SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

.....And we're off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » .....And we're off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! « Previous Next »

Tim Popovitz
Breeding Stock
Username: Dystocia

Post Number: 153
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We had our first foal last night.

A very nice bay colt. Good bone, correct, and healthy.

The mare waxed yesterday afternoon and foaled at 10:04 pm. Jon's timing was spot-on as usual.

Normal presentation, and great foaling. The only issue is that this mare tested positive for NI, so we are having to bottle feed this guy for the first 24 hrs. IgG levels were acceptable, as was his CBC. Mom is doing great, a few cramps post foaling, but nothing a shot of banamine couldn't cure.

Next!!!!!!!!!!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 1765
Posted on Saturday, January 10, 2009 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Tim, good to hear it's all ok! 1 down! Keep up the good work!

todd dennis simmons
Weanling
Username: Horsetrainer

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 08:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim, Just for fun if you are allowed to disclose the breeding fee for that colt ??$$$$$??

Paul Liberty
Breeding Stock
Username: Sptxthrill

Post Number: 121
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Tim,
Looks like my mares are 2 ahead of ya this year! LOL we had a filly born on the 7th and a colt born on the 9th. right now it looks like we have 2 more that will foal this evening. i have only 12 to foal out this year.
good luck to you and jon on the rest of your foalings!

Bobbi Govro
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Tim & Jon on your first baby of the new year! Did you know this mare was positive for NI prior to foaling?

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 205
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi,

I think his fee was 75k, but not positive. She has been a past Ni Positive, so her blood was tested at a local vet clinic and confirmed to be NI+ prior to foaling.

1 down 140 to go! It's going to be a long year!!! I am already tired.

Tim Popovitz
Breeding Stock
Username: Dystocia

Post Number: 154
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Paul,

Well done!!! Ya know, It really doesn't matter if it's 12 or 140. It only takes one pregnant mare to drive us nuts!!!!!!!!!!!! best of luck to you too.

Bobbi Govro
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2009 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim/Jon: I'm sending Blossom to you guys. She'll put you both over the edge.

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 206
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 04:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DUHH has set in! We are starting our 3rd week of foal watch and only have 3 foals on the ground. Hopefully we can double our production so far tonight! Sorry I am getting bored and rambling!

Paul Liberty
Breeding Stock
Username: Sptxthrill

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Tim, youre right about "it just takes 1 pg mare to drive us nuts" lol so far we have 5 foals on the ground. we are also going to have a positive NI foal in the next week or so. i had the mare tested and it came back positive. last year she didnt foal here and the breeding farm didnt have her tested and she lost the foal due to NI. this mare has been tested in the past for NI and is always positive so i am ready this year for her! bring it on! LOL

Arlene Allard
Neonate
Username: Tabint

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Newby here what is NI?

Thanks
Arlene

Jane Whritenour
Yearling
Username: Quarterhorsetimestwo

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i think its, neonatal isoerythrolysis.( red blood cells get destroyed.by the moms antibodies).

Similar in humans to a RH Baby. The blood from the mom & baby are incompatible.

Arlene Allard
Neonate
Username: Tabint

Post Number: 8
Posted on Friday, January 23, 2009 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay ............thanks so much!!!
So much to learn.
Arlene

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 849
Posted on Sunday, February 08, 2009 - 12:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim, Jon and Paul: Congrats and I wish you all, as I wish all of us, a great foaling season.

In regard to that stud fee-and I'm sweatin $1500.00 ???

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US