SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Who is Seeing the Signs that Their Mare is About to Foal Part 3?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Who is Seeing the Signs that Their Mare is About to Foal Part 3? « Previous Next »

Anney Daugherty
Nursing Foal
Username: Winsmorefarm

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope this is alright to continue this thread as Part 2 seemed to be getting pretty long.

I'm still waiting for Alexa. Her calcium reading last night was almost at 125 ppm - but nothing else has changed. . . . . .

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1737
Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney~Sounds like Alexa is getting closer...I am hanging here waiting with you :-)

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 613
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 03:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney, hello. Glad you started a "Part Three." Hope your mare delivers soon. Hang in there!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 482
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: We are now "in the zone"...I think we'll have Lena's new baby on the ground within the next twenty four hours. Wow...this experienced mare is going to be easy to figure out in the future (since I've never foaled with her before I didn't know what to expect). She has just flipped from the lazy, laid-back, docile mare into this frenzied stressed out people hungry horse in just 12 hours. She has gone from zero to sixty with the classic signs of foaling within a week. Not that 6 week stuff those lovely maidens threw at me...hahaha!

Anney Daugherty
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan and Cj. We are at 346 days today for Alexa - getting closer, but her calcium level went down to 100 ppm last night. Still waiting...
Bobbi - glad to hear that your mare is very close. Hope for healthy baby and mare.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 486
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney: Thanks...same for you and Alexa!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1745
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 02:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi~ *******GOOD FOALING VIBES***** Thinking of you and Lena, can't wait for you to post pics of a new one...hoping for a filly this time around for you!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 492
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 03:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan: Thanks! This one is going to be a little stinker like JJ...hahaha...it is SO active. Lena's a tank of a horse and really big mare and this baby is beating the insides out of her. Haley was hoping for a little gommer personality like Moose but I think she's going to get a "daddy" personality. She wants a filly so bad. (I think she just wants to put "pink" on something.) Our farm colors are blue so all of "my" stock have blue "trimmings"...my poor daughter uses bright purple on her mare. She says "Blue is such the standard color here on the farm that I want to stand out." We bought her a purple suckling halter......that's a fairly universal color, don't you think?! (Now, whatever sex it is, it will at least match its mommy).

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1552
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 06:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I can't wait to see what you get... I hope it's healthy and full of spunk. :-)

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock
Username: Mariana_cremonte

Post Number: 189
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 07:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi and Anney: good foaling vibes sent your way! -I hope the vibes donīt come with the cold, it is freezing here!-.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 619
Posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana, freezing? Where the heck are you? Was 105 today here in "sunny Ca!" Hard to imagine someplace cold right now-LOL

Bobbi and Anney, maybe you'll both have babies by tomorrow morning? I'll keep my fingers crossed and yes, you should get a filly this time Bobbi. A purple halter sounds great! Will wish for "pink," for the next size up. HeHeHe

My "moose" is a pretty nice guy, really. Could be a lot worse. He is suddenly very much wanting attention, but still trying to see if I will allow him to munch on my elbow or rear up on me.

His little face is sooooo cute! But he is growing soooooo fast. I will miss my baby.

Haven't bred my mare yet. Don't think she has come in heat yet! I hate to see her breed in the near future and have to go through the CA. summer heat , but she may not give me a choice. I suppose I could wait until about April, but that is too long for me to wait. I know I'm being selfish, but I want to get another baby out of her and am hoping for a filly.

Well, I hope you two get some rest, 'cause you won't likely get any tonight-we hope, right? Good, easy foaling vibes comin your way!

Cheyenne Queen
Neonate
Username: Bunnygirl

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well hello everybody nobody knows me because i just registered.Im jumping on the bandwagon here.Just saw this thread and i thought of my mare.^.^Im getting so bald me pulling my hair out over here.:-)Last night my mare was showing all the signs that she was getting close (laying down getting up laying down etc., vulva long and swollen acting restless not eating and she has been waxed for 3 days) and then I thought maybe just maybe i might have a new set of legs this morning.................well i didn't and she was grazing like nothing happened soooo.her vulva is still long though and she has the loose stools so maybe I will get a foal tonight?.....No tellin.so i hope all of you have a smooth delivery with your mares.Getting balder every day

Anney Daugherty
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana - where are you? Could you send some of that freezing cold towards CA? Any rain would help too. We are expecting 107 degrees (at least) today and heat advisory - I'm actually kind of glad that Alexa hasn't foaled out yesterday or today (so far) - with the heat. Hope for no more fires too.

Cheyenne - welcome to board. I'm new here too and everyone has been great! Check your mare's milk - that should tell you how close she really is OR you may have many sleepness nights like I've had, as everything else Alexa has done, she should have foaled out weeks ago - EXCEPT for her milk.

susan lewis
Weanling
Username: Luv4mastiffs567

Post Number: 44
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I WOULDN'T COUNT ON MILK COLOR, I WAS ALWAYS TOLD THAT WHEN THE MILK TURNED WHITE, THEN ITS REALLY SOON BUT BOTH MY MARES FOALED WITH CLEAR WATERY FLUID. THATS HOW I LOST ONE FOAL THIS YEAR, DIDNT THINK SHE WAS READY BECAUSE OF THE MILK COLOR AND SHE HAD IT AND I WASN'T THERE TO HELP. REALLY THATS A LONG STORY BUT YEAH THE COLOR OF THE MILK DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN ANYTHING.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW FOAL, WHEN SHE HAS IT... HOPE ITS HEALTHY AND STRONG

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 05:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Susan, you're correct that a mare may very well foal with clear fluid so if you are close to her "due date" you need to keep a close eye on her no matter what.

On the other hand if the mare's milk is turning white there is a very good chance she is close to foaling so don't leave!

Anney Daugherty
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 06:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I wasn't referring to just the color of the milk. I was also referring to the calcium levels, and of course the other signs are important too. I use the Foal Watch specifically, which seems to be pretty accurate - that is unless you are sleep deprived and didn't run the test correctly (even though it IS pretty foal, I mean fool proof).

Cheyenne Queen
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the advice guys :-). ... My mare's name is Ladybugs Fax or bugs for short, from -I dont know if you guys have ever heard of the bar none bloodlines, but she has mr. bar none in her pedigree. I still cant find out why the previous owners didnt take care of her.. hmmm she cost them 3000 dollars says so in the paper packet i got with her. I bought her at the auction in bristow, ok for 175 dollars. hmm i will have to look into finding the owners who had her as a foal.... anyways She is a "rescue" mare so I dont know when she was bred but the vet guessed mid june for foaling date. Maybe i will get a baby sometime this week. Will post pictures as soon as the links to the pics start working :-)... hoping for a filly. Will post in the morning. by the way i checked her milk and its clearish yellow but getting a little cloudy maybe...she looks at me like shes miserable i think she wants it out just as bad as i do :-)

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 163
Posted on Saturday, June 21, 2008 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi

Foal?????? Your 24 hours are up.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 623
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 01:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good question, Jonathan.

Cheyenne, welcome. Had to laugh at your "getting bald" joke. Here we say that those who are still waiting are in full fledged stages of Dysfunctional Undelivered Horse Handlers Syndrome, or DUHH. But hair pulling fits right in there!

Reading these posts makes me feels so odd. I remember when I was recently waiting as well. And the lack of sleep! OMG. Now my little darlin is almost 8 weeks old. And I know some of you have already been through at least one foal delivery this season. I can hardely imagine having to go through it again anytime soon.

I wish I had more to offer, but I'm wishing you all the best foaling vibes I can conjour up. Keep us posted!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1558
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 08:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any foaling news this morning?

Cheyenne Queen
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope, no foal. :-( but has anybody heard of a mare becoming more affectionate or clingy before a foal??? oh by the way this is MY first foal at this house but I do foal watch at my moms house :-) My old barrel mare just gave birth to a paint filly!(5 days old)

(Message edited by bunnygirl on June 22, 2008)

Debra Daniels
Neonate
Username: Sagit

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 10:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had a lovely, long-legged buckskin filly at Sunrise this morning. So of course her name is "baby's Sunrise."

Debra

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 741
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats, Debra!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1559
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations on your new filly Debra!!! I love buckskin horses, they are so pretty. I can't wait for pictures!!!

Anney Daugherty
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, June 22, 2008 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

None here yet, although we did have some action last night. Alexa was up and down for the first time. Her calcium levels were at 125 ppm last night too.
Thanks Mariana for sending some rain (thunder and lightning too) and little cooler weather yesterday. Congratulations Debra on your filly! Bobbi - how's your mare?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 629
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 02:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonderful news Debra. Love those buckskins. And a filly too! Congrats!

Bobbi???? Starting to get a little worried. Hope all is well.

Anney and Cheyenne, maybe tonight is the night. I'm sending them foaling vibes you way!

Cheyenne Queen
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No foal, but we got some action this morning.
she was
rubbing her butt on things
her vulva is pink with purple vein like things vulva is relaxed
soft stools
milk is amber , bag full

Anney, foal???????????
Here is my concern is it bad that every time i see her on the ground i see her roll atleast once?

(Message edited by bunnygirl on June 23, 2008)

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No foal for me either at 349 days - I think that is what we are at. No action last night either - no laying down (like the night before last), her milk looked a little more white. I did not test it ONLY because I am running out of titrets for the test kit, but did take a sample to look at it and tried the other way (put it on a dark background and see if you can see through it) and I could see through it a little bit. My mare has been rubbing her hind end on things for weeks and unfortunately has rubbed most of the top part of her tail off (very short hairs). I shower her every afternoon and put a little tea tree ointment on her tail to help relieve hot spot on her tail before a wrap, hind end wash and udder/teat wash.
Cheyenne - Not sure about the purple vein in her vulva, but I believe the color can change from light pink to dark pink, depending on many things. From the color of her milk, it sounds like she is also getting closer, but I believe her milk should be white opaque and thick (depending on if she reads the books or not). I believe that her getting up and laying down could be her discomfort from baby getting into position and maybe she is also helping to position baby. We'll see what today/tonight brings.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 495
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys! Crapola! I do not have a BABY yet! I have to tell you, this is just absolutely nuts!

My mare is so bagged up that she is close to exploding! She is so distended in the rear that I'm not sure how her intestines are not inside out at this point! She waxed up Friday night so I was sure that we were going soon.

Last night, she laid down at 1:00AM (she very rarely lays down to sleep), started sweating and grunting, laying on her side and raising up on her belly cycles, leaked just a tad of fluid and then, 15 minutes later, stood up, started eating and that was that! Guess she just had a little belly ache or a bad case of gas.

Jonathan: I re-affirmed to my daughter when she asked me, "How do you REALLY know if they're close or not or guess when they're going to foal that day?" And I answered...when burst of water appears, the "balloon" pops out, followed shortly by what you hope, is a set of front legs. That's how you really know when they're going to foal!

I am able to milk her like her cow for 3/4 days now. And no baby??? Wow, I'm just humbled by this mare's tenacity to hold that baby in!

Debra: CONGRATULATIONS! Cool! A buckskin! (I have a buckskin gelding and I just adore him!)

Cj: I was a bit worried about her because of fescue issues. I had already talked to the vet on Monday and I was going to put her on Domperidone because although she was bagging up, it wasn't like getting really big. By Wednesday, I was ready to take it all back, By Friday, she could feed a nursery of foals, By this morning, she is a possible weapon of mass destruction if she explodes! I don't think I have to worry about her colostrum coming in at this point. My big concern now is of course all the other issues that fescue can bring about such as the thick sac and possible red bag issues. Unfortunately, I have to WORK! So I can say, she's home all by herself at this point. I just hope there's a little angel watching out for her.

Anney, Marilyn & Emily: Storms predicted all this week...I'm bummin'...this seems like instant replay of March/April foal watch. What?? Are the weather gods punishing me?! Hahaha!

Cheyenne: Welcome to the insanity!

May we all have healthy babies and sleep in the near future!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1583
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, it can be so frustrating. I would have put money on her foaling this past weekend. I think the storms will put her over the edge. Just keep a good eye on her, she can't hold out much longer. :-) I love your posts, you make me laugh.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 02:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi! I don't know what your heading will read when that baby finally gets here :-) I am really doing the filly dance for you! It sounds like those boys at your place need a little filly to boss them around! Good Foaling Vibes!

