SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

New Foals.

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » New Foals. « Previous Next »

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 320
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Someone thought it would be a good idea to post a thread about how the new foals are doing and all that and I agree, so here it is. I seem to be the New Thread Queen around here. HaHa.

Anyway, we all want to hear about the foals that we all waited for, with each other!

Regina Farias
Nursing Foal
Username: Bucktoby_cowgirl

Post Number: 13
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I had a palomino colt with 2 blue eyes born April 5th outta my pony mare. He is doing really good.He has been eatting his momma's grain since he was 2 weeks old, I think he wants to wean himself silly little boy. I still haven't named him, I'm not to good with names. My other mare is due on May 20th and she has started to bag up 4 days ago, can't wait hope it's a filly, then I'll have both a boy and a girl. Anyways all is well out here in California.

Emily S
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgrl88

Post Number: 218
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I my mare just had a big chestnut colt yesterday morning, and I've already posted pictures on here. Everybody probably knows this already, but I'm just so excited, I'm telling everyone! Lol. His name is Atticus Cash Finch. Of course I got the name Atticus Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird, and his middle name comes from his sire, Dashin' Cashin'.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily, nice names! Man, I'd better get on the ball. Don't have mine named yet.

I think the idea of this thread is to keep in touch for those who have foals now. How are they doing? Post pics and so on. Discuss problems, and whatnot. So you are right to use it today. And again, congrats!

Janet George
Neonate
Username: Janetgeorge

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've had two so far. Normally I want fillies, but with these two mares I wanted colts, as they were in foal to an outcross stallion and I wanted a colt to run on in the hope he'd grade as a stallion.

And I got two colts!

This little chap was first - seen here at a couple of hours old. Mare foaled easily in the field at lunch-time!
http://www.irish-draught.net/bookerand.jpg

He doesn't have a PROPER name yet - we call him Buck (because he does - a lot!)

The second wasn't quite so easy! Huge colt who stuck at the shoulders - and then at the hips! Mare wouldn't lie down so I had a hell of a job getting him out.
http://www.saddle-up.org/widget.jpg

Problems weren't over then as the mare bled into the broad ligament and was very poorly (huge vet bill to come) but she's much brighter now and hopefully will make a full recovery.

Only 12 more to go!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 378
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Janet-12 to go? Wow! I can't imagine. Glad you got your colts! When is the last one "due?" And do you want fillies next? I want a filly, but feel I'm getting a colt. Probably so I won't be disappointed. LOL But healthy is good-right?

Glad your mares are healthy. Is this a usual thing for you-foaling several out each season?

Janet George
Neonate
Username: Janetgeorge

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 08:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well actually, it's 13 - as I have a visiting mare coming in to foal down! Last one is not until 30 August - but she'll be 3 weeks early - she always is!

I'd be VERY happy if ALL the rest were fillies - pure-bred ID fillies are much more saleable at a better price as weanlings - unless a colt is SERIOUS stallion potential - which not many are!

But as long as foals and mares are ok - that's really all that counts. It's the most I've had. Last year it was 10 - and we ended up with 10 healthy mares and 10 healthy foals. I keep praying I can keep up THAT % score!!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are a few "dry" photos of Jewel at 1 day old! What a cutie! I love the black spots on her white socks!
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/1dayold.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/Jewel.jpg

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awwww Jewel is sooo cute! I love the black spots on her white socks too! I'll bet you're glad it's over and now you can have fun. Congratulations!!!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 340
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well, at least that one's over! haha! I still have more to foal! yikes! But i look forward to it!

todd dennis simmons
Nursing Foal
Username: Hayseedhorseman

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone, Here are some photo's of our new babies. Congrats to everyone on some beautifull foals this year.

Little Joe's first time out
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/hayseedhorsetrainer/009-1.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/hayseedhorsetrainer/016.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/hayseedhorsetrainer/018-1.jpg
We hope he has enough white for regular apha registry.

Skip's Mega Buck's 3 weeks old
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/hayseedhorsetrainer/004-2.jpg
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn25/hayseedhorsetrainer/003-3.jpg

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 383
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 08:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice foals Todd! Congrats on healthy outcome. Love the white and black tail on Skip's Mama too. Welcome to the board!

And by chance, are you in WA. State? Beautiful folage.

todd dennis simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 14
Posted on Thursday, May 01, 2008 - 08:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj,
We are in Virginia, Had lots of rain this spring. Hope it helps with the hay this year.

