SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Need Advice

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Need Advice « Previous Next »

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 434
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 08:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare delivered at 1:00 AM. It is now 5:00 AM. Baby has yet to nurse. Tries to find it and can't. Mama still has placenta. I got there when baby was still wet. Membranes broke off. Baby seems healthy.

The problem is, I tried to help the foal get the teat without any luck at 2hrs. of age. Tried again about 30 minutes later. Foal is a little afraid of me and backed up and all that, so then mare gets wigged out. I knew I was making matters wors. Tried to milk mare at that time, and she stood for a little of it, but not enough. Tried to bottle feed baby with what I got (about an ounce or two. No way. Now mama and baby don't want anything to do with me!

I plan to call vet at about 6:00 AM. Should I wait that long? I really don't have any experienced help here and do not want to make a bad situation worse. The person who could help, is afraid of my horse. I keep hoping the foal with figure it out, but no luck so far and it is really tired right now and sleeping. .

Help Please!

Linda Bauer --Rita foaled 4/25
Yearling
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ: Just read your post, Have you had the vet out yet? If she hasnt passed placenta yet call the vet. Has baby sucked yet?
Keep us updated.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1504
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ:...I just read this post...CALL THE VET...

I am sure you have already done it and I hope that have a good report for us. I have you and your mare and foal in my prayers......please post I will be so worried till I read that all is okay....

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 251
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ
I know you and I bet you went ahead and called the vet. They can check the foals levels, etc. and proceed with a protocol for you.
Congrats on being a new "mom". Pictures?
I am so happy for you.

Phyllis Schroder
Yearling
Username: Shadowbend

Post Number: 77
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ
As soon as the vet gets there I'm sure everything will be taken care of and just fine.
I had a foal 2 yrs ago that really worried me and the situation sounded just like your foals. I was stressed out between waiting, not having luck nursing and trying to help, I was a worried mess. Finally after almost 5hrs he just got it on his own and did great and when my vet checked him 1st thing the next morning (he was born on a sunday)he said he had the highest levels of any foal he had tested so far that year. What relief.
Chances are that by the time the vet gets there he'll probably have figured things out and if not the vet. will certainly help get them on the right path.
Definitely let us know how they are doing and Congrats!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 435
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ALL IS WELL! I called the vet about 5:30 AM. Took awhile to get a response. So I was getting ready to call someone I know of that is really great with horses, when my landlady gave me her neighbors number. She had exp. with two foals and came over (missing work!) Horse people are fabulous!

Anyway, I'm so worried, of course. Well, she went in there and held that foal until he calmed down. Mama acted perfectly fine! Big Relief!

But this little guy is not the sharpest tack in the box. We worked with him for almost two hours, off and on. Each time we had to show him where the food was! Now he is finally finding it on his own.

The vet came and gave mama oxytocin and she passed the placenta-all in one piece. I had tied wet towels to it, but didn't work. Probably too late. Anyway-all is well

I will give the baby Seramune later on, just to be sure he gets enough of what he needs. He only sucks for a couple minutes, if that, at a time. Still licks more than sucks, but getting better.

Of course I'll keep a close eye on him and supplement if necessary. The vet is coming out tomorrow morning to do the IgG.

I'll try to get pics up after I eat my sandwich and drink my tea! You know how that is! LOL

Linda Bauer --Rita foaled 4/25
Yearling
Username: Llazyt

Post Number: 77
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ: Great to hear, was a little worried about you. Glad things worked out well
Will be looking for the pictures
Oh yea Congrats

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 882
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ, I'm glad to hear your mare passed the placenta and your colt is figuring out the nursing thing. Can't wait to see the pics!

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 255
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 02:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thats great CJ. I had to laugh when you said "he may not be the sharpest tack in the box". I had a foal a few years back that I thought the same thing about. He like took forever to figure something out.
We named him:
Forrest (like in Forrest Gump).

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1513
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ~So glad you posted...and things are working themselves out...My first colt was that way too. Took forever to figure out how to bend his neck to find the milk bar. But he picked right up and was fine with in 24 hours but it is frightening until then...
Can hardly wait to see pics of your new little guy :-)

Heather Cooke
Breeding Stock
Username: Hcvideo

Post Number: 184
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is a lot easier to just milk the mare and give the baby a bottle, I use a human baby bottle. It is amazing after they get that sugar jolt from the that first bottle they really smarten up. Most of my foal get their first milk from a bottle before they stand then they take a nap and about 30 minutes later they hop up and have no problem nursing. Milking the mare kind of gets the teats broken in making it easier for the foal to latch on to and gives you an idea how much milk the mare is letting down. Plus it is fun to give them a bottle but once they nurse from the mare they won't want the bottle.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 388
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: You too will now own a Gimooseraffe! Hahahahaha!

