SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

New Foal Very Quiet

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » New Foal Very Quiet « Previous Next »

Osprey
Nursing Foal
Username: Osprey

Post Number: 16
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Had a lovely colt born last night, birth was fine, took about an hour to suck and thought all was ok.

Today he is still wanting to feed but mother does not have a big udder. Tried to see if he would take extra milk from bottle but he is refusing completely.

Instead of lying down he is standing up and sleeping instead. His tail is also quite tucked in between his legs. We have now put a thermal foalie rug on him to keep as much heat in him.

Was born at 9.30pm (UK) time and its now 23 hours later. Tomorrow am ordering milk pellets for the mare but wondered whether I should be forcing the milk more or not.

He is definately trying to get as much as he can from the mare but once he has sucked from her she looks like a shrivalled up prune!

Thoughts??

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 284
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have you had the foals IGg level checked? I think that is the first thing you should do. If she didn't have much colostrum this foal may be in trouble.

Osprey
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 03:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Cathy, nope we have not had the IGg level checked. Can this be done straight away as I am not sure this is something our vet would do that often?

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 337
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 03:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would get the vet out and get this little guy checked for two things:
1) IGg level; Here in the States it isn't an "unusual" thing to have done. Your concern is whether or not passive transfer occurred/failed and his immunoglobulin levels.
2) Dehydration; Often if there isn't much milk and/or they can't get it or for whatever reason, these little guys can get dehydrated really fast.

I don't know about "Milk pellets" for the mare but it sounds like this little fellow needs some milk replacer and needs to be bottle or bucket fed (sometimes one is easier than the other) in supplementation to whatever he is getting from the mother. If he is refusing a bottle, this isn't unusual. Try a bucket and sometimes it just takes practice with either.

Out of curiosity, has he had a bowel movement?

And, by all means get the vet out as sson as possible, its amazing how quickly these little ones can go downhill.

(Message edited by cateowen on May 28, 2008)

Osprey
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 04:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just come back in from the stables. He was sleeping and had a couple of tries to get up. Once up he went straight to the milk bar and went from one teat to the other for around 5mins.

I did milk the mare and there is milk there, but her udder is not really full (unlike my other mares).

We tried again with the milk/colostrum replacer in the bottle but he was fighting us the whole time and when the teat was in his mouth he was just not having any of it.

He has had bowel movement, but have no seen heaps of it.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 566
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey, if the vet doesn't come and if you can't get some food into this baby, he will likely die very soon! It is urgent that you take some action now. I don't mean this as judgement, but am VERY concerned. These are very bad signs you are mentioning.

DON'T Delay. Get some colostrum supplement if nothing else. You can get it from feed stores in the U.S. Call vet and ask if they can get some Seramune or better yet, colostrum from another mare.

I cannot stress the urgency of gettting him one or the other right now! Every hour's delay will likely bring this little guy closer to death. Foals often die within 48 hours if it is not getting the right nutrients.

Please keep us posted and I wish you the very best for your foal and mare.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 567
Posted on Wednesday, May 28, 2008 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I forgot to mention. Since he is already over a day old, he will probably need a plasma transfusion. Sorry, in my haste to respond, I missed that he is that old.

He will almost certainly need a plasm transfusion to keep him alive.

If you have Not Done So, PLEASE, GET THE VET OUT NOW! The other things I mentioned on my last post will not be enough at this point.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 574
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey, how is the foal? Please let us know. I know it must be very stressful for you. I hope he made it okay.

Osprey
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update on foal - Got IGg checked and all is fine with that respect. Vet seemed happy enough with foal. Mother just not got the biggest udder, so have upted her feed. Cannot get milk pellets for a week unfortunately.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 577
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So relieved the IgG is okay! But confused that it would be good if he was not nursing enough? Can't the vet give the mother a boost to increase milk production? If nothing else, are you able to milk her, since it is a supply and demand situation?

I had a similar problem with my foal, only milk was there, he just wasn't a good nurser. Then after a few days her milk decreased. I was a nervous wreck for awhile, since his IgG was only 400, so I'm sorry if I jumped too soon on that. It's just that since being on this board I've learned of several foals (both on and off this board) that have died after a poor start. I didn't want you to lose your foal.

So is he taking the milk by bottle okay?

