SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

My colt could have been

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » My colt could have been « Previous Next »

Jo Angela Stirewalt
Breeding Stock
Username: Raknrydr

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Found a photo of a stud with the markings of the colt we lost, so I took a magic marker and colored in the white that my foal did not have and left the markings he did have. Just wishful thinking of what he may have looked like all grown up.

This is what he could have been:
http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/3488/2744218150048868759S425x425Q85.jpg

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 147
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jo, I'm so sorry. He would have been beautiful. I'm sure. That is so sad. What breed was he? I don't remember, but did you have other foals this year? If so, are they from the same stud? I'm sorry if you have told us all this before. I try to keep everyone straight.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 03:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jo Angela~ What a hansome foal your mare produced.....How is you mare doing? Hope she is still recovering steadily. I really encourage you to look ahead and perhaps toy with the idea of rebreeding. I know in 2006 what finally made up my mind was I had that Live Foal Guarantee with my breeding and the stud had gone on and done some really nice winning the year my mare was pregnant and it was good for only one more breeding season. I lost my foal April 14, 2006 and we finally rebred my mare in August of 2006 and a wonerful filly born in July of 2007...I like you have one mare, beloved, riding, friend....she is now 17 and I did want a baby of hers to be my golden age horse. The only thing I did do different the second time around was I did ship her off to foal out at the Equine Hospital. 24 hour vet on duty, foal alert, and necessary surgery there. Of course that guaranteed she would have an uneventful foaling at 4 pm in the afternoon. Best $900 I spent.....

Big Squeeze!

Jo Angela Stirewalt
Breeding Stock
Username: Raknrydr

Post Number: 117
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 06:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cj I have 3 TWH's only my 1 mare and 2 geldings and the colt would have been triple registered TWH,SSH & NSSH.

Jan my husband wants a foal from my mare so bad but at this time we are to scared to chance her, so we are checking into embryo transfer, just a idea.
The stud owner offered to rebred or assist in anything we would like to try, he was really looking forward to this foal also.
He did not have to offer because my foal was alive for a good 1 1/2 hrs and he also qualified as a spotted horse even though it barely made it, we was hoping for more color, but I would rather had the mostly black than a mostly white.
My husband don't like a lot of flash, so to him the foal was perfect and it was to be his anyway.

Vet will be out every Friday for a month to check her and at the end of the month hopefully determine the damage or amount of healing.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 1419
Posted on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 - 07:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Embryo transfer sounds good too. Then you won't have to give up your mare for riding...Those transfer mares are old hats...I will keep you in my positive thoughts as you work through what will work best for you. Glad to hear that Mira is in such good hands, your vet sounds very compassionate.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 154
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wish you the best on whatever you do. I can't imagine how devistated I'll be if I lost the foal, but losing my mare would be worse. Again, so sorry for your loss. I hope that in the future you will get your foal from her.

Emily S
Breeding Stock
Username: Cowgrl88

Post Number: 141
Posted on Wednesday, April 16, 2008 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so sorry Jo :-(. I can't imagine how devastating it is for you. All my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your husband. I hope everything works out for the best for you guys.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US