Aimee Smith
Nursing Foal
Username: Hotfillyky

Post Number: 11
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice looking babies Todd! I love paints and the more unusual the markings the better. I had a friend with a Medicine Hat when I was growing up and I adored him.

Valerie Myers
Yearling
Username: Libertybelle

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 06:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a Girl! My sneaky mare tried to have it while I was in the shower, but I fooled her and got there in time!

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn58/mypaints/Buckskin%20Filly%20April%2030-0 8/?action=view&current=dd60b9de.pbw

Aimee Smith
Nursing Foal
Username: Hotfillyky

Post Number: 12
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good job Valerie! She has the distinction of being born on my bday. lol She is a cutie!

Emily West, Zita born 4/12
Breeding Stock
Username: Paintlover

Post Number: 654
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats, on your buckskin filly!!!!!!!!

Sora
Nursing Foal
Username: Sora

Post Number: 19
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 05:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a girl!!!! 3 am, time to go to bed. What a GOOD mom. She had her just before midnight on Friday night, while I was taking a nap in the car looking in the stall. Perfect, active filly, up in 15 minutes, nursed in 30, and walked, trotted, and tried some canter in circles for two hours. Gave the enema, and about five poops of meconium--good stuff! Huge, black I think, with two tiny white socks behind.

Now I get the weekend to enjoy it all. No name yet, but in about ten years, look for her at Grand Prix dressage!

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1299
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations Sora, she sounds healthy and beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures. Yippeee!!! So you didn't see the birth?

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 194
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 09:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sora,
Reading all the posts of everyone having babies is making me looney! Was it a great birth? did you video tape it??

Post pic as soon as you can! CONGRATS!

Sora
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 01:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, I'm up now. Gotta go back to the barn and get daylight pictures!

I missed the birth. By the time I saw her down and got in there, baby was already trying to stand. The placenta and cord were off the the side in a neat pile.

I think I got photobucket right. I tried to get the video of her trotting in a circle, but it was taking forever to load. Let's see if this works
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa140/shareenp/baby/?albumview=link&special_t rack=nav_album_album

Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 02:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sora, your filly is very pretty. What a nice color she has, what color would you say it is. Congratulations again, she is way too cute!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 404
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sora and Valeria-Big Congrats!!!! Sora, I too have spent a lot of time in my car with foal watch to be SURE I see the birth, right? But like you, I may very well miss it. From what I hear, these mares are uncanny in their ability to wait until we get that coffee/potty break! Or sneak in a few zzzzzz's from exhaustion, but you were there while she was still wet. Great pictures. She's lovely.

Valerie, glad you got to out smart your mare and see the birth! I'll bet she will be really gorgeous when her color is fully developed, not that she isn't now, of course!

I do love buckskins. I'm thinking about breeding mine to a creamello to see if I can get one.

How are your foals doing Todd? You have a colt and?? Is the second one a colt as well?

Question: Have any of you tested the colostrum, or given supplements or any of that? Just wondering, since there is so much discussion and variation in what people do.

Simple curiosity is all. I guess I'm wondering how often the colostrum is not adequate. I'll have to go research. Don't mean to dampen anyone's enthusiasm. It's just my inquisitive nature. I might have to start a new thread! LOL

Sora
Weanling

Post Number: 22
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Marilyn--Well, not sure what color she is. In the daylight today she was a silver/grey. My vet thought she might be a grey, but that's genetically impossible. Her dad is homozygous black and mom is bay all the way. She actually has some striping on the legs. I'm pretty sure she's going to be black, but we'll see! Striped would be way cool. I'll put some dry daylight pictures on later when I've finally eaten.

CJ--I had the Foal Response, so gave ot last night after she'd drank a bunch. My vet just did the colostrum test, and she was way good. Her recommendation was to do it 100% of the time because if you have a problem, it's a little to do to save a lot. She didn't say how often colostrum is inadequate, but if you catch it right away and do a tranfusion, it's very fixable. The test for colostrum way pretty easy--take blood (ok, that part isn't easy) and put it in a little testng device and wait 8 minutes.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 377
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sora, silver grey often goes to black....although bay is the most likely combination when breeding a bay. (to anything I think) I bet she'll be black

Sora
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool. Black is more interesting than bay. I don't see any sign of brown, and her muzzle is black, so we'll go for black. And the stripes would be great, too. I know dressage is for plain bays, but I like the colorful ones.