Cheyenne Queen
Neonate

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NEWS: Bugs has officially v'd, is officially being a butthole today and she is an eating machine and there is a wolf spider content on making its home in my feed bin :-)... well pretty much a normal day oh yeah and im officilly getting loopy from the sleep deprivation and getting kicked in the shins by bugs

Cheyenne Queen
Neonate

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, guys and gals, here are some pictures of my mare from today.
http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/?action=view&current=405a33 c9.pbw
ha took the vulva pic while walking and still got a good one!!!!
there are 5 pics so make sure you see all of them

(Message edited by bunnygirl on June 23, 2008)

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 504
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn/Jan: It will be funny when I finally post my final "Foal Is Here"...you know, my family gets so impatient and bored that we have a "foal predictor contest" where everyone picks the sex, colors (or lack there of) and whoever gets closest to the real package, gets an ice cream. So, this is what we have so far: 2 votes for the filly sorrel/white loud overo pattern, 1 vote for the filly bay loud overo pattern, 1 vote for the colt sorrel loud overo, and 1 for the colt solid bay. Hehehehe...

Cheyenne: Your mare looks miserable as well, however, I must tell you my mare has yours beat and if you get your baby before me...I'm gonna go off in the garden and eat worms...(Bobbi pouts on her stool in the corner!) Hahahahaha!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 505
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 06:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If there is no baby tonight when I get home, I will take a pic of my poor, fat, milk-barn ladden mare and we can all sigh together..."Poor Thing" and them maybe the great foaling gods will shine down with their little puncture pin and get this process on the ball!

I must say that I got more sleep when my two maidens were under foal watch than I have with this multi-child mare! You've never seen such a fat mare in your life, you'd have to dig down 5 inches to find her backbone! I'm afraid she's too fat to really push that baby out of there. It's really sad because I really want to put her on a diet but I can't bring myself to cut her grain down with her current "with child" status. When she walks it sounds like Terranta Sauris Rex has entered the building!

Debra Daniels
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 07:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok...Baby's Sunrise is now here!

Cheyenne, wanted to let you know that Baby went to complete clear liquid from her teats the night before...she never went off her feed, didn't roll around, nothing normal. All she was doing the night before was tail swishing and with the flys & knats, we all do that! Bug sprays just keep them off for a minute or two.

Bobbi...I am now off foal watch....have you got one yet?

Please see Baby's Sunrise here:
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll4/debradaniels/

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 11
Posted on Monday, June 23, 2008 - 08:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi?????????????

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 22
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi - I love the foal predictor contest. I am having my children do that and that just adds to the excitement.
Debra - Love Baby's Sunrise! Absolutely adorable.
Cheyenne - I would still keep watch over your mare tonight.
Ok, I just posted pics of my poor mare, Alexa. http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/winsmorefarm/ She is a little fat, but also very BIG boned too. These were taken just after her afternoon shower. I'm a little jealous here, because all you all seem to have green grass and since we didn't get enough rain for the second winter in a row, we are all brown, no grass, nothing but dirt and weeds. My pastures were very green and lush three winters ago...
Alexa's milk tested around 130 ppm tonight and I'll be watching her again - just in case...

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 05:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi,

You need to come work with me for one season and I will teach you how it's done. It is pretty easy to figure out 8 hours prior with a little practice.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1585
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And then Bobbi will have to show us. :-)

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 12
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think tonight may be the night guys.. poor girl her vulva looks painful when she got her shower this morning it was swollen and the color like when you scratch a rash... belly dropped more, acting wierd like not wanting to come to the barn this morning (shes in a pastuer with a paddock connecting the barn and pasture that i leave open) she ate though. have to go somewhere tonight so i bet she will have it then. P.S. what do you guys think about imprinting bad or good??

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 507
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonathan: You have yourself a deal! I would love to "intern" a bit. You guys are great with that and I want to know "How" you can really tell!

Debra: What a beauty! Got mommy's color!

Marilyn: I'll share foaling secrets with you...(after Jonathan & Tim teach me...hehehe!)

Cheyenne: Hope you had better luck than me. Still no baby yet.

OK guys...this is pretty funny! I will post pictures of fat Lena.

Picture taken this morning: "On the Brink of Explosion"
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/HORSES2008/?action=view&curr ent=HaleysCamera2095.jpg

Picture taken Sunday morning: "Haley & Lena-One Foggy Morning Ritual" I LOVE this picture. There's nothing better than being a mom and watch your daughter be in love with her horse (a horse love generation passed down to the next level).
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/HORSES2008/?action=view&curr ent=HaleysCamera2089.jpg

Lena & Haley Sunday: "Her smile would be even bigger if there was a miniature Lena trotting next to her"
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/HORSES2008/?action=view&curr ent=HaleysCamera2090.jpg

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, i think lena is sooo pretty i LOVE bays although i love black and white paints more..

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1588
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love your pictures Bobbi! Your daughter Haley is a very pretty girl.

Poor Lena, she is massively huge. lol... she can't possibly hold on much longer. I can't wait to see what you get. :-)

She looks as though she were filled with helium and ready to float away, like the Good Year Blimp. lol

Hey, you have to go with Johnathon. Wouldn't that be a blast!!! I would love to do that!!!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 508
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Don't mean to be a board hog, but I thought I would send some updated pictures of the GiMooseraffe & the JJ

Moose & Blossom: "Gangle Thoroughbreds-Ya Gotta Lovem"

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/Slew%20City%20Warrior/?actio n=view&current=HaleysCamera2088.jpg

JJ & Echo: "I'm Getting Huge!"

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/RhettiSetGo/?action=view&cur rent=HaleysCamera2086.jpg

Moose: "A GiMooseraffe Retriever-Walk Tall, Carry Big Stick"

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/Slew%20City%20Warrior/?actio n=view&current=HaleysCamera2084.jpg

JJ: "Won't be outdone by some silly Thoroughbred Carrying A Silly Stick-Huh-Watch This-I'll take this here Fence Post"

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/RhettiSetGo/?action=view&cur rent=HaleysCamera2087.jpg

Can you say "FELLOW FUTURE CRIBBERS OF AMERICA!"

They are so funny! Totally competitive with each other. Whatever one of them comes up with, the other has to rise up to "one up" the task. Hehehe! As you can see, they miss their surrogate mother who is now seperated from the group for some peace & quiet. The poor cows were in with Lena at first but she was a bit irritated with them and quite defensive of her little "foster" children. LOL!

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 03:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think tonights the night she is acting wierd vulva is red and we got some major lower belly movement shes kicking at it.she keeps frequently lifting her tail out of nowhere.be ready for good news in the morning

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 512
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 03:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: Hehe...I love bays too...but I actually have such a multitude of colors at our farm that I have to remain "Impartial" hehehe. She is a really nice mare when she's not covered with fat. As a "fit" horse, she is just stunning.

Marilyn: Ya think she's just a tad overweight?!?! Goodness...she's developed cellulite dimples on her butt! Hahaha! And Jonathan shouldn't make empty invites...I'm fully prepared to take him up that offer...hehehe...I can't even imagine how much fun I could have with Aimee, Jon & Tim waiting for those foals to drop.

Jonathan: So, forget all the "high tech" things that can be done to predict foaling...I would bet that you've experienced so much that you can just tell by looking at them, can't you? If so, give me just a tid bit of something to go on. Is it a look? Is it a stance? Is it a belly shape? What?! What?!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1593
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, she actually looks real good, big, but she should be right now. :-)

Yes Jonathon, we all want to know...

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 165
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Signs

major change in normal habits
noticable filling in the flanks
has a far off look to her eyes(looks concerned)
not drinking water

The first 3 are the best ones. Usually I can spot these as soon as I enter the barn and will know who is going to foal. If you will start watching their flanks about 2 weeks out real close you will know what I mean. It is something that is hard to explain, but obvious once you see it once. As I have said before someone can tell you what to watch for, but it doesn't make sense until you have seen it a few times!!

Hope this helps everyone.

P.S.
Bobbi her flanks appear to be filled out, so this is probally the night. It's hard to tell from a photo though because they magnify the shadows and creases. The changes from sunday to today are pretty significant in the pictures.

Debra Daniels
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 08:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for the comlements on Baby's Sunrise...I am in love too, although hubby says she is his!

Bobbi, don't be discouraged by the fat, did you notice how big Baby is in the pics after the foaling? She is an extremely large mare (foundation) but you could actually think she has draft in her blood lines. I put Baby's date on the 23rd and she delivered on the 22nd. The last horse that I predicted came on the same date I said, so I guess I am losing my touch....

I agree with Jonathan, there are certain signs that once you see them, you never forget and they occur in all mares, maiden or not, that says foaling is imminent. I get more sleep that way too.

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2008 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jonathan, Would you mind looking at pics of my mare? I had taken some a few days ago, and then after seeing your post, I took some more this afternoon. She does look like her flanks are filled out to me, but that may be wishful thinking.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/winsmorefarm/?albumview=slideshow
I checked her milk again and it is still reading 125 ppm for her calcium levels - for last few days. I'm really trying to learn this, but have yet to be able to accurately determine when a mare is going to foal out. I wish these mares read the same books that I do...

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my mare is definitely acting wierd tonight her pupils are dilated and she does NOT want to be touched............

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 166
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney

Just going by the pictures she has filled out in the flanks. Normally when we see that its within 24 hours in thoroughbreds. As cautioned earlier pictures can be deceiving.

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jonathan. Alexa seems fuller everywhere, and just when I think that she can't possibly get any bigger, she DOES! I don't know Bobbi, I think Alexa may have your mare beat on the fatness side. Those dapples are really fat dimples (hehehe). My vet just rolls her eyes everytime she sees her.
Other than a squeal (which just really woke me up), my evening has been very uneventful - I am beginning to believe that Alexa really is going to be pregnant FOREVER!!!!!
Bobbi, Cheyenne - I hope you both are having better luck.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1599
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne and Bobbi, any foaling news for us today?

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No foal today but the wierd behavior continues and her flanks are filled out completely today. I have had her with my welsh gelding as seen sidelining in the pictures he is very old and calm but should i put him in a paddock until she has it , hes been with her for 2 months ?

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 517
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All!

Jonathan: I absolutely know what you are talking about in the flanks. I noticed it right away with my two maidens earlier this year. The confusion was with Echo as she filled out those flanks for about 2-3 days prior to foaling. I'll just have to pay closer attention.

Lena definately has filled out her flanks significantly. In fact, when I posted up the pics yesterday, I indeed did notice the difference right away. I just have to train my eye to see it better in person.

But alas...there was no foal last night.

I usually feed at 5:00AM and even during foal watch, my mares are always hovering where they are fed (they know what time it is). However, here's that odd behavior that Jonathan mentioned. This morning, she was up under the barn (our barn is all framed in but doesn't have any siding or roof yet) laying down and wouldn't come when she was called. I actually had to go up and get her. She got up and followed me down to her feeding area. I also noticed...and Jonathan tell me if this is a sign as well...that she is walking with a stiff gate in her hind legs. I noticed that my Thoroughbred did that too within 24 hours of delivery. Its like they are walking with a corncob up their you-know-what or like their legs are all "stoved up".

When I fed her grain this morning she was interested and ate but not with her typical hearty appetite. She normally nickers as your bring her food to her and she just stood there and waited...no horse talking...another oddity for her. She actually left some of her grain this morning and headed back up the hill to the barn.

I was so doing that whole "wow, that's odd for her" thing so I stayed for a few hours and didn't leave for work until 7:00AM. I have sat here all day and thought...she's having that baby today (probably already here). The only humerous part of this scenario is that she is bound and determined to have that foal in a barn, finished or not!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1605
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, that is so interesting Bobbi about her habits and how she's acting. She'll have it today or tonight for sure. lol... I must have said that a dozen or so times to you already. lol

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 520
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 02:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn: LOL...I've been saying it to myself since Saturday night! It is odd though that when I uploaded those photos yesterday that I had one of those "whoa" moments when I saw the obvious change that Jonathan had pointed out. I just don't know how I can train to see it better in one-on-one with her. I notice her filling in at that area but I don't notice the change on a daily basis. Maybe that's what I will do next year: Take pictures every day and then just compare them...it seems that's when I can see the changes most dramatically.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1606
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I'm not sure exactly where to look, can you help me out here?

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 07:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi don't go and do any tax errands tonight!!!!! I have a bottle of Woodford Reserve that says she has it where she was laying this morning. Yep, the stiff legs are another sign. Everything back there is starting to relax. I usually don't get to see that very often since all of mine are always in the barn when I come to work.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1611
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I know where to look, thanks anyway. :-)

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 25
Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, I officially retract about believing that Alexa will be pregnant forever...
Here's today's activities - much different:
1. This a.m.'s check - milk streaming down inside of leg.
2. Very, very crabby today. She is usually so very "laid back". Lifting leg like she wants to kick - does a little towards stallmate, but doesn't dare with me (so far at least). Mouth open and biting tie post during teat/udder cleaning (she usually closes eyes).
3. Did not eat all of breakfast, lunch and slowly nibbling on dinner right now.
4. Vulva very swollen, relaxed and elongated - bright pink inside.
5. Temperature read 98.7 F tonight - usually 99/100 F.
6. Milk more white, with just a little bit of yellow, more opaque.
7. Udder/teats very full and hard - explains pain.

