SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

I read this and thought I would share.

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Abortion and Pregnancy Loss » I read this and thought I would share. « Previous Next »

Jenny P
Breeding Stock
Username: Varda

Post Number: 238
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I had so many people tell me before Star lost her foal and even after when I was heading up to pick up Hope that I sure was going to an awful lot of trouble for just a horse. I read this and felt so much better. Nice to know there are kindred spirits out there.

JUST A HORSE

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a horse," or, "that's a lot of money for just a horse".
They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent or the costs involved for "just a horse." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a horse."
Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a horse," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a horse," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a horse" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day.
If you think it's "just a horse," then you will probably understand phrases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise."
"Just a horse" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a horse" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a horse" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future.
So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a horse" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment.
"Just a horse" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day.
I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a horse" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." ~
Anonymous

Jennifer Cook
Yearling
Username: Black_opal

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 01:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That says it all!

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 302
Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 02:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jenny P,

How timely, with many on the board working their way through heartache, finiancial burdens due to their companions needs. I personal learn everyday how to be in the moment, really present in the moment from my horses and it makes life with and beyond horses so much better!

Lynn Ison
Breeding Stock
Username: Lynndi

Post Number: 472
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2007 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Love it...ty Jenny P !!!

Coetta Buckallew
Neonate
Username: Cody

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 05:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I love that poem. And it is so true. I have Lupus and a couple of other culprits and my horses sooth me on bad days. I am going to print that and hang it on my wall. Thank you, it is very well said!

Marilyn Lemke
Breeding Stock
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 125
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, that's exactly how I feel. People always ask me, why do you have horses, they're just hay burners? Or gosh, horses are alot of work, or horses are sure alot of money...

What they don't understand is, this is what makes me happy. My horses give back to me so much more than I give them... I can't explain it to people who don't have horses. They will never understand.

For me there is no other feeling in the world than to see a mare birth a foal. To watch a mare with her foal in a field. This is what makes me smile and forget about the bad day I had a work or the argument I had with my husband that day.

Sorry for going on and on. I love this poem. Thanks for sharing.

Marilyn

Tracy Smith
Weanling
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 44
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 08:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree, my husband says people that own horses have a disease because you always end up collecting more even if you don't need them but my answer to that is I wouldn't even begin to live without them. I honestly cannot imagine a life without my horses and unless you are a "horse person" you will never understand. That poem is right on.

Coetta Buckallew
Neonate
Username: Cody

Post Number: 6
Posted on Friday, August 24, 2007 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is said about the love of horses is so true. My children and some friends say they are just horses Mama, they cost you money. Well I look at my horses as my therapy and a friend. Other people like to bowl,play bingo or whatever there hobby might be. Mine is horses, and I don't walk away mad because I lost my money or I didn't win the game. I walk away content and fulfilled. If you don't have the love of horses in your blood, I guess they don't understand.

Tracy Smith
Weanling
Username: Tracys

Post Number: 45
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 12:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's what I always say, I don't go out to dinner and movies a lot. I don't get my hair professionally done, I don't buy a lot of clothes or shoes. These are all "acceptable" ways to spend money, and like you said Coetta they are also my therapy and friend. I would not be who I am without my horses.

Tracy B.
Neonate
Username: Dimples

Post Number: 8
Posted on Saturday, August 25, 2007 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Like all of you I strongly feel the same way and have also have had all the comments about costs, upkeep, etc. Therapy is my horses & I'd rather spend my hard earned money on them, any day, than on any therapist!

Laurie A Beltran
Weanling
Username: Prophecy_ranch

Post Number: 46
Posted on Sunday, August 26, 2007 - 01:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ditto!!
There has been plenty of dark moments in my life when I needed to cry my eyes out or when I needed to talk to somebody who could feel my agony or even my loneliness My friend was there and she always has been! Never judging me just loving me always...She is my horse! she is my love!She is my friend and I thank God everyday for allowing me to be part of her life in the 19 years I have had her! }

Cjskip
Weanling
Username: Cjskip

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, March 31, 2008 - 03:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great poem!! I love it. When people say to me, "I don't get it-why do you want a horse?" I say, "horses feed my soul." I know of no better way to describe it, 'till now. Thanks for sharing!

Catherine Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: Cateowen

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just read this --- WOW! That about says it. I have made copies of it for all my non-horse friends and family. Maybe it will help them understand a bit.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US