SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

PLEASE HELP...UNBELIEVABLE STORY~ ANYONE HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Abortion and Pregnancy Loss » PLEASE HELP...UNBELIEVABLE STORY~ ANYONE HEARD OF ANYTHING LIKE THIS? « Previous Next »

WSTRNPLEASUREPAINTS
Weanling
Username: Jmshowhorses

Post Number: 24
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 03:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bred my best AQHA Western pleasure mare 1 time via AI 5/15/2010 1:32 A.M. I had her checked at day 31 via ultrasound. Was told confirmed pregnant only 1 seen.(got a second opinion as I thought I saw something off to the right) day 51 second opinion said a singleton...BUT hard to tell with his machine at that stage. Had her palpated day 120. VET SAID HER UTERUS FELT VERY WEIRD? HARD IN TEXTURE AND FELT VERY FULL for gestational age(said hard as a rock)?... requested a third and 4TH ultrasound over the next week. Determined having a stud colt... Couldn't explain her funky feeling of her uterus.
At day 306 she spontainously went into labor, and delivered a "UNCONFIRMED" LETHAL THE SIZE OF OUR BLUE HEELER PUP... WITH A CLEFF Pallot and other deformities... I ABSOLUTELY WAS POSITIVE she was carrying a twin as she was looking MORE on track for a maiden mare at that gestational age after she delivered the freacky white dwarf... VET DID NOT EVEN WANT TO CHECK HER BUT I INSISTED> palpated and said WOW... She is still in foal... 1 WEEK later(was when he confirmed the twin) this one feels normal sized he said. AT DAY 321 with a engorged bag, and big as a house went into labor... up down pushing , contracting ...FINALLY she was down grunting as she had been the last four nights (325 days)...Heard a gush of water... After 30 minutes pushing hard called vet...who said she wasn't in labor...SHE HAD JUST URINATED~UHH...O.K. THE NEXT DAY AT 1:00 DAYTIME she FINALLY presented a leg... Not progressing went in found one leg to be COMPLETELY BACK as well as NOT HAVE FLIPPED(facing up)... I reached in to my armpit found leg (Thank GOD) got foals leg forward next to other anyways...she continued struggling~I tried to turn or shift foal just rocking... and ...IT WORKED... Out she came... A TINY LITTLE filly... crooked legs, down on her pasterns...But for a premie...DOING PRETTY DARN GOOD~ That night...well next early morning to my ASTONISHMENT(3 A.M.... The mare went back down in the classic legs sprawled grunting and pushing...called vet panicked...said IMPOSSIBLE just passing left overs... NO...SOMETHING BIG is trying to enter her quivering birth cannal... Here we are 5 days later(330) and this mare HAS NOT STOPPED trying to get this ...(large mass we will call it out) Last night ...FINALLY heard and saw the GIANT GUSH of her membranes rupturing...Kinda... uhhh... the color of straw...(while she was pushing and contracting so intence I was scared she was going to deliver her uterus so intense). DEFINATELY NOT URINE... vet came out...said (ofcourse she was briefly up the minute he stayed)... Oh just "urinated", or still passing left-over fluid... Going against my gut & LISTENING TO THE VET AS HE SHOULD KNOW! WELL all day she has been up and down pushing...rolling trying everything... She is SO exhausted & MISERABLE AS AM I! TONIGHT LAST CHECK... Down grunting and trying so hard to push this out... I have started to see a red bag (I think) start to poke...than go back in... THIS LOOKS HUGE HOW FAR HER PELVIS AND SUNKEN CROUP ALL EXTEND WITH HER CONTRACTIONS AND PUSHING~ CALLED VETS AGAIN... They think I'm CRAZY~ I am NOT an idiot... I have trained 29 Western Pleasure APHA World Champions (I am a full time trainer and owner of Lazy lopin Arena ) I stand and promote2 outside APHA World champion Stallions ...and live cover...& collect and ship 3 days a week... BUT THE WHOLE BREEDING MY OWN MARES...NOT VERY OFTEN SO AM BY NO MEANS AN EXPERIENCED breeder of foaling out alot of mares.
I AM AT A LOSS...THIS IS AN AMAZING mare ~ I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF TRIPLETS... EVER! BUT WHAT IS GOING ON THAN????PLEASE SOMEONE?????JOS???? Whats happening to my VERY OUTSTANDING MARE...AM I LOSING HER???? Cause nothing is letting up for my new mommy...and of course every time filly nurses... REALLY throws her contracting and straight down pushing...AHHHHHHHHH...ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING LIKE THIS CRAZY EXPERIENCE?http://lost-foals-group.4t.com/photo6.html ( She DID get the west NILE)?

