SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Horse names...Lol

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Horse names...Lol « Previous Next »

Emily S
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgrl88

Post Number: 131
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For fun, I thought I'd list some possible horse names that I like... Lol. It's so hard of a decision! I think it'll be easier when the baby's born :-) It's kinda a lot of names but it's A LOT shorter than my first one!!! Lol. Color code: purple/girl names, blue/boy names.
Akilah, Amarillo Rose, Scout Finch, Eponine, Elphaba, Stardust, Dutchess, Arwen, Luna, Lida Rose, Delmara, Gwendolyn, Junebug
Atticus Finch, Del Mar, Whiskey Lullaby, Donatello, Camanchi, Storm's Ransom, Goldrush, Finnigan, Gulliver, Pilgrim, Oliver (Olli), Phineus, Porthos

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 137
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 02:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hummmmnnn; the name game! Sounds like fun!

Jonathan Smith
Weanling
Username: Kynwatch

Post Number: 43
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am all for Atticus Finch! To Kill A Mockingbird is one of my favorite books.

Bobbi Govro
Breeding Stock
Username: Hh_farms

Post Number: 191
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about "Finding Nemo"....hehehe...

I like Jonathan's pick...Atticus Finch! Very cool. Boy, good luck with that one when you get mad and have to scold the chap! Someone will think you've invented a new curse phrase.

Jonathan Smith
Weanling

Post Number: 45
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When you get mad you can change it to Scout! She was always in trouble and it would work eith a colt or a filly.

(Message edited by kynwatch on April 15, 2008)

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 133
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Haha, that's awesome :-). Yeah, Atticus Finch is definitely my favorite for a colt... Now Finding Nemo, on the other hand....hmmmm...Lol. That'd be interesting, to say the least

Terry Waechter maravilla and her posse
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 234
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

since I ended up with so many colts I call them Maravilla's Posse(maravilla is the only filly in the bunch) and I call the boys jesse james, rhett butler, zane gray and jinx (he got his name before the trend started) Terry

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's so cool, Terry :-)

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock
Username: Lisa98

Post Number: 230
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a naming issue too......I need Spanish names!! I have few ideas too - got a naming book and just gave me a headache looking though it.
So far I like Felina and Isabella for a girl.....and I have no boy names!!! Ugh. I, too, hope it is easier once the baby is here.

Terry I love your posse!!! That is too cute.

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 236
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lisa...perhaps I can help with the Spanish names...the posse has real names too...Eminente, Kenya, Davidoso and of course Maravilla...the next to come will be either Venezuela or Vagabundo...what is your sire and dam name? I also sometimes choose from the pedigree? I try to use the first letter of the mare's name...another effort to recognize her contribution...Terry

Lisa R.
Breeding Stock
Username: Lisa98

Post Number: 235
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I remember you saying that about the mare and would like to follow suit with that; hence Isabella. My mare is Iana and the sire is Heroe. The trouble with the Andalusians (as you know) is there are few names and lots of horses....even though you put the farm 'code' at the end I hate that there are a million Iana's and such you know?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 183
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 02:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Terry!!! You go girl! I love that you include the mare that way. And the posse is very cute.

Lisa, I love Felina. Andalusians are beautiful. Love them! And Paso Finos (did I say that right)? And Draft horses and Morgans and Ponies. OK, so I love them all. What can I say?

Anyway, this is fun. Glad you started this, Emily.