Couldn't the vet give the mare a boost to increase milk production? Some of the people on this board have talked about medications that work for that.

You might try putting molasses on her grain. It increases their desire to drink water.

I don't have a lot to offer at this point. Just seems the vet would have more to offer. Is the baby any stronger? Gosh, this must have you so worried. I wish I could be more help. Perhaps someone will be able to respond with more ideas.

I'm sincerely hoping he will be fine. Please do keep us posted and don't let my possible over reaction turn you off from this site. It is a great place to learn.

Osprey
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip - please do not worry, I really appreciated your response. I would always err on the side of caution than think everything would be fine.

Today our colt was outside in his paddock for the first time and was running about as if nothing was wrong.

He wont take the bottle, just refuses to suck once its in his mouth and gets really angry and fidgety!

We have milked her and there is milk coming out and baby is sucking at it for around 3 mins at a time.

We are in the very North of Scotland so we dont have a huge selection of repro vets unfortunately. It will take one week to get in milk pellets for the foal and to increase the mares production, so we have almost trebled her feed just now to hopefully speed up her milk production.

The IGg was over 800, so the colostrom he got from his mother must have been of good quality even though she has not a huge udder.

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 160
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey

If her bag is still worrying you, you can also ask you vet about Domperidone. It can be used to bring on a small bag. Also keep an eye on the foals gums and eyes for signs of jaundice. Some will be a little lethargice in the begining and there bloodwoork will be fine for 1 - 2 days. If they start turning yellow call your vet!!

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 927
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey. My mare was a maiden and didn't have much of a bag either, but her IGg was good. My vet recommened that I feed her alfalfa/grass hay and soybean meal( 1c. a day).

judy cervantes/chenoa born 3/30/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Judy1

Post Number: 414
Posted on Thursday, May 29, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

charlene,are you creep feeding jetta??if so what are you putting in it??my vet said he doesnt need anything that weas when he was born but now i wonder if i should be giving him something,dice will not let him eat from her feeder or fed bowl.i give him a little bran in the am when i feed dice her supplements.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 266
Posted on Friday, May 30, 2008 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey,
If your foals Igg level came back within normal range and he is active and alert I would not worry, same thing happened to me except Summer is VERY ACTIVE her igg level came back 800 I'm more worried about her momma Spring who still has Ventral Edema? My filly Summer, was supposely not growing at the normal range she was small when born. My mare udders were not the biggest the nipples seemed fine? We shall see what is going on if anything at all is happening?? My Vet is comming out Wednesday to do a blood panel and a total physical just to appease myself. (vet doesnt seem to think my filly has any problems we shall see)

My summer who is 3 1/2 week old is getting about 2 handfulls of mare and foal pellets with about 1/2 cup a day of rice bran made into a mash. waitng on Vet so give ok for the foal lac pellets.

Just one thing I would like to offer when trying to offer more feed (SUPPS) to your mare I wouldn't do it cold turkey I would gradually increase over a few days, going from 0-60 right off the start could possibly give you more problems than you need or what! JFI

Take care,
L

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 585
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 02:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judy, you can try a creep feeder. I may not have spelled it right, but it allows baby to eat and keeps Mom out!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 416
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks cj,i have been just standing with him untell he says he has had enough,but a creep feeder might be a good idea.should i put some hay in it ??

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 928
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 08:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Judy. Jetta gets a little over a cup of LMF Development am and pm, with a few thin slices of carrot. I bought a creep feeder, but even though I adjusted the bars so they were wide enough, she still didn't seem to like it so I've been feeding her her grain out of a rubber feed pan, but she is now tall enough to reach into her mom's feeder, and she eats some of hers too. My mare lets her share the hay so far, but she doesn't eat a whole lot. I give Baby extra hay just for this reason. Here is a pic of Jetta eating out of her mom's feeder http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0511081823.jpg , and one of her eating out of her rubber feed tub http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0511081901.jpg . She is like half of Baby's height already. I wonder out tall she is going to get. I heard there is a way to calculate their height by measuring from the ground to the point of their hocks. Do you know anything about it? Here is a pic of her standing next to her mom, what do you think? http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0518081902a.jpg, taken on 5/18.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 418
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi charlene,i have seen the LMF in the feed store,when did you start feeding that??i dont know how to measure for height but i have herd there is a way.jetta looks so beautiful ,i just love her color. my guess would be that she will be around her moms size,how tall is daddy??have you seen jetta drink any water yet??

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 929
Posted on Saturday, May 31, 2008 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Judy. Thanks for the nice compliment on Jetta. If I remember right, I started feeding it to Jetta when she was about a month old. I started with a 1/4c. am & pm, and gradually worked it up. Her sire ( A Tru Rolex ) is 15.3hds tall, and my mare is only 15hds. I see Jetta drink water quite often, and I noticed she is not nursing a much as she used to. How about Chenoa? Will Dice let him share her hay, and does he try to eat her grain?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 586
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 01:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey, how is the colt? I sure hope all is well. Please let us know how he is. I'm really interested to see how he manages and how mom's milk production is. Has it gotten better?

My colt eats alfalfa off the ground with his mom. He knows how to break it apart with his little hoof. Sooooo cute to watch.

Jetta is such a nice looking foal. I'd love to see her as a two year old.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 587
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 01:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey, I just reread your post and something just occured to me. I wonder if your colt is a "dummy foal" like mine? You may already know about it, but it's believed that they have some oxygen deprivation during or just after birth. Some of the symptoms are:

Fall asleep standing up and may even fall over
Have to relearn how to lay down each time
Slower to learn where the milk comes from
have trouble getting the hang of nursing
tongue may fall out of mouth to one side
sometimes have seizures
there are more colts than fillies that are dummy foals-go figure

There are probably others, but I'm going on memory.

The part about falling asleep standing is the part that caught my attention. I'm not sure how that fits into the problem you are having with the mare's milk, if it does at all.

My colt is doing well now and the outcome is usually good, so probably nothing to worry about long term if he is a dummy foal (such a mean name). I'd give you a link if I knew how to do it, but you can google it and is easy to find.

Anyway, I sure hope he is okay. I've been thinking about him a lot.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 588
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 01:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Osprey, I just reread your post and something just occured to me. I wonder if your colt is a "dummy foal" like mine? They have some oxygen deprivation during or just after birth. Some of the symptoms are:

Fall asleep standing up and may even fall over
Have to relearn how to lay down each time
Slower to learn where the milk comes from
have trouble getting the hang of nursing
tongue may fall out of mouth to one side
sometimes have seizures
there are more colts than fillies that are dummy foals-go figure

There are probably others, but I'm going on memory.

The part about falling asleep standing is the part that caught my attention. Don't know if that is related to your problem though, since you said he nurses fine. Just thought I'd pass it on, for what it is worth.

My colt is doing well now and the outcome is usually good, so probably nothing to worry about long term if he is a dummy foal (such a mean name). I'd give you a link if I knew how to do cut and paste, LOL, but you can google it and is easy to find.

Anyway, I sure hope he is okay. I've been thinking about him a lot.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 420
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi charlene,no dice will not let chenoa eat with her she pinns her ears and swings her head at him,so he has figured out that if he wants to nurse while shes eating he has to back up along side her untell his head is in the right place,poor baby but he out smarted his mom,hahaha.if he walks towards her face first he will get in trouble it was so funny the first time i saw him back along side her.i havent seen him drink any water yet.Jettas parents are good size so iam sure she will be to.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 930
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 12:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baby and Jetta are just the opposite of your two, which I'm thinking know is not such a good thing. It really suprised me, because Baby is a major piggy when it comes to her food. Baby will even let Jetta eat her grain, which has me a little worried. Baby gets the same kind of grain as Jetta, but I also put Soybean meal in there, per vet instructions, to help with her milk production. Soybean meal is very high in protien, and therefore am worried Jetta will be getting too much protien in her diet than she needs and thus grow too fast. I am planning on getting a round pen soon for training Jetta, but I think I might have to use it to seperate them at feeding time. What a pain. Mabey there is something else I could use to seperate them at feeding time, got any suggestions?

