OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
STALLIONS AT EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US

Join us on Facebook! Join us on Facebook!

Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits! horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Adheisan gone away on it's own??

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Breeding Problem Mares - Volume 1 » Adheisan gone away on it's own?? « Previous Next »

LRidgeway
Yearling
Username: Laurie

Post Number: 80
Posted on Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some of you will recall last years attempt at breeding a mare that had an adheisan across her cervex, fluid, etc...

Anyway, Last weekend (10 days ago) I noticed she had a discharge and her tail was rather icky (that's how much of a discharge she had)..my first fleeting thought was that she was in season.

This past weekend (sunday) I noticed it was still going on and my thoughts turned to infection as she's had problems in the past.

So I have a call into my Vet to make an appointment.

Background:Last year when we first 'looked' she had fluid in her uterus that when cultured came back clean (I don't recall if we checked for bacteria and yeast or just bacteria)..but the problem came from the fact that her cervex wasn't opening allowing the fluid to drain. Anyway we got her cleaned out and she eventually managed to stay clean on her own but when finally bred, didn't take and was dirty once again.

So my thoughts were to start early this year getting her cleaned up (will be trying an ET)...but I did want to wait until after I foaled (I'm due to have a baby in Feb) so that I could concentrate on what she needed but figured I would start in March.

But, then this weekend, I figured if she has an infection, It would be best to start now or at least clean her up now.

But then I thought, wait, she had an adheisan across her cervex that last year the vet had to keep poking through.

So if she does have an infection, how is it getting out? I guess it's great that she's expelling it on her own, but it seems strange that her cervex is all of a sudden working on it's own again.

Or I suppose it could be a urinary tract infection, but I don't think that's where it's coming from.

I did smell it (ugh, us horse people) and there is no smell...although when we first 'drained' her last year, although yellow/grey icky..there was no smell then either.

Anyway it's going to take a few days for the Vet to make it out, but my brain is running in circles trying to figure out what's going on.

I have no patience right now :-)

Any ideas or similar experiences?

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Here Today. There Today.
Here Today. There Today.
Saving Foals from FPT
Saving Foals from FPT
International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
STALLION STATION | FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US