I looked at her flanks, and they seem to be same as yesterday. Thoughts? Anyone? Anyone?

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Posted on Wednesday, June 25, 2008 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well im on foal watch tonight AGAIN but i think she will have it tonight or may be wishful thinking (yawn)ttyl guys...... post in the mornin

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a Boy!!! Presenting Amilione - "Max"
Arriving June 25, 2008. 11:30 p.m. PDT

Here's pictures:
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/winsmorefarm/?albumview=slideshow

Bobbi, Cheyenne - Any news? I am going to sleep for few hours before I have to get up again.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1613
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 07:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Anney!!! What a nice looking colt. I love his snip. :-) I'm glad you're done with the whole foal watch, but I'm sure it was worth it. He's really cute!!!!

I hope Bobbi and Cheyanne had luck last night.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 749
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney, congrats on your new colt!!!!!

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well bobbi did you have better luck than me? I had no foal last night but i guess im gonna sleep today so i can stay up AGAIN tonight hope she doesnt want to be one of those that has her foal in the daytime.........

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1614
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn it Cheyenne, I thought you'd have yourself a new little foal this morning. Oh well, good things come to those that wait and wait and wait and..... lol

Now Bobbi, it's not nice to keep us in suspense. lol

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well im really hoping it comes soon i will go get some today pictures and post them in a minute...............

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 521
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney: NICE COLT! What a cutie!

Jonathan: Keep that bottle of Woodford Reserve on the chill...

Cheyenne: NO>>>No better luck than you.

Jonathan: She has not moved anywhere since yesterday. She attempted to amble down to eat this morning, but walked halfway to me, turned around and went back to "the barn". I took her feed up to her and she ate. She has me a bit worried as she is retaining heat in her body. Last night her body temp was up and staying that way. She still had that "sleepy, lazy" look to her eye as of yesterday. This morning she has that kind of "spooky or alert" eye look to her. Wide-eyed and like not on the same planet as we are...you know, like they would walk over the top of you because they "see" something and don't have a clue that you are standing in front of them.

Her flanks are still full and I've been paying close attention to them and no other change has developed since the Tuesday photo that I sent you. Belly foal activity has dramatically decreased in the last 24 hours as well. We're just teetering on the edge, ready to go any minute now.

You make me laugh Jonathan (hehe...the tax appointment) as I just made the remark that I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so THAT'S when she'll have it! Hahaha!

My youngest son (17) has been foal watching with me for the past week. He was so funny last night because he sat for an hour with her, petting her droopy head, and "chinese torchering" her with repetitive chants of "Have Your Baby Already!" He cracked me up...he was making this huge spash sound and saying, "Lena, That's The Sound Of Water Breaking, Can You Make That Sound?"

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 572
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I give her until 10:30 pm this evening....

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1621
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 04:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I give her until 2:30 am this morning. The countdown begins. lol

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 06:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to everyone for helping me get through this, with your words of wisdom and encouragement, hand holding, etc. - my apologies for being overly needy. It's all good now though - I'll be sharing a bottle of french chamapgne tonight when hubby comes home, and toasting to all of you, right before I crash (after not getting any sleep for countless nights).

Now time to send awesome foaling vibes to Bobbi and Cheyenne's mares...think foal, think foal, think foal!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 523
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diane & Marilyn: HAHAHA! I'll send "virtual ice cream" to which ever one of you is closest!!! HAHAHA!

Anney: ENJOY! Its such a thrill to get them here safely.

I have a question for any of you who may have an answer: (Please remember that I'm starting to go into the overly-concerned mom thing that just creeps up the back of my neck sometimes)...

Here's the deal: Lena has a "bad tooth". About 1/2 way through her pregnancy, she developed a tooth that is giving her fits. It is very noticeable when she eats grain as she tilts her head to chew and hangs her tongue out all over the place. It, of course, has gotten progressively worse as time has gone by. My vets and I had decided in the "1/2 way" period to wait to remove the tooth until after she foaled. We talked in great length about this and our philosophy is "don't treat a pregnant horse anymore than what is absolutely necessary, especially with anesthesia, UNLESS it becomes a problem that must be corrected immediately. So, as long as she was eating and it wasn't detering her appetite or her intake, we just let it lie. When I had Moose antibodies tested (April) we looked at her again and made the decision that right after baby is born we would give a good dose of juice and get that back tooth outta there. My worry...could she be retaining body heat as a result of a tooth infection or should I just chalk this up to normal, fat, getting close body heat retention? What if there is an infection going on? What effect would an infection have on baby in the womb?

Am I just nuts? Do I just need alcohol at this point? Is it sleep deprevation?

I'm going to Kentucky!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 575
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, time to take the Woodford Reserve out of chilling.....and settle down! LOL You're overly anxious girl. Yes, even mild pain can cause fever...but look at how stinkin hot it is too. Remember when you were about to burst with your kids....? Were any of them born in 100 degree heat? Think of it. I'm sure the mare will be fine until foaling, and I don't believe an infected tooth would have any effect on the baby in the womb. She'll have it tonight, and you'll have nothing to worry about....well, that's probably not true...then you'll worry if the juice you give the mare will affect the baby thru the milk, and so on and so on.....just worry, will you? About anything and everything....? We're here for you....and so is the Woodford Reserve....haha
Surely this will all be over tomorrow, and we won't hear from you for days, cause you'll be sleeping finally!

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, June 26, 2008 - 09:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi

Sounds like I get to drink the bourbon. She still laying in the same spot isn't she?

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1624
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 06:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any news today? I'm hoping for a couple of new foals here. :-)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 753
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too, Marilyn!!!

Cheyenne Queen
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nope no foal her flanks WERE filled out completely but they are sunken in again...........tsk. tsk. tsk. Bugs is getting very determined to make me bald.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1628
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a bummer!

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems like bobbi just wants to pair with bugs because she knows we're all in suspense here.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 527
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jonathan: YES...SHE IS STILL LAYING IN THE SAME SPOT!!!! How did you know that?!?! She won't friggin move! I spent ALL night up there with her in a high wind, massive thunder storm with lightening crashing down all around me thinking I was just a wiener waiting to be roasted...but still, no baby! She is "seeping" fluid...not much...just enough to tell...would the fact that she has her back legs crossed and is sitting up on her butt be an indication that she's trying to hold it in??? (HAHAHA...well, maybe the last part is an exaggeration...)

I will say this to you all...her bag, well let's just say that from late yesterday morning to 7:00PM last night, it went from a full bag to that, you know, where the nips are almost part of the bag? The teats are now just about one-billionith of a centemeter long...I figure by the end of the day, her udder is going to just take on the appearance of a large edema or cancerous growth.

My daughter comes home for the weekend from the city tonight...maybe she's just holding out till "mommy" gets here?

Maybe she's being entertained by my stupid human body standing out in the middle of an electrical storm, hitting the ground like I'm in a combat zone each time that clap of thunder sounds, or maybe she just likes my cute pajamas, or maybe she just likes the butt scratching she gets every hour all night long, or maybe she's just obese and there really isn't a baby in there!

I did find it humerous last night because she let one of the yearling calves sleep right beside her. An odd event as she knows she is King of the Cows and when she walks by them, she'll pin her ears and just snear at them and she can scatter the whole herd. For her to "let" one of the calves sleep next to her...why, that's just unheard of.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 528
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 01:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK...so who's got a Farmer's Almanac or a Calendar with the moon signs? When is the next "new moon"????

I'm getting desperate and grasping for straws! LOL

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 529
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another tale: My grandmother used to tell me (when I was in my twenties and was breeding quarter horses) that they always bred their livestock in different directions to achieve the desired sex of the animal. She swore by it. I laughed. Then I though, what the heck, what's it gonna hurt to give it a shot. I want you to know...it worked 100% of the time. Nothing more than coincidence I'm sure, but it makes for interesting data.

I was so impressed that I used that same "method" on myself...four kids later, and 100% success...ya never know!

Method: Breeding facing East/West will give you a female. Breeding facing North/South will give you a male.

Just useless babbling for our foal watching pleasure, courtesy of the chick who is lacking oxygen to properly synapse brain cells.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1631
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bobbi, sorry your mare is being more than unreasonable. I would get out a toilet plunger and have a talk with her. I know you'd hate to use it but heck, she is the one who's being stuborn here. lol

If I put the mare upside down and breed her, do you think that might get her preggo? I'm thinking if the direction thing works for a certain sex it may work for getting them pregnant in the first place. lol... Heck, the gravity alone may do the trick. lol

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 532
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 01:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn: LOL....You are SO funny! I think you're on to something! You know my husband has a Trackhoe...we used it to suspend our barn truses and put them up...I'll bet we could devise some type of hind leg equine suspension contraption and make our millions!

And by the way...hahaha...yes, I had ONE of my children in August...the rest were born in Dec, Jan & Feb...does that tell you what I thought about pregnancy & summer heat?!?!

Poor Lena, she is SO hot. She is my "difficult sweater" as it is. She doesn't sweat like she should when she's NOT pregnant. She just worries me because I don't want her to overheat. She's always done a pretty good job of taking care of her heat issues herself by wading in the pond and striking her front legs to splash the water up on her belly, sides and chest. Its just like Jonathan leads to...she ain't moved from her hilltop corner in the unfinished barn for the 3rd day now. I went so far as to carry a couple of buckets of water up to her as I'm not convinced that she's coming down to drink during the day (just in case).

I was actually glad that we got some rain last night because I thought it would help cool her off. It was freaky watching the rain soak her back and the steam just roll off of her. You would have thought she just ran a marathon and was getting a "cool down" bath.

I'm getting closer and closer to joining you on July Foal Watch!

Cheyenne: Nothing?? OK...you and I, together here, sitting cross legged, holding mid-finger to thumb, closing eyes, and chanting, "Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm, Hmmmmm"...Hey, it works for Gandhi!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lol, Bobbi you really are a charactor! You crack me up!!! I'll bet you're a blast to hang out with!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 534
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn: LOL! My son says I walk that fine line between sane and insane. Life's too short to take it seriously.

I don't know...its more fun to make fun of me (and my animals..hehe) than to just blurt out the obvious progression of things. It just makes for more excitement to say "Holy Cow, water flew everywhere, then, a great big white balloon lookin' thing started inflating from her hind quarters, then, bam...balloon burst and legs stuck out..." than the, "Concurrently, the amniotic fluid broke as textbook progression, leading to the entrance of the amniotic membrane, which broke free as procedurally normal duration revealed the correct presentation of the foals front legs..."

I like my version better! Hehehe!

You should have seen me in college...hahaha...I always wrote two essays: One that sounded like the professional person I can be with all the correct grammer and english, and then the other one, that was about as down-to-earth, call-it-like-I-see-it which were much more entertaining to read. One of my essay assignments was that we had to write an instructional paper on "how to do" whatever...I chose how to create a lawnmower when you had no idea that as you picked out your model at Wal-Mart that it would be given to you in a box...who knew that assembly was required?! I'm sure you can imagine how incredibly funny it was...based on true experience.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1635
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I like the way you look at things. I hope you never change. I hope life gives you only cherries and leaves out the pits. :-)

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 536
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 02:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marilyn: Ditto to you. You happen to be one of my favorites on here. You take a knock on the chin and keep on trucking...shows resilence and tenacity...a true sign of character!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 754
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 03:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry no foal yet, Bobbi. You are right though!!! Man, what a storm!!!! 3 inches of rain in less then an hour. I couldn't believe it. I was out on the porch watching the storm but had to go in because it was blowing so hard I was getting soaked!!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 537
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 04:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily: Yes Buddy! It was something else and guess what??? It's coming again! The skies are darkening up and I guess we're in for round two...another night of dodging electricity!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 755
Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know!!!! I thought for sure we would lose power. Which reminds me I need to fill up the bathtub again. We fill it so we have water for flushing toilets, washing dishes, etc. Usually if we remember to fill it up then we don't lose power.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2008 - 06:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well weve got some wierd behavior and her udder is huge and rock hard since yesterday, vulva is relaxed and puffy milk is still clearish yellow though more like a transparent yellow..... vulva is bright pink and has been so since yesterday......almost a red color with purpleish lines sometimes....resting back feet a lot lately for the last couple of weeks and kicking at her abdomen....not grazing much just standing in the barn and when she does graze she doesn't stray far.....has not turned down grain....some biting at sides but all of the kicking biteing
tail swishing may be flies......sooooooooo shes been like this for a couple of days..........OOOOOH yeah and i saw movement by her tailhead today......may put my dogs in the garage tonight just in case she does have it tonight.....anyone wanna guess and get virtual wine or something??????

