SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

TWINS!!!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues » TWINS!!! « Previous Next »

E Watkins
Weanling
Username: Ev_watkins

Post Number: 22
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 01:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A friend sent me this link and I just had to share it with everyone. These are some incredible photos, worth they time to take a look. EW

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID=4cfe4025-6021-45f8-8fdd-d23d5 341b3aa&SKU=HP#

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 570
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Truely amazing!!!!

Cconner
Weanling
Username: Cconner

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 02:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do you know when they were born and how they are doing? Lori took the words right out of my mouth!!!!! Keep us updated on how they are doing.

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 517
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

First words were "holy sh*t" and then OH MY GAWD.
How miraculous, amazing, and frightening at one time.

Nancy McGee
Breeding Stock
Username: Ndv101

Post Number: 185
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 08:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW!!!!!! Do you know if they are okay?

Vicki Richardson
Yearling
Username: Blessed

Post Number: 56
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I emailed the ranch that was attached to the photobucket page, and a nice lady named Susan emailed me back this morning. I also let her know how to find this thread. Here's what she had to say about these beautiful babies:

Hi Vicki! Thanks so much for the e-mail! We are soooo excited about these little boogers!! How did they wind up on equine-reproduction.com? I think that's great! I went there and couldn't find them. Where are they exactly so I can check it out. That's just cool!
They are doing just wonderful. They were born at 10:00 PM and 10:03 PM on 03-26-07. Her 11 month day was 04-01-07, so she was only 6 days early.
The babies and their mom are doing just great!! We are now past that critical first three days and they're just getting stronger all the time. They are nursing by themselves and have been since about 8 hours after birth.
Their mom is doing fine so far too. She treats them as total equals and doesn't show any partiality to the big one over the little one. I'll attach the latest picture of them to this e-mail. It was taken of them today when we
took them out for a walk. I can't even turn them out in a normal pen yet because the babies are so tiny, they'll get under the fence!!! They are just soooo cute!!!
We deliver over 100 babies each year here and this is my 3rd set of twins to deliver. None of the others have lived past the first few days, and then we were having to milk the mare and feed them. These little babies have been
nursing fine since shortly after delivery.
The biggest one is the filly, born first, and the little one with the blaze face is the colt. He may be tiny, but he's sure a scrapper. He's a really aggressive little eater and I really feel they both are going to be just fine.
Let me know if you have any more questions at all. I'll be glad to answer anything I can for you. Also, feel free to use the picture I sent.
Thanks and I hope to talk to ya again -
Susan Hunter
HunterCreek Farms
www.huntercreekfarms.com

And here's the picture she sent:
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/vclauzel/Twins-1.jpg

E Watkins
Weanling

Post Number: 23
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Vicki- THanks for the research. I'm glad to know both of them are doing ok.
Lori- you hit it on the head, amazing.. that's why I wanted to share. Glad to know everyone enjoyed the photos and story as much as I did.

Evie

Aimee Sutherland
Nursing Foal
Username: Aimee_s

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 01:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They are so cute, tiny little things!! I'm glad to hear all is well for them so far, and I hope things continue that way! Thanks for sharing the pics and information E. and Vicki!

Mood Swings
Weanling
Username: Mood_swings

Post Number: 48
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 07:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW!!! Thanks for posting. Thank you to Vicky as well. Great news to hear they are both doing well :-) :-)

Hannah MacDonald
Yearling
Username: Hannah

Post Number: 97
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 08:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow that is truly amazing!! Super Mum too looking after them so well - I dont know what I would do if i got 2!!

Vicki Richardson
Yearling

Post Number: 61
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just wanted to let everyone know that Susan from Hunter Creek emailed me to let everyone know that the twins are doing great, and she'll send some more pictures soon! Also, as she put it, they had a "Mammoth Jenny" foal last night after a 1 yr., 3 week gestation! She's going to send pictures of her baby too!

Susan Hunter
Neonate
Username: Huntercreekfarm

Post Number: 1
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey everybody! Susan Hunter here. Thank you so much for your interest and well wishes for our two precious little babies! We are now into Day No. 6 and past most of the big hurdles, and I'm pleased to report that the babies are doing just great! We take them out of the stall several times a day to walk around with their mom and it is the cutest thing you've ever seen! Can't turn them out in an outside pen yet because they can just walk under the fence! Mom gets too nervous anyway, can't keep her nose on both of them when she's outside in a big pen!! We'll keep you posted and Vicki will send the link to the Mammouth Jenny's baby that was born 2 days ago. It's so cute too!! That makes baby no. 99 for us for the year so far (since January). Only about 40 more to go! Wish us luck! Thanks so much, Susan Hunter

Vicki Richardson
Yearling

Post Number: 63
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Alright Susan! Welcome to the board! With your expertise, I'm sure you'll be able to answer a lot of the questions that pop up on this website!

Aimee Sutherland
Weanling

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Susan! Looking forward to hearing updates on the twins, and don't forget the pictures!!

Vicki, I think that Susan referred to the Jenny as a mammoth because of the type of donkey that Jenny is...donkeys come in 3 sizes: miniature, standard, and mammoth. (The mammoth donkeys are close to a small to medium sized horse, not sure of the exact sizes of each type). Hope that helps, you're quotations around the words mammoth jenny made me think you might not know about the three sizes of donkeys. Sorry if I was wrong.

Nancy McGee
Breeding Stock
Username: Ndv101

Post Number: 193
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Susan we all loved the pics of the twins. That is just so remarkable to me because it is hard to believe there is one in there let alone two!!!!!!!

E Watkins
Weanling

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 01:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Susan,

I sent you an email and realized I'd addressed it to Vicky ( after I clicked on send ) Thanks for keeping us updated on your little miracles!

Evalyne

Vicki Richardson
Yearling

Post Number: 64
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 02:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Aimee! I didn't realize they came in small, medium and large! Susan was also saying that they carry for a year as it is, but can go over or under a month, which is something else I did not know! That's why I love this board...just when you think you've got all the basis covered, you learn something new!

Vicki Richardson
Yearling

Post Number: 65
Posted on Monday, April 02, 2007 - 03:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Also, there are new pictures of the twins on this link:

http://eshare.hpphoto.com/FilmStripHome.aspx?JobID=7ed2ed38-1f83-40e1-ba75-87d25 74e84f8&SKU=HP

Just scroll to the end to find them!

Here are the pictures of the Mammoth Jenny's baby!
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/vclauzel/100_5220.jpg
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/vclauzel/100_5216.jpg

Aimee Sutherland
Weanling

Post Number: 26
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 02:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your welcome Vicki. I'm glad I was able to share some knowledge for once, I am very new at breeding so most of my time here is just spent reading everyone's informative posts! I didn't know about their gestation length though. And I only know about the sizes because I care for 2 mini's and where my mare went to be bred they had a mammoth!

Thanks for posting the link to the pics again. Those twins are so adorable, and the donkey foal is very cute too!

Roxanne
Weanling
Username: Roxanne

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The twins are just adorable. I love the donkey foal! The Mare looks alot like my gelding Mule, Murphy!

Susan, maybe you can enlighten me.....as soon as my filly was born last week, my mule acts like a maniac! He was the calmest thing ever and now I have to tie him in his stall just so I can let my mare and new foal outside. He wants to hurt the foal. Of course, I do not let baby any where NEAR the mule. Have you ever seen this before?? Anyone else with mule experience that knows?
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u158/Roxanne381/murphyJan07.jpg

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US