OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
STALLIONS AT EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US

Join us on Facebook! Join us on Facebook!

Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits! horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

On 3rd breeding for the year!

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 1 » On 3rd breeding for the year! « Previous Next »

Holly A McCall
Neonate
Username: Hollym

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 02:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The mare is 11 yrs old. No fluid, clean culture, cervix looks good. She has been bred on 2 heat cycles right before ovulation & is still not pregnant. We bred her again yesturday w/a 34 & a 38 follicle & today she's at a 38 & 42 follicles. So we ordered more semen for tomorrow. This heat cycle my vet will do a lavage (sp?) after she ovulates. If she's not pregnant in 2 weeks I don't know what else to do?? Any suggestions as to why she's not getting pregnant? TIA

connie c
Neonate
Username: Connie_c

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My maiden mare took on the third try last year, also the most exspensive try. Good luck.

Holly A McCall
Neonate
Username: Hollym

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, July 16, 2006 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Connie C. It worked she took finally! Seems that the 3rd time was a charm.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 145
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 03:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Holly,

Sounds like I am walking in your shoes. Bred my mare twice by AI....things looked great as far as timing and ovulation but still on the second try we are not pregnant. Stallion was pulled for a show this weekend and will be back to breeding the first of August so that will be try 3...fingers crossed that third time is the charm. Moved my mare next to a studdy gelding so that she can have some type of romancing too....that is the only thing that has been missing. Her normal stall is extra large and not near another horse.

Terri Settle
Neonate
Username: Tls

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 05:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It took two AIs last year and 3 live covers this year before my mare came up pregnant. The breeder's vet U/S at 20 days and confirmed pregnancy. I'm terrified to go back to my regular vet at 45 days as her machine keeps telling me no baby! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 06:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Terri,

Congrats to you. I will keep my fingers crossed for you....It sounds like third time was the charm for you too!!!

Jan

Terri Settle
Neonate
Username: Tls

Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 05:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope so. I won't really relax until the follow up ultrasound. The vet in question is new at ultrasounds and not confident in his abilities to read them. We're at 32 days post breeding though and no signs of interest in the stallion. Thanks everyone for the support!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Here Today. There Today.
Here Today. There Today.
Saving Foals from FPT
Saving Foals from FPT
International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
STALLION STATION | FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US