SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Madin Mare, Need help!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » Madin Mare, Need help! « Previous Next »

Kimberly Miller
Neonate
Username: Breezemom

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi. I have a 8 year old mare who is on her 336 day. She has a relaxed vulva, last, yesterday at 3pm it was HUGE and swolen. She has a large bag, and her niples point down, she is kicking at her belly, and paws now and then, she is on and off her feed, she mostly wants to stand in one place, and shifts from leg to let. How close do you think she is? I can't seem to get much out of her niples, only a few small drops, which I can't tell the color of. I can get pics if it will help, but I would like openions please!

Jenny P
Breeding Stock
Username: Varda

Post Number: 257
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It sounds very close Kimberly. I would check on her as often as you can. After what we went through with Star two and a half weeks ago I can tell you with absolute certainty it is best to be sleepy and zombified than miss a check. The one check I slept through, luckily my husband didn't. Is your mares tailhead relaxed also? Sounds like you are in for some sleepless nights, but at least yours bagged! Mine didn't cooperate without help in that department. Star got quite lovable the two days before she foaled. She didn't want me to leave and would whinny for me even after I was out of sight. Good lucky sweety! You are in the home stretch!

Kimberly Miller
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, May 22, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, yes her tail head is very loose! She just got wax, and has a lot of milk, this morning, I couldn't get any, now if I tap the bag it comes out. I have been having sleepless nights already, thanks so much for your help.

Kimberly Miller
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok, the help is over. Lol, she foaled a beautiful bay stud colt with a white lace blancket at 12 a.m. thanks for the advice, it helped me decide to watch her tonight

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 324
Posted on Wednesday, May 23, 2007 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kimberly,

What a wonderful thing! Congratulations! Please post pictures! So happy for you!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US