SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Horse race to foaling on April 1st

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » General Mare Questions - Volume 1 » Horse race to foaling on April 1st « Previous Next »

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock
Username: Katheekj

Post Number: 225
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 08:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I started this because we have so many mares potentially ready to foal this weekend - 4 that I know of and who knows how many that are readers and not posters.

I have a horse cam and have been watching Dream for a couple months (maiden 336 days)...the cam has the fish tank effect on me and I can't help myself. Anyway, she is really restless tonight. She has walked all over her stall, looked in the feed bucket, the water bucket, the hay rack (all full), shifting from one leg to the other, leaning on the wall, laying down on her side and then flat out all in the course of 15 minutes. Could it be tonight...

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling
Username: Ryu2832

Post Number: 36
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruby was cribbing on the fence when I came home tonight, I have never seen her do this before. She was tossing her head and doing lttle kicks with her hind feet--I thought oh boy here we go! Action action action!--then she went to eating her supper like no big thing.

I begin to think I am not going escape with my sanity intact.

She was so muddy from rolling today, she had caked lumps between her teats. I said a prayer and cleaned her out. She is very sensitive down there.

How is Dream doing on other signs? I guess the scarlet vulva is a pretty good one.

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 37
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just read your last post on the other thread. Sounds like Dream and Ruby are right at the same place!

I had the dried blood on the vulva this morning.

I'm going out for Ruby's second supper right now, and will take more pics. So cool to have company!

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling
Username: Rolling_hills_quarter_horses

Post Number: 78
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Approaching day 354 (tomorrow) and no real changes... this mare did this to me before but went at 349 (colt). I am wondering if she is like my other mare and didn't read the memo about colts going longer than fillies. My friend called me the other day to say... well she probably is cooking something extra special for ya. One can only hope! I probably will call the vet out in a week if she doesn't go!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dream is still very restless, but she happens to be eating like a pig right now. She can not decide if she wants the feed or hay and keeps switching back and forth. I really think she is starting to feel changes and doesn't know what to do with them. She is clearly uncomfortable. I have an alarm set just to check in on her around midnight.

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I took a couple of pics of Ruby tonight. No real changes from yesterday, she is pigging out right now as well.

http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h297/ryu2832/?sc=3

Shelley Graham
Neonate
Username: Shelley

Post Number: 10
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 07:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone...I'll enter this race, but don't think I have a chance! Sassy is 353, has a large udder, but doesn't seem uncomfortable at all.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock
Username: Kris

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 07:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Tsaharah made no udder changes last night, still no wax and still cannot get aything out. She is still as big as a housr!!!!!!!! but her vulva is a bit redder this morning, and I think sensitive too, normally she does not mind me looking, but today she hated it. She had a rough beginning to last night, she was looking like she wanted to do something, tail straight up in the air and rocking backward, and shifting hinds, then she started digging through her straw, about the time i thought boy i better watch her good tonight it started to storm and she was scared! I though she was going to jump the gate! She is still not too used to being alone, does ok normally but but first time alone in a storm she did not like, (sounds like she may get used to it hough, 4 out of the next 5 days it is supposed to storm...sooo.) and nothing from that point on. SO WE ARE STILL WAITING>>>April 1st is looking like a no go here...unless she starts doing something.
hopefully hte rest of your mares do something!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 229
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I checked on Dream at midnight and she wasn't nearly as restless. Checked on her at 3:00 and she was awake, but resting. I am glad I did not let her trick me into an all nighter. I am watching a 20 month old (human)all day tomorrow. I figure Dream will have it tonight causing me to watch the human baby on no sleep and also not be able to play with the horse baby the way I will want to!
Look at the udder thread - I have posted a pic showing what she is expressing. Looks like water.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 491
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kathee- cant find the pic there.
I just checked on "T", she was laying down, of course when i got closer to her to just observe she got up...darn i thought MAYBE!!!
her udder actually looks smaller today...maybe because she ran around all night from the storm.
another day....or maybe two or three. or a week or too!!!!!!!!!!!!!UGH!!!

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 81
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No baby still... Maggie needs to get it on... she is such a silent mare in a lot of ways about when she delivers... thus why I have been sleeping in the barn every night still.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock
Username: Evie

Post Number: 372
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No foal here either, but Avery is working on it..she was up and down since 3 this morning and now there is a lump on either side of her her spine about 2/3 of the way back her hips.. I'm thinking FEET !!! Poor girl is miserable, but hopefully not for much longer! I just hope she holds out till tonight so that I can be there.. in case you can't tell, I'm VERY excited!!!

Ashley Beavens
Neonate
Username: Bearcreekfarm

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello to all ya,
I will also jion the race. A horse that I happened to buy in June had turned out to be pregnant so on an almost exact date to know when she'll foal, I am lost?? From all of the great little tips that I have read about I thought for sure last night, but today her bag is getting huge and right know she is standing by the gate, not eating!!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 237
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow - they are coming out of the woodwork!

Ev - we can feel your excitment. I've never heard to the lumps before - that's awesome!

I just came in from grooming my girl so she will at least look good even if she feels rotten. I am not used to seeing her this docile. She is my horse that all rules are created for such as the double lock on the feed room, the electric wire around the fence, the industrial streght bolts holding the feed buckets in place, etc. I'm not used to seeing her so well behaved, but I hate that she feels so blah.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 495
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

huh...mine is opposite, she is usally a nice girl...not now, sh has chewed through the powder coating on the gate!!!! and now she is working on hte ply wood.
She is eating her straw...WHY IS THAT???????
Ev- yayyyy! Hopefully new baby by am!!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 378
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee, me either, but I was just running my hand over her hips this morning talking to her and looking at her udder when I discovered the hard area.. with a little further exploration, I'd say they are definatley hooves in position to make their entrance into the world!! How LONG it will take, is anyone's guess.. but I think we are really close!
Kris, mine are eating the straw too, they like it and Sage cannot seem to get enough to eat.. she's getting about 9 flakes of hay a day and 16 pounds of grain.. and she's STILL eating the straw! Cisco must be draining her!

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 40
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris and E--sounds close, good luck tonight.

Ruby is still doing the head bob, little kicks thing tonight. She felt kind of hot tonight, but it was pretty warm today. I spoke with my dad this evening, and he said he saw her kick at her belly--yeah!

I know cribbing releases endorphins, maybe they are trying to eleviate some discomfort.

Ruby has been eating straw the past two days too. She has plenty of hay, alfalfa cubes, and Strategy left. I wonder if it is some kind of nesting behavior?

I separated her from her paddock buddy this morning, they are just across the fence from each other. I think the non-preggo mare is just too active for Ruby right now. Ruby slept most of the day.

Godd luck everyone! ((((Healthy Foal Vibes!))))

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 500
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 08:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tsaharah isnt real interested in her hay, she would rather eat straw!
tonight udder very warm and soft to the touch, but still full. no waxing, nothing coming out. her hind end is ultra soft, vulva long and pushed out.
tail stands up adn off to the side, she cannot put it down no matter how hard she tries!

Kim k
Breeding Stock
Username: Kimk

Post Number: 538
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last year I had both my foals born on the first of april and then the second of april ! Good luck everyone! Mine were within about 30 hours of each other. Good vibes going on !

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 244
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Dream is sound asleep right now. I will do the midnight check on her, but she looks pretty comfy right now.

Cconner
Neonate
Username: Cconner

Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, I guess I will join in too instead of just reading everyone elses. Patti is 334 days today but I'm pretty sure I have a few days left. Her abdomen is dropped, croup is very soft, vulva is relaxing ALOT, and her bag is finally staying full like it should. However, her nipples are just now starting fill out completely, no wax or milk dripping. Hopefully soon, but I'm afraid not soon enough. Good luck everyone!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 246
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have alot of horses in this race. I hope it is not an endurance race!

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 42
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruby is still pretty restless. Her last manure was losing shape.

I was going to do my usual checks, but she gave me the 'get out' look so I just refilled water buckets and left.

We've got a really good series of thunderstorms coming through tonight, that could be why she's restless.

I keep reminding myself that she's not even to day 340 yet, but I can't seem to help myself.

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well Maggie is not showing any obvious signs... I am giving up on guessing but my feeling is in the next 48 hrs.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 503
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 06:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i agree with Kathee, im not sure i can hang with an indurance run!
she was VERY quiet all night! frustrating!
when the sun comes up we will see if we progressed at all.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 383
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, apparently, Avery believes it's an endurance race.. she's STILL holding out. (the good thing is, she's SO miserable she cannot stand still now) maybe I'll have an April fools baby too.. Peppy is just standing in her stall, she hardly moves, her legs are getting very swollen, I think Charles will take her out and make her exercise a little today to see if he can get the swelling down a little bit.

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 43
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ruby seems to be in for the full ride at least. She was restless all night lots of tail lifting and wide legged stances. She was doing a fair bit of rolling this morning when I let her out.

The flesh around her croup is total pudding now. Her normally ample booty is very saggy.

Poor Peppy, I hope she feels better after a walk.

Hopefully soon, I'm glad I just have one this year.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 247
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dream had a quiet uneventful night. Her udder is large this AM. Not just the bag, but above it and in front of it. Her glands are really going at it. It looks painful! She ate fine. No other major signs. She has changed some shape around her tail bone, not much. She is normally very "robust" in the rear and now she has some dips. She was in excellent muscular shape pre pregnancy and she is really soft by the tail now.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 385
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

it sounds like we are all still waiting, somebody needs to bust loose and drop a baby to get things going !!! I'm really glad it's the weekend, I just hate coming to work and fearing Ave will deliver when I'm gone and have trouble. Normally, hubby is home, but he's off to get a load of hay this morning and won't be back till about chore time ( 2 p.m.) She's been pretty consistant about laying down around 3 in the morning, I have a feeling when she DOES foal, it will be around that time. (at this point though, I've given up guessing)

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 504
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YEP ANOTHER BORING NIGHT HERE TOO! SHE ATE HAY ALL NIGHT...TAIL RAISING AND DANCING WITH HER HINDS (BUT SHES BEEN DOING THAT FOR MONTHS I SWEAR!) IF HER FLANK TO TAIL AREA GETS MUCH SOFTER YOU WILL SEE EACH AND EVERY BONE! SHE HAS NO MUSCLES LEFT, THEY HAVE TURNED INTO JELLO, AN A LOT OF FOAL MOVEMENT AT HTE TOP OF HER RUMP, BUT NOT AS FAR BACK AS HER TAIL, AND UDDER IS JUST A BOUNCING WHEN IT MOVES TOO.
SHE DID ACTUALLY LAY AND ROLL THIS MORNING, I WATCHED HER DO IT, POOR THING...THAT LOOKED UNCOMFORTABLE! AND THE WORST PART ABOUT IT IS IT TOOK HER 3 YES 3 TRIES TO GET BACK STANDING ON HER FEET!!!!!
OBVIOUSLY SHE FEELS ITS AN ENDURANCE RACE TOO,. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO INFORM HER WE CHANGED IT TO A SPRINT!!!
NO UDDER CHANGES THIS AM! ILL CHECK AGAIN LATER...HOPEFULLY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 01:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL, Kris, you think that information will help her ? it won't affect Avery, she's lazy and will be more than content to finish dead last! Haven't heard from hubby yet, he was supposed to check them when he got home with the hay. I may be in jail tomorrow because I plan to choke him for making me worry !!!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TOO FUNNY...MAYBE HE IS BUSY HELPING DELIVER 2 FOALS!!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 390
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NOPE, I just heard from him, nothing has changed, he was just unloading hay and eating pizza with a couple of our boarders. ($*#%*%T) I don't just think I'm going to choke him, I'm sure of it now. I'm heading out of here for the weekend, hope to have photos to share with you all on Monday! Have a good one and here's wishing we ALL have babies by the first of the week. Ev.

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 45
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 02:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll tell Ruby it's a race. She's an ex-racer and just HATES to not come in first.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 509
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KATHEE AND EVERYONE>>>well somethings going on with her, she let me brush her EVERYWHERE!!! whoa, so i did, even her huge area of edema that takes up her entire lower belly! and the hair is just falling off her today! so i took advantage of her niceness and tried "milking" her and WOOHOO!!!! I got something!!!!!!!!! a thin yellow very sticky liquid!!! thats stage 3 and thats only 3 stages from the real stuff!!!! YES! were getting soewhere. and she is even fuller!!!
she is also a different shape than this am, i wouldnt call her "slab"sided, but not nearly as wide as she was, if yo are right behind her her belly is gone, but if you back up 15 feet she only has a bit on both sides, no more than the fat pasture horses!(yes she is also fat).
her sides are flat, bit pointd at the bottom of her rib cage. (its raining out or i would take a picture. maybe if it stops i will)
I AM JUST SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!maybe theres hope for hte weekend afterall!

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris sounds like she has achieved 'Dropped Foal' position. Yeah, she is making progress!

I am taking the next week off work to sit and stare at my mare. I hope she does something!

Karen M. Whitaker
Neonate
Username: Karenw

Post Number: 5
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello everyone! I just thought I'd share this since you all are waiting for April 1st babies - my horse, Layla, was born on April 1st. She'll be sweet 16 this year! She was bred kind of late last year, so we have several more months to wait, but good luck everyone! I love this website - it's so much fun to read........

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock
Username: Raven

Post Number: 170
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 07:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris I suppose you did tell T the race was changed to a sprint. She all of a sudden decided to get with it and produce some milk production. You still have a very good chance of a weekend foal???? At the rate she is progressing it is a fine line between T and Dream now!
Good luck to the both of you and your mares

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - if you can't see her sides when you stand behind her I would love to know what she DID with all that baby! The middle of her stomach must be on the ground.

Going out to brush Dream in a minute so she can look good for her pics with new baby (power of positive thinking).

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 255
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 09:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PS - my childhood horse was born on April 1...that would be a great sentimental bonus for me!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 511
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee-
im not sure, like I said directly behind her you cant see it, but back aways it is there a little. I did get out and take pictures, i am downloading right now, ill post as soon as they are done! checked on her tonight, she was laying down, of course she got up, but her side was all wet where she was biting it...yeahhh!!!!
you know her stomach is low, but it seems really full down low but not as pointy as it was...WIERD thats all i can say!
well ill get pics on asap

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 515
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

raven- hopefully this weekend! another low pressure system coming in overnight tomarrow...well see if it works!
heres this evenigs pics. her udder shot is a different angle so it doesnt look as impressive, but it is actulally fuller foward and back between her hind legs than yesterday. well see what morning brings!!!!
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/101_6155.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/101_6231.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/101_6230.jpg[/IMG]
see how lumpy her lower belly is...YUCK>>>OUCH!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 257
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check out the new pics on the udders thread. I am so excited!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - she looks like she is saying yuck! Are the lumps edema?

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 259
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dream is currently in the middle of a yawn fest. 12 in a row since I started counting.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 173
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The foal has full moved into the birthing position now. That is why you can no longer see it from behind sticking out the sides. Lumps are probably its feet. Lots of progress in the right direction quickly!!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 261
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, yeah! It's a girl! (sorry Jan) Black and white tobiano - big girl - 2:36 AM - saw it all and was right in the middle of it! Will give details soon...working on nursing situation. Foal tall...teats small...sore bag...getting better.

Deena
Breeding Stock
Username: Morganslil1

Post Number: 294
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 08:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee congradulations .

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 85
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We made it! 3:30 AM LARGE Black colt! He has nursed, pooped, her placenta has passed and well he just doesn't want to sleep! He is too busy exploring its the cutest thing! I will post pics later... Wahooo no April fools joke here! Oh and foal watch is finally over till July! Sleep... YES!

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 86
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are a couple of pics more to follow in the coming days!{http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/islandhorses/04-01-06Introduction.jpg}
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i56/islandhorses/04-01-06MaggiesColt.jpg

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 262
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danielle - he is beautiful! Two little foolish babies in one night! Will post my pics soon, too!

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 295
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

danielle congradulations hes a little doll.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 263
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a rush that was! Dream could have written the book on signs. I was re-reading the final signs and watching her act them out on the monitor...it was like she had the script. I woke up my faithful 10 yr old mare stare partner (daughter) and husband and we went to the barn at 2:00 am and she was born at 2:26 AM. We had to break the bag so I am very glad we were there! I have a complete photo play by play of the birth. The baby is all legs and took many, many times to figure them out. We finally offered some support for her to lean on us until she caught her balance. Then she couldn't get the nursing thing down. She is tall and couldn't get the head under and attach to Dream's teat that still wasn't completely extended. Consulted Blessed are the Broodmares several times and when she had not nursed 3 hours after birth, called the breeder who was there in 20 minutes. It took three of us to get the nervous first time mother with the sore udders to stand long engough for the uncoordinated clueless foal to get hooked up. One and half hours later, the baby was nursing independently and mom was standing fine. What a rush! Here are a couple early pics.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/katheekj/?action=view&current=Momandbabyl ayingdown.jpg
She was black when she was wet. Now she is a mouse grey and white. The breeder told me after 13 years of seeing this stud's babies she can guarantee that the brown will shed to jet black and she will look like her daddy - which is exactly what I ordered!

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 297
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She looks good kathee congradulations now try to catch up on some sleep...A well deserved rest.

SANDY WEIDEMAN
Neonate
Username: Codiie

Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maybe I can join, but I still have anywhere from 15 to 30 days to go.. I have 2 arab mares in foal, a mother and daughter... Mother was breed 2 different times, so her due dates are 4/9 or 4/25 and daughters due date is 4/15.. thats the 330 days for them.. Mother has foaled for me 3 times and has always foaled around 330-332 days.. daughter is a 6yr old maiden so who knows with her.. Mother is a bay and daugher is a black, both were bred to my chestnut stallion... any guess' on color.. The black only has 2 other blacks in her pedigree.. hergrandsire was a black from 2 bays.. then her sire was a chestnut/black combonation.. so who knows.. both mares are bagging nicely, soft over rump and very longated vulvas... daughter wants to be loved on all the time, mother wants to be only touched from withers up... very different with their mood changes right now...
Kathee and Danielle, congrats on the babies...

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock
Username: Clafairy

Post Number: 264
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah wow- Two on on Apr 1st - Well done guys.. : )

They are both lovely looking foals - Kathee, cant wait to see some more of yours when shes up and about.... COngratulations to you both!!!!

Danielle Roosen-Runge
Yearling

Post Number: 87
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulations to you as well Kathee! Your filly could shed off Gray too depending on the dominance of the Gray gene!

He will be named Joker fitting I think given the day he was born!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 264
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a great name! Ours is Dream Catcher which is one of the few pre determined names I have given. Mom is Sweet Dreams. A little masculine, but we will call her Catcher.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 516
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WELL GUYS CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! YOU WIN!!!! THEY ARE BOTH ADORABLE, AND I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!!
Kathee- i love her irregular mark over her hips, that is so cool!
Danielle- Joker that is funny, just so he dont follow his name...:-)
NOTHING here...bag REAL full this morning, took her for a walk, she shook her head the whole time, turned her out to pasture for a while she rolled and has been grazing, checked her udder and it is shrunk...GRRRR!!!!! I was so hoping for a foal by tonight!!! and i just dont think it will happen! i did express this am, same as yesterday. i guess the only change is her vulva has lost all its wrinkles. so there was a change.
kathee and daniell, i know ours were right hte same but exactly what dates were your mares bred? and where do you live? are they under

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 48
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Danielle and Kathee Congratulations! I'm so happy foals and mares are healthy.

I really thought Ruby was going to go last night. She was hot and trembling last night about 6pm when I chored, kicking and looking at her sides. Vulva long, pushed out and wet with mucus. She is sagging so much now that there is a dip between her ribcage and her loin, not just in the croup.

I wonder if I didn't interrupt her and she put it off. Her previous owner said she is a shy mare. She spent most of the night laying down and getting up, and she does not ever lay down in the stall.

I expressed some 'milk' and it has lost any yellow color, and is definately looking skim milk-ish.

She's been sleeping most of the day flat out on her side.

Sigh. I suppose I can't be too disappionted she is day 340 today. Another sleepless night...

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 266
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She was bred the week of 4/25, we live on the Gulf Coast in Alabama and they are not under lights.

When was T bred?

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 300
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sharon sounds like yall are close.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 517
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

she had an extremely long cycle, 4/14 through 4/28, but 4/28 was not willingly, so last day bred of standing heat was 4/26.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 177
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee and Danielle - you both have very beautiful foals on the ground. I'm jealous that you have a filly.But excited that you have your sentmental foal.

Kris you still have a few hours left of today?? I would maybe say watch for T to be yawning alot. That does seem to be an indication of close foaling. Remember the weekend is not over yet

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 519
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 09:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Raven- she has been yawning for 3 days!!! so not too good of an indication for her! :-(
checked her tonight, no real change, same as yesterday! she is eating tonight like a pig as usual! seems to be her thing the past few days.
her but is really saggin! around her tail, her whole croup area. so iguess that is a change, and vulva is wrinkle free (when she is relaxed, when she thinks im not looking or standing behid her otherwise she tucks it up...or tries!)
i know the weekend is not over...but without major signs im just feeling hopeless...shes not waxed either...however milks out easier. i checked that then took pictures, when i looked at the picture what i thought was clear yellow, one teat appeared milky...but may just have been the picture...so we will see, because last 2 foals hte night she changed to milky she foaled..but i really dont feel she will tonight anyway!
well enough of my ramblin (nervous habit). ill keep you posted if anything changes!!!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 271
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - When Dream was in labor, she was yawing, but not like she did before. Before she might yawn 5 or 6 times back to back. When she was in labor, it was more like 12 times in a row or more. Dream was eating like pregnant normal until and then switched to picking. She would not pace, but she walked the stall grabbing a bite of hay, a mouthful of food, sniffing the water bucket. She did this for 30 or 40 minutes before she started side biting and the other signs.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 522
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thought she was gonna do it last night...yaned did circles, walked over to the wall, peed, turned backed up, hung her head and panted, not fast, jsut deep long breaths in and out, she would lift her tail and strain like she was going to drop a load, then she stretch her neck out, she did this for about 30 minutes, i actually started preparing to go out, then she stopped, then she layed down and slept for 30 minutes, got up adn ate hay!!! i looked at her this am, udder bigger, still yellow watery fluid. no other changes, so i figured i was safe to go to church and shopping all day. got home about 5 hours later, her udder is so hard its hard to even get a teat, but teats still flat, still same fluid, but now her hind legs are beginnig to swell. one worse than the other. the bigger one she wont even let me grab, it must hurt.
she has been inher pen all day, its only 38 degrees and raining all day, and the yard is up to the hocks in mud from the frost coming out and all the rain. that may be why her udder is bigger and legs swollen. i dont know anymore, i thought for sure by this evening!!! now she may as well wait till wednesday and have it on my daughters 13th birthday!
anyway...so i am still waiting!!!!!!!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 278
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - that sounds like what Dream was doing before she actually had the contractions. Maybe she is just "turning it off' for some reason. At least if she is controling it, she can't hold out much longer - sounds like that baby is ready even if she isn't. Hang in there!

Hey - did you see Jan K's pregnant pony? She is bigger than your girl!

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 186
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 05:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris I feel for you. Like Kathee said she cannot hold off for ever!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 524
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 07:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no kidding!!! i saw that and OMG what was it bred to???? wow, that is huge!!!
well nothing last night...she layed doena and slept alot, everytime i checked her she was laying down.
every day that goes by i know that the following night will be a "less sleep" night, and with this time change i am feelingit today!!!
have not been out yet this am...will here in about 15 minutes...will let you know of any changes.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 525
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh i forgot to say, just by looking out the window at her i can see that her belly is lower, maybe a bit more pointy too...ill have to take a closer inspection!!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 393
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee & Danielle CONGRATS!!! what pretty babies.. and a girl.. oh am I jealous!!

Avery is the looser, she's still rotund and miseable.. I'm certain she's having a moose now.. not a foal. (and given the odds, I'm afraid it's going to be another colt!!)
Peppy foaled at 2 am this morning, ANOTHER boy, he looks silvery bay, not sure if he'll roan like his father, but he may well. Photos tomorrow, I was too tired to care about taking any last night.
Kris- we are going to be the last ones to get our babies!!!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 284
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev and Kris - sounds like the moose and the elephant have their own race. By the way Kris, I think elephants have a gestation closer to 24 months.........

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 529
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ev i think so!!
ummm 24 months...I DONT THINK SO KATHEE!!!!!!!!!
nice try...

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 396
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Kathee... that must be what it is.. that breeder switched from a stallion to an elephant, it's a new experiment in cross breeding !!!
Kris- I KNOW I've said this before.. but I REALLY think Avery is getting close..LOL. I counted back again and by her last cover she is a minimum of 340 days now..not really over due, till you realize she started getting an udder the first of Feb. Surely she'll foal this week..I'm just hoping the end result is WELL worth all the waiting !

SDS
Yearling
Username: Whisper05

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats to Kathee, Danielle on your new babies.

Lea is waxed over this morning and not eating a whole lot today just basking in the sunshine... could be soon but she is between 325-329 days depending on which day she actually got bred,everything looks good so far.
Paula however has been showing the pointed belly for a week now, bag getting fuller by the day, no other signs, she is between 323-328 days.
Mare and filly update, little Mala is a week old today and is having a ball running around out in the sun,she is growing so fast.She is very friendly and so very curious.
Hope every one had a nice weekend.

Cconner
Neonate

Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

congrats to everyone who has babies, I'm very jealous. Patti is still holding out on me. Her udder is absolutely HUGE and hard as a rock but I don't feel like she is going to foal for at least a couple of days. She is now 338 days so I'm just waiting out the game with her. Anyways good luck to all waiting on babies and I hope to have some good news to you all soon!

PS: Patti is a grulla bred to a grulla so I'm hoping for a grulla stud colt. Maybe soon I can get some pics taken of her and put them on here if I can figure it out.

Shelley Graham
Nursing Foal
Username: Shelley

Post Number: 16
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm soooooo jealous of everyone whose mare has foaled on or around day 340....My mare is 358 today and shows no signs that foaling is near. She's had a nice udder for a few weeks now, and a tiny bit of fluid can be expressed....but isn't relestless at all and seems too comfortable to be close to foaling. I'm a basketcase! I worry about 'why' she is going so long and will the delivery be difficult as a result???

SDS
Yearling

Post Number: 56
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Its A Boy!!!!, Lea foaled a colt this morning,both mom and colt are doing fine, everything was normal from what I could tell I wasnt able to attend this one,she fooled me LOL.Colt has a comma for a star and 3 socks,the cutest little thing,will post pics tomorrow.Her last colt was born 3 years ago today, how strange is that,LOL.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 539
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SDS congrates to you!!!! I am still waiting!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 399
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- Avery beat T ! she had a colt this morning about 3 a.m. Her delivery was very quick but not what I'd call normal. Almost as soon as he was out she started rolling around for a few minutes. She seemed ok over night and he's nursing but this morning she layed down and started to roll around again. I'm hoping she's ok! (stuck at work.. which sucks) Hubby gave her a shot of banamine and she's quiet now, he's watching for BM's and to make sure she's eating, I don't think there's much else we can do. (any suggestions from any direction are welcome) Her colt is a pretty little bay ( the color of the year in our barn apparently ) with a small star, snip and two white socks. He's not overly large but is nicely muscled for a new born.
Also took Sage to the vet yesterday, she'll be ready to breed tomorrow and her uterus has good tone so she thinks with a couple of good covers she'll probably stick now I just have to get Avery out of the woods with whatever her problem is. (I'm just hoping she didn't twist something when she thrashed around last night, at one point she'd rolled up on her back and was cast against the wall for a couple of minutes.) We actually had to drag the colt out of the stall and into the hallway to keep her from rolling on him. It was a little crazy for a few minutes there but all seemed ok till now. I'll keep you posted if I hear more from home. How's T doing ?

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 313
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congradulations SDS and Evie.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 541
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BORING!!! she is doing NOTHING!!!!
out grazing now, just layed down and took a 10 minute cat nap!!! (wish i could!) udder about het same today. last night she did some pawing, lots of side biting and walking, even kicked her belly a few times...then nothing...shes torturing me!!
AVERY DID IT!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!! congrats...thats how many... 4? and how many to go? when does the next round start?
they will probably beat T also, she will be the 370+ day pregnancy...I swear!!!(she is 343 today)
so another BOY?!?!?!? whats going on? something in the water???
well maybe round 2 will be fillys...one can hope!
any of them from ciscos dad?
no pictures today EV?
got to see some!!!
hopefully Avery is ok, that is a bit scary!!!!
and I hope Sage takes to her boyfriend before he goes!!!! another cisco would be good!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 401
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- sorry about the "no photos", I've been worn slick with all this up and down and fighting a migraine too. I'm better today and more rested so hopefully I can get some of them tonight. Ave is doing better since the shot and she's eating, so hopefully not a twisted intestine, maybe just more pains. ( I told you she's a wimp, a vaccinationt will put her down hard for two to three days !! ) Her colt last night ( and I'm thinking about calling him "Houston" ) makes baby #5 in our barn, 4 bays and Cicso. Then we'd bred two outside mares to our other stud and they were both red roan colts. (one of which died because he got stuck being delivered and she had no help) We have six left to go. 3 out of Listolena and 3 out of Red.. three of those six mares are getting pretty close, I expect one or two more foals this week and then MAYBE a short break before the others arrive!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 403
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 01:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- my foal is having trouble now, I may have to cut out of here and go home. I KNEW this mare/baby were going to have difficulty..right from the beginning.. Hubby is calling the vet now to see what we can do/need to do.. I'll keep you posted. Ev

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev- Congrats on Avery finally having her foal. But I am so sorry to hear you are having trouble now with them. Good luck and keep us posted on their progress. Sounds like you have a barn full of Bays and colts. Did you not say that you were breeding for color this year?? I think you put the wrong order form in! :-)

SDS congratulations on your foal!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 543
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 01:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ditto raven! i think you got just about opposite what you wanted all around huh? well at least healthy!!
I hope avery is going to be ok now, but what is baby doing? sick? i so hope they will be OK!!!!!
let us know!!!

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 316
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev Im so sorry yall are having a rough go of it.hope all turns out well.keep us posted.Deena

SDS
Yearling

Post Number: 57
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats Evie

SDS
Yearling

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you Kris,Lori

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 303
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow...am I behind on the board today. Congrats to SDS and Ev on healthy babes! I am sending healthy wave to Ev ))))))healthy vibes(((((((.

Kris....what is up with T? You must have done something really humiliating to her in the last year for her to treat you this way! You have to watch out for those foaling rules...I hear the mares actually keep journals...

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 546
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

last year? its been 10 since she has had a foal,...surely she cant remember that far back!!!
i left a post for you on the preg mare thread. check it out.
i seriously think she is going to make me wait a LONG time!!!

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 194
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 06:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee that is what you get when you have a foal.....behind on things!

Kris also do not forget they have a dissucion forum like we do!

Great news we have a breeding today! Lady had her first date!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 306
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeah for Lady! I arranged a date for my other mare Athena. I beleive she is in season - I will know for sure tomorrow. She has been very interested in the gelding all day...she's shameless.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 547
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW YOU GUYS ARE ALREADY PLANNING DATES AND IM STILL WAITING!!!
tonight her udder is ROCK hard!!!! like harder than ever!!! maybe washing it today stimulated milk flow, she would not let me check her fluid color...so we will just have to see!!!
>>>COME ON FOAL ON 04-05-06!!!!<<<<<
i ended up not going to my class tonight, but i was still gone...tonight would fit the when all hell breaks loose part of the rules...had to take hubby to the ER, he busted his nose and had to have his eye brow glued back together!!! one kid had a gun safety test, another had basketball and another at the neighbors...OH BOY!!! but we are all home now and she is just standing doing nothing!

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock
Username: Heatherck11

Post Number: 169
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kris,
Your post made me giggle a bit. Bless your heart...all that, an ER trip and STILL that sow is holding out! Go squeeze her.

Well, my mares date with the FedEx truck <snicker> is done and over with. Now, just have to wait another week to see. If for no other sake than my pocket book, I really hope she's PG...

Keep the faith Kris. In no time, you'll have that foal to torture for hours on end! Just try and stay away from the ER until then :-)

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 197
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- OMG the ER, did you take it out on your poor hubby that T has not delivered yet! Guess she is just waiting for the right hell too break loose then she will let go. Or maybe she is waiting for the birth to be in a real sequence of one o'clock in the morning ( 1:02am 3 seconds past on 4/5/06) 1:02:03 04-05-06. They say that is supose to be a once in a life time mark. She is just going by the name you picked !

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee looks like we will be on mare stare next year at the same time again. GOOD!!!!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 548
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 06:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well she missed 01-02-03-04-05-06, now we're still hoping for 04-05-06!
yeah the date only happens once every 100 years...so baby would be Cetennial Tsequence!
OH WAIT>>>WHAT BABY!!!!!!
nothing last night, EXTREMELY QUIET!!!
everytime I or hubby checked on her she was just standing or laying and sleeping. not much eating overnight! (maybe a good sign...oh wait i have said that before!) yep hubby is getting into hte mare stare, he wakes and checks on her as much or more than i do! (so she gets double the checking!):-)
Hubby was working on a tractor trying to bust bolt loose and when it did loosen it caught him by surprise and he face planted his face into the tractor! nice gash on his eyebrow! and his nose is 3X origional size!!! OUCH!
well i will be checking on her when the sun comes up...same ol'....same ol'....

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 09:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - maybe you should look at Tshenanigan or Tstinker as names for the Tsilly baby!

Kim k
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 545
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey! congrats to those that foaled.

Ev, sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope that all ends up ok. I know about those migranes, I have been told that I get three different kind of migrane headaches. :-( They are not fun and they interrupt life.

Kris, Your still waiting?! the end prize will be fantistic.

I am trying to keep up on everyones updates but have trouble as I am fighting with the school mgt. My kids are honor roll kids and I am a parent that is involved with my kids education as I would guess most of you are that are around this board. The school board is trying to help me. Please say some prayers for me and my kids. They don't want a parent participating because I am seeing many problems that they have.

SDS
Yearling

Post Number: 59
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pics of new colt.Here he is the first colt born to us since 2001.Here he is with his 24 yo mom.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/majestiq2003/detail?.dir=e986&.dnm=157b.jpg&.src=p h

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 311
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim K - been there done, done that, no fun. Good for you to keep pushing your point(s).

(Message edited by katheekj on April 05, 2006)

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 312
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

He is a looker! Mom looks great, too! My 21 yr old mare has a date today! (Not the one that just foaled)

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 549
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well udder hard, still "see thorugh" yellow watery but sticky fluid. no other changes! shes down right boring the last couple days!
yeah im thinking Tshenanigan or Tstinker or Tsike! because about the time i think she MAY do something...NOTHING!!! UGH!
well if any changes (yeah like thats going to happen) I will surely let you know!
EV- hows baby and mom?
kathee how is your little one doing?

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 405
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- Avery is going to be ok, baby may not be, he has a blockage, we're unsure if his plumbing is not connected in the middle or if it's a normal type meconium thing. Treating as best we can, until he gives up, we'll keep trying.. the little snot must not feel too badly, he kicked me good last night. ( sporting a nice blue leg today !) no new babies and still no photos, we were busy giving enemas, milking Avery to keep her comfy and dealing with that colt. I PROMISE I'll get pictures soon! Ev

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 551
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey no prob, yeah like you want to be out taking pictures when youve got a baby in toruble!
good luck and prayers are with the little one (Houston was it?) is he eating? mom is tolerating hte situation? (milking and foal and handling?)
how is your crabby mare doing with her foal?(was that daisy?) is she any better?

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 407
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- I'd thought of Houston, but I may change my mind on that if he lives.. he's a fighter (and a kicker..lol) I may call him " Tyson " after Mike Tyson..lol Not going to worry about a name right now though as I'm still not having good vibes about his chances of survival. Daisy is still a B$%#^ but she's learning some manners. Her colt is doing ok, she isn't milking all that well so he's not getting overly fat. If my mare looses her colt, we might try and see if she'll accept Daisy's, that would solve two problems. Avery is wonderful, she's fine with us treating the foal but curious and she's never offered to kick when I milk her out. (in fact, she stands without being held and has a grateful look on her face..lol) all this and hubby goes for the big opperation on Tuesday. I sure hope a couple of the young mares deliver soon, as big as the foals are coming out, they may have real trouble if they don't have help.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 552
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW! YOU HAVE GOT A FULL PLATE!!!
I thought maybe houstion came from the saying "Houston we have a a problem!" fitting also!
well i hope all goes well with the new little one!!! that really stinks!
and hubbys surgery to boot! WHEN IT RAINS IT POORS! good luck EV!!!!!!
keep us posted, and pics when things settle down!

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 322
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev hang in there and try to remember to take care of yourself I hope all goes well for yall.
(hugs) Deena

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 408
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 12:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LOL Kris- I hadn't thought of that.. Houston might stick after all..he's still eating and urinating, and a lady at the barn swears she saw him go yesterday, so MAYBe it will be a situation that we can correct. Time will tell. I'll be ok, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, I ought to be a hell of a woman when this is all said and done!! (cause I'm not planning on checking out anytime soon)
Deena- thanks for the hugs and good vibes, I'll make it, just have to take one thing at a time!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 313
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev -good advice from Deena - don't forget to take care of yourself...what would happen if you got sick or hurt in all of this...our thoughts are with you, hubby and the barn in general

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 315
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - any update on you Tstubborn mare?

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 410
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee- funny.. good one, thanks for the laugh.
I think my own body is taking charge in this situation, we slept in the barn again last night but no amount of banging (and I do vaguely remember some loud noises ) from the horses could rouse me. Good thing no one delivered last night, I was not awake enough to have been any help. I'm refreshed today and am ready to play midwife if needed!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 553
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee!
man i laughed at that one!!! tstubborn! i love it!!!
well she is outside, rolled once, is grazing here and there, just getting kids to sleep so can go out and check on her and clean up her "stall"/pen.
she seems just as comfortable as ever! BRAT!
ill let you know this afternoon what she looks like! we're still hoping for her to foal today on my daughters 13th b.-day! (not too likely im thinking!)
Ev- hang in there!!! soon you will have a ton of yearlings to drive you crazy AND foals ready to be born! LOL
no really take it a day at a time, and just remember running yourself down is doing no one any good, so if you need to sleep in your own bed once to catch up..do it!
well off i go to check on the TSTUBBORN MARE!!! :-)

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 412
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 03:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sad news- Little man is giving in, he's just not going to make it.. so, I'm off to see how Avery feels about taking on another mares colt..wish us luck. If this goes well, it will be some consolation to loosing this little fella as Daisy's colt will do much better with Ave as a mother.
Kris- good luck tonight, maybe this will be the night she decides to give in !!

Deena
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 326
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 03:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh Ev im so sorry.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 554
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 04:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh Ev- I was really rooting for him! good luck with your adoption process! Ill be thinking about you!

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 203
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 05:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev- I am so sorry for your mishap with Houston and Avery. It is a shame since this is the one you were counting on . If you do not mind me asking...Is this condition that Houston has genetic? With Avery being a maiden will it make you think twice about breeding her again? Has this type of thing ever happen before to that studs foals? Could this be why she was holding on so long to the foal? My condolences to you and Avery.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 08:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev - so sorry. I can't imagine...

Sharon Malmberg
Weanling

Post Number: 49
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev so sorry for your loss...

Tansy Brassfield
Weanling
Username: Spccutnoak

Post Number: 39
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 09:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev- sorry for your loss, I know what it is like, I hope your mare accepts your colt. Take care..

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 172
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev, well #@$%*?/
that's all i have to say.
take care

Heather Kutyba
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 173
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris,
I think everybody's got a theme going for you. I'm not too witty tonight, but will work on it as well :-) .

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 320
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 07:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well - No early AM post from Kris...counld it be good news?

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 206
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 09:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee I hope you are right about Kris!

Kim k
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 547
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev, soo sorry for your loss. hopefully the foster foal will latch on and take to the mare and the mare will do the same.

Kim

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 559
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 09:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SORRY GUYS!!!!
nope no good news!! she failed us! but by brothers wife had her baby yesterday! She told my daughter 2 weeks ago she was trying to have it in her birthday...and she did, and whats really wierd is she had him at the EXACT same time my daughter was born!!! 8:12...WIERD!!! so she was happy, we just kept tellin T she needed to get busy....but NOOOO!!! shes obviously thinking about herself and will have it when SHE feels like it! ugh! now we have to think of a new name...like Tstubborn maybe! :-)
nope no changes, nothing new, same ol same ol!
I am thinking I will leave her locked up adn see if she gets boredand has it...then she can go out an graze...you know bribery! nothing else seems to be working...maybe this will.
HEY- did anyone ever notice your mares belly wiggle like the baby had the hiccups, and the whole thing moves, from tail to chest??? cant even determine where the babies movements are but it is defineately moving. an she just stands with he ears layed back durng all of it!
udder is defineately full and pressure, even hte side that only slightly beaded is squirting if i check it, and when she lays it must leak a little beause she has crysatly crustys inside her thigh. well ONE OF THESE DAYS!!!!!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 413
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to all of you for the sympathetic thoughts, he passed easily and Avery was there nuzzling him till he was gone. ( sad,sad,sad..) The vet was ill yesterday so he didn't open the foal up but he still felt ( by rectal exam ) that he had a "blind pouch". He did not seem to think it was something that was likely to repeat itself if I bred her again. Her gestation was still in the normal range 342 days from her last cover and she was flushed and seems fine other than missing her baby this morning and suffering from a VERY full udder. She was not receptive to Drew when he tried to nurse so rather than risk him getting hurt, he's back with his hateful mother for the time being.
On a more positive note, Sage was bred back to Listo last night successfully and the breeder is willing to breed Avery back to him on her foal heat next week free of charge!! Although I'm going to have to wait ANOTHER year to get that baby, I may yet have a foal out of the two of them. She also is convinced that Cisco will win the Futurity this fall (yesterday was the first she'd seen him) which is VERY exciting news. As she doesn't compliment horses very freely, I was thrilled to have her gushing over my baby!

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev- I'm sad and glad that something happy has come from this terrible ordeal. This year may not have been your year to have two great foals. Next years foal from Avery is going to put you on top of the world!!! Congratulations with the compliment on Cisco he is a very handsome boy and you should be proud of his looks!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 560
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ev- that is too bad! I hope ave recovers from her loss ok as do you! and hopeully she will take to her date too and next year will be your year!!! best wishes to you!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 416
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori & Kris- I was SO excited about this foal from Avery and very disappointed to get a colt and have it be a bay at that.. maybe someone new it wasn't going to make it and that I'd have been that much more upset to have lost the filly I'd been dreaming of for so long. Anyway, it's over and done and we've got another shot at it next spring. Meanwhile, I have a wonderful colt out of Sage to get ready to show this fall..that might well be enough to keep me busy this summer!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 323
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 01:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We need another board to keep up with all these babies that we have grown so attached to. I would like to know how Cisco does and how all the other little ones do! Maybe Jos can start "Equine Reproduction - The Sequel". We can call it long term a genetics study!

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 417
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee- good idea ! we're still waiting on 6 more babies here in KS, hopefully we'll have them all by the end of the month but I bet we carry over into May before they all come

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 208
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev i'm happy to hear your attitude with this situation. I feel Cisco is going to need all your attention on his showing career. And with you having lots on your plate it maybe a blessing. Next year you are going to have one awesome filly from this!!!
Kathee I too think that is a great suggestion! If only we can?????

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 419
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lori- it's always sad to loose an animal but if you raise very many of them, you quickly learn that at times there will be some that don't make it despite doing all you can to see them born alive and well. You just have to pick up and go on and appreciate the ones that you do have. Cisco just appears to be something special and I hope I can help him reach his best potential. The thought occured to me this morning on my drive in that a successful stallion would be far more beneficial to me financially in the years to come than one filly would be. ( I'm thinking STUD FEES !! ) If I spend the next couple of years training and showing him, he could well supplement my retirement checks in the future, and at this juncture of thought, I've decide he's not for sale.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 210
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 04:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev actually I have my FAIR share of animal lose so I do know where you are coming from and going. We all know you will be able to help Cisco reach his potential. VERY SMART move on keeping him. Stud fees are much nicer to help with retirement . Wise move it might as well be you benifiting from him than someone else. Be proud of what you have with Cisco. Ones like him do not come around very often.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev - I am glad you found peace with this...I know you were very excited about Avery/Houston. Just think...if Cisco does turn into a nice stud, you don't have to stay up all night...you just have to answer the phone in the AM and hear all about someone else staying up all night and how gorgeous his babies are!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 562
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 08:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CISCO WILL PROVE THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE O.K.!!!
WELL I AM GOING TO GO OUT ON A LIMB AND SAY NO FOAL TONIGHT! and i think i may just sleep all night and not even check on her!! she has made no progress for a few days now...talk about discouraging!!! shes out chowing down on hay right now. we have some storms on their way, but she wont have it...she is going to wait until the most unconvienant time she can!
anyway i hope all of you have a good night and anyone still waiting i hope your mares foal! cuz i know mine WONT!

Darlene Folkersma
Neonate
Username: Edanddar

Post Number: 2
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 05:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Room for a new girl on the block?

I will confess to reading your postings and have enjoyed the exchange. And I could always use some advice if my mare has problems next month.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 563
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome darlene! theres always room for more! :-)
well the limb i went out on last night by saying she would not foal was a sturdy one, it held up!
i have not been out to inspect closely, but right now i can safely say she is as comfortable as can be! standing and sleeping, munch for a few minutes and sleep again! (oh the life!)
last night was quite humorous though, she stood there swinging her head side to side, bite her side occasionally, swing her tail in circles and straight up and down vigorouslyall with her ears pinned back...i think it was bugs driving her crazy...even though there were only a few