SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

How to promote a stallion.

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Stallion Questions » How to promote a stallion. « Previous Next »

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Jan_h

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I posted this under stallion handling but feel it is better to post it here.I have a 4 year old stallion who I have raised and raced. I will be promoting him for the first time. I had an ad made out, but I am unsure the best way to promote him, any stallion owners out there care to share their expertise?

Moderator Message:

The best way to promote him is unfortunately, not here! Our front page of the board specifically states: "Please note that it is not for commercial advertising (including but not limited to stallion advertising)". Consequently, all links to the stallion have been removed from this post and the other post on the subject, deleted.

Please, everyone feel free to discuss advertising stallions, but don't advertise them here!!

Thank you.

hedgerow pony farm
Breeding Stock
Username: Lotsofponies

Post Number: 198
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2011 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Jan,
It all depends on your budget, if you are promoting him as a race horse sire, TB or QH... Or sport horse, barrel racing or hunter jumper sire? Are you planning on shipping semen or live cover? If you have limited funds like me, I used DreamHorse.com and Equine.com to advertise my pony stallions since I can ship semen and it is a cheap way to advertise nationally. I also advertise within my state in magazines and websites and locally at feed stores, tack store, horse show and equine events.
Really good comformation and action photographs and videos are a must.
Good luck.

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am sorry I was not advertising, just seeking a critique on his conformation. I also wanted to show what the ad looked like to see if I should change something....at the same time not thinking about the rules I did read a long time ago about not advertising....not smart of me, it will not happen again. can I post a couple conformation pictures?...no ad on them I promise. Sorry Jos. : (

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 3303
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anything that draws attention to a specific stallion has to be considered advertising - and that includes posting links to photos, so I'm afraid the answer is "no".

This site is strictly dedicated to the actual reproductive process, so even allowing discussion of advertising techniques is right at the edge of the subject matter. The trouble is that once one introduces links to a stallion for whatever reason, then one has to allow it for everyone - and (a) we're not aiming to do that as it's not what we're here for; and (b) one of the free benefits that people that have supported the business by having us freeze semen or stand their stallions with us (and have therefore paid us to perform those services) suddenly becomes a free-for-all, which isn't really fair to our paying clients...

I hope you understand our reasoning (and if you want to have us freeze semen or stand your stallion for you, we'll be happy to have photos of your horse on the website!! :-)).

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I totally understand thank you so much for explaining it to me. I will not tread on this subject again. I appreciate your understanding and tack.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US