/BarceesObsession/Rebaandgang-Christmas200 9.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww5/BarceesObsession/RoxiandRebaChristmas2009 .jpg[/IMG]

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2756
Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Deb, she's looking wonderful! You're doing an awesome job with her. I love her brother too!

Deb Anderson
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 159
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Diana - your mini's are too cute as well :-).

Hard to believe a Very light palomino and dark bay are full siblings!!! Bob is such a big puppy dog and so lovable and Reba is - - well she is a trying young lady to say the least. I think she will end up taller than her brother as she is getting close to his height already at 7 months.

Thanks for looking

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 162
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Deb, love the one who looks like he has ear muffs on! Perfect for the snowy picture!!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US