SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Foal tonight!!! Maybe??

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Foal tonight!!! Maybe?? « Previous Next »

Emily S
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgrl88

Post Number: 191
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So I'm hoping it's tonight!!!! It's thunderstorming here all day and my mare is acting a little sluggish... I hope it's gonna happen!! I can't wait any longer! This morning I noticed that her poop is really soft looking and all of her piles kinda looked like pies or something... Is this any sort of sign? She's never had that before... Hmm.. AHHHH. Lol

Beth Sanford
Weanling
Username: Speedymoose

Post Number: 22
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily, it can be a sign....from my experience, many mares "clean out" when they are getting ready to deliver. Just watch to make sure it doesn't get too loose and be sure she's drinking well. Hopes for you that your mare will get on with things and deliver!!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 283
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

c'mon loose poop!!!! yay! a couple of mine do that before foaling...good vibes for you and your mare!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks guys! Good luck to you too!

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 148
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily,
Good Foaling vibes!

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 01:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sending foaling vibes your way Emily!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 284
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 03:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Emily. Let us know!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 193
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ugh no foal last night :-(. I really hope she doesn't carry until May! I'm getting pretty worried! Anyone else here have babies??

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 302
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily, watch, it'll be you and me, bringing up the rear! LOL

My new neighbors brought in a mare and foal (looks about three months old). My girl started prancing around. Hope it will rub off on her!

Okay, let's have some foals tonight mares!!!!!!!!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 198
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj, I would not doubt it!! Lol. Oh well, you and I can go insane together!!!!

jennifer adamy
Nursing Foal
Username: Jadamy

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily and Cj don't forget me! I have a feeling I will be going into May with ya both.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 157
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Girls,
I'll bring up front! PLEASSSEEE dont make me wait to much longer my mare needs to foal on a weekend! Cj, Emily, Jennifer whata think?? I'm home on weekends! I think I'm starting to get that duh feeling where in the world can you find grown women that spend as much time with thier horses as the do online emailing about thier horses!!!!!

CJ we have to start a group of duhsperate horseswives counseling sessions!

Have a great day!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 199
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hahaha Laurie that's awesome! Don't worry, Jennifer, you can hang with us!!! Lol. I was up until 4 this morning with my mare cuz she was really hot and sweaty and panting all night so I thought maybe she'd have her baby, but no go :-(. Anyone else have a fun night, too? Lol

jennifer adamy
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily- My mare has done that to me twice. Everyone I know thinks I am nuts and have no idea what I'm doing. After reading Jonathon's post about the mare that did that, then stopped completely and 30 mins later began to foal frustrates me even more. How am I supposed to know when its real?! My husband says when the feet are hanging out your having a baby!!
I also work from home and can say in the last week, not much work is getting done. I keep saying to my husband once the foal arrives I can get focused again. Ya right!! Then I will have this wonderful little foal to fuss over and worry about.

jennifer adamy
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 19
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On another note- I am doing the Foal watch mike test. The past few days I have been barely able to get enough to do the test. This morning I got more then enough and it just squirted right out. Her nipples were really hard and ice cream cone shape. The fluid was white and milky. It tested at 125, with 200 being what they say should be foaling within 24 hours. Who knows!

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennifer what test? PH?

Emily,
We must of been having the same VIBES I was also up at 4:00 worry about my mare Spring! I went into the office and looked at my cams , Their she was SLEEPING!!!!!!

jennifer adamy
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie-

I am using this kit http://www.chemetrics.com/visprods/foalwatch.htm that my vet told me to use. I spoke with her today and she said don't be suprised with a maiden to all of the sudden in one day go from nothing to 200. 200 means foaling in the next 24-48 hours (98% of the time)So...we will see.

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 161
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 07:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennifer,
I went and bought the pool testing strips, I would think its cheaper?? I paid 10.00 how much is the ones you have?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 309
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

O.K. Jennifer, Emily and Laura, we are going to have foals this week-end. How about you Beth? Do you have one on the way?

Emily, I can certainly understand your confusion! Sweating would have me on minute by minute foal watch!

Today, my crazy mare started herding the goats! She's been in with them in the pasture for weeks. Now all of a sudden she has to herd them! She wouldn't stop when there was just one left out. Bizarre. I had to put her in early so the poor goats could graze. Does she know she is making me coo-coo?

I'm sure she has had the training, but why all of a sudden is she going for it? Is it the glucosimine or hormones or both?

I thought her vulva was a little elongated yesterday morning or today-can't remember actually. But then she sucked it right up! How can they do that?

Yes, let's have a DUHH therapy group. What would we call it?

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 201
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 03:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip, that is so funny! Jennifer, I totally know what you mean! All I am thinking about is this foal, and everyone thinks I'm crazy or something and I'm hardly getting anything done during the day cuz I stay up all night with my mare and I'm so tired in the day!! Haha. Let's have these foals, guys!!!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 314
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 04:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So what's the problem? I still have boxes sitting in my room from my move in over a month ago. Do I care? Only occassionally, but it passes. I tell myself that when I'm a day person again I'll catch up, but truth is sinking in. I'l just transfer my energy to the foal. DUHH is a hopeless syndrome, as it just becomes something else. What do we call that?

