SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Another waxing/dripping milk question..

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Another waxing/dripping milk question.. « Previous Next »

Emily S
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgrl88

Post Number: 178
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do all mares wax and/or drip milk right before they foal, or does it just depend on the mare?

Jane
Breeding Stock
Username: Dizzykizzy

Post Number: 219
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 04:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybelline didn't, but her milk turned from clear the night before to creamy yellowy on Thursday morning to thick white on Thursday night before she foaled on Friday morning.
Hope that helps and hope your foal comes soon!

Jonathan Smith
Yearling
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 53
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 09:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nope! Some don't even get a full bag prior to foaling.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 07:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Damn mares!

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 179
Posted on Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 02:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aaargh! Lol. My mare looks even bigger all of a sudden..It's weird. She's so lumpy all over!

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 142
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 09:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Everyone,
I don't think my mare wants me to know at all, that she's about to have a foal! Her due date is the 23rd and she just started baggging up a bit Sunday morning no wax no dripping we are on full alert! some idema on her under belly but that's all! Tail still has some resistance. (able to swat flies!)

I have a question do all mares get lumpy??? I never notice her ever doing that with any of her other babies??
She did deliever at 4:00-5:00 am- with the others ?? My luck she will hold back until I leave! Hee Hee Spring doesn't know I purchase camera's!!!!! So she can't fool me!

Ps-Watch her fool me!

Cyndy Wiser
Yearling
Username: Cyndy

Post Number: 80
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Emily & Laurie, It isn't unusual to see "lumps" of edema appear and disappear. One of my mares began developing lumps or knots of edema all along the underneath and lower sides of her belly about a week before she foaled. They were never larger than about 4inches and sometimes disappeared the same day they first appeared. So far, my other mare who is due May 6th hasn't started this yet.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 246
Posted on Monday, April 21, 2008 - 02:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie-

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 144
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 02:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
WELL.... Thats exactly what happens! I have been watching her for weeks and very very small changes! She is due tomorrow and she doesnt have any milk YET! nor does she have huge bags!?? I think she's trying to throw me off guard? Whata ya think??

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare was due the 20th of April, but her bag still isn't fully developed and I'm still waiting... I'm freaking out!!!! Lol. Good luck Laurie!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 269
Posted on Tuesday, April 22, 2008 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie, I posted the laughter guy as a result of your comments about the cameras and Spring not being able to fool you. Some of the posts about cameras have been really funny. I wasn't poking fun at the "lumpy," sides. I haven't seen that before, but if you say she is :lumpy,:"then by Jeb, she's lumpy. Just wanted to clear that up.

I think all mares are tuned into each other through the Universal Mare in the Sky and they network to keep us humans quessing and pawing and snorting and...Oh. Did I type that?

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 146
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CJ,
I think your having a meltduhn...LOL No she isn't lumpy..Although I think she knows I have the camera's (4) all on her!!!!!! I know she knows!

Emily, I'm in your shoes also. Lets pretend we're not watching our girls, maybe they'll blow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1447
Posted on Wednesday, April 23, 2008 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie~I am getting so excited for you!! I can't imagine how anxious you are!!!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 290
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Laurie, I hope she figures out that you are determined to be there for the foaling and just gives up! I think my mare will too. How long can they hold those babies inside anyway? I guess the answer to that is 370 days!!! LOL

Laurie A Beltran
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 151
Posted on Thursday, April 24, 2008 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj
After yesterday's push by her which had me laughing my off She just might win? Nah I will!~ She is Russian bred so they do tend to be determined!I'm pretty tuff myself! an't gonna happen on my watch no siree, CJ, Do ya think she'll buy it???

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 305
Posted on Friday, April 25, 2008 - 01:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hummm. Might be a little tricky. Perhaps you should have one of Johnathan and Tim's little, "talks." Or tell her you're cutting out carrots for a year if she foials ya! LOL

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US