Michelle Richardson
Yearling
Username: Carefreemom

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Cj, I know everything will work out. Hope you stay around and keep posting you always seem to ask the questions that I am thinking! Have fun with your new baby!!

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 127
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 06:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj

Glad everyone is doing ok. If you foaled inside try to get the foal outdoors for a 30 minute period. In a small area of course.

I don't know why but seeing the horizon clears out some of the cobwebs and adds 20 IQ points to a slow foal most of the time.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 397
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 06:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jon: Geee...thanks...my foal was BORN outside and stayed outside...no extra IQ points for me. He's still slow...hehehe...but adorable! He can run though now. Quite impressively as he ran head first smack into his surrogate mother! Then looked around like the goober he is and thought (you could actually see the little thought bubble appear above his head)..."wow...didn't see that big tank of a horse right there in front of me...hope no one saw me make a complete fool of myself..."

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 129
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 07:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It doesn't work with Gimooseraffe's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 406
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 07:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jon: ooohhhhhh....I understand now....gimooseraffe's have verdy, verdy, wee bwains!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 439
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 12:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks again everyone. I hope this will make since as I've had 1 hour of sleep in oh....35 hours or so.

I have a bit of worry still about the little gimooseraffe. He is still having a devil of a time. He is fine when we point his nose to it. Well, not fine, but he licks and eventually figures it out a little, but only a few sucks and he pulls back and still looks in the wrong places sometimes. My mare is a smart girl. Where did this little tyke come from?

Anyway, I got help this evening to get a half bottle of Seramune in. The woman didn't think it was necessary, but I said I would not be able to sleep tonight if he didn't get it. So I have hopes that all will be well.

The vet is coming in the morning to check IgG. Keep fingers crossed for the little guy, okay?

He also has a very hard time laying down. He is exhausted. Fell asleep while my "helper" held him and I fed him the seramune. It has been a very long day for mom and baby, but they are settled in now.

BUT-Mom has not pooped all day, except possibly a little tonight. I noticed a pile of very small stool and seemed too much to be baby's. I gave her a bunch of apples. Hope she eats them. Noticed her water was warm. Topped it off for her. I also put molasses on her grain. I read that makes them drink more. She does have enough milk. I can express it pretty easily, as long as she stands still! Can't tie her.

I can't thank my neighbor enough. Things would not have gone as well if she had not come over and gave so unselfishly of her time. I told her I am in her debt and call me if she ever needs anything.

Awwwwwwwhhh-just looked at monitor. Baby is lying down and looks out for the count!

Now I have to name the little darling. Forest might be good. Gump might be better-or "Tack," for not the sharpest tack in the box. Bobbie, I'll probably be asking you about the perils ahead for this little baby! LOL Loved you comment about your gimooseraffe running into the horse. He's how old now? And I'm going to have to learn to spell this now!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 440
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. Having a little issue with the pictures. Will try again tomorrow.

McKay
Nursing Foal
Username: Mckay

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,

I am not sure if anyone has mentioned this since I have been out in the field with the newbie, but look up "dummy foal" on the internet. That's what my little guy is. They use that term for a number of things, but the main symptoms are a foal that just doesn't get it, doesn't suckle very well, and doesn't seem to care. They tend to sleep alot and just stare off sometimes. They take extra work, but if you can get them through it, they grow to be normal. It is suspected that it has something to do with lack of oxygen either before or during birth. When I read about it, it helped me understand my little colt's behavior. He has been steadily improving over the last couple days.

Please keep us posted!!

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 409
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 06:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

McKay: Hahahaha...thanks for your valiant efforts on dummy foals but we're WAY ahead of you on this one! Hahaha! I OWN a dummy foal and it has been the topic of the month club on here (that's why we call him a gimooseraffe...looks and acts like a moose, runs like a giraffe and coordination/style are not there strong suits). That's why Cj is buddying up with me. She knows I LIVE this! Hahaha!

Cj: Honey...it will be ok...just keep working with him. Once you find out the IgG levels are ok...you can sleep. They do get the hang of it. My goodness...Moose took a week to figure out he could get it from BOTH sides of his mother! And he's adorable and doing just fine. These little slow learners eventually get there as long as they have the antibody levels.

Moose is now an almost spanking 5 week old. Good lands...he just learned to gallop last week! Little JJ puts him to shame but Moose tops him out big time in personality.

(Bobbi gives Cj a big "its gonna be ok" gimooseraffe hug!)

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 132
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj

Talk to your vet about giving DMSO IV. We use it on our dummy foals and it works. Tim will have to give you the more technical break down of why.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 413
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 06:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jon: Now...you never told me about DMSO IV...are you telling me that I could have given my baby some Intra-venous Smart Pills?????

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry! You had Gimooseraffe during our HELL week! I had a lot going on. We had 11 the 7 days after The Moose was born and 36 total since then. No wonder I am so tired!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all. I posted a big long update and thank-you's late morning, but I guess my brain is still operating in neutral from lack of sleep and stress, because I got interrupted and forgot to post it.

So I shall recap. First of all, I want to thank each and every one of you for your responses. I take each one into consideration and appreciate the time you take to post your message, even if I do not respond directly to each one.

McKay, thanks for the definition. I will go online and look it up.

Yes Bobbi, I think it could be a gimooseraff! He has so much trouble fioguring out how to lay down that he often falls asleep standing up. He spends so much time trying to nurse, that he ends up following Mom around and is so tired that when restrained he will start falling asleep once he quits struggling. I will have to wait and see how he progresses to know if he is a true gimooseraff, but perhaps I'm just in denial! LOL Then again, McKay, you might have one as well??? We can start a little club.

Sooooo-DSMO? How soon must one give it? I'll have to look that one up.

On a more serious note, the IgG was NOT real good. Only 400 at 11:00 AM this morn, at 34 hrs. old. That was after giving him a half bottle of Seramune last evening. The vet said it was borderline for getting plasma. She said to keep a close, close eye on him and if any sneeze-cough-lethargy-anything is the littlest bit off, call her immediately and she will give the plasma.

So everyone out there, I recommend having Seramune on hand and at least give it if the baby does not nurse much in the first several hours. There is time to determine this and decide to use it or not. And unopened, it lasts over two years in the frig. Worth the money folks. I'll never be without it when I have a foal due. Of course, having stored colostrum is an alternative, even better perhaps.

But anyway, his IgG level is very worrysome! I forgot to ask how long it takes him to develop his own anti-bodies; does anyone on this board know??

And added stress-although resolved now; my mare didn't poop until late last night and then just a little bit. So I was worried about that too. Gave her fresh water, as her's had gotten a bit warm during the day. I also put molases on her grain and then cut 6 apples in half and gave them to her. Today, her poop seems on track. Jeeezzzz-so much to be concerned with.

But to all you stallions out there, my mare is looking mighty fine! LOL

Now, I want all you foalers out there to know I respect you even more, whether you send them to a farm/hospital to foal or not. There is a lot more to this than I could ever had imagined and what one might plan to do, may not go as planned. One of the things I learned is, have someone else, especially someone with horse experience if you are a novice, on hand. Restraing a colt and giving it anything by mouth is tougher than it might seem.

Happy foaling everyone who is still waiting. I will try again tomorrow to post pics., or later tonight if I can get up the energy. I'm pretty worn out. Had to repair some boards on my pipe corral that were coming loose. I have a foal now, but still feel in DUHHdom!!

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 135
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj

Here is a good article about "Dummy Foals". All of the signs are ones we normally see and the info is pretty consistant with our normal treatment.

Sorry wrong link!

http://www.cyberhorse.net.au/cgi-bin/tve/displaynewsitem.pl?20060525dummyfoal.txt

(Message edited by kynwatch on May 07, 2008)

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 443
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank-you for the article Tim. My foal does show a couple of the symptoms. Poor nursing-and having to relearn how to lay down, although he is already getting better at it. He does follow Mom well, so I'm enocuraged by that.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take for him to develop his own immunity? Would you recommend plasma transfusion with a level of 400? Obviously that is based one th ideal of = or >800?

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 415
Posted on Thursday, May 08, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: I know when my vet and I discussed the problem with the Moose, he had a couple of optional treatments. You are correct in that anything 800+ is great and antibodies were ok. Anything between 400 - 800 can be questionable. My vet had given me the option (had Moose been in that group) of either giving some plasma or putting him on a double antibiotic treatment for 10 days (evidently the 10 day period is the most concern for fighting off infection). My vet had given me that option as it was a "cheaper" treatment plan.

I think I lucked out with the Moose and the IgG issue simply because I became a bit more forceful in my intervention of nursing between that 2nd hour and 3rd hour period after birth. Moose and mom had behaved just as you experienced with your horses. I only intervened for a few minutes at a time during those first 2 hours and then I became a bit more determined (actually VERY determined) to get this nursing done. I think I was actually mentally prepared to throw my mare on the ground and hog-tie her and sit on the Moose if I had to. It took several people intervening to hold mom (who was just frustrated that her little one was sucking on everything but where he was supposed to and as the foal became more and more panicky and hungry, she got more and more nervous).

It just goes to show everyone how important that first three hours are. You think that all is well when the delivery is successful, but I'd rather miss the actual delivery but still be present during that first 3 hour critical nursing period any day.

If it were my foal, I think I would take the plasma route. My vet asked me right off the bat when I was concerned "How much are you willing to spend on the little guy?" I just had to look at him and he said, "OK..let's get him tested so we can start the plasma treatments if needed."

Its a hard call to make on the monetary expense that each of us is willing to go. I would say that if the plasma option is out of reach monetarily then go with the double antibiotic treatment for 10 days, it would be a secondary option that is less expensive.

I don't know how long it takes to develop immunity in a healthy foal but I would guess that in all ready compromised immune system, it would be more difficult to obtain that level on his own.

Keep us posted and we're right here for you!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 447
Posted on Friday, May 09, 2008 - 12:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks so much Bobbi. I am going to call my vet about the antibiotics. She didn't offer to do the plasma, but did say he was "borderline." The antibiotics sound like an excellent idea that I'll discuss with her.

I think I know what happened with my little guy. I think Mama stood up immediately after delivery and stepped on the membranes, severing the cord and membranes.

I think the foal didn't get the last of the oxygen from the cord, before learning to breath on his own. His Dummy Foal symptoms are: trouble nursing-trouble remembering how to lay down-not usually spending more than a few minutes laying down (could be hungry). He did nap for about 30 full minutes at once today. He let's his tongue sometimes slip out of the side of his mouth.

No real serious stuff though (except maybe the nursing-tryng to watch him for weight gain, but no scale. I will start measuring him around the girth tomorrow). No seizures and he does know the groceries are in the back end of his mama. He can find the teat, but has trouble with that neck bend! Looking more natural now though, so I think he is getting it.

But he is only nursing for about 10 seconds at a time. I mean 5-10 seconds on one teat-then stops and goes to the other-back and forth, without actually moving himself to the opposite side. His mama gets pretty annoyed at times and bumps him with her nose. So funny towatch. I know he is getting some. He is vigorous, so that is encouraging.

I swear he has already grown. I have caught him at least twice each day. I hold him and pet him gently and talk to him, with mama's nose very nearby. He struggles and I tighten my hold-he relaxes and I relax my hold. Hope by the time I can't do this anymore he will be pretty docile. He already struggles less than he did before. But he is cute. I really am trying to get the pictures on!!!! I have so much trouble learning these new fangled things!

So anyway, Bobbi, are you working with your gimooseraff? Think he will be easier to manage, since he is not the sharpest tack in the box? LOL

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 469
Posted on Sunday, May 11, 2008 - 02:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update: my gimooseraff no longer lets his tongue hang out of the side of his mouth, so that is very encouraging. I think he will be fine. So to all of you with a "dummy foal" there is hope.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 425
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: Moose did that too (tongue hanging out)...pretty funny! And yes, gimooseraffe's are much easier to work with! But, one big word of caution...you will fall in love with these guys. Your heart will never be the same. Jon/Tim made a point that I keep in the back of my head...these little dummy foals have the potential to be handfuls later down the road because you spend such a great deal of time with them as youngsters.

Great news though...Saturday the Gimooseraffe shined in his full glory. Mom the race horse decided to get a little frisky. She was at one end of the 15 acre field and she jumped up in the air, bucked, expelled a little gas and took off at full speed. Lena, Ms. 10 month prego decided to join her. Baby Gimooseraffe took off after them, went through the gears, hit fifth gear as he was sailing past mom (and I mean they were flat running) and passed them like they were standing still. He freaked me right out as I was yelling across the field, go through the gate not the fence...he swerved, went through the gate at a dead run, screeched to a halt and was standing there waiting for the adults to join him with that "what took you so long" look.

Bobbi is quite happy with her Gimooseraffe's running abilities

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 139
Posted on Monday, May 12, 2008 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dummy foals are without a doubt much easier to work with! My "dummy", Triscuit (or Sir Bas Blanc if you want to get techinical lol) is now a two year old colt. He is just the sweetest guy ever! Everybody has been warning me "you'll see what his temperment really is come Spring on his 2 year old year", well, so far, aside from the fact that he'll jump the fence to get to his "mare of choice", his temperment towards people is exactly the same.

I think my trainer is going to like this one! Still got another year to go until he gets started, but he is such a good boy, I'm sure he will be fine :D

And like Bobbi said, your heart will never the same. This colt was supposed to be a resale, lol, not going to happen, I'm not parting with this one

CJ, have you posted pictures of you little guy anywhere?!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US