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 203
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 04:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lol, hmmm... I'm not sure what we'd call that. But I do know that I am most likely going insane! I have these horseshoe earrings on, and I've had them on since I first learned that my mare was pregnant, and now I refuse to take them off because I'm afraid it will bring me bad luck!! Kinda sad, huh... Lol

(Message edited by cowgrl88 on April 26, 2008)

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 165
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily You are to funny!! Cj are you always like that?? You would certainly keepme entertained! Any Changes anyone??? Ok now I think I'm completly covered by any angle, not only do I have 4 cams going on all directed on Spring! I thought I still might not be covered so I went and bought me some baby monitors??? I stood up on my day off to listen not only did I keep getting up to check the cams now I'm listening for any thing strange?? I think my Duhhdom is sinking in....

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 318
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie, I could have sworn Spring sprung (sorry, couldn't resist). So are you watching her and foal? Or am I in sleep deprived DUHH-DUHH Land?

jennifer adamy
Weanling

Post Number: 21
Posted on Saturday, April 26, 2008 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Royal Veritas was born at 5:30 this morning!!! checked Stella at 1:30am no signs of labor except waxing. Slept on the couch in front of the baby monitor, heard grunting, ran to the barn and the feet were hanging out! Normal delivery, fabulous baby...pictures tomorrow.

Anyone else?

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 204
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats, Jennifer!!! I don't think any baby for me tonight :-(. How about anyone else??

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 02:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Jennifer!!!! I can't wait to see pictures :-)

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 324
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 05:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wonderful Jennifer! Can't wait to see pictures

Emily, I'm not sure about the earrings. Let's see-you've had them on how long? And no foal for how long? Hummmnnn. Yes, most definitely certifiable DUHHdom.

Laurie, you too. Love it!

jennifer adamy
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Here she is!
http://www.crookedruncellars.com/links.htm

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennifer,
You have your hands full and I do mean full building vineyards I'm sure is not easy I came from an area that had so many vineyards, my good friends use to make raisens from them so I do knwo how much work there is to do! I've since moved to San Diego and beleive this or not this man just moved in down the street, he's from France and is putting in Vineyards and he does have a wine celler totally controlled under his brand new home! Good Luck! (You are problably thinking whats the big deal??) NO ONE IN THE AREA HAS EVER seen a wine cellar in someones house let alone planting vineyards in SAN Diego)

Your mare is gorgeous! so is the baby! Now thats certainly progress with your mare 0 to 60 so fast I was up and dowm last night wondering if if I will miss my mares deliverery??

CJ-NOPE, NADDA NO baby nothing!
She holding out on me!! I know it!
I am now able to get milk although its clear I'm going to test her this morning??

Does anyone know how accurate the testing strips are?, the ones that you don't need water? you just put a drop or so of milk on the strip?

EMILY??? any changes??

jennifer adamy
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie-

Yes we have been busy, but loving every minute of it. I had a feeling my mare was going to be one of those quick changing situation. It is funny because the vet even warned me that day to not go far that it would happen quickly. She gave me a lot of signs the week leading up but not the day of!
Good luck on your expected delivery.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 335
Posted on Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 05:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jennifer-what a darling filly. I especially love the last picture. Soooooo Sweet! Glad it all went so well.

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 206
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 04:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cute, Jennifer!!! Again, congratulations!! Laurie, no changes, except that her teats have started to extend more and her vulva seems very swollen. Good luck, Cj and Laurie!!

jennifer adamy
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 07:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well things didn't go as well as I thought. Yesterday morning she was running and kicking in the stall full of vigor. She did take a long time to nurse her first day, just had a hard time finding it and when she did she couldn't latch on.Stella's mile just pured out while the baby was trying to figure it out. I was concerned she did not get enough colustrum so I wanted the vet to do an igg. Everyone kind of laughed at me because she looked and acted so good, even the vet kind of chuckled. He knows I am neurotic. I am so glad I trusted my instincts. Her igg was less then 400, which means failure of passive transfer. She had no immune system. The hospital is an hour and a half away. I DREADDED putting that baby in the trailer. Thankfully I have a great mare and a great husband, they both trailered fine. Me on the other hand hand to sedate myself with a bit of alcohol! She is there today and I am waiting on the outcome. Several issues to overcome before I will relax.

Words of wisdom....get the igg test no matter what. Had her surroundings not been so diligently clean I would probably not have a filly right now.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry you had things did not go picture perfect, but it is interesting that the actually do trailer well. I had to trailer my new foal home at 2 days from the hospital and she just lied down in the stray and slept. The important things was keeping baby close to mom so that mom would load on up. Hopefully your next post will be that you are on your way to bring them on home!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 339
Posted on Monday, April 28, 2008 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily-that sounds encouraging! My girl is getting looser back there too. Did you check the color inside? My mare is starting to get annoyed whenever I go toward her rear end now. Wonder why? But honest, I never check more than twice a day.

I decided last night that she was not ready to foal and actually slept the full night through! Felt so good! For once, I was glad she didn't go into labor. She is at 338 days now.

Jennifer, I responed to your new thread. It's a must read for all us novices.

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 209
Posted on Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jeez Cj, I'm glad you finally got some sleep! Lol. I'm kinda sad that I missed the birth of my baby, but oh well. I'm just glad everything seems to be going good. My mare didn't even wax, I don't think. So hopefully you're next!!!!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US