WSTRNPLEASUREPAINTS
Weanling

Post Number: 25
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 03:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You know I HAVE THE WORST LUCK! A client lost FULL TERM TWINS LAST SEASON~ Wonder why I can NOT bring myself to breed my show mares...OR EVEN MY BROODMARES AFTER THIS! Just wanna save this mare and have an explanation for anything that could explain this as NOT THE HORRIBLE OUTCOME I AM SO SCARED IS BEING PRESENTED TO ME HERE!!

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3195
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you are not comfortable with what your veterinarian is telling you, find another veterinarian. The fact that you have apparently had two missed multiple pregnancies in two years would be enough for me to start seeking a different opinion.

While abortion followed by a full term presentation (326 days is full term) is rare, but has been noted before. Presentation days later of a third foal would be extremely unlikely, although triplets have been seen. What would be more likely is damage to the uterus or some other portion of the reproductive tract, which should be thoroughly checked out.

Do not open up the door to the WNV vaccine "problem" again!! It has been thoroughly refuted and that website holds no credence whatsoever. You can see a thread of discussion that appeared on this board about it some years ago. As an aside - when we presented a scientific-based opinion of the website's presentation, we received a vulgar response (full of swear words) from the owners of the site rather than a reasonable argument against our presentation! We're all for rational open debate, but when the opponent simply swears at one, and cannot present a rational argument all bets are off!

WSTRNPLEASUREPAINTS
Weanling

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am hauling the mare to Columbia , MO to the University today as NO JOS... I am NOT comfortable with this vet... and his rediculous amount of mistakes and errors and having his mind made up before he appears even. TY FOR YOUR ADVICE~ ALSO I WILL NOT go there of the vaccine and would like to apologize as ... I HAD NO idea. i just googled deformed foals til I found a photo that resembled her first "aborted" mess. Another question the same vet that missed EVERYTHING is the one who took her aborted white and told me it WAS A LETHAL... Said he determined via autopsy or exploratory surgery... This mares registered name is "LUV MY PIZZAZZ" an AQHA mare... I was WANTING to harvest an embryo from this mare as I WAS guaranteed a LIVE COLORED Foal...and... her living filly is a solid. QUESTION: I definately should NOT rely on his findings and have this mare DNA'd as a carrier of "Owls" before I retire her uterus PERMANANTLY TO MY APHA carriers atleast as I AM NOT CONFIDENT IN THIS VET ..."AT ALL"...or is an autopsy a pretty easy reliable NO DOUBT ABOUT IT MEANS?Or could he have just been under developed and this vet mistaken? Ty

WSTRNPLEASUREPAINTS
Weanling

Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 03:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JOS~ I wasn't trying to open a door... I AGREE 100% with you of rational discussions and am sorry the website owner reacted so UNPROFESSIONAL and impossible. I am COMPLETELY dumb to the vaccine or EVER hearing such EXTREME "OPINIONS" ...(from "ANONYMOUS" breeders)HONESTLY appeared to me as ...people are wanting to get a law-suit going to make up for a bad year and tough economic times was my first impression anyways.. and DEFINATELY would trust you or any experienced professional's opinion rather than ANY google search... Thanks Again and I will keep you posted to what the University finds with my mare.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3196
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 01:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The foal colour can be the first indication of an OLWS foal, and then evaluation of the intestine during a necropsy can be pretty definitive. Of course the only absolutely conclusive way to confirm it would be by testing, but if all the other physical indications are an OLWS then it quite likely is... :-(

Carol
Breeding Stock
Username: Rodawn

Post Number: 109
Posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 06:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Western pleasure - how is your mare and living filly doing? Please update us.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US