SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

OUT OF THE FRYING PAN & INTO THE FIRE

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » OUT OF THE FRYING PAN & INTO THE FIRE « Previous Next »

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 03:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

as of 11:59 5/5 Freckles the Eternally Pregnant Spotted Wonder Horse is no longer pregnant! Thank God I was watching her...baby was sideways with one front leg comin out first, head and one front leg deflected. Thank god I also finally got electric in my barn and all was working so I could see to work. Had to go in and readjust everything, then help the mare finish, but all in all, we've got a live foal....his first few hours have been hard ones. He is very small (about 15 pounds, Maybe 16 inches at the withers)didn't nurse on his own, and neither he nor the mare approved of my help. He finally nursed a tiny bit on his own, and i milked the mare to give him an ample amount so I can get some sleep. I have been thru days of exhaustion up with this mare, and looks like I'm in for more. That being said, it's my pleasure to introduce you to "Mystic Rock Freckles Voodoo Moonshine" !!!
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/DSC01370.jpg

Beth Sanford
Weanling
Username: Speedymoose

Post Number: 47
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 05:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana!!!!! I'm so happy for you! That is the most adorable little one! And good job at that repositioning...you're right, it WAS a good thing you were watching! I sympathize with you on the no sleeping.....hope you get several days to catch up! Great job, Freckles the No-Longer Pregnant Spotted Wonder Horse! Hopefully he'll take to nursing quickly and won't have to have help much more than you've given him.

Again, congratulations! He's a sweet one!

wanda
Weanling
Username: Wanda

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 07:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Diana..He is too freakin cute!!!! You are gonna have fun with him...Well here's to you getting some sleep and to him learning to nurse...So glad you were there to help Mommy and colt...Congrats....

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 432
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 07:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Diana! So glad you were there! Now get some sleep, 'cause it sounds like this one might keep you busy, huh?

Joyce
Breeding Stock
Username: Luv2ridesaddleseat

Post Number: 143
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 08:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OMG, what a stunning baby!! I'm so glad you were there to help too! Congratulations!!!!! I'm so happy for you. :-)

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 211
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 08:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana,
Now you can relax just a little ... Well you have your wish! He is soooo cute!!!!!!

As for me I'm still waiting!!! Tic Toc
Now the weather has changed to crappy, we were suppose to have T-showers Thank goodness nothing played out! so now its just gloomey!

Take care, give that baby of your a squeeze for me!

L

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 663
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 09:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, congrats!!!!! He is just to cute!!!!

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a blessing you were there to help out, and a fantastic job you did!! He is the most adorable, cute little guy there is. :-)

Try and get some sleep, you and she deserve it!!!
Congratulations!!!!

Laurie, that stinks your mare is hanging on to that foal, I guess that means it's not quite finished cooking. :-) So I guess if that's the case, it's a good thing. Good luck with the foaling when the time does come for you.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana~Congratulations! and GOOD JOB! Pat your self on the back. So glad that a difficult birth came out okay and I pray for continue strength for your little guy. Hope you got some sleep!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1500
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie Beltran~I was gone for the last 5 days come back to check in and see that Spring has not sprung! I am getting busy and sending you goood foaling vibes to get that old girl moving! Hang in there!

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 248
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh My God! You have an absolutely adorable little one. I guess he turned out a red leopard! What a cutie.
Congrats!

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jan Marilyn,
Yes she still is hanging on.....I'm want her to let go!! Well you know those Russian Arabians STUBBORN as all get up and go!

Take care,
L

McKay
Nursing Foal
Username: Mckay

Post Number: 18
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana,

I am so happy for you! I wish you could get sleep now, but at least that beautiful little guy will give you renewed energy. He sounds a lot like the one I had born yesterday. It has been hard, but they are sure worth it!

Great job repositioning!!

McKay

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 881
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 01:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Diana!!! Great job getting that colt out ok. He is a cutie pie for sure.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 437
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 02:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, forgot to mention-the name suits him to a tee! So glad the wait is over for both of us (I got a colt last night).

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 391
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 05:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana: Ohhhh...he is darling!!! How can you resist not picking him up and taking him to bed with you?!?!?! Beautiful color!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 406
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 09:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi guys , thanks for all the well wishes and congrats! My computer has been down for a day or so, and I can't keep up with the little time I have on my hubbys laptop. I 'll post new pics asap, he is ADORABLE and tiny!

CJ Great to hear about your foal!!! way to go!

Michael M. Munoz
Neonate
Username: Marine_mike

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 01:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie,Long time no hear from since I was out at your ranch in Indio Springs with my kids riding your (then)2 Arabians horses.I now hear your have 8? Wow breeding must have been good to your stock.
Lots to talk about with you,if possible E-mail me or call 909-802-3689,Huero,semperfi.marinecorps@yahoo.com Take Care Laurie!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US