SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Colt can't control himself

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Colt can't control himself « Previous Next »

kat
Neonate
Username: Mulan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi,
i'm a little worried..maybe this is no a big deal, but since i'm new to this whole deal, i just wanted to ask you helpful people to put my mind at ease

my mare just had a colt about 1 week ago. and he can't seem to retract his penis..it just hangs out all day long. is this normal?

thanks in advance!

judy cervantes
Breeding Stock
Username: Judy1

Post Number: 197
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KAT I DONT KNOW FOR SURE BUT I THINK SOME ONE ELSE ASKED THAT SAME QUESTION NOT TO LONG AGO AND I THINK THE ANSWER WAS YES,THEY WILL PUT IT AWAY SOON

Tracy Smith, Tali due 6/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 937
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 02:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is very normal :-)

Jane Olney
Breeding Stock
Username: Shotsnurse1

Post Number: 566
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kat-My problem was opposite. We didn't see it for days. He could pee without relaxing it.

Kathy had FILLY 3/1/08~ Cooly due 4/4/08
Yearling
Username: Kckcnurse

Post Number: 94
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kat ~ His muscles are weak and that's why it's out. Once those muscles develope it will go back up. You'll see it down one day and the next it will be up. ~K~

Colleen Beck
Breeding Stock
Username: Gypsycreations

Post Number: 436
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, the little guys walk around with their willies hanging out for a couple of weeks or so, then poof, they suck em up

Kay B. Jones,Nova born 2/24
Breeding Stock
Username: Kaybjones

Post Number: 188
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you look at my current pictures of Nova, He's ALL OUT THERE, too. People look at the pictures and say Well I quess you had a boy !! THere's no doubt.

Catherine Owen
Yearling
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 66
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 03:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's a MAN thing

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 151
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 04:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's just what guys do....I"m sure if it were socially acceptable most men would dangle for all to see! HAHAHA! While foals eventually come by it naturally, even most men have to be "trained" to put that thing away! ( and proper training is a must! ) ha!

Lorna Glen /Tosh due 4/19
Weanling
Username: Lornaglen

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just love everyone here, I always get such a great laugh!! I also get to be prepared for all these fun baby things!

Marilyn Lemke - Dora due 7/31/08
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 05:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL!!!!! You girls crack me up!!! I remember when my foal would dangle his thing around, and I was embarrested to show him to my non horsey friends.

kat
Neonate
Username: Mulan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, March 10, 2008 - 07:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha..thanks for all the comments! i can rest assured, and little dude gets to walk around all day with his willie out. sounds like a plan

Mood Swings
Breeding Stock
Username: Mood_swings

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What Catherine said lol :-)

Phyllis Schroder
Weanling
Username: Shadowbend

Post Number: 39
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 01:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to note that you may want to keep an eye on this and if all goes normal as it does 99%of the time then no concern. But I did have one colt that we had to have the vet cut the ring of flesh around part of his penis so that he could drop it normally. We noticed he would never relax it to urinate and it seemed to get stuck on a tight section of skin. You could pull it past that but then it was kinda stuck out. They just put a small cut into the tight ring of flesh and we had to stretch it with our fingers everyday. It all came out fine, no problems whatsoever but sometimes it does happen.

Kristin Buchanan
Nursing Foal
Username: Josiesfriend

Post Number: 18
Posted on Thursday, March 13, 2008 - 09:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The colt hanging his ding a ling out all the time. You might have stud colt on your hands! As my breeding manager always tells the colts who do this, "Good Boy!" It is totally normal, and pretty cute actually since it is such a boy thing, he is just around his dam's hormones all the time. Very normal!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US