SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

How can this happen again ?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Abortion and Pregnancy Loss » How can this happen again ? « Previous Next »

mary anne higgins
Yearling
Username: Mary_23

Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 04:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

my mare star aborted twins again even though she was scanned in foal at 20 days and only one egg was seen vet checked both horns only one pregnancy was found in the right horn and no pregnancy in the left scan was not rushed took over half anhour as she had twins last pregnancy so vet took extra time to look and told me deffintly only one foal so i cant belive she had twins again at 220days how can i stop this happening again sorry for the spelling .

Ad TB
Weanling
Username: Ajvtbs

Post Number: 47
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm so sorry that this has happened Mary Anne. We get our mares scanned at 16 days for twins and again at 18 days just in case she ovulated from another folicle two days after the first. Sometimes a pregnancy can be mistaken for a cyst or vice versa. We always track the cysts and mark them on a chart when we scan their ovaries before covering.
I guess another thing to consider is that your vet has made this mistake twice and they might not be confident at scanning or pinching twins.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2277
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Take a look at the article on this web site about twinning (follow that link), which may answer your questions somewhat. It may also be worth while looking at using a different ultrasonographer in the future - missing twins twice, especially after taking that amount of time at that stage (20 days) suggests either a lack of good equipment or ability.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 06:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she was checked for cysts and non were seen on the scan the vet cant explane how he missed the other foal she was scanned at 20days just to give us a better chance of spotting twins.
I have spoken to my vet and he says the egg must have split after the scan.and all we can do is to make sure we have her scanned at 14 days 24days then again at 49 days .

Ad TB
Weanling

Post Number: 48
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What we usually do and so far we've had plently to pinch even triplets in one mare last year but none missed. We scan before 16 days and then between two and 5 days later (18-21days) so if necessary it can be pinched before it's embedded. We then scan at 30 days for a heartbeat and again at 45 days. I guess technically the egg could have split producing two identical foals, the foals shoul be the same sex, have the same markings and whorls and share the same bag. I haven't heard of identical foals, most are non identical produced from two different fertilized eggs. It's possible in humans so maybe it is in horses too. I don't know.

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2278
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 01:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Identical twins are rarely seen in the equine - rarely being 4 or 5 instances, so RARELY! There is a structure present in early embryonic development called "the capsule" that prevents the occurrences that result in identical twinning in other species.

"Never say never", but...

Ad TB - FYI the embryo doesn't "embed" at that stage (~16 days), but "fixes" - literally stops being mobile in the uterus. It is not until about day 40 that invasion of the endometrium is commenced with the early formation of the allantois.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 61
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 05:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

both foals were colts and were the same colour .star was scanned at 20days and vet says the egg had fixed in the right horn and swears there was only one egg. when should she come into foalheat we are at 15days and shes showin no sign of heat her vulva is so tight as if she were still pregnant and she still atacking her neibours and my stallion jedi whom she normally loves. thank you all for listening.xx

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 458
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary Anne, so sorry this happened again!

I'd say scan the mare at 14 days, again at 18-20, 25, and 45 because of her history.

We always scan our mares at 16 days, 25 days, and 45 days. However, we only have one (a leased mare) who has a history of twinning. Pinched a twin at 16 days successfully. The more ultrasounds you do, the more likely you are to cath something. Maybe consider switching to a different repro vet?

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 63
Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you samantha we only have a couple of repo vets and mine surposed to be the best for are area .he only scans 18 24 and 49 days as he says that the best time to scan the other vet not very good .

Jane
Breeding Stock
Username: Dizzykizzy

Post Number: 274
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary-Anne, I know just how you feel....the exact same thing happened to me. After losing one set of twins I was so afraid of it happening again and asked my vet to take extra care to make sure there weren't twins again. She was certain there was only one but sadly 9 months later we lost another set. I don't know if they were identical, I couldn't bear to look the second time. It broke my heart and we won't be breeding again. Mare has gone off to restart her ridden career.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, February 28, 2009 - 05:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI jane im giving star one more try havein her scanned 3 times if the vet likes it or not well that is if she comes back into heat that is shes not come into foalheat yet shes still striking out my stallion whom shes stabled facing him and walks past him every day.

Jane
Breeding Stock
Username: Dizzykizzy

Post Number: 275
Posted on Friday, March 06, 2009 - 01:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Mary Anne, I hope it works out for you this time and keep us posted!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 70
Posted on Friday, March 13, 2009 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

will do and thank you for your replys.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 74
Posted on Saturday, April 18, 2009 - 03:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

star still hasnt come into season yet and id swear she was still pregnant if i hadnt seen those foals its weid her bellys still moving as if theres somthing in there im so confused.

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 923
Posted on Friday, June 12, 2009 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary, I am just catching up on the board and saw your post and have not visited this link much. So I want to offer a belated, "I am so sorry for your loss." That's awful!

I am learning myself, about this reproduction stuff with our dear equine friends. My mare had a twin preg. and one was "pinched off." I am having her get another U/S soon. She is, hopefully, about 60 days along (I have the exact date written down).

Anyway, I was wondering how things are going for Star? Have you rebred her? My fingers are crossed for you.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 79
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

star is infoal again with twins 18 20 .days vet says she looks to be absorbing one as its very small we will find out on wednesday 17/6/09 .if the small one still there we will have to abort them and start again as vet couldnt pinch one as they are both in the same horn next to each other.
soive got my fingers crossed shes obsorbing the small one .

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 1983
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mary Anne, I've heard that usually one will absorb, so I'm hoping this will be your case. You've come so far, I would love to see you get your foal with this pregnancy. Good luck and keep us informed.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 03:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I will keep u informed and thank you very much.
I WILL update on wednesday.xx

Heather
Breeding Stock
Username: Lilredbuck

Post Number: 145
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 04:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hope every thing goes well for you this time around!

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 892
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 05:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary Anne, Hopefully the second twin will be absorbed. If you know there is a double ovulation or in your mares case a history of twinning she should be checked at 14-16 days. At this time it's a fairly routine procedure to pinch one of the embryos as it has not fixed i.e it's still mobile. This means that the vet can move one embryo away from the other and isolate it and pinch it even if they are in the same horn or lying side by side. After 16-18 days it's not possible to manipulate the embryo an move it. Hope it goes well for you

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1991
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very very good point Ad TB, I wonder why the ultrasound wasn't done earlier, so it could be pinched off easily? Especially with having a history of twinning... hmmmm

Terry Waechter P.R.E. foals
Breeding Stock
Username: Watchman

Post Number: 763
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 01:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this year Galera conceived triplets and the vet pinched off two...

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 81
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 05:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

star was due to be scaned at 14 days but due to a stupid oases conset which lasted 5 days all roads where closed no vechiles could come or go vet couldnt get near my farm to scan.also no one was told the roads where going to be closed until the night before .

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock
Username: Lovemysinbad

Post Number: 472
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow maryanne...what dumb luck for you...:-( Sometimes it just seems like things don't want to go our way....hoping for the best for you and your mare

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 82
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 06:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi kim thank you.Its just my luck nothing ever goes right for me, but im keeping my fingers crossed that she will absorb the little one .it was to small to measure on the scan so that gives me a little hope.xx

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well that just stinks! I hope you have one by the next ultrasound.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 83
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you marilyn so do I.
If not we will have to bring her back into heat and start agian.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 07:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope it doesn't come to that Mary Anne.

Ad TB
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 896
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 07:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What bad luck Mary Anne, this year we've had 4 out of 7 mares scanned at 16 days with twins. We've one mare that like Star seems to have an affinity for twins she has never not had twins when scanned at 16 days, she even had triplets last year. I hope this goes well for you especially considering the mares history and what you've been through with her

Ann
Yearling
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 76
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To add a litle ray of sunshine, I just wrote an article about a twin birth that happened this year....mare and foals are fine and thriving! (Rural Heritage Magazine Spring 2009 pp.51-53.)

From that article: "Twin or multiple ovulations are common in mares. By some estimates multiple ovulations are common in up to 40% of all mares. However, less than 1% of all equine twins survive. According to Dr. Reed Holyoak, staff theriogenologist at Okalahoma State University, the chances of an equine twin birth are one in ten thousand and of those births, in over 80 percent of the cases, one or both twin is lost.

If a set of equine twins does survive, they are usually multizygotic meaning that they originate from several ova, which is the result of multiple ovulations, in which case the offspring are non-identical. Monozygotic twins, those originating from a single fertilized ovum that splits to produce identical foals, are very rare. In Suzie’s case, her twins are multizygotic or not identical.

According to the Manual of Equine Practice by Reuben J. Rose and David R. Hodgson, “with the advent of diagnostic reproductive ultrasound, veterinarians have discovered that twin embryos in horses have always been fairly common prior to day 30 but seem to often correct themselves by day 45. However in some cases a mare will carry twins into advanced pregnancy. When this happens and a mare does carry twins, the uterus has a hard time supporting the twins so there is a 70% incidence of late gestational abortion. When abortion does not occur, foals are often born dead or weak and dystocia is common. Others complications of twin births include retained placenta, delayed recovery of the uterus, decreased rate of settling for the next 2 years, and potentially permanent damage to the mare’s reproductive tract. Studies show that equine twinning seems to be most common in TBs and Warmbloods.”

I wouldn't be too, too concerned right now as she can reabsorb. (And if she doesn't the end result is not always dire as evidened by the recent twin birth successfully in New York!)

Good luck!}}

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 84
Posted on Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 08:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you TB, the vet said that she has never seen a mare as fertlie as star she <double> In both horns at the same time.So shes always going to have twins.(gready mare)all i wont is one healthy foal lol.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stars not in foal she has fluid instead of a pregnancy vet flushed her and gave her injection to bring her back into heat.she should be in heat by weekend so i will try to serve her up next wednesday.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2021
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a shame Mary Anne. It's not been easy getting our mare pregnant either. When I see all these horses around, I think, heck it can't be that hard, yet it has been for my mare... I wish you luck on the next breeding. Keep us informed.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2410
Posted on Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm certainly happy she's not carrying two viable twins and it's too late to pinch! That would be horrific.....sometimes things happen for the best!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 88
Posted on Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI everyone looks like stars starting to come back into heat shes hanging around with the geldings again i will be keeping a close eye on her.would this be classed as day one or would day one be when she starts to stand and lean into them
flash,pee sqwat ect. thank you all for ur help i dont wont to miss her 3rd and 5th day.xx

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2026
Posted on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good news Mary Anne, best of luck with your breeding. Are we having fun yet??? lol

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 89
Posted on Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO FUN YET .shes just following the geldings around will be keeping an eye on her hoping to serve her upon wednesday if not sooner i will post as soon as ive served her up .ANY USEFUL TIPS WELCOME THANKS.xx

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 90
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 03:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

served star up on thursday so fingers crossed . will scan in 14 days to see if prego.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2053
Posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Mary Anne. I hope you have good news to share with us in 14 days!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 91
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vet coming on wednesday 8th july to scan star .she will be either 15 days from first serving or 13 days second serving if prego im keeping my fingers crossed ,wish me luck will post on wednseday after the vet has been.
THANK YOU Marilyn xx

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2541
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary hoping that you get a good report on the 8th...fingers and toes crossed

Cjskip
Breeding Stock
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 938
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary Anne, I am really sending "single" preg. vibes your way. You deserve a nice, easy going, equine pregnancy! I'm with everyone else here who is eager to hear what the vet will have to say on Wed.

I am just now really learning a bit about these mares. I didn't understand the need to re-ultra sound, after a twin was pinched off, to be sure the twin or an undetected triplet, is not hanging around.

And since after about 60 days, it is very difficult, if impossible, to visualize the fetus or fetuses on ultra sound, there is no way to know if the mare with the twin that was pinched off, is carrying twins!

So much to know.

At least at over 60 days gestation, the chance of aborting, according to my vet, are minimal, unless of course, there is a twin lurking about in there.

Auggghhhh! It never seems to end. And my last comment below is meant for no one other than myself-

Ignorance Is Bliss, but not very smart.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 92
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 06:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THANK YOU ALL,
for your support and knowlegde xx

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 93
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI all star still not pregnant . vet says shes coming in to heat she has a folicle in her left horn which is 3cm to 3.5cm measured on scan machine so she should be ready to serve up again on friday .DO you think thats about right any help would be gratfull plz.xx mary.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 04:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sounds right to me, but I breed on a 38 mm follicle typically....but I have minis, so I am not sure the difference in size b/w minis and 'real' horses! haha! Either way, good luck with her!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 509
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gosh Maryanne...you are having a hard time of it too...we breed usually when mine get in the high 30's to 40's...so it sounds right to me too....so sorry she didn't catch for you!

Samantha
Breeding Stock
Username: Dressage_diva333

Post Number: 754
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Marianne, I try to breed in the 40's-50's, but that is with my Warmblood mares. You figure a follicle will grow around 3mm's a day (varies by mare of cours), so Friday sounds about right if she is at a 35mm right now.. thats kind of a wide range though, 30-35mm, normally vets can be more precise than that. I would say though, if she is indeed at a 35 now, then Friday would be good timing :-)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2112
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 07:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Marianne, I would love to see you post with exciting news!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 94
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you all for your replys.
my vet recones we must walk under alot of ladders
with the luck weve had this year lol.
will try to serve star up tomorrow evening and then again on saturday evening as late as possible lol.xx

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 95
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI all served star up on friday at 21.21pm then on sunday at 6pm so fingers crossed shes caught this time.

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2142
Posted on Wednesday, July 15, 2009 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope she's pregnant for you this time Mary Anne! Good luck!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 96
Posted on Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 03:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so do I.fingers crossed hey.

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 97
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HI ALL ive just had star scaned this morning and guess what shes (PREGNANT) 11-12 days and its mobile can only see one at the moment thank god, will scan again in 10 days to make sure everything is ok and that shes not having twins.
OMG SHES PREGNANT!

Kim Peavy
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 532
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HOORAY for you Mary Anne and Star...so happy for you! Kim

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2163
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YIPPPEEE!!!!!! I'm an estatic for you Mary Anne!!!! Gives me hope as well. I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!

Mary Anne, you should ultrasound in 4 days, so you can pinch one off if she has twins. Otherwise it's far more difficult to do it after the 16 days when it's attached.

Ann
Yearling
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 87
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats! Very exciting!!!!!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thank you marilyn kim and ann .
will phone my vet on monday .vet scaned star for at least 15 mins checking both horns only one concept was see and it was moblie there was also one CL she checked 3 times to make sure there was only one there .but I will still get her rechecked in 4 days to make sure .
once again thank you all.
ps. marilyn i hope all goes well for your mare and she to gets pregnant im keeping my fingers crossed for you.xx

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2164
Posted on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Mary Anne! Now I can rest easy knowing you'll recheck her. :-)

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2596
Posted on Saturday, July 25, 2009 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mary Anne! So excited for you! Wonderful news. Heaven knows the Board needs this positive pregnant vibes! Marilyn it is your time now!

mary anne higgins
Yearling

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 04:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

marilyn had star rescaned on tuesday shes not having twins only one cl and the egg still mobile
but looks the right size and shape we will scan again in 10days to make sure everything is ok.
HOW IS YOUR MARE DOING?

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2174
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 09:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is great news Mary Anne! I'm very relieved!

Uh-O will be scanned this Sunday. I'm saying mucho prayers! If she's not pregnant, we'll most likely try one more time.

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2599
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Starting to get that anxious feeling for you Marilyn....hang in there!

Mary Anne...great news!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2176
Posted on Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Me too Jan!

mary anne higgins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 101
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

me three ..keeping fingers toes and everthing else crossed for you Marilyn.lol. will check on sunday for ur post.
ps my dog has just given birth to 4 pom pups im so proud of her im now a nanna hehe.xx

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2179
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Mary Anne! Congratulations Nanna, on your new arrivals!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2601
Posted on Friday, July 31, 2009 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Mary Anne on the pups...post a pic :-)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US