SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Stallion owners - best advertisement? Suggestions

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Stallion Questions » Stallion owners - best advertisement? Suggestions « Previous Next »

Robin
Breeding Stock
Username: 1horselady

Post Number: 125
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hope I can ask this with out taking "secrets" away from anyone. For i don't want to step on toes, some people could see this as a touchy question.

I have been asked to help out with the management of a up and coming stallion. I will be managing the day to day administrative work for him and his get. Things like updating and organizing performance records, show management, advertising and marketing and so on.
In the last year we have advertized him in some reputable magazines and a little bit on line. The time has come again to submit and renew ads to be published for next years breeding season.

He is a Dutch Warmblood registered OLD/NA and SWANA.

<snipped by the management>

Any tips and tricks would be helpful, or general opinions of this process would be interesting to hear.

thanks!

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2458
Posted on Thursday, July 09, 2009 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too am very impressed with the website...and believe you are absolutely the right person to promote this stallion! Good job! My only advice would be to get his name and picture out there everywhere you can!! Search various organizations, and use their websites!! Advertise anywhere stud listings are offered! You can surely advertise him thru the OLD/NA and SWANA....

Jos
Board Administrator
Username: Admin

Post Number: 2538
Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Unfortunately, while discussion of where to promote a stallion, and even how to promote a stallion is fine, promotion of stallions here isn't. Consequently, we have removed the details pertinent to specifics.

We have such a huge number of threads here - and the emphasis is meant to be on the technical aspects of equine reproduction - that if we open the door to advertising, and promotion of specific stallions, then we're going to run out of room.

So, please feel free to discuss promotion, but don't promote here.

Thanks.

Diana Gilger
Senior Stallion or Mare
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 2461
Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 01:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah ha! Good thinkin'....sorry jos!

Robin
Breeding Stock
Username: 1horselady

Post Number: 128
Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh I am so sorry Jos, i was not realizing I was doing. that.
I would love to continue this discussion in a more generalized seance, not specific to this stallion. But possibly specific to sport horse stallions.

Christi Christofferson
Breeding Stock
Username: Cchristofferson

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bump

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US