SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Any new foals yet? updates from those waiting?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Any new foals yet? updates from those waiting? « Previous Next »

sheila kelleher
Nursing Foal
Username: Innishfael

Post Number: 17
Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

on a few different threads here there are several people waiting on mares over 350 days. i keep checking for updates, so i thought i would ask. anyone have their foals yet?

we got our first one at 361 days, second mare is at 331 today and she has gone at day 340 and day 342 prior to this.

any updates?

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 366
Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 09:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing new going on with my mare. She does look like the foal may have dropped some. We are at about 355 days today.
My main concern is she still has no udder BUT she filled in only like 3 days prior to her last foal.......

Bridgette Lanham
Nursing Foal
Username: Blanham

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 04:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mares udder is shrinking. She was huge, teats pointed straight out and udder was hard. Now, she is soft and udder is almost half the size it was. She is at 336 days today

Ad TB
Breeding Stock
Username: Ajvtbs

Post Number: 455
Posted on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare Queen Bee is 345 days today, huge udder, relaxed vulva. She foaled last year at 334 days! This will be her 9th foal and she has never gone over 340 days before. She usually waxes the day she foals but no sign of wax yet!

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 369
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mares vulva seems relaxed a lot more now. I am calling the vet today to see if I can get some colustrum just in case. It would be my luck she will foal sat night with no milk and i will need a emergency vet call to get some colustrum

Ad TB
Breeding Stock
Username: Ajvtbs

Post Number: 484
Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 02:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had big changes today, Queen Bee has lost her mucus plug, her cervix is dilated and she is waxing. See her thread for some pics!

Kelli Labbee
Neonate
Username: Kellimarie

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 09:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare foaled at 352 days... two weeks overdue, and hundreds of hours of sleep lost, but WAY worth it! Baby is a month old now and quite the little devil... must be the red hair! Will post pics soon...

sheila kelleher
Nursing Foal
Username: Innishfael

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kelli post some photos! some of these mares have kept us waiting way too long.

Stephanie Detmer
Nursing Foal
Username: Aliskeeper

Post Number: 13
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well..must have been my feeble brain writting down dates when I wrote this one down..mare is 365 days. I have GOTTA have the wrong month on this humongous chart! We are figureing she was bred on her cyle AFTER the one I thought I wrote down correctly..this would make more sense...Ill keep yall posted..should be around the 22nd of THIS month.. Oh help please..HOW TO POST pictures???? As you can see..I need a lot of help!!! lol

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 990
Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If they are aleady on your computer...go to www.photobucket.com and create a free account. Then click on their upload button and it will take you to the folders on your computer. Find your pictures and chose the one(s) you want. If you have several, use the bulk uploader - it is much faster than repeating the steps for every pic.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US