SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Good business?

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Stallion Questions » Good business? « Previous Next »

Mary Blanford
Neonate
Username: Devo1

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, May 15, 2007 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I wanted to ask stallion owners what they think I should do. I called, faxed and emailed a stallion owner for five days and got no reply. finally I gave up and ordered frozen semen from another supplier. The stallion then calls at 5pm and says she was out of town auditing a clinic in the middle of breeding season! I would like my stud fee back she can keep the booking fee. My vet does not want to work with her. The registry won't help. It cost me an additional $3000. What would you do

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock
Username: Razmacat

Post Number: 232
Posted on Wednesday, May 16, 2007 - 09:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What does your contract read? Is it live foal guaranteed? See in my breed you do not pay the fee until a live foal is produced.

Hope
Weanling
Username: Hope26us

Post Number: 43
Posted on Saturday, May 19, 2007 - 05:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As a stallion owner, if I was out of town, I would have made arrangements to have somoene take my horse to the vet to have him collected. All the mare owners I am breeding to have my cellphone number, but I also ask mare owners to give me a 4 hour notice if at all possible so I can be ready. But if this was me, I would have given back your money. a LFG has nothing to do with the stallion owner just not being around, thats just her not taking her job serious.

Tina Todd
Neonate
Username: Tina_todd

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2007 - 04:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been trying to reach two other stallion owners , this is just for more information on two particular stallions. One breeding farm has been absolutely wonderful with their correspondence, not so true for the other two. How much time would someone give a stallion owner to respond with answers and information? Maybe I'm being too impatient, always possible but I too run a business in the horse industry and my husbands students certainly wouldn't think much of me or the business if I didn't get back to them within a day for scheduling issues or booking in horses for training, whatever the case may be. Any thoughts?

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 329
Posted on Friday, August 03, 2007 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You have to think, the correspondance will always be the same. If they are bad about getting back to you, that will continue into breeding season. I give farms, hours, not days to return my call.

Tina Todd
Nursing Foal
Username: Tina_todd

Post Number: 11
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 09:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Cathy, my thoughts and yours are along the very same lines. I appreciate your input a great deal! With that being said, I still haven't heard back from one stallion owner and it has been 3 days; strike them off the list.

cathy Cook
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 348
Posted on Saturday, August 04, 2007 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You are welcome, because imagine you have a mare who has got to have sperm by the weekend and you call and call and nothing and you miss that heat and a potential foal!

Jen
Weanling
Username: Jens

Post Number: 28
Posted on Tuesday, September 18, 2007 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm with Cathy, I'd try to get as much back from her as possible. She blew the deal not you. There should have been arrangements made on her end.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US