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 08:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Bobbi. As I see it, a person has two choices, give up and get nothing or keep trying and get nothing but huge vet bills. lol... just kidding of course. lol

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any good news this morning bobbi? none here
:-(

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 172
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi

Has she foaled yet? Is she still laying in the same spot if she hasn't? If she is still in the same spot and hasn't foaled you may want to stick an arm in there. From what you have been describing she may be trying to tell you something. She might just be slow or could be that needs some attention. I get nervous when they start laying in the same spot and not wanting to move. Nine times out of ten for us it means a red bag or something like a leg stuck back/over the head.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 539
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 540
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am proud to say that Jonathan...you were correct!

At 8:34AM this morning, between severe thunderstorms, we received our long awaited delivery!

My daughter called last night and had debated staying up in the city and I told her if she wanted to see her foal arrive she better come on down to the country! She went out at 5:30 this morning, in the rain & lightening, and re-braided Lena's tail (she was just so worried that she had worked some hairs loose...jeeezzz, and I think I worry too much..hehehe). She brushed her down and just got her all cleaned up. And yes, she had not moved from the barn for 3 days now, but oddly enough, she did come down for the first time in days to get her grain this morning...

So off Haley went to go brush the other mares in the next field over, playing with the Moose, and I walked up the hill to the barn. Lena turned and nickered at me, the tail went straight up in the air, I yelled "Haley, you're gonna get a baby today." She responded with, "Yea, really, you think?" Lena walked over to me, turned her back side to me and broke her water. I yelled back, "Yep, like right now." *SMILE*

I did have to go fishing. She presented nicely and the balloon arrived normally, but...only one leg was coming out to the shoulder. So on the gloves went and up I went, found the other foot (foot behind the shoulder again...just like Moose) got it worked around and once I did that, I could palpate the nose and head straighten out. With just a little help and gravity, she arrived in all her glory.

Thank goodness we were there...the fescue issue did present itself as the amniotic sac was incredibly thick and baby did not break out of it. It was even pretty tough for me to tear but its amazing what adrenaline can do for a 92 pound woman! Ha!

Presenting:

"Tri-Wizard's Silver Goblet" a/k/a "Bella"
Filly
Born: 8:34AM 6/28/08
Chocolate Bay with LOTS of color! Yippee!

I promise I will post pics tomorrow morning. Camera battery is dead right now...ummmm, could it be that my daughter took over 125 pictures! Jeezzz...there's a play by play frame thing from start to finish!

Baby stood in 5 minutes...no kidding...she's a little feist. Mom hadn't even stood back up yet and she was up and ready for groceries! She nursed right away with no problems and within an hour she was cantering all over the bright new world, giving her worry-wart mother a stress attack. Lena is quite different than my other mares, she is a really protective mother and quite frankly, didn't want us around much after the production was done.

She's adorable! She is much smaller than the first two we had this year. Just a petite little thing. But I'm debating whether she just looks small because the boys are so big now or whether she really is just smaller (we figured she would by far be the largest considering the tank of a mom she has).

We are having a little issue with the back legs but as the day as progressed she's standing straighter on them. We'll see how she does over the next day to see if there's any intervention that may need to be done. But, we are all so happy that (knock on wood) things went so well!

Cheyenne: Its your turn now!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 541
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 08:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need a drink! Where's that bourbon????

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 266
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 08:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WHHOOOOO HOOOOOO!! Yay Bobbi!

Can't wait for pictures!

Glad everything went well:-)

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 756
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hurray!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of Bella!!!

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 174
Posted on Saturday, June 28, 2008 - 09:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I need a drink! Where's that bourbon????

In my belly!!! I did toast Bella with the first glass. Congratulations!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1762
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Again Bobbi you deserve that Filly and I love the name Bella :-) I'll raise my glass to you! :-)

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 01:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Bobbi - Congratulations on your filly arriving!!! I was getting worried there, but am relieved that you were there when your mare needed help - KUDOS to you!!! Can't wait to see pics too.

Cheyenne - any news? How is your mare doing?

We have been busy with Alexa and Max - Alexa who is so devoted to her new baby that she stands in one spot in her stall. She will go around in circles, but will NOT move from this spot for anything (including food & water). We were having to hand feed water to her to get her to drink anything, and she was only eating her straw bedding. Finally, I put her in her pasture for a little while, and she started drinking. I have been giving her soaked beet pulp, stress pak, wetting her hay, etc. Today, she seems a little more relaxed (though she still won't leave her spot in her stall - which she and Max go in at night), we have moved her food and water to accomodate her and she now seems to be eating and drinking much better. Max's IgG test results came back at 2200, his long hind legs are straightening out and getting stronger (he's not walking like a German Shepard anymore), he's very feisty, but is being a very good boy for hiney cleanings and soapy water enemas (that we have been having to do to help him out).

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 577
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 02:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Bobbi! Can't wait to see pics! Good job on the repositioning!

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1340
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 02:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Bobbi, I can't wait to see pictures :-)

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1639
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YAHOOOOO!!!!! Congratulations Bobbi, I love the blow by blow account of the birth. lol... She just came up to you and her water broke, what a lucky duck you are!!!

I can't wait to see pictures Bobbi... Yipppeeee!!!!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 543
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So here are the preliminary photos: (Haley's got the better ones but she's off with her camera proudly showing the world her new addition)

I was a tad busy and didn't get the good shots...hahaha!

http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/HSHERROW_2008/?action=view&current=Haley sCamera2103.jpg
http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/HSHERROW_2008/?action=view&current=Haley sCamera2108.jpg
http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/HSHERROW_2008/?action=view&current=Haley sCamera2109.jpg

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 757
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi,
She is lovely!!! Tell your daughter congrats!!!

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 29
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi - Darling filly - love her markings. Congrats to you, Haley and Lena!

Cheyenne - are you still alive - with or without hair?

Kim Peavy/Blk&White Pinto Colt 6/16
Breeding Stock
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 252
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah Bobbi, she is just beautiful and mama looks so relieved! Great job Kim

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yah im still alive sorry i was watching her all night so i kinda crashed without posting
nope no foal but her pelvic muscles are so loose her whole back end looks deformed
flanks are sunken in today full bag ....................... will post later im going back to bed

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1641
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is beautiful Bobbi!!! She looks like she has the peace sign on the side of her. You know with the two fingers. She is absolutely a cutie pie and a half. lol... Good job!!!!

Don't worry Cheyenne, your turn is coming up and before you know it, you'll have a sweetie pie on this thread! Good idea, get some sleep, because I think tonights the night for you. Good luck and stay cool as a cucumber. :-)

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey how long should her udder be rock hard untill i need to worry about it and should i milk her a little bit to take the pain away.?

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 176
Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne

Don't milk on her unless she starts dripping. The pain from the engorged bag is one of the least thing on her mind at this stage. If she starts dripping you want to save it because it is mostly colostrum. You can bottle feed it back after foaling.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well earlier she was holding her tail up and her vulva is pretty swollen also she was rolling a little and her milk went all clear although she was grazing still she yawns a lot and does her lip up like she's smiling at you :-) her milk veins are huge and when you touch her butt the whole thing wiggles LOL her bag ius still so huge there's not a crease in it.....so maybe tonight

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Post Number: 30
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Cheyenne and your mare tonight! C'mon baby!!!! Healthy foal and mare wishes to you.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 632
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I have been off line for a few days. Yipppeeeee! What a precious baby! And a filly! You lucky woman you!

So glad you were there and Jonathan, see, we still need you!

So you're all done for the year. Oh ya, I love the name Bella too. Very cute.

Cheyenne? Maybe too early; hope by the AM we will be toasting your new foal!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne did you get your foal last night? I'm really convinced she was ready to foal, so I can't wait to hear from you.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope no foal but when i go check on her later and give her her breakfast i will tell you the signs she is showing.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 546
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: You are soooo close...hehehe! Poor little Lena was a yawning girl the night before she finnaly brought little newbie into the world. I've got my foaling fingers crossed for you!

Thank you all for the nice congrats on our new filly.

Marilyn: Ha! She does look like she's got the peace sign with a "period" above it. The one on her side, if you stare at it long enough, looks like a "fluffed-up" rooster.

I'm going to try to post up the picture today from the other side of her neck and then...you will all know where Tri-Wizard's Silver Goblet came from...hehehe. That was the first thing that my daughter said when I was toweling off her face/nose/mouth. She was like "OMG Mom! Look, she's got a goblet on her neck!" Thus...the pre-arranged name had to be re-evaluated and the new name was born.

By the way...the whole tri-wizard's thing is a Harry Potter reference.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1764
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi She is darling :-)

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks!

I looked back at the pictures of Moose & JJ when they were a day old and its not my imagination...she IS small! Wow...she is so tiny that she looks like a pony's foal. Is that unusual to have one so small out of two relatively large horses? Or is it that the two maidens went several weeks past their due dates and that resulted in the large foals? Lena was right on time. Just everyone's thoughts on that.

She still has that "newborn shake" going on even after 24 hours old. I don't remember the boys still being that shaky.

She's been nursing well...going to the bathroom fine (typical newborn "runs" now but nothing anymore unusual than with the previous foals). She just looks frail...she scares me a little.

Debra Daniels
Nursing Foal

Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi....so glad the baby came, and I know you are too.

I had the day from hell....was late getting off work by 3 hours....have a 1 hour drive home. Arrived and who is standing outside of the fence, but Sunrise...trying to get back in. Ran inside, changed clothes, finally got her back inside where she belonged and looked at all the damage she had done to herself. What a mess! Big hunk off her chest, gash on the side of her hoof, and gashes and slices all over the place. Ok, finally got Sunrise caught and medicined up...had to go in the house and clean up dog poop.....AGH!! This isn't Friday the 13th.....is it????????

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 551
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Debra: OMG! You had a HORRIBLE day! I've had my share of those days and they are NOT fun! Poor Sunrise...I hope she'll heal up fine. Poor thing...sounds like she had the day from hell as well.

And as for your dog...man...hope that was just because it "had to go" and not that it has an upset tummy!

This may turn into a long week for you!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1666
Posted on Tuesday, July 01, 2008 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Debra, that's terrible!!! How did Sunrise get out and why, I wonder? The poor girl, I hope she's doing better. Maybe the dog was all upset with what was going on outside, it freaked out. Isn't it awful to clean up dog poo! I've done that many times in my life and don't care if I never do it again.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 07:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, congratulations on your filly! she is very very cute!, could you post new pictures?

Cheyenne, good foaling thoughts to you...

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1667
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 08:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, how's the filly's back legs doing? Are they getting better?

Cheyenne, any foaling news today? I thought she'd have that foal days ago. She needs some incentive, extra carrots???? lol I guess getting rid of about 80 lbs isn't enough incentive. lol

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope no foal but my dad is getting SOOOOOO impatient and horses aren't even his thing..... every morning the first thing he does is go check for a baby in the pasture..... LOL Marilyn i thought so too but i would think the pressure on her udder would be enough her udder is so full the teats are deformed....so i would think it will be soon she has been holding her tail up a lot also but i couldn't tell u about the vulva because she pulls it up when you lift her tail tsk tsk tsk........anyways does anyone know about this , my mare has really bad gas she toots like every 2 mins......soooooo talk to you guys later.....

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news guys we have our first MILK!!!!!! its still not white but its not transparent its opaque honey colored...... maybe colostrum.....okay so i have some fly spray and it always says to contact the vet before using on preggo mare so should i use it or not or should i call the vet does any body use fly spray on their preggo mares????she has really bad flies

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1669
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was told anything that is perithin (SP?) water based flyspray is alright to use on pregnant mares. But I wouldn't spray it near her back end or her udders. I would be careful not to spray where the baby will be. Ya just never know...

Good luck Cheyenne!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1774
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne~So glady you have the beginnings of MILK! Yahoo home stretch!

Debra Daniels
Nursing Foal

Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sunrise is doing better, still hates me putting salve on her though. I think she got upset as the other horses had gotten too close to her fence and Baby is in foal heat and is the mare from hell. The dog went potty because I had been gone over 15 hours. I work 10 hr days with a 1 hr drive each way, being 3 hrs late wasn't helpful. You know, you usually know when things are already rotten at work, it is just going to get worse as the day progesses! Sometimes I just want to stay in bed!! Anyway, things are better and hope they stay that way.

Cheyenne....any news????

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 01:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Signs
1.milk is opaque white
2.vulva is swollen and long, hot pink inside
3.acting out of charechter
4.not grazing or drinking much but eating all of her grain
5.lifting tail a lot
6.biting things that aren't edible LOL
7.cool to the touch except udder which is normal

^.^ i think we're getting close guys

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 554
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: You're getting closer! Maybe she's just waiting until Independence Day!!! A little firecracker foal!

Mariana & Marilyn: Thanks for the congrats. Her back legs are SO much better now. She's almost completely straightened out. I will probably have some growth plate issues with her but they are substantially better and we're just going to let her grow out of this. She is a little spitfire girl! She scared the crap out of me last night as she took off running so fast, had her little ears pinned back and bucking...headed straight for the fence (and I had visions of tragedy as I had with little JJ learning the fence lesson!) I'm yelling....FENCE!!! She slides to a stop an inch away and turns around and prances back out to her mom who is equally as frantic with her little neck arched and her little side kicks...she already thinks she's the toast of the parade...hahaha

I will get updated pictures here as she already has filled out nicely and muscled up. I'll get a good shot of back legs (if she'll hold still long enough).

In the meantime, I'll share these two photos with you:

Picture after I had to go in and straighten out the leg and turn the head. But successful delivery at this point:
http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/HSHERROW_2008/?action=view&current=MomFi shingLenasBaby.jpg

The sweetest joy...my daughter cuddling her new baby
http://s277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/HSHERROW_2008/?action=view&current=LenaB abySleeping3.jpg

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 31
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The latest news is she is getting soooo close she is dripping milk now and she keeps acting like shes gonna poop but she just farts LOLdrinking lots of water now but not grazing at all she walks around in a circle about every 2 mins. so i think she will have it tonight p.s her udder filled a lot in the last 2 hours.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 555
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: I would say that if she is circling...you'll have her within the next few hours...

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne~Good Foaling Vibes...you are goig to have that baby soon!

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

holding tail up and a trainer down the road's horses broke r fence and got in our pasture so maybe that put her over the edge...................... will post in the morning ttyl bye

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 634
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I had sent you a Congrats, but did not post. Maybe is the one blacked out for some reason. Anyway, so glad you got a filly and she is so pretty. Glad your daughter could be there too and really glad you were there, considering the problems.

Jonathan, we really do need you! Please never leave us!

Anyway, you are finished for this season. How many do you plan for next year?

I'm going to end up with a late foal next year. Plan to have two, by either buying another mare or leasing one.

Cheyenne-hope this is it! Let us know and sending you lots of good foaling vibes. And then sleep!

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 33
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 08:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!! Presenting "Ladybug's Ace" who was born at 6:45 this morning a happy healthy sorrel colt with socks.!!!!!!!! will post pictures later..

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 760
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 09:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YIPEE! Another Colt! Congratulations!

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 01:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Cheyenne!!!! Yeah another colt!!! I think those boys seem to take longer. Dying to see pics!!!!

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 34
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Okay so can anyone guess what color he is and tell me if you think he will gray out because his legs have quite a bit of graying.......so i'll post pics as soon as i go get them...

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 558
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: Thanks sweetie! I will have 3 next year as well...however, rather than having multiple month craziness, I have bred them within a 30 day period of each other...maybe just one big crunch of madness! I will have late foals as well. Next year, I'll be skipping 6 months before breeding back and then change back to early foals. My barn will be done by then and, hopefully, our house so I can do the January/February foal issue.

Cheyenne: YIPPEE! Many congratulations!

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1352
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures :-)

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are the pics of Ace and momma

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/?action=view&current=96baf9 6f.pbw

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 04:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne~What a perfect little gentleman! He has lovely confirmation, beautiful head, and he is really a big boy! About his color...looks like he might be a changer to me :-) what is momma, what color is she and dad?

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 36
Posted on Thursday, July 03, 2008 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mom is gray with red roan spots and the daddy is unknown because she was a sale barn rescue mare.................

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 637
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 01:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations!!!!! Way to go! Nice looking colt-look at those long legs! Is he going to be a big boy?

I'm not so good with color, so won't hazard a guess. Hope you got some good sleep, or at least will tonight.

Again, nice colt.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 638
Posted on Friday, July 04, 2008 - 01:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I now know that I know even less than I thought I knew, about stallions. Think there is a poem in there somewhere? Anyway, probably a good thing I don't plan in ever managing one.

That poor woman. Ouch!!!!!!! I have heard people say many times that regardless of how gentle they appear to be, one can never, ever, trust them. I guess her experience is a tragic case in point.

I hear you about delaying breeding so that you get earlier foals. I had thought about doing to same thing. At the rate I'm going, it just may come to that! But I think I've found stallion. Gonna go look at him ASAP.

So you will have three within a month, Sounds like a good PLAN, LOL!!! I just hope the mares know about it too! HaHa. Have you had that talk with them yet?

Happy 4th everyone and may it be safe for you and your's, inc. the four legged ones.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 642
Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2008 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Opps.Bobbi, I just read my post about stallions, in response to one of your posts. I must have been having a brain fart and posted on the wrong link. Really need to slow down and make sure where I am on these posts!! Now please don't tell me I am on the right thread after all! If I am, just don't tell me, okay?

Debra, I just spent more time reading these posts and I saw your day from Hell. Isn't Sunrise your new filly? How awful for her and her mama and you! Wow. The things they can get themselves into!

My colt panicked one day when he was too far from mama and didn't know how to go around a fence to get to her. Took off at a dead run and blasted through a chain link gate. I saw him on the other side and mama freaked out. Fortunately I was able to get him in. I couldn't let mama out to bring him in, because there is stuff in the yard they could really get hurt on. Fortuately, they both were fine except for a scrape here and there.

I know a chain link gate is inadequate, but it is what the home owner here has. The mare does not try to get out, so it has been fine, until that day. I hope I don't have a repeat.

So anyway, I'm sorry about your Sunrise. How is she doing now? I'm sending good vibes that she has had her full share of mishaps in one instance and from now on, she will never have another!

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, July 06, 2008 - 07:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gals & John: I laugh so much with your posts...you are all so funny.

Congratulations Cheyenne! Ace is very beautiful!. Mamma must be relieved now.

Bobbi loved the picture of your daughter and the filly...Bella right?

By the way, for the ones that asked, I am in Argentina, in a city called Mar del Plata, on the Atlantic coast. We are having a very cold winter. I have put my mare in a stall box for the first time in years, and the colt is out -without a blanket because I am afraid he could get tangled and injured- his coat is so so thick and long he looks like a donkey - big head, long ears and huge butt he already had- haha..

Anney, congratulations for Max,all the horses you have there are so beautiful! and great pictures too!. I could not get into your farmīs site, will try later.

Will have a glass of wine and tost for your new babies!!

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Monday, July 07, 2008 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Mariana. Only some of the horses on the photobucket are mine, the rest belong to friends that breed (I breed to their stallions), and I just take pictures for them. My website is currently being updated, but have been busy tending to new colt's injuries (just after I was beginning to catch up on sleep after very long foal watch), so it may be a little while.
Hope everyone else is doing well, along with their mares, babies and other horses. Have to go check on Max and give him antibiotics - HE LOVES ME!!! (not)

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there is black colt that I just loved so much! canīt remember his name.. is he yours?.
Did Max get injured?. Poor guy and poor you, I bet he is not happy to see come with the syringe!.

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 01:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probably Balt'Amour (I wish he was mine) - check out www.jumpstartfarm.com. He is a fabulous colt by Balta'Czar. His dam is Papillion and she is by Aradius out of a Cheenook mare. He is actually four years old now and is a stallion prospect (I don't believe he is approved with anyone yet, but I think he will be presented this year). There is video of him on YouTube that was posted by his owner. I believe if you do a search on his name, it should come up. The only other black colt is Fidelio - who is a full brother to my black filly, Giada. Fidelio is now three and is also a stallion prospect too.
Max was injured on evening of July 4th - though not sure what happend. I posted his unexplainable injury under the "...Newborn Foal Issues" forum. I am very puzzled as to how he was injured, but he seems to be doing better. Thanks again Mariana.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 270
Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney- I'd like to see that Aradius/Cheenook mare, thats a very interesting cross. Do you know who owns her, and is there a website?

(Message edited by dressage_diva333 on July 09, 2008)

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, July 08, 2008 - 07:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Samantha, Her name is Papillon - I have pics of her here from when she had her colt, Balt'Amour: http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/winsmorefarm/?albumview=slideshow
She is a gorgeous mare. She was bred by Jump Start Farm - www.jumpstartfarm.com and is currently owned by Avenir Farm - http://www.avenir-farm.com/#/papillon/4515505494
I believe that she is currently training is FL.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 272
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I enjoyed those pictures, I've always liked Balta 'Czar. Wonderful stallion.

My friend had a Cheenook/Benvolio gelding, I see a lot of similiarities :-)

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 211
Posted on Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Anney, I saw later your post about Max.That is an odd thing to happen in a stall. I am glad he is recovering well.
That one the one, BaltÁmour!. They were all gorgeous dhough! I wish any of them was mine..

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 01:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Samantha and Mariana. Balta'Czar is a wonderful stallion indeed - I love his personality. My filly, Balta'Rhee (by him) has many of his personality traits - which is interesting, because she has never met her sire, but does some of the exact same things that he does. My new colt "Max" is by his full brother, Aslan and my filly Giada is Balta'Czar's and Aslan's half-sister on the dam side. I would love to see pics of your horses.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 561
Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: What a good looking baby! Sorry I'm so late with the congrats! Everyone looks like they faired well!

It must be the month for injuries...Lena went into foal heat and my stallion went over and through a 6 foot barbed wire fence, got into the next pasture and then went over/through a 5 foot barbed wire fence. Needless to say, he's not doing so well. He is cut from head to toe, has a huge chunk gone out of his flank area and the blood was everywhere. His testosterone just gets the best of him. He's incredibly strange though when he gets in with these mares, he doesn't go after the foals and mom pretty much backed him off, even though she was in heat. I had a lovely conversation with him trying to explain that these girls weren't going to let him near them and that all the pain/agony he put himself was not worth it if he'd just wait a few weeks, he could get them. (He didn't listen)...this is the 2nd time this year he's done this. Crazy boy! It doesn't matter whether he's in a stall or a pasture, he will literally kill himself to get to a mare. I'm beginning to think he enjoys self-mutilation.

Hope everyone's injured foals/mares are healing up. We always seem to get our injury streak in the heat of the summer...someone's idea of bad luck so that we can not only fight to heal the injury but we have to fight the heat & pests as well.

Debra Daniels
Nursing Foal

Posted on Friday, July 11, 2008 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ...thanks

I agree Bobbi...seems like we just have to put up with them wanting to do damage. My farrier says that horses only have two things on their minds...how to hurt you or themselves. When you think about it, he has a point. I hope that everyone that has had injuries clear up and all works our well. Sunrise is running around, testing herself all over the place. I certainly hope those roll-backs she is doing will be remembered in the future!

Great looking foals this year to everyone!

Kim Peavy/Blk&White Pinto Colt 6/16
Breeding Stock
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 01:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, don't know how many of you are following all recent threads, but a board buddy, Marilyn, lost her beautiful mare during birth. She has a beautiful filly and searching for nursemare...see July foal watch thread for updates and any info...prayers are needed for her right now! Kim

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 564
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim: OMG! Thanks for letting us know. How horrible! I just love Marilyn!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 645
Posted on Monday, July 14, 2008 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Same here. So sorry. I'm trying to find the thread.

corina gabel
Breeding Stock
Username: Newyearsbaby05

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey i jsut read about bobis man going threw the fence. On the 3rd or 4th or something liek that. My stud went nuts over one of the girls and reared and got a cheapy t-post threw the sholder. Thank god it was cheap and bent over or he would have been stuck there!!! I had that same talk with him... i asked him how he thought he was going to get any when he was all cut up. then proceeded to bawl him out trying to explane him that a few seconds of pleasure just couldnt be worth it!!

hes doing good now but hes going have a nice little battle wound. Im begining to understand why people put the expensive ones in a box stall all the time and why they allways look perfect! Poor thing he just doesnt get it. TYPCIAL MAN!!!

HEY IS ANYONE ELSE GETTING CLOSE??

Here is the link to my little one!! born 07-10-08
the first pictures are of her the day she foaled.

http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/newyearsbaby05/?action=view&current=9c7b8dff.pbw

(Message edited by newyearsbaby05 on July 15, 2008)

Jen
Weanling
Username: Jens

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well - I'm following everyone this year as my mare had difficulty getting bred last year AI and then conceived on a last ditch effort to a different stallion live cover. My time will be early August. I'm hoping the 6th - as it was my mom's birthday. My poor girl in her 10th month at the start of dog days - I won't do that again.

I have to say after reading a whole bunch of posts - most of us mare owners are a bit Coocoo. Rain storms - shoulder length gloves - up all night for weeks. Yikes - but I can't wait! I must tell you guys who are sitting in fields that they make little tiny cameras that broadcast to a little monitor - my camera requires a plug - but then does not need a cord between the cam and the monitor. It cost me like 175.00 USD. You need a pretty straight line between camera and monitor - and I leave the slider open. At 2 in the morning I can sit in my kitchen watching the mare instead of in the barn - which means I can watch Hong Kong Phooey cartoons on Boom. Life worth living.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 566
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jen: Hahahaha! You are too funny!

corina: Hope you boy is doing ok.

Please keep my boy in your thoughts...I know this is usually a mare & foal focus forum but my poor boy...after we returned him back to his pasture he again decided that the smell of nature was more than he could withstand. He didn't go through the fence this time, but instead, pummeled (and I do mean pummeled) down an aluminum gate that was 5-1/2 feet tall to a mangled mess that ultimately is now about a foot and a half tall. He returned to Lena (who was in foal heat) and now...not only am I dealing with his legs being a bloody, marred and mangled mess, but he evidently tried to breed the other two mares (in the adjacent field to Lena) through the barbed wire fence and lets just say that his "manhood" took the brunt of it. He is cut and mangled in that anatomical area as well. He is so swollen he can't even retract himself. He is able to urinate fine but this is going to be a really long haul to get him healed. Unfortunately, with everyone in heat, he's not in the mood to be treated for his owies.

I'm just hoping when its all done and said that I have a stallion left.

By the way, we decided to stop fighting him and he is now living with Lena & foal. She's probably already bred back and has gone out of heat. He's a great daddy to the foal and tolerates her well. Now the boy foals...that's a different story...guess he sees them as competition. He seems to have settled down just a bit having at least "one woman" to ease his stallion instincts.

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 276
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi- I am sorry to hear about your boy. That is aweful, I really hope he comes out of this okay :-)

Makes me thankful for my short-fry of a stallion, we have 5ft fences, and my 11.3 hand man wouldn't even attempt to jump them, and I have pipe pannel fences, so he wont go through them either.

I am going to be sending my jumper prospect stallion away to training before the mares come into heat next spring (it will be his three year old spring), as to try and avoid an accident.

Once again, good healing vibes are coming your way!

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 07:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi and I have discussed the whole barbed wire issue before so I won't go bringing it up again other than barbed wire really is bad for horses, especially if you have one that wants to get out! With that, even nice fencing can have a problem keeping a stallion in if they really want to get to a mare. My stallion was in a round pen (metal panels) and decided he really liked the Appy across the way and tried to jump out, he didn't make it. This is what happened.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/reggiesleg.jpg

He has permanent nerve damage to his leg and rolls his toe sometimes, it may be a career ending injury :-( Ironically he shares fence lines at home with the mares and has never tried to get out, go figure.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 771
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi,
Sorry to hear that. I'll pray that he heals nicely for you.

Joanne Umbrasas
Nursing Foal
Username: Percheronpridefarm

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all, I have been noticing that this is a very active thread. I have a maiden mare that is now 389 days. And yes I have my dates right before anyone asks. I own the stallion and hand bred the mare then had an ultrasound. So with that I will post two photos one a year ago and one two days ago. I have never had a mare go this long and must say I am a little concerned even though everyone says there is nothing to worry about since she is eating, feeling fine and has no discharge.[IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/7107.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-005F.jpg[/IMG]

Joanne Umbrasas
Nursing Foal

Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just wanted to say that you all seem very supportive of one another and believe me I could use some words of encouragement.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

joanne, my mom has been breeding for 30 years and has had them at 390 plus days one at 395 and one at 391 so if she is eating and not laying down a LOT she should be fine but i'm telling you if she is laying down most of the time for more than a couple of days get her to the vet PRONTO because she may need some oxytocin because we lost a couple mares that way but if she seems well there is nothing to be worried about

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1808
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne~How is your girl today? Any changes? Still sending you Positive Foaling Vibes!!!

Joanne Umbrasas
Nursing Foal

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, thank you for asking. No change, utter has once again gone down, not all the way but noticable. Still eating and walking around doesn't seem to be bothering her. today is 390. Cheyenne, actually she lays down very little, which kinda surprises me. I will keep you posted. What did you think about the photo's? Does she look ready to you?

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everybody, so I know this is an off question that is not in the right place but has anybodys horses got raw pasterns? my new mare has been kicking fences and her pasterns are pink and raw? what would you do about that? i dont want to take her to the vet unless absolutely needed........... any advice is helpful and appreciated. Thanks.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

joanne, she looks VERY ready to me so keep an eye on her because a lot of the time babies that are late have problem deliveries........ as posted before laying in the same spot for a long time usually means there are problems so i would watch her like a hawk for now ................ keep us posted and .......... p.s. i think your mare is very pretty

Joanne Umbrasas
Nursing Foal

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 08:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you, I do watch her eat, eat, eat...!!! She was not my favorite horse but with this she has become a real doll. She has been very loving and wants all the attention. My two year old has had his nose a little out of joint about the whole thing. He was my baby and doesn't understand why he is not number 1. lol. We think she is a beautiful mare, thank you for noticing.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 08:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As for your mares pasterns I would just put blue kote or some cut heal on them so they are somewhat protected. Has she stopped kicking fences?

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 08:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, Cheyenne thought you would like to know since you have paints,that she is bred to my Blk/White paint stallion. He is a son of Pecas Pepsi who was recently sold and exported to Germany. This foal will be performance from top to bottom.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 40
Posted on Wednesday, July 16, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow joanne cant wait to see baby it will most definitely be gorgeous and talented so will be watching for baby pics..................one more question, do you think i could ride my mare or should i wait? shes pretty small (a Quarter\Arab cross) at 14 hands and has a thin arab body and i weight 130 pounds so i dont know if i should ride her or let her heal............ p.s. she learned her lesson and shes not kicking steel cable paddock fences anymore LOL and the frame is pipe so there are definitely no escapes around here......... really helps with the stallion LOL

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 09:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How old is this horse? It is all about joints closing.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 41
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is four years old

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 567
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: If she's a four-year-old, I would say that you're good to ride.

Tracy: Although barbed wire is not optimal, its what I have to live with. Unfortunately, it wouldn't matter if it was all wood, pipe or other fencing...the gate he pummelled was aluminum...we moved over one of our pipe gates and guess what...didn't matter he tried to kill himself again getting over it. I've watched him kill himself going over a stall door as well. He doesn't have issues with fences at all when there's no one in heat. I think he's just one of those that "come hell or high water" he's getting to them when the time is right.

Thanks again to everyone for your kind thoughts for him. He really is just a mess right now. This is one very good reason why I don't stand him to the public. Once a year chaos is enough for me! LOL!

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi as a stallion owner myself I have a soft spot for you however, If your stallion is that hell bent might I suggest a solid box stall. I am thankful that neither of my stallions carry on like that. As a matter of fact there is a four strand high tensile hot fence that seperates him from the other horses, including the mares. He may run along side it but believe me he has never attempted to do anything. I would really consider a solid wall to the ceiling box stall with a sliding door that is also solid. This will curb him and maybe he will have to get over himself and learn a little restraint. I will keep you in my prayers in the photo's he looks pretty beat up.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 10:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now for the mare report, there is nothing to report. day 391 and no change. We are suppose to leave on vacation the 27th and believe me I thought that was safe given the 342 - 350 average. Guess notMy girlfriend, who has horses, is in charge while we are gone and she is just beside herself. I said the way things are going she may not have that foal till we get back. LOL Laughing on the outside crying on the inside these days.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne~do give up yet...the 27th is still a few days away~Hang in there! She can't keep it in there forever! I am sure that she is cooking up something super duper for you! Hang in there!

corina gabel
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 197
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 01:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

do you think she might be holding on to it becuase of the other horse in there with her? just a thought. sometimes there best friend isnt allways wanted.

bobbi i hate barb wire but 1/2 our fence is 4 strand barbed all 20 acers! every year we try to buy 2 new rolls of strait and slowly but surly we are getting it changed! We run 3 strait and 2 hot top and bottom with rusty. he will get close but usually only get in it if the mouse has been threw and all realdy knocked it out. he usually wont take it out on his own. We have a beasty charger on his side it bearly shorts out if its touching the ground! if he gets even close it will arch off the fence to get him (its like really old and very high powered). It so hard with these darn men, you know our hubbys are almost as bad. i need hot wire to keep mine incheck!! LOL

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 08:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No change this morning, except she was sticking out on the sides and I swear from behind right now she doesn't even look like she is in foal. Her utter is weird? she will bag then it goes away, not all the way but down a lot. I have never had a mare that has acting this way, guess I have just been lucky. As to the other horse, I have decided that if nothing by the weekend I am going to move her to the stallion area, and put the stallion in with the two year old gelding. They have been together before, no problem. I have hesitated to move her only because in the stallion area she will have to eat hay rather than that nice green grass, but that is the plan. I will keep you all posted, thanks for the words of encouragement.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 574
Posted on Friday, July 18, 2008 - 02:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne: That would be a great idea on the box stall but our barn is under construction. Hahaha...you should have been here earlier in the year for my foal watches. The only thing completed at this point is the shell and partitions...my last mare was so hell bent on foaling "in the barn" that she did in fact foal in the "frame" setup of the barn. It was pretty funny. The other issue we have is that we rarely keep him inside the barn. He is a cribber. When we purchased him as a three-year old, he had no teeth left in front. He was stalled his whole life until we purchased him and obviously he was not a happy camper being cooped up so he found wood his anxiety tool.

The other issue: hot wire/electric wire. He was also contained in that environment prior to us purchasing him. Doesn't faze him. He will run through and over hot wire in a New York Minute.

I know that most people don't have these stallion issues (I've had stallions for most of my adult life and they have all been extremely wonderful and behaved boys) but the reality is that this guy had three years of non-existent handling. Not really his fault, we have to chalk that mistake up to bad human judgement. It doesn't take away from his genetics. He has a wonderful pedigree and when not breeding, he is workable. He's getting better all the time, it took years to make him what he is and it will take years to correct some of that behavior. Of course, if it doesn't kill him first. But, considering that few folks would even deal with him, that would be his future anyway.

I'm not sure what photos you are talking about. LOL...I've not posted any photos of him yet. So I'm not sure who's horse looks beat up but its not mine. Hehehe.

corina: Hey! Can I borrow your wire fence?!?! I would love to have something that would zap that good. He might actually get a respect for hot wire then. He is virtually numbed to electric fencing. Besides...he's intelligent enough to know that "gates" are not hot-wired. He figured out the barbed wire fencing hurt, but he could climb the gate and get to what he wanted. Too bad he wasn't a dummy foal himself...he's so intelligent that you have to always keep a step ahead of him. He even figured out how he can put his butt up to a cedar post and rock it back and forth to loosen it from the ground and then just plow through a fence. He's a tricky little devil!

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi you are a better person than me. I don't think I could put with up it no matter how great the genetic. Guess it must have been someone elses horse who got all cut up and there were photos. Oh, I have a hot wire across my gate as well. Not hard just like a wire gate that runs in front of it. I have hot wire on the inside of my wire panels as well. I have a very hard time believing that if you have a good fencer that is hooked up properly that he won't respect it.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mare report...393... still no change. This mare is driving me crazy. Looks fine, acts fine, just a little more on the big baby side of her attitude which is fine kinda nice really. Sure wish she would get with it.

corina gabel
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 200
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i just reread my post and it sayes rusty will get into the fence if the MOUSE tears it down first. it a MOOSE not a MOUSE that tears our fence down

hey bobbi i bought this charger not even knowing if it worked. $20 at auction its like 100 years old LOL!
Man i feel bad for your man, i know its not his fault but poor guy. They make plastic insulaters for metal panels. they cost 2x as much but they are preaty kool. We had a mare that would do anything to knock the electic out so she could scratch her butt! and this mare we got last year had her butt on the fence and you could hear it zapping her-didnt faze her a bit- man she wanted a little that bad!

Joanne are you sure shes preg... just kidding ok i thought it was funny! my mare foaled at 3 in the after noon after 2 months of the bag up then almost gone then back up then gone. She was actually 1/2 empty with i left her thursday morning!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 646
Posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 01:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Corina, I was thinking to myself, that was one HELLUVA MOUSE!!!! LOLOLOL!!!

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 43
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not to be rude but might I ask why we all like to post at like one in the morning????????????????

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Depends on where you live :-) I live in Washington so it's really only 10 pm when I post but it says 1 am.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 577
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne: Hahahaha...maybe some of us just can't get out of that all night foal watch mode...hahahaha.

Joanne: Trust me, we know how to put up an electric fence and like corina suggests, there are just some horses that will tolerate the good zap for whatever it is they want. I had a dog once that would take off across the yard and run through one of those invisible fencing systems. In his pea brain, the quick jolt was worth the freedom. LOL And no, its not that I'm a highly tolerable person...hahaha...I'm a pretty strict owner actually. Its not that he's vicious and crazy to people or to mares (he's actually quite a gentleman when he breeds), he's just got a libido that drives his brain to cause himself bodily harm. Go figure. My friend's stallion down the road is excellent at handling but I've seen him try to climb over a round pen when they turn him out for exercise. He's a Hollywood stallion and comes highly sought after, but what the average mare owner doesn't know about him is that they have to muzzle him when they breed him because he is so vicious to the mares. Go figure. Jonathan once told us a story about a stallion they had that took like 5 guys to walk him to the breeding barn. Now THAT would be too much for me to want to deal with. LOL Still no baby yet?

Diana: Hahaha! Yep, corina grows those mice big out where she comes from! Hahaha!

And, the good news, Lena's at least bred back (foal heat). Funny...she was my last to foal this year and she will be the first to foal next year. Its now been three and a half weeks and Blossom and Echo have yet to show an active heat cycle. (I'm not convinced he didn't get them through the fence.) We'll wait another week and see if anyone comes back in before we do prego checks on everyone. The big boy has healed up fairly nicely now. His legs are healed up and other than hair growth, he looks good. His manlihood is also almost completely healed up. He looks good and he feels better. Sigh of relief that in spite of the horrible heat, we made it through without any major infections.

Hey...I've got a question for anyone out there. Lena has a hard knot back in her flank area. Has had it since she delivered baby a few weeks back. Its not visible to the eye but you can palpate the lump there when you groom her. Any clue as to what that might be?

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 655
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, sad and irritating that you should feel the need to defend yourself, your stallion, your practices, and your fencing ability......
it's very bothersome when some people lack simple common courtesy, and can't make their presence known in a tactful way.
I have no idea about Lena's lump....

Samantha
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 281
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi- I'm so glad to hear that your boy is doing better :-) And thats great about Lena! Was Lena's '08 filly by your stallion?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 647
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow! A lot going on since I've been off line! Can't respond to all. However, I read the stallion mishaps (to put it mildly). It is funny Bobbi, but when I read your first post about him going through the fence, I wondered if you might be able to eventually put him in with the mares (since they seem to protect their babies and be able to handle themselves too) and low and behold, you did!

Glad it worked out. I have a lot of respect for people who have their own stallions and manage them well, as I'm sure you do. No one can cover all the bases all the time, for one reason or another.

Joanne, good luck with your late foal. Keep us posted!

Can someone tell me where to find Marilyn's thread about her lost Dora? I can't find it anywhere. thanks.

corina gabel
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 202
Posted on Monday, July 21, 2008 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i dont care how much the horse was worth if it took more then me to hold him he would have something less to worry about between his legs before he could even have a change to think ab out it!!! These boys are so funny i am amazed what they deem nessasary to get the job done im very thankful ful just the samll nicks and cuts for some of the dumb stuff he tries every now and then. To bad there isnt something else to do! Ill keep my fingers crossed for him.

With as bad as things are up here were i live there isnt anyone around wanting babys. my neighbor usually has 15 to 20 bookings every year to his 95% foundation dun he has 3 outside mares this year!! so no chance that my mans gona see any action this year!!!!i am almost tempted to jsut find someone free and let him relive his presure maybe he would feel better

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, thought I'd better give everyone an update it is now day 396 and still no action. Really no change in my girl. She is still wondering around, eating, and not exhibiting any signs of getting with it. As stated in an earlier post we are leaving on vacation the 27th not looking real promising but I know things can change in a big hurry. (hopefully).

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbi, I was reading above and I sure hope that I didn't insult you in any way. That sure wasn't my intent. I am just so thankful that my stallion isn't that interested. lol. Please accept my apology if I offended you.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 225
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi CJ the link for Asia (Doraīs foal) is this http://www.equine-reproduction.com/board/messages/2813/32083.html?1216757159
ad I believe the message where she explained what happened to Dora was in this thread part 2.

Bobbi I am glad your entusiastic boy is healing up well. Marylin, how is Reggie doing? I admire all of you that handle stallions, I am doing ok with Calfu, my 9 month colt but I am not thrilled to handle him next spring .

Joanne I was going crazy everyday past the 340, now... 396?! I would be totally insane, so sending good foaling vibes your way!. Hopefully she will have the decency enough to foal a couple of days before your vacation...

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 226
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry, I meant Tracy not Marylin!

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 04:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana, Reggie is doing well. He seems to be rolling his toe less and less so I'm really hoping that I can start riding him again in a month or two. His leg does have a big lump and scar so it kind of looks deformed now :-( BUT he's sound so that's good! Thanks for asking! :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1826
Posted on Tuesday, July 22, 2008 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne~still checking in to see how you and your gal are fairing. :-( I see unfortunately still pregnant. Well she has about 4 days to pop that baby out! Fingers crossed for you.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I am sorry to say that there is still no change. Here is the question? Is it possible or has anyone ever known a mare to have mammary development months before foaling? I think I mentioned that I did turn the stallion out with her last fall (Oct) since she was in foal? I am beginning to wonder if maybe she did miscarry and was rebreed. I find that hard to believe since I surely would have seen signs of activity out in the field. The only thing that is strange is the fact that she has mammary development that started about the time that she should have been due. Any ideas.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne do you have the possibility of contacting a vet?. If you do maybe a vet can palpate her and tell you how things are going?. I am sorry if I am adding to your anxiety, but you seem to be worried... Best, mariana

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been in contact with three vets in the area. They all say the same thing..that if she was in trouble she would be showing signs of distress and there are no signs of distress what so ever. They all say that there is no way of knowing by palpation how far along she is at this stage of the game. The day I return from vacation the vet is scheduled to be here (Aug.4) The vet I spoke with today in Missouri indicated that they do an ultrasound and measure the eye socket and that they have some formula to compare that with that can tell approximately how far along the foal is. None of the vets around here have mentioned such a thing. But she is a reproduction specialist so she probably knows and deals with this stuff more. I am not really worried about my mares health as much as the fact that we have had a vacation planned for a year and when the plans were made I thought she would foal late may early june and leaving the area would not be a big deal. I worry more about my girlfriend who will be watching things, not that she isn't capable, she is, but not easy to make decisions when it is someone elses horse. Only looking for answers to maybe reassure her. I really appreciate your comments and I am trying to muster all the medical advise I can. I must say I am surprised that the Vet doesn't comment much on here. I promise to keep everyone posted. Day 397

(Message edited by percheronpridefarm on July 23, 2008)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Wednesday, July 23, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, Last July I too had a family vacation planned for, hotel, airfaire, 6 adult children with time off work so there was no way to change it. I opted to put my mare at the Equine Hospital to foal out. Which she did 2 days before we came home but it was unremarkable and she could of easily foaled at the barn with the caretaker there :-) It was nice that they could take a picture and send it to my phone so I could see my little one right away! It sucks to miss it but what is important is that everything goes smoothly. I would recommend having some numbers for her to call for moral support. Perhaps encourage her to join this board and we can help her as she babysits...I am still pulling for a miracle baby tonight!!!

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, good morning all, no baby this morning. I did move her last night to a seperate area which required that I put the stallion out with my gelding. They are doing fine together. The mare seems to like her new space as well. I put together a list of numbers, however, I like your idea of getting her hooked up with the board. Everyone here is very supportive and maybe that will give her that extra support that she needs. At least now the mare is by herself so if something does happen there will be no interference by the others. Plus Cindy won't have to look far to find her. lol.

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Joanne - Have you checked your mare's milk? That might help with determining how close she is. When do you leave for vacation? Hopefully she will foal out before you leave and then your friend can still helping monitor mom and baby while you're gone. My thoughts are with you.

Bobbi - glad to hear that your stallion is mending alright. I posted an inquiry on the continuation of this thread - ...Part 4 (before this one reached the 200 mark), but you must have missed it. Hope your new baby is doing well too.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 01:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anney, her milk isn't milk, it is just that amber/clear liquid, sticky stuff. We leave early Sunday morning, 6:25 am flight.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 579
Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. The boy is healing up remarkably well actually...wonder if testosterone is a healing agent because he sure has healed faster than any other injured horse I've ever owned in my forty years.

Here's a photo of him from last Sunday and my goodness...you can't even tell he was hurt that bad.

Samantha: Yes, all three of my foals were from this guy. Its sad that no one did anything with him as a young horse. He is just FULL of incredibly confirmation and agility grand national champions in his bloodlines. He would have made one great riding animal.

mariana: Don't be too admireable...we're just humans that do the best we can. My biggest problem is that when breeding is done and the testosterone levels drop, I have the tendency to forget he's a stallion...but, as you can tell from the chaos that ensued...he reminds me at least once a year!

I've included a photo of Taya (Tri Wizards Silver Goblet...his last foal of the season) at three weeks...she's just filling out so nicely and what great muscle development she is getting!

http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/HORSES2008/?action=view&curr ent=HaleysCamera2165.jpg
http://s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj67/BGOVRO_2008/Tri%20Wizards%20Silver%20Gob let/?action=view&current=HaleysCamera2167.jpg

Diana: *Smile* I get tickled...

Joanne: Still no baby...OMG...you're kidding me?!?!

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, I believe that as she gets closer her milk changes (at least that's what the books,vets and breeders that I know say, as well as my own bit of experience) and her calcium levels increase, which makes the color and consistency change. If you have a calcium test kit (pool water kit)you can test the levels (depending on which one you use, the results can vary a little). Without a test kit there is another way of checking and I believe there is an article regarding this subject on this board - perhaps Jos can direct you to that information, which may be of some use to you, along with other signs. I try to keep track of this information on each mare, which should help to estblablish a pattern when the mare's get closer to foaling out. Those are just my thoughts (for what they are worth). Good luck with your foaling - I'm sure that the regulars on this board can give you more information as well.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I normally don't comment in the evening, however, Ladies we are getting close. Tonight she was really loose in the hips, her utter was 4 times the size it was yesterday. She is so big that her teats are barely there. She was also very standoffish tonight which has not been here style as of late. So we are down to three nights and a wake up before I leave so keep praying and hopefully soooooon we have a foal on the ground. I will update everyone in the am.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, July 24, 2008 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bobbie I didn't look the photo's till after the update, what a darling foal. Your stallion looks great. One would never know that he really did a number on himself.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 582
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm betting Joanne has a baby within the next 24 hours....my guess....8:45AM this morning....

Joanne:??? Baby yet????

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry not this morning, but we are really close. Her utter was very hard this morning. I am telling you she is going to wait until the last possible moment before I need to leave. Hopefully not and she gets with it soon.

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 02:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, my mare foaled the night before I was having surgery! She delivered at 11:45 pm and I had to get up at 5 am to leave for the hospital, talk about waiting until the last minute!

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have the feeling that Diamond is going to pull a similiar number on me Tracy. She has played around so far, today is day 398 maybe she thinks number 400 is magical or something. Hopefully night or tomorrow morning that would be close enough for me. At least that would give me a little bit of breathing room.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, hold in there we are all sending you those good ole down home vibes that everybody gets on this thread!!!!! UPDATE: how are everybody's foals doing? Ace is fine but my stallion is not (in the head) we were breeding ,when he was breeding one of my mares he fell over and hit his head on a fence post (it was histerically funny) he must have been VERY relaxed hopefully he didn't hurt himself too bad!!!

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Friday, July 25, 2008 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all, well still no foal. A friend of mine stopped by tonight and checked her out. He says it will be a couple more days. I told him, since he only lives a mile away that when I leave he his to support Cindy in her watch. He assured me that he will be checking on her as well and is available if Cindy needs anything. So now we have at least two folks that will be keeping a close eye on my girl. She seemed pretty restless tonight especially earlier this evening when it was raining, thunder, lightning etc. But even that didn't seem to modivate her. Keep sending those vibes we still have about 36 hours before the plane leaves. I will update in the morning. I really appreciate everyone here to bounce things off. It truely helps. Thank you.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 651
Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 01:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, glad you have her "watch" covered! Sending healthy foaling vibes your way. I can't imagine having to wait so long! I'd be nuts.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does anyone think we should make a new thread? This is getting really long?

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Saturday, July 26, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There is nothing new to report, just that another 12 hours have passed LOL. Oh and Cjskip to answer your question of how one deals with this "good drugs" LOL, just kidding.

Jenni Luttrell
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Bugrace2000

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 12:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes a new thread would be good it took a really long time to load for me.
I bought a mare about 2 months ago she was NOT supposed to be bred but tonight was looking at her and thought maybe??? so checked her udder and she has a small bag with white milk. I dont know what shes done already cuz I havent been watching her that close. I do know that when I bought her she did not have a bag and her teats looked maiden to me

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 654
Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 02:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, bourbon is a drug, yes? And legal too! Hope we hear good news tomorrow from you.

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Sunday, July 27, 2008 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Any news on Joanne's mare?
I started a new thread - Part 4 about two weeks ago - way before this thread hit 200.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, July 29, 2008 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all, I am in Colorado, still no foal at this time as far as I know. I am going to call home in a minute, and get a report she is suppose to be emailing me and I haven't heard anything. If there is news I will let you know. Day 402. But who's counting.LOL

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 675
Posted on Sunday, August 03, 2008 - 04:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, Anything yet? Or did you post elsewhere? Poor thing-that goes for you and your mare!

Bobbi, that is one nice foal. Is this the last one? Your filly? Seems to me it must be. Great development! Are you feeding her anything?

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 04:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I am home from CO and had scheduled a vet visit before I left. Here is the report, the vet said probably two weeks. We have come to the conclusion that even though the mare was ultrasounded and found to be in foal that she must have lost the foal and was rebreed when I put the stallion in with everyone late September. That is really much better than 410 days. The foal is alive and the vet said that the mare looked great and was bagging nicely. So guess one never really knows do they. I will remain active on the site and let everyone know when the foal does arrive. Thank you to everyone who has been very supportive through this whole ordeal.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1836
Posted on Monday, August 04, 2008 - 05:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne~Glad you had a safe and hopefully fun vacation...that is good news that the foal is alive and things are shaping up...exciting..please keep posting I am anxiously awaiting your post of the new arrival :-)

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 680
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 02:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, at least you know now that all is well and a healthy foal will come soon. What an ordeal though. Perhaps you can get a little sleep for a few nights, at least?

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the update Joanna!. Glad she and the foal are well. We will send positive foaling vibes your way in two weeks then!

Bobbi, nice nice filly!.

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 46
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. As was stated, it is good to know that the foal is fine and mom to. Yes I did sleep better last night knowing. Believe me Diamond looks ready to get on with things herself.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 636
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana & Cj: Thanks for the compliments on Taya. She is just amazing. She is a daddy's girl. My stallion is her surrogate mother, its amazing that he lets her bite him and aggravate him and he just takes it. They decided to race each other around the field the other day and OMG...she runs so fast that I'm afraid she's going to break a leg! She can jump and buck just like dad...hahaha! I'll try to post up the newest pictures of all the kiddos here soon, I'm just so proud of all of them. They are just turning out to be wonderful in looks and personality.

Joanne: Glad things are progressing along and everyone is in good health.

Shawnna Marie
Neonate
Username: Marie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 03:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm new to posting on the board but have learned alot by reading all the different posts. I wanted some advice with my situation. My 13 year old maiden mare's "due date" is Aug. 20th. In June she acted like she was getting laminitis in her front feet. The farrier came out and didn't really seem to think so and couldn't find any signs of an abscess. The next day I took her to the vet, knowing that if it is lamanitis I needed to pull her off her feed. He (vet) thought she was a little tender on the sides of her hoof, he suggested I pad and shoe her and give her Bute once a day for 5 days, and give her free hay but no feed. That done she got better, I started building her feed back slowly but then a few days ago she started the same thing all over. The farrier came out and reset the shoes and pad since it has been 6 wks. She seems some better but not 100%. Is this common?

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1839
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 04:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shawnna, Welcome to the Board! How exciting you are in the home stretch! My mare was 14 when she had her first foal and she got "tender" footed during the last couple months of her pregnancy. I drove my vet nuts calling because I was so afraid of founder or lamanitis...I just cut back her grain feed her alfalfa and added a mineral/vitamin pregnant mare supplement more for my own piece of mind that anything else. What breed is she? What did you breed to? What are your hopes?

Marie
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, August 06, 2008 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Jan! Dixie is a Chestnut Missouri Fox Trotter bred to a dark palomino MFT. I was kind of hoping for a Palomino filly but at this point I'll take anything as long as it's healthy! I'm pretty sure I've driven my vet nuts as well. I took her in at 7 months for an overall check up and her shot. He said she looked great gave her a 6.5 to 7 body score and wanted me to slowly increase her feed from 6 lbs to 9 lbs a day. Shortly after that is when she got "ouchy". So now I've got her on 3 lbs a day with coastal hay. I've had other mares that has had foals but I've never had to baby one as much as Dixie. If it's a filly I'm calling her Bella, if it's a colt I'm calling him Rowdy.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 683
Posted on Saturday, August 09, 2008 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marie, can't offer any advice. Just welcome and keep us posted, okay? As you can see, Joanne is waiting for a late foal as well, so you aren't alone! Good luck and again, let us know how she is doing.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 241
Posted on Sunday, August 10, 2008 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

same here Marie, no advice to offer but welcome to the board!

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just thought I'd better check in and let you know that Diamond is still taking her time, however, we must be patient with her now. She is bagged nicely, big as a barrel and looks like she to would just as soon get on with things. The full moon is the 16th so maybe

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1842
Posted on Monday, August 11, 2008 - 02:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne~Thanks for checking in and letting us know about Diamond...You must be getting very anxious. Does she have any milk yet?

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 48
Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As of last night not able to get real milk out of her. She was scheduled to have her feet trimmed last night but we passed her by since the farrier didn't want to make her more uncomfortable than she already is. He only lives a mile from me and we are good friends so he said as soon as she has the foal he will come back and trim her up. Wasn't that nice of him. LOL The full moon is this coming Saturday 16th, so banking on that. I am getting more excited now since I know that everything is good. Taking a poll at home with friends and neighbors maybe someone here would like to take a guess at the color and sex of the foal. Diamond is a palimino, sire is a homozygous black and white tobiano. His mother was a sorrel so he does have a red gene and a black gene. The color calculator gives me even odds on several colors. Take a guess and I will add it to my list. One has to do goofy things to pass the time.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, August 12, 2008 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no telling on the color but i think a colt is what it will be

Joanne Umbrasas
Weanling

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new baby has arrived. Yippee... it is a Filly, here are some up to minute photo's.

[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-007F-2.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-007F-2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-006F-1.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-006F-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-005F-1.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-005F-1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-004F.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-004F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1847
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! Boy was Diamond cooking up somthing pretty darn special. She is absolutely stunning. Lovely pattern on her! You must be so pleased and a filly to boot! So what's the little beauty's name? again Congrats!

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 01:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you so much Jan. Well haven't decided on a name yet. We kinda had this little contest and the neighbor girl won with a guess of Blk/Wh filly so she gets first dibs at giving her a barn name. I will be in charge of her registerd name. I am sooooo happy. Hopefully tonight I will be able to get up to the mare she was pretty standoffish this morning but that is very understandable being a maiden mare and all. Since I haven't touched the filly at this time I still have a hard time believing it's true. Can you believe I actually went to work this morning?? unbelievable, what the heck was I thinking, I haven't gotten a darn thing done all day. LOL

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 678
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne: Congrats! Nice Filly! You might want to wait until she sheds off that baby coat before you decides who wins...*giggle*...we had our little paint filly as a chestnut bay and she is actually (now that her baby hair is coming off) a very deep blood bay...LOL...gotta love them when they change colors. I am so glad things all went well! Mom and baby look healthy and active!

Marilyn Lemke - Asia born 7-11-08
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1724
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a pretty little girl. You have to be giddy with excitment. I know I would be. I love the coat on her. Yippeee and congratulations on your very nice filly.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 245
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 09:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne congratulations!! I am really happy for you, she is sooo beautiful, I love the markings she has on her right side, they look like a river.

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Joanne, Congratulations on your gorgeous filly. She is absolutely beautiful. I LOVE her markings.

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, thank you all very much. Bobbi I believe you have a valid point, tonight when I got home mom had settled down and I got up to her, haltered her and took them both to the barn for the next week or so. Well, upon further investigation now that my heart had stopped racing, this filly appears to be a tri-colored foal. She is bay colored, mixed in areas with black. Who really knows lol. But they are both doing great. Diamond is milking like a holstien cow and the filly is doing her best to take it all in. We spoke with a Traditional Native American friend of mine who I asked what is the word in Lakota for friendly, since this little one is very much so...well he said "Dakota" so her barn name is now officially "Dakota". My daughter had said she would be a bay so she agreed with the name and we are calling that good. Now for her registered name that is a total different deal no one around here can agree on anything. So the process continues. Isn't new life just a wonderful miracle I still can't believe it is finally over. Thanks again to everyone that has been so supportive.

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 53
Posted on Thursday, August 14, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are photo's taken tonight in the barn without the sun shining on her.
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-013F.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-013F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-011F.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-011F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-010F.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-010F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MVC-009F.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-009F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne~YIPEE it's Friday and you get the weekend with your little Dakota~ I love the little snip on her nose too cute. Enjoy!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 780
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanna, congrats!!!!! She is lovely. I thought bay the first time I saw her. Dakota is a cute name.

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well ladies I am truly enjoying the extra day off today. Took mom and Dakota out of the stall cleaned and rebedded. I wish I would have had my camera with me, however, my dashound "Ziggy" was all about that foal this morning and she was very curious about him as well. They had their noses together when mom got in the act as well. What a kodak moment MISSED!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 693
Posted on Saturday, August 16, 2008 - 01:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, she is toooooo cute! Is so much fun to see a brand new baby, since the earlier babies are getting so big now!

Enjoy and congrats on such a cutie and a filly too! Not that we don't enjoy our boys, right?

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 682
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne: She is a doll! And, I believe your daughter officially won...I too think you have a lovely bay! I love bay paints and my daughter, the lucky dog, ended up with our bay paint for the year.

Marie
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She's here Bella was born on Friday around 5:20 p.m. My husband called me at work and she had just had her so I rush home. I thought she would have her over the weekend but didn't expect it that soon. Oh well all is good! A pretty little palomino filly with one stocking and a stripe. I'll post a picture soon as I figure out how!!!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 825
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 06:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Marie!!!! go to www.photobucket.com and upload your photos...then copy the direct link to here! Easy as pie! Dying to see her!
Happy all went well.

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 55
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 08:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Marie, us late comers are center stage now. New babies are so wonderful to watch.

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 08:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

New Pictures: Officially Named, Tri Pepsi Kota
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/Rightside.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_Rightside.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/MomandKoda.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MomandKoda.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
[URL=http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/Frontview.jpg][IMG]http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_Frontview.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

(Message edited by percheronpridefarm on August 19, 2008)

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

congratulations marie we are all hoping to see that pretty girl soon!!!

Joanne, how cute is that last picture????

I will post some new pictures of ace as soon as he forgives me for worming him :-)

Anney Daugherty
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, very adorable filly. Love the new pics.

Marie, Congratulations on your filly. Can't wait to see pics of her. Glad that everything went well for her birth too.

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Posted on Tuesday, August 19, 2008 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok here is my flood of pictures of ace at 1 1\2 months old.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02036.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02037.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02038.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02039.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02040.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02041.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02042.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02045.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02047.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02048.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn157/ladybugsfax/ace%20one%20and%20a%20half% 20months%20old/DSC02049.jpg

Marie
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok I think I figured it out here's the little cutie pie!

http://s532.photobucket.com/albums/ee325/Marienbella/

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 693
Posted on Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - 06:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, Cheyenne & Marie: All very nice foals! You should be proud.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 696
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 02:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ahhhhhhhhh! Too cute. Congrats Marie. Glad you all have your babies at last. They are worth waiting for, aren't they?

Cheyenne, is Ace shedding out still? Nice look foal.

Are there any more due this summer?

Cheyenne Queen
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah i just call him my little raccoon :-)

Marie
Neonate

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't know about anyone else but I'm so glad the birth is over with. What a relief!! I sent out birth announcement to all my friends. Somebody said geeze if you're this crazy over the birth of a horse imagine how bad it will be when you become a grandparent.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 697
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 02:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheyenne, LOL!

Marie, no, this is worse!

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, just put together a slide show of Kota's first 36 hours. As for the grandparent thing these foals are much more stressful.
[URL=http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/?action=view&current= ec47b521.pbw][IMG]http://s344.photobucket.com/albums/p337/percheronpridefarm/th_MVC-004F.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 709
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Joanne, what a darling foal! Bet mama (both of you) is proud.

Joanne Umbrasas
Yearling

Post Number: 58
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 03:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kota is doing very well. She is growing like a weed. Good thing since she is going to be months behind her peers.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US