Cathy
Breeding Stock
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 269
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 01:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is now 1120. Stormy foaled at 1050PM MST. Big bay colt. She still hasn't cleaned. Gave 1 1/2 ml oxytocin at 1120 still hasn't cleaned. Foal up but hasn't nursed yet.

Jane
Breeding Stock
Username: Dizzykizzy

Post Number: 248
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 03:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ooooh, loads of congratulations!
Glad you saw your mare foal Valerie.
Sora, I thought if the stallion was homozygous then he can only throw that colour??
Cathy, don't worry yet, Maybelline took 7 hours to cleanse! Have you tied a wet towel or similar to it to help with the pull?

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 197
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cathy,
Keep us posted! Looking forward to the pictures.... :-)

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 418
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 01:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cathy, how are things going now? Congrats on what sounds like a fine colt!

todd dennis simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 15
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
We had a filly and a colt. The filly is the loud moussy and the colt is the bay. The colt did not get adequate colustrum from mom and needed 1 plasma and he is now fine. The vet at the reproduction clinic said this is a bad year for foals not getting enough. They normally only have 1 or 2 a year. This year they have done 5. All are well. It is so great to see so many caring folks on here taking good care of their equine family. Living with the horse is a gift. Congrats everyone on your new foals!

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 209
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Todd,
Thanks goodness for Plasma! My Vet is ready to do the same for me since my mare hasn't really bagged up! Lets hope she baggs up when she delivers!

Take care Post some pictures when you can!

L

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 03:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Glad all is well Todd. Gosh, this is a trying as well as an exciting time! Interesting that the foals needing plasma are up in number. Thank goodness for all the info. here. I had no idea about the lack if immunity in a newborn foal and all that follows if they don't get quality colostrum. I feel like I've had a semester long course in the past month! This is a fabulous site.

You are so right about horses being a gift!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 226
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 07:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I haven't talked to you guys in a while! I've been so busy with my colt that I've had no time, but I didn't forget about you guys!! Congratulations on all the new foals, guys!! No foal yet, CJ???

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 428
Posted on Monday, May 05, 2008 - 09:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No Emily, but it's okay. I'm more prepared everyday, got my survelance camera and getting some sleep, so it's all good. She was soooo tired for a few days. Today she rebound and wanted to pen the goats again ! What a goof ball! But she's healthy!

I've been reading the posts about the new foals. I'll bet all you new foal owners are all very busy with them! The little stinkers.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 433
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OR SO I THOUGHT! Roll out the red carpet-sound the trumpets-CJ has a new foal. Boy or girl? Hell, I don;t know. I thought it was a girl, cause I saw no boy parts, but when it was pooping, I didn't see any girl parts! Talk about feeling like a dummy!

But, some issues. Born about 1:AM. Still wet when I got out to the corral. It has had a lot of trouble nursing. Can't seem to latch on. Does have a sucking reflex (sucked my fingers). But after two hours, I tried to position it. It didn't like me holding it and got antsy, so now Mama is antsy. She started walking around her corral and calling baby, so I had to give it up. I had gotten a little bit of colostrum (very sticky). But that is all.

Baby is now trying to nurse again. Mare is a great mother. But it just can't quite find it.

Mom has not passed placenta yet and it has been 3.5 hrs. I don;t have anyone to help me (except one person who is asleep and afraid of my horse). But she would help me if I needed it. I just don't want to start this out badly.

I was hoping to get by until about 6:00,

YAHOO! The foal just latched onto Mom's teat. No wait, Now it's running around. My gosh, this is nerve wracking! And while Jewel was okay with me messing with the foal at first, she now doesn't trust me because I was trying to hold the foal still long enough to help it nurse and to give an enema-and it struggled and now mom is all wigged out with me. I'm giving them space-but very worried. Should I call the vet now???? Or will it be okay for a few more hours? Baby is tired and sleeping right now.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ again....call the vet and let us know...best way is to halter your mare, tie her loosely or have some one hold her and then work with the baby. Very very important if she has not passed placenta to get the vet out emergency...plus the foal has not had adequate antibodies.

As far as a filly or colt...easyiest way is to pick up the tail...no girlie lulu then its a boy...

congrats....Fingers crossed...post soon!

Valerie Myers
Yearling
Username: Libertybelle

Post Number: 60
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All, sorry I've been baby admiring and had to go back to work..yuck.. CJ, I bred my bay overo mare to a cremello to get the buckskin. If you have a buckskin and breed to a cremello, you will most likely get a Palomino. I spent some time researching genetics before I picked the stallion. Even then, we still only had a 50/50 shot at the Buckskin, but we got it. No color spots though, she's solid even though mom's an Overo and has thrown color in the past.

We video taped the whole birth of our new girl. I spent 5 sleepless nights waiting, I knew she was close, plus she spent 3 nights actually looking, acting and sounding like she was in labor, actually pushing and everything. Found out from the vet that she was "positioning" the foal, getting ready to deliver. New pics coming in a day or so. She's not so ribby looking now, starting to get some milk in her and filling out.

She's a cutie! No name yet, we're working on it!

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 880
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 01:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ congrats!!! I would get the vet out if your mare doesn't pass the palcenta soon. They say typically they should pass it in 3 hours, and don't foget to save it for the vet to inspect. Have you tied it up so she doesn't step on it? Has the foal latched on yet? Post pics as soon as you can.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 02:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ALL IS WELL NOW. Got a neighbor that is good with horses to come and help, while awaiting vet. She held baby until he calmed down. Mama was just fine with it, so I think my backing off when I did was good, but I was soooo worried.

Poor nurser though. We worked for two hours off and on trying to get baby to know where the teat is, let alone latch on. He nurses for only a mintue or so at a time, but both of them are exhausted!

I tied thin, wet towels, like tea towels, to the dangling cord from mama. Vet came out and gave oxytocin. Placenta was delivered, intact, at about 9:00 AM, so had been in for 8 hours! She had stepped on it before I got to her and broke the cord. It dangled. I forgot to ask the vet about antibiotics. She wasn't as worried about the placenta as she was the baby not nursing. I was pretty darn scared myself.

I am going to give him some seramune after he has a chance to nurse some more and rest. He passed muconeum (sp.?) fine. Now has actual stool. I didn't give an enema.

Mom was exhausted, but was eating when I came into the house, about 10:30 AM.

Thank-you ALL for your support and concerns! I am so relieved it is over-that chapter any way.

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 884
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ that is great news! Is your colt nursing ok now? Take a nap, and then post some pics please.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 215
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ-Well it's over yet just starting! Nice to know that everything turned out ok!

CONGRATS Can't wait ti see some PICS

L

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 387
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 04:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj: Many congrats! Welcome to the dummy foal world...hahaha! You're gonna love your slow little learner. You did great! Reading your posts I was feeling the excitement. Gets us pictures soon! Enjoy your new little one!

Cathy: Congrats to you as well! Sounded good...let us know what happened and that everyone is ok!

Todd: Congrats on the two new babies! They sound wonderful!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 228
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 05:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yay Cj!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!! Can't wait to see pics, and I'm glad to hear that all is going well!!

todd dennis simmons
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, May 06, 2008 - 08:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
Way to go, your wait is over. You must be overjoyed!!! Please post some photos soon so we can all share in your long awaited prize!

Lee
Weanling
Username: Leejon

Post Number: 27
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CONGRATS CJ

Cyndy Wiser
Breeding Stock
Username: Cyndy

Post Number: 109
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ - Congratulations !!!! I know you are exhausted - rest and get pictures up!!

BTW - I haven't been able to post for the past week - just way too many things happening - but I've got a pretty little filly born Saturday morning. I am afraid that she will fit in the same category as little Moose does....the dummy foal group! She did the same thing regarding nursing...and still does. She doesn't seem to know instinctively where the teats are..she starts bopping mom with her nose just anywhere on her body, like teats should just be sticking out of mom everywhere!!

She has trouble latching on to them, then once she does if it happens to pop out of her mouth (and it does!) she gets frustrated and starts the process all over again. I was worried at first but somehow she seemed to eventually get enough after trying again and again!

Jane
Breeding Stock
Username: Dizzykizzy

Post Number: 250
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations CJ, hope everything is going well now. Maybelline was 8 hours passing her placenta, the vet didn't seem too worried.
Hope the little guy is suckling well now and you can get a rest!

Congratulations on your filly too Cyndy, hope she gets the idea soon!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1522
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cyndy~Congrats~Post Pics!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1523
Posted on Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 03:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ How is the little guy and your mare doing today?

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US