CJ, thanks for the nice compliment on Jetta. I think she is gonna look just like her mama. I can't wait to see what her true color is going to be after she sheds out. I know she is still going to be a dun, but I think it will difinately be a darker shade of dun than my mare.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 421
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

charlene i have been trying to think of some way to seperate dice and chenoa to,i thought maybe a 2 x4 attached to the wall in the corner high enough he can go under but she cant and fare enough out her neck cant reach the food. it would be just cutting off the corner of the stall,What do you think of that?? i worry about giveing any grain to chenoa for the same reason,i had a fillie once that started to grow to fast and had to change her food to slow her down,i dont remember how or what i did .how is jetta on the lead line now??can you lead her around by herself yet??I am still not able to do that , i dont have any help ,i need to be more consistant with that but its hard when you are by your self. I cant wait to see what color he will turn out to be either he seems to be getting darker and he has black coming out in his mane.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 933
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 05:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Judy I think your idea with the 2x4 is perfect for your situation. My trainer and vet suggested that I do the same thing if Baby wouldn't share, but that unforuniately that isn't my case. Have you asked your vet about giving Chenoa some grain, and what kind? How do you know if they are growing too fast? I can lead her around by my self, but sometimes she still wants to rear up. I figured out the she only rears and gets upset when I turn her to the right (out of my space). When she did this I was trying to make a big circle. So, then I tried to make a smaller circle, and asked for little baby steps. She did better and didn't rear. She is doing really good about stopping when I do, and I don't even hardly have to pull back with the lead rope. She also backs up pretty good when I pull back with the lead rope towards her neck and downward. I've discovered that if something I'm doing isn't working, then I try something else till I find something that does. This is going to be alot of work, and now I'm thinking I must be crazy to tackle a baby again

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 423
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 08:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

charlene,so you do that stuff with jetta and you dont need baby to be around??when did you start walking her with out momma??i really want to get him leading so we can go out for walks,dice is wanting to get out of the yard again,and when he gets bigger pony him on trail rides to the beach and out onto the bluffs.what do you do when she rears up??are you doing this in the paddock or ??Sorry for all the questions but i dont want to scare him or hurt his neck.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 936
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I practice leading Jetta when Baby is eating her dinner, and after Jetta has eaten hers. I just do it close by the shelter where I feed them. When she rears it is important to keep steady pressure on the lead rope and go with them if they go back. If you give them too much slack, then they are getting rewarded for rearing. If you pull to hard they will really freak out and flip over. The first couple of times practicing leading without the butt rope, I had my trainer help me. Both times when he was leading her she reared and fell over, but she was ok. Mabey you can practice to when Dice is eating her dinner, since she doesn't like to share. Do you have a trainer, or someone that you know that has trained foals to lead to help you?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 589
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 01:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is great you two can get your foals into halters without help! Man, it takes two of us to wrestle with Poco. His mama is always calling him to her. We get him when they are both in the stall and we do not remove either of them from it. He is always in mama's sight too.

He has pulled and tugged and flipped, unfortunately, so that has not made for a good situation. But once he settles down, he lets us pet him and all that and doesn't seem real scared. He will look at me with respect, but I don't see fear. He seems very curious.

If I sit in a chair and ignore him, he'll come and nibble my clothes, so I really don't think is terrified of me, yet I can't get within a couple of feet of him. Any ideas? Should I keep on with the halter or start all over?

By the way, if a foal pulls back, one tactic is to walk with him; that way he stops pulling and learns when he stops the rope goes slack too. Just a tip that you probably already know.

About the food; I'm having trouble with this too. My colt can eat a little of mama's grain if he is really fast. He knibbles the alfalfa. I'm going to start a new thread about his mother getting too fat. I don't know how to cut down on her without depriving him.

I like the seperate 2X4 eating area idea too. I've been trying to get some extra feed to Poco, but he ignores it (hasn't even noticed) before mare sees it and eats it.

Who knew these foals are so much work? LOL! Well, I didn't anyway! HaHa!

Kay B. Jones,Nova born 2/24
Breeding Stock
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 252
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I started feeding Nova in a separate bucket about one month old. Then I moved the bucket further away from Momma a little at a time. Then I closed up momma's stall while Nova and she were eating separately. Now with Nova at 3 1/2 months momma is in her stall, Nova out for sometimes an hour or so. Nova eats all his food about 1 1/2 pounds of Strategy at a time 2x daily. They also graze 24/7 on grass pastures. Nova and momma have nice fat on there bodies. Hope I'm doing this right. Seems like its working fine. Nova still is hyper about leading on the off side but will do it. He ties and halters fantastic for long periods of time( 30-60 minutes). Does well on back legs picking up but likes to bite when I pick up front legs. I'm am starting to really get on him when he bites. I mean really get on him!! We are also working on misting water on him to get ready for bathing. He's starting to really like the water. he plays and tries to lick the hose.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 939
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 04:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ how old is Poco? Foals don't really need anything other than mom's milk until they are a month old.

Hi Kay! When did you start teaching Nova to tie, and how did you go about it? I misted Jetta on one nice warm day with a water bottle. She didn't mind it so much on her body, but didn't like her legs getting sprayed at all. When he tried to bite you, how are you getting after him? The few times when Jetta tried to nibble on me I take my outside arm and aim my elbow at whatever part of her is trying to touch me. This worked for me. You are lucky he seems to like the water. He'll probally love his first bath. Have you posted any recent pics lately? Here is one of Jetta (2 1/2 months) http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0530081837.jpg

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 256
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jetta is getting sooo big. Guess Nova is too. But harder to see day by day. I will try to get pictures today. I started looping the lead rope around a post at about... maybe 6 weeks to 2 months... then I actually tied him next to momma about 10 weeks for a short while. Then made the distance longer and the time longer. When I jumped off and got the courage to do it, it went real easy. The first time he pitched a little fit and did push himself into a horse wire fence we have around our barn area. He was tied to a post holding that up. I think it kind of scared him a little and he never acted up after that. I was right there checking on him. He did not get hurt, just wasn't expecting that. Topi, Nova's mom's past owner suggested it and she says she leads and ties all her babies early and for long periods to eat. And away from momma. She thinks tying is very important. So I tried it.
As far as the biting. John Lyons says he treats month old colts, gelding,stallions, mares just a like. You make them think they are going to "Die". Biting is a sign of aggression to him. But you must do it in the first three seconds, then its over. Its still not working perfectly for me but I'm getting harsher any time he bites. I have elbowed, spanked with my hand(one slap) yelled quit,and get all puffy and kind of chase him. The best way has been to blow from my mouth like my older gelding does. Have you ever heard a buck blow in the woods when its spooked or aggressive.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 257
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's Nova at 3 1/2 months.
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/kaybjones/DSC01199.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/kaybjones/DSC01203.jpg
http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc38/kaybjones/DSC01194.jpg

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 600
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene and Kay, they are getting so big! My goodness, does the time fly! Poco is 1 month old (at 1 am tonight). He actually stood still for me to pet him while nursing. I gave 3 strokes and then quit while he was still relaxed, so that is encouragement.

Interesting to see the different ways people have of dealing with their foals. I know they can get to be a handful if we allow bad behavior.

Right now it is my mare who is being a butt. She won't let me clean her hind feet. Got one done today, but no way with the other. I think she is gettting barn sour.

Osprey, how is your foal? Please let us know. These experiences educate us. I'm hoping all is well.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 274
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ-When are you going to post poco's pictures? I'm trying to see if we can kinda compare growth?

Take care,
L

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 602
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, I see Laurie. I always have trouble posting pics, so that is why I delay. I'll try very hard to get one up this evening. I've been meaning to do it anyway, so this will get me more motivated.

I'm hoping all is well with your's and that the pic will lay your fears to rest. I'll post it on new foal pictures.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 941
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 01:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nova looks great!! He looks to be about the same size as Jetta. How tall is Topi? Baby is 15hds and Jetta is half way there already. I think tying is important too, but I'm afraid she will pull back and freak out. Jetta is not real good at leading yet. She still wants to rear and pull back some. Should I wait till her leading gets better before I start trying to tie her? Haven't heard from Cindy in awhile, have you?

