SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Stallion manners

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Stallion Questions » Stallion manners « Previous Next »

patty anderson
Neonate
Username: Trishba

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have a 4yr old pain/quarter stud that decided yesterday that he doesn't want ot have his feet trimmed. He has never behaved this way before, and is a sweetheart all the way round. Rather that turn this into a fight, I tied him up, went back later and messed with his feet, and all was ok. I don't want this kind of behavior to continue. Any ideas?

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Jos

Post Number: 10450
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He's four, it's spring, he has testicles... :-)

You will need to work with him on manners by the sound of things. Nothing outrageous, merely good handling, but all previous bets on behaviour are off as the time is ripe for there to be a change as a result of the above.

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 09:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good way of wording things Jos! I like it. Love is in the air!

E Watkins
Yearling
Username: Evie

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Jos you have a way of telling it like it is. I was so excited about the new stallion we purchased recently and how nice and "quiet" he WAS. Warm weather has made some changes in his behavior, he's a screamer now, just like all the others. Testosterone, it's a wonderful thing..lol.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 06:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sad, but true I hate to say...It's those darn girls!!!!! I know mine will show they are receptive girls any chance they get...geldings...other mares...I feel sorry for the stallion owners in the area, their horse are probably terrible when my girls are advertising!!! (and they are quite regular!!!!!)
FUN FUN FUN!!

Sandy D
Breeding Stock
Username: Sbr_appaloosas

Post Number: 171
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 08:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yup, my normally quiet stallion has turned into a screamer the last 2 weeks. There is a pretty large breeding farm about a half a block from me and I can hear THEIR stallions screaming when I'm in my pasture. It is definitely that time of the year

Pita
Nursing Foal
Username: Pita

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep it's there job,k and they know it. Stallions are A LOT of work.. especially in Spring.. You aren't going to change nature. You just have to make sure you are the boss, NO BUTTS about it!
Always assume they are going to do the worse and then they usually are ok.

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 343
Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2006 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Please never ASS_U_ME (assume) anything ! LOL... It makes a _ _ _ of U and me both .

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US