SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

<<------CJ, START NEW THREAD HERE...LOL

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » <<------CJ, START NEW THREAD HERE...LOL « Previous Next »

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 329
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 01:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm just kidding with you, giving you a ration of crap because you're always the one to start a new one! Let's start a thread about why CJ always starts a new thread! LOL
Sounds like you're getting closer, tell that mare to do GOOD. I'll meet you back here in the morning, and we'll exchange new foal pic....OK?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 381
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 01:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Diana-yes, I am the thread posting queen! LOL

I'd love to meet back here with pics, but don't think I'll have any. PH 7.6 tonight. Vulva looser, but I swear she can suck it up at will!

But I want to see you new baby in the morning!

To make matters worse, my camera is acting up! Why can't it just be simple? Whine-whine! LOL

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 333
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 01:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am dying laughing!!!! (not at you)...So, my mare has been getting 3 of 4 pads on the test strips for a couple of days now, so I've been on serious foal watch...took a few moments from it to write on here, and returned to the camera to see my mare COMPLETELY FREAKING OUT in her stall. She was running around in circles, snorting, tail flagged, kept putting her nose to the ground, and snorting some more...and I immediately went into emergency mode (because I've never seen it done like this before LOL) I headed off to the barn thinking, "if she's got an emergency, there is NO WAY i'd be able to 1) catch her or 2) settle her or 3) 'fix' anything! So I start freaking out a bit not knowing how to handle a freaked out mare. Tried to calm myself a bit, thought about the 1/2 hr it would take the vet, and told myself I'll handle it the best I can. So, when I got to the barn, took a deep breath and opened the door....there was the mare...backed up SOOO FAR in the corner that her hind feet were OFF the ground, her rump was in her feeder, and her front feet were on their very tippy toes....and she was still backing up. "Wow, this is gonna be harder than I thought", I thought to myself. And as I was trying to devise a plan she started screaming and snorting some more, and there was a horrible noise that I did not recognize in all of my history in the breeding world....all the while, she's trying to climb higher up in the corner (backwards). I spoke to her thru the bars, that didn't help...entered the stall, turned on the light, that didn't help....I was petrified to reach for her halter, and then realized what the problem was. There was a HUGE bullfrog that had made it's way into her stall! LOL It was just sitting there staring at her. Then I thought, "I guess I need to get the frog outta here...that'd probably help." And I KNEW that if that frog jumped, that mare was gonna go to the moon! So I went and got the lunge whip, and (from the outside of the stall) touched the frog, to point him in the right direction....everything went to shit! The frog jumped, the mare jumped higher...when she came down, and the rump hit the feeder it made a loud noise, and now she thinks something's trying to attack her from behind. She goes slamming into the stall door, (which was not latched because I was standing on the other side of it, taunting the frog)The stall door knocks me down, horse flattens me, and runs all the way to the other end of the barn. I didn't think I'd EVER get her back in that stall! LOL

Regena B-It's a BOY
Nursing Foal
Username: Callawayssuzy

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 01:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL---Diana your story has me in stitches!! Too funny

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey! Congrats on your boy! When did that happen?

Regena B-It's a BOY
Nursing Foal
Username: Callawayssuzy

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

10:40pm this evening. She foaled a gorgeous chestnut colt! Everything went so well too. I saw her on the foaling camera lay down, get up, and lay down again. I knew it was time--so I woke everyone up and we ran down to the barn. By the time we got there, his front legs and his nose were already out. Within forty-five seconds of straining, he was out. It was incredibly fast. He's doing great though, I'll have pics up tomorrow

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 337
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 02:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good for you, good to hear all went well and you got to be present! The birth of a foal never gets old...it's amazing every time I watch it.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 188
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOW THAT MADE MY MORNING!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 392
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 01:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, I could see the whole thing! How funny! These stories are jsut great. They would all make a great book!

charlene birdsall, Baby due 4/2/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 869
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 03:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Regena!!! Diana, your story was great!!! I died laughing. I can't believe your mare was so afraid of a frog, that's too funny

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US