CJ is your mare normally good about picking up her feet? If so, then I bet she just has an abcess.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 519
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, I believe it important to tie as soon as possible...even if her leading isn't the best. She might pull back and freak out, but if she's tied properly, she's not going anywhere. And she'll probably do that a few times until she learns to stand for it.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 259
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 09:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, the tying really does help with the leading. It didn't hurt Nova. He only fought it once or twice and I was right there to make sure he either calmed down or i'd untie. Try the wrapping the lead around the post with you holding the other end. That way you CAN give her a little lee way if needed. Yet she can't get away.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 949
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Diana and Kay for the advice. I will first have to rig up another tie ring. I only have one set up at the moment. Have either of you tried using "The clip". I bought one for Baby awhile back. When I first got her as a yearling, I had her tied with a saftey knot to a hitching post. Something spooked her, and she pulled back. Her halter broke, and she went flying back on her ass. After that, she thought that when she was tied all she had to do was pull back, and she would be free. Needless to say, this when on for a few more times until she discovered that she couldn't get away. I was still worried that she would hurt herself if she ever tried it again, so I bought "TheClip". Well, needless to say she hasn't pulled back ever since so I haven't really had the opportunity to see if it really works. I just wondered if either of you have tried it. Kay, how tall is Nova now, and how tall is Topi?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 262
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 04:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, I'll measure them this pm. Yes, I bought a "clip" too. but haven't installed a tie ring yet. I had an older mare BAD about pulling back. She went to the breeder(didn't take) but she came back tying pretty well. I had told the breeder not to ty her but ..... She did have pulled muscles and groin when she came back. I was a little peeved but she now ties. Baby Nova has been tying well without it.
Now for my good news and my pat on the back. Vet came and said"What a good looking colt. He is sooooo muscular." Then Nova came right to him, no halter, etc. Let vet check his umbilical area and testicles. He said you have done such a good job with his training. NO HERNIA, and both testicles are dropped. I told him Nova is really sweet but has bitten me several times. That's cuz he's a colt. He said if that keeps up he should lose those little dangly things soon. I said Any time ASAP. He said about 9 months at the minimum. that sure sound better than 14 he said originally.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 951
Posted on Wednesday, June 04, 2008 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is great news Kay. Are you sure no Hernia? I thought you said his looked bigger than Jettas. What did he say about it? That is too bad you have to wait until he is 9 months to geld him. My vet said if I had a colt and his testicles had dropped, than the best time to do it would be right before they get weaned. That way you don't have to do the cold hosing thing. Mom takes care of it. You should be proud of yourself about his training. I only wish Jetta was leading better. I need to practice more I guess.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 265
Posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, no hernia. He felt it and looked several times. Always acted like none at all. Not even like he was unsure or the least bit worried. I don't know why he's waiting so long about the testicles, he even said best is 18 months but he knows they are harder to handle. Nova is still not perfect about leading but we are making improvement every time lately. Remember, he is a month older, too, than Jetta. And like i've said before. He will do well, then regress, then do better.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 277
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone,
My vet came out on Wednesday and we finally have a prognoses as to what actually happened to Spring as many of you know she is my 22 year old Arabian mare who I've had for over 20 years She was bred to our Russian Stallion took on the first cover had an excellent pregnancy other than being allergic to the vaccines all was text book, including the delivery. TG!

I had posted an urgent message to JOS asking for some thoughts on all her ventral edema, turns out she did RUPTURE PRE PUBIC LIGAMENT and she is being tested for HYPER THYODISM since she is an older mare I had a feeling that SUMMER wasnt getting enough milk! Vet checked her milk, she does have some, not a huge amount though!
If she does have a Thyroid problem we will give her medication from here on out!

2 weeks ago I started supplemented her feeding Vet informed me that she should be renamed to TANK she is muscling up and in excellent health!
We might have to take baby off momma since everytime Summer looks for milk she is bumping mom who is still sore!

My vet is more concerned for Spring than Summer although we have thankful that she was able to have her baby and be ok!

I"m happy to say that Both of my girls are going to be FINE!!!!! YIPEE!

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1292
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great news Laurie! We need more pictures of the foal you know! :-)

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 278
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy
Thanks So much! I've been really worried about them for a while, all my worries are gone!

Tracy, I'm going to get some new updated pictures done this weekend!

Take care,
L

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Friday, June 06, 2008 - 09:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well while I'm waiting for your pictures I'll share some of mine! Here's my 5 day old colt

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/022-1.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/023-4.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/024-2.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/019-2.jpg

Here's a couple of my stallion pouting in his stall since he's on stall rest.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/003-4.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/029.jpg

I can't wait to see yours!

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 268
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene, if I did it right- Nova is @ 12 hands at the withers and abaout 440 lbs. Topi is @14 1/2 hands and 1100 lbs. Nova's back end is a lot taller than his front, I measured at his withers.

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock
Username: Mariana_cremonte

Post Number: 181
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 08:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy great pictures! love the one he is jumping over mom and the last one, trying to get your camera. He is so handsome!. Do you have a name or are you going to let the new owner choose one?
Lauri I am happy your two "seasons" are doing well. You must be so relieved...
Kay how old is Topi, my Calfu is almost eight months and he is about 15 hands, and also A LOT higher at the back end, I hope he catches up!. since yesterday officialy weaned -posted on the YEARLINGS thread-.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 606
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy, great looking foal! Nice, nice, nice.

Laurie, so happy all is well. I've been thinkin 'bout you and feeling bad I didn't get pics up. My computers are pulled apart right now and I have a great deal of trouble posting them on my Mac laptop, since I'm still learning how to use it. But so glad all is well!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Saturday, June 07, 2008 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not come up with a name yet if you guys could help I appreciate it! Dad is Montana Bold Rush, mom is Ramars Tali Bey. I need "bold" somewhere in the name.

I think I might have him already sold. A good friend of mine is very interested and if she buys him she's going to keep him at my place so I would still see him grow up and everything :-)

Here's a couple more pics :-)
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/039-1.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/038-1.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/031-1.jpg

Mariana, do you have any current pics of Calfu?

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 955
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 02:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kay. I measured Jetta the night before last and she is 11hds and 198lbs according to the weight tape. My husband, and a friend of mine both think she's gotta weigh more than that. What do you think? Here are a few recent pics http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0605081921.jpg http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0605081922.jpg http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0605081922a.jpg http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0605081922b.jpg http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/mollytomale-photos/0527081943a.jpg

Hi Tracy. Congratulations on your georgous colt! I love his markings. Especially the white around his tail, and the way the white goes right behind his elbow. Very cool!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 06:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Charlene! I'm already in love with the guy. Jetta is getting big, she's really filling out! What a gorgeous girl :-)

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 608
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy, how about "Bold Montana Lightening." Or Tali Bold Lightening." His mark on his side makes me think of lightening. Anyway, just a couple of ideas. He's beautiful.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think I've decided to register him as Beyond Bold Bey or second choice is Bold Talisman Bey. His regular barn name is going to be Flash :-) He's full of himself and is a flashy guy so that's how it came about.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/011-9.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee104/tracymsmith/014-1.jpg

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 01:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene I have no idea s to her weight. She is beautifull. Is that a black spot on her roght knee?.

Tracy, Flash is perfect name for him!. Love those two last pictures.

I will post new pictures of Calfu soon, but I will have to groom him first, it has been raining non stop and he looks very bad.. although he is happy, even do I took mama away two days ago, such an ungratefull horsie!...

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 960
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 02:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Tracy & Mariana for the nice compliment on Jetta. Tracy do you think she looks about 200lbs? I like "Beyond Bold Bey"!!! , and he is definiately flashy.

Mariana, yes that is a black spot on her right knee. The brown on that leg is turning black.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 279
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charlene,
Your boy is huge and healthy! Good Job!

Tracy, Your boy is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you going to show? What's the lines??

Ok Marilyn, Tracy,CJ,Jan and anyone else
PResenting Ms Summer
http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/equinewmn/?action=view&current=Picture_ 080.flv

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1475
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All your foals are just beautiful. You can tell all of them are in extremely good health. I think you all have done very well on this years crop. :-)

Laurie, your Summer is flying, boy can she run! I love her Arab tail set. She is adorable!!!

Terry Waechter maravilla and her posse
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 293
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 06:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi all

we had a photo shoot at the farm a week ago and I wanted to share a few pix with you.

the first one is Doctora's colt at 11 weeks of age, He is sold and his forever name is Devoto WAE

The other three are a yearling, Jezebel, a 2 yr old, Preciosa, and Galea who is 3 now. If you look close at the photo of Preciosa running you can see Viuda exactly behind her, stride for stride.

Enjoy...Terry

[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/DSC_0032.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/DSC_0161.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/DSC_0261.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x58/terryberry_bucket/DSC_0335.jpg[/IMG]

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1476
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2008 - 06:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cool Terry! I love you horses so much. Maybe someday... one can dream, can't they. :-)

I love the picture of the two horse matching stride for stride.

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1300
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 01:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie, as much as I've already fallen in love with the guy I really need to sell him, I'm going to be breeding my stallion for the first time to Tali here soon and I can't keep them all! A good friend of mine is interested in buying him and would keep him at my place so that would be perfect, I could see him grow up without footing the bill!

His full sister is going to Regionals for 1/2 Arab halter in July and so far has been fairly successful in the show ring. My friend would want to show him also.

Tali's bloodlines are http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ramars+tali+bey

Sire's is http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ks+montana+bold+rush

My stallion is http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/kherageous+fire

I have high hopes for that future foal! Summer is so cute by the way, I love how Arab foals zip around the field with their tails straight up in the air! So cute :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1703
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 07:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy I was gone on vacation and I see that you had a very flashy, beautiful head, nicely built stud colt! Congratulations! Hope that sale goes through for you...How is Your stallion mending?

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 281
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 07:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JAN,
Where have you been? Vacation what is that? lol
How's everything going for you?? My girls are doing great each day Summer is getting stronger and faster....Have you had a chance to see her new updated pictures?

Take care,

L

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1478
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan I missed you! Where did you go on vacation? I hope you had a nice time. I agree with Laurie, not much vacation time here either with a pregnant mare and all.

Dora is doing fine, but she's getting edema at her udders. (At least I hope it's edema) She looks like she's bagging up, but the vet over the phone, says it's probably edema and doesn't think it's necessary to come and look.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1707
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Laurie and Marilyn~my family (all 11!) kids, wifes and grandaughter went to Cancun Mexico. Loved seeing all the Myan Ruins and the warm ocean and white sand :-) Laurie I saw the movie of you precious Summer..wow that girl can move...she looks alot like your beloved Spring :-) How is Spring doing? Hopefully she is bouncing back...

Marilyn, This is about the time my mare started getting edema in her ventral portion too. Remember I had a July filly just like you are going to have a July filly :-) Can you get a picture of it? I know that she gets lots of turn out time but if she is like my mare she just stands and eats so I took to handing walking my mare daily for about 1/2 hour with some cold hosing and that seemed to help some. I can't believe that you are in the home stretch so to speak after all this anticipation. How are the other two mares? When are their pregnant ulta sound checks?

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 282
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan
I would love to see pictures! I've always wanted to go and see all the sights one day!....although it's hard to get me off my MOUNTAIN! hahah

Marilyn,
I'm so happy Dora is about to bless your life. You have wanted this baby for a while now whatever she has will be well loved! Post some pictures.....

Presenting Ms Summer DOB-050708 picture taken 060708

http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm290/equinewmn/?action=view&current=summer06 0708.jpg

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 467
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tracy: What a wonderful colt! He is such a loud colored baby! Congratulations!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1308
Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you! I've already got him sold too! My good friend is buying him and going to keep him here at my place so I still get to be part of his life but not pay the bills! Couldn't ask for more :-)

mariana cremonte
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 184
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan welcome back. I was in Yucatan in March for work, but managed to go to the beach anyway, isīt it beautiful there?.

Laurie and Tracy: Summer and Flash look so gorgeaus and cute.. congratulations!. Tracy you could update the name in your profile!
Marilyn you have a picture of her edema? -doraīs off coarse!- Arasumi had it as well, before she bagged.

Tracy Smith
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1312
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ask and you shall receive Mariana :-) I just took Tali completely off my name since we are rebreeding her right now and will hopefully have a new due date soon :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1725
Posted on Friday, June 13, 2008 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mariana, Yes, very beautiful! At least you could mix some beach time with work time :-)

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 288
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 02:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana,
Thanks Summer is growing so fast! I wish Spring was feeling better faster, although she is on the road to recovery!

I am going to post some new pictures this weekend!

Mariana, How's the weather? and the beach? Do you live close by?

Take care,
L

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1498
Posted on Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mariana, I posted pictures of Dora on a thread called "check out these udders" if you wouldn't mind, would you look at the pictures, I'd love your opinion, and anyone elses, for that matter.

Hi Jan and Laurie, I'm happy to hear everything is going well with you and your horses.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US