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 159
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lol. Lisa, Felina is such a gorgeous name!! Love it! I kinda like Eponine, for a filly... It's from one of my favorite musicals. Lol

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1426
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lisa:
Boy names:
Ezequiel~God Strengthens
Dario~Rich
Xabat~Savior
Iago~Supplanter
Katia~Pure
Cachi~Bringer of Peace
Dante~Enduring
Mateo~God Gift
Zenon~Reciever of Life from Zeus

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2008 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

those were Spanish boy names now a few more girls names~
La Reina~Queen :-)
Breezy~the woman Achilles loved in Homers Iliad
Lia~Hardworking
Analeigh~Grace
Mireya~Miracle

Breeding Stock

Post Number: 241
Posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Insignia...there are only 7 in the stud book
Inspector
Inspectora
Insolente
Insolencia
Insolita
Insolito
Inspirada
Inspirato
Iris
Isamay
Isadora
Isadoro
Isanta
Isaro
Itaca
Italiana
Italia
Italio
Italica
Italico
Iza
Izado
Izada

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 05:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My mare is Oaks Jewel Doll. The sire of the foal is Fresno's Poco Badger. I was thinking about, "Jewel and Badger's All Dolled Up, if a filly and have no name for a colt, but not sure. Any ideas? The foal will be a bay.

Emily S
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 220
Posted on Wednesday, April 30, 2008 - 08:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How do you know it will be a bay? Lol

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 394
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She has been bred to the same stallion at least twice before. Both were bays. I am not very well educated about the whole gene/color thing though. The stud is a black with brown muzzle and mom is a liver chestnut. So while it would be fun to be surprised, I don't see that happening. Anyway, I do loves bays.

By the way, I love your post asking about foal behavior. I was wondering about all that too. I need to order some books, but thought I'd check out the library first.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 351
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj, I love that all dolled up for a filly!!! Great one! I just named my new baby Mystic Rock's Onyx Jewel. (her mothers name is Tiny Trotters Onyx) and my farm name is Mystic Rock Miniatures.
If my leopard mare will EVER foal, and it has spots, I'm hoping to think up a really cool name. I dreamed the other night about it, and in my dream it was a really cool leopard colt, and I named it Mystic Rock Freckles Voodoo Moonshine...I have to say, I have some of my best Ideas while sleeping....god knows I"m a zombie, while awake with this stupid foal watch thing. haha! I hadn't considered keeping the name, but my husband really liked it, so we might!

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diana, that is very creative. Maybe I should try that-the dreaming thing. But the name you came up with is really cool. I especially love the Mystic Rock Freckles part.

It's hard coming up with names. I have a few more now. Sweet Jewel Oak. Sweet Jewel Badger. Poco Badgers Jewel Oak.

For a colt: Poco Badgers Oak Bay. Jewels Oak Badger, I have more trouble with the colt's name.

I like that you have a farm name. That is nice too. I had dogs for awhile that I was going to breed and had a kennel name of "Valley Lakes." So it was easier to name the dogs. At least it seemed so. One of the names was, "Babes of Valley Lakes."

Luck to all in nameing those babies!

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip

How about "Fresno's Strong Oak" or "Fresno's Golden Acorn"? Sorry thats the best i've got.

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 1231
Posted on Friday, May 02, 2008 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cjskip, I bred bay to bay and got bay 2 times. Then I bred for a third time (same parents) and got a chestnut sabino! You really never know what you're going to get

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 402
Posted on Saturday, May 03, 2008 - 02:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jonathan. Jeeeeezzzzzzzzz. I just realized I've been spelling your name wrong! I'm so sorry! I bet that happens to you a lot. I was spelling it as JOHNathan instead of JONathan. My apologies.

Anyway, thanks for the ideas. With QH's "Oak," is the bigger name. So I'm trying to keep that one in, but don't know if I will. I actually love the "Fresno's Golden Acorn!" I'll add them to my list of possibles.

Tracy, I suppose you are right! Makes the surprise factor that much more exciting. For instance, is it a colt, or filly?

Cjskip
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 408
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 01:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was brushing my girl this afternoon. Giving her a little TLC. Have been leaving her alone mostly, because she was kinda grumpy, but now just seems miserable and very tired.

Anyway, I am noticing more white hairs here and there, since she has shed most of her winter coat. She has a little of white right at the tail head and a few tiny spots of white here and there. So maybe there is something else in store? Who knows? I'm going to do some research on color.

Jonathan Smith
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 124
Posted on Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jcskip

Thats ok it happens all the time. I don't get offended very easily.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US