SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Is he stud horse worthy?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Stallion Questions » Is he stud horse worthy? « Previous Next »

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Jan_h

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well his pedigree is worthy and he is a racing QH and has a Speed index of 97. but am wondering is he Stud horse worthy conformationally?
He is 2 1/2 years old.

Here is his pedigree
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/howelling+corona
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/cmpsp1/IMG_9917blkW.jpg
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/cmpsp1/IMG_9936bkgW-1.jpg

(Message edited by jan_h on November 09, 2009)

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 2278
Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, I don't know a thing about QH pedigree, but I will say he's very handsome and has wonderful confirmation. I think you have a winner here!

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1043
Posted on Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks so much! That means a lot.

Beth Walker
Breeding Stock
Username: Bbhorses

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan, from the photos he definately looks like a nice stallion prospect.Pretty head on him. He has a nice length to his neck which ties in nice and high into his chest, nice withers and short back. Well balanced in the shoulders and hips. I train and show halter horses ( I have 6 World and Reserve World Champions) and I would say his conformation looks pretty correct from the pics. He is an AWESOME looking colt!

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2613
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan...look at that face...he looks like he is saying "Like what you see..ya..I'm a STUD" :-) He is beautiful. Has he run race yet? This is Jasper right?

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks both of you, yes he has run 3 races, his next race is the 19th of this month. I hope to break his maiden then. He has a 97 speed index.
He was a late baby, so by the time he was ready to run, all the schooling races were done so he had to school himself by maiden races, he has not come in less then 5th place his last race he was 4th, the winner of that race had a 106 Speed index!
I hope to keep him a stud and once he stops racing put him out to stud, he is so easy to handle for a stud colt. such a sweety. Thank you so much for your opinions it means so much!

Ann
Breeding Stock
Username: Northernperch

Post Number: 134
Posted on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 09:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He sure is pretty.

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1045
Posted on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 04:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ann

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1054
Posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Jasper broke his maiden with a 89 Speed index, with a headwind of 11 miles an hour, he was awesome, it finally clicked in his head what to do. He was very competitive on this race, was 2nd out of the box and was #2 horse until the end when he gave it one last kick of speed and ran down the number 1 horse for the win!

Here is a link to his win picture
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/cmpsp1/Howelling_Corona_win_picture.jpg

Jan Owen
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 2615
Posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 01:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YaHoo!....Way to go Jasper! He looks Wonderful! What a proud moment for you Jan! So happy for you! You made my day!

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2286
Posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is so cool, it gave me goosebumps! I'm really excited for you!!!

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 693
Posted on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jan,

:-) How are you doing?? Jasper looks phenominal. Time sure has gone by!

I am no racing guru, but by gosh he sure looks to have the stuff. His stucture is very correct.
How tall is he now?

What are your future racing plans for him?
Take care,
Heather

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 01:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Heather!!!!! Long time no see, Jasper is 16'1 hands at 2 years 8 months old.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/cmpsp1/IMG_9919bkgW.jpg

He is currently in Oklahoma at my trainers ranch where he is coming down from racing but the trainer will keep putting him on the hot walker and doing round pen work with him to keep him in condition, he will then after a 4 month lay up go to Remington Park in March then he will race there in April. How are your two magnificent boys doing? They are both gorgeous boys Gracie had. Got any new pictures of them?

(Message edited by jan_h on December 06, 2009)

(Message edited by jan_h on December 06, 2009)

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

lets try this link
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/cmpsp1/IMG_9919bkgW.jpg

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 694
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 01:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jan :-)

It is fabulous to talk with you again. I am SO pleased for you and Jasper!
Can I say "I told you so" on his heighth now?? I KNEW he'd grow to be BIG!!
He has done well and you've got to be proud :-). Remind me, where is Remington Park? And when will you be coming down to Sam Houston??
Jasper is a great deal more lovely than the majority of racehorses I see down here. His quality radiates.
Do you still have your beautiful paint mare??

The horses here are all doing fine. I have Buddy, Charlie, and Roux.
Charlie was sold as a weanling. I re-purchased him back last year when he fell into less than stellar conditions. Unsure at this point if he will stay or sold.

Buddy is doing well. His training is slow as he is huge! Roux, was Grace's only filly and the one left behind. Not sure what the future holds for her, but I'm keeping her!
Here are some pics from this summer:
Buddy: [IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/HeatherCK11/IMG_4758-1.jpg[/IMG]
btw...that is a 6 ft. tall round pen
Charlie:
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/HeatherCK11/Charlie2/IMG_4834-1.jpg[/IMG]
Roux:
[IMG]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/HeatherCK11/Roux/IMG_4879-4.jpg[/IMG]

Ok, goodnight for now. Take care and we will talk soon. Lots of hugs Jan :-)
Heather

Marilyn Lemke
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 2292
Posted on Monday, December 07, 2009 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both your horses are absolutely gorgeous!!! I'm not worthy. lol... Great job with your breeding program. You've done yourself proud!

Jan H
Senior Stallion or Mare

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heather, Gracie was the most amazing broodmare! and of course friend. Her offspring are amazing! Everyone are gorgeous and exude quality and style!
Jasper raced at Sam Houston in July and August, then ran at Lone Star in Nov where he broke his maiden, He will race at Remington in Apr-Jun then to Sam Houston July-Sept.

And yes you can say you told me so...Because yes you did tell me so LOL He is going to top out at around 16'2 or 16'3 (not many Racing QH Stallions are that tall) Big advantage if he races well then goes out to stud.

I no longer Have Checota My paint mare....I had a wonderful woman buy her and is doing HUS with her, from what I hear she is doing well. I sure do miss her. :-( I just did not have the time to put into her training sadly enough.

I have loved Buddy in like forever! and I love Charlie too! and what a looker Roux is, I bet they have amazing movement! They are gorgeous!
Remington Park is located in Oklahoma City! I miss you. Keep in touch! It is such a pleasure seeing everyone again, I do not have any bred mares, but plan on breeding Jaspers Dam again to the same stallion (Hoping for a filly this time). :-) Take care and Marilyn thank you for your kind words, It is so great to see you again as well (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))) to you both!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US