SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

I need some help!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Abortion and Pregnancy Loss » I need some help! « Previous Next »

tonya welch
Neonate
Username: Cowgirl91

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello my name is tonya and i have a similar problem. my mare is bleeding from her vaginal area and i wanted to kno what may be the problem. my grandmother thinks she may have lost her colt. but she only bleeds when she is lieing down. i was out to get her one day to take her to the grazing field. she was lieing down and she got up when i got to her. behind her there was a pool of blood and her legs and vaginal area was coverered in blood. It is also her FIRST foal. I need help. i cannot find anything info about this at all. we stalled her for awhile. please give me suggestions.
Im a lost hope

C Carner
Weanling
Username: Friesianx

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would call the vet ASAP!

Nancy McGee
Breeding Stock
Username: Ndv101

Post Number: 183
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 08:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes call the vet. Some bleeding in small amounts is normal from blood vessels bursting as foal gets into position. But if there is that much a vet needs to look at her. I hope she will be ok. Keep us posted.

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 159
Posted on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A pool of blood and no vet was called? Shame on you! Get a vet, yesterday!

tonya welch
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 03:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

im sorry..im only 14 and our vet doesnt kno alot about horses..or i would have called him a long time ago. she's gone down a little on the bleeding.thanks for your help. i may not be able to post for awhile. A LONG while. so i believe she is ok. i am definitly going to call but i dont kno if he will kno what is wrong. i will find out. thank you
i may not post for a while.

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock
Username: Editorlady

Post Number: 229
Posted on Thursday, March 29, 2007 - 06:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonya, no one's blaming you, hon. An adult has to be responsible for these things--it's not your fault. Ask your grandmother if she can find a different vet to check your mare--she needs to be seen by an equine vet to make sure she's okay. It's one thing if you lose the colt. You want to make sure you don't lose your mare, too! You were brave to ask for help here. If your grandmother doesn't know where to find an equine vet, maybe the vet you know now can help you find one. Otherwise, ask around to other people in your neighborhood who have horses. Best of luck to you, Tonya!

tonya welch
Neonate

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you guys for your help. and i tried to call the vet yesterday, and they were closed. i have been trying to call ever since. she's really special to me, and i hope that we get her back to her normal state and that everything is ok. thank you all for all of your help. i will try to keep you posted.

Nancy McGee
Breeding Stock
Username: Ndv101

Post Number: 190
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonya honey know one blames you. I am 38yrs old and still learning. Just try to keep calling your vet and see if they can come out and check her. I hope everything will be ok.

Jenny P
Breeding Stock
Username: Varda

Post Number: 135
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 07:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tonya sweety I am much older than you and things happen that you sometimes just don't know what to do about. Please continue to keep us updated. My daughter is 11 and is in love with her little mare just as you sound to be with yours. I had to do a little shopping for a vet that I completely trusted with my mare also. Like doctors some are better than others. If all else fails you can just start calling vets out of your phone book, or you can ask wherever you buy feed. Around here those guys are really clued in on who is best to call. I know our vet recommends having a professional out to check them if there is more than a few drops as soon as possible. You did wonderful coming here. These ladies have been a tremendous help to me. My mare is having her fifth foal, but it's my first and I'm continually watching her. Everyone here thinks I'm nuts and advises me to let nature just take it's course, but sweety sometimes nature needs a hand no matter how vigilant we are. I will tell you something you should do as soon as you can. Can you run out and pull her lip out enough that you can see her gums? You are looking for them to be a nice healthy pink. If they are white looking you need to find a vet in your area as soon as possible. If money is an issue there are generally people around with horses that can offer good advice. My dealings with Star have led to a large circle of people very near me who are very familiar with horses. They can be very supportive and will often come to look over your mare at no cost and then recommend a good vet to help with what you are dealing with. Don't be discouraged. I know you love your girl and are doing the best you can. Let me know about the gums. I'm crossing my fingers for you. How far along is she?

tonya welch
Neonate

Post Number: 5
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

her gums are very healthy and we found out the problem, at first we thought maybe it had been premature labor but then we caught our stallion in the act with another one of our pregnant mares and we thought that that would be the problem. the vet said that she is ok. thanks to you for all your help. she will be just fine.
thanks again to all of you.

Lori Coleman
Breeding Stock
Username: Editorlady

Post Number: 250
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 03:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's great, Tonya. Is she still pregnant then? If so, when is she due?

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US