Wanted to say hello and ask a question. My 4yr old stud spiked a 106 temp. I know YIKES! Anyhow, caught it and brought temp down ASAP with NSAIDS. He is doing well now. He covered a mare the morning of the night he spiked the temp. She was in very good standing heat for him. Now the question is, do I cover her again- assuming that his semen quality is poor. Or do I have her u/s today. If she hasn't ovulated should I cover her again? Not sure what to do...Thanks for all your help. B
The mare was covered the day the stallion spiked the temp. Sat, she was u/s today and has ovulated. So, I guess we have to keep our fingers crossed and wait the 14days till the next check. Yes, his temp was indeed 106.
Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.
Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.Proud to be sponsored and supported by: