Ok because of the holiday we missed her cycle, I haven't short cycled a mare in a couple of years and want to make sure I am still on the right path. I know she had a .45 folical on Tuesday and ovulated on July 4th. SO figuring by Saturday July 6th she was totally through her cycle. Now Correct me if I am wrong, but I should wait a full 7 days before I give her a shot to help insure that it works. I know some mares if you give them it too early they don't get a good cycle right? So if I wait 7 days it would be this Saturday the 13th. and she should start cycling by Monday with hopefully a good folical on tues or weds,and ovulate on thursday. Does this sound about right? I am trying to line it up so I can get a shipment of Semen in and get two insertions before the weekend.. and I have the stallions owner on stand by... Does this seem about right?
I will have a vet check her on Monday or should I tuesday. I like being on the stallions end of it better. HEE HEE
Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.
Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.Proud to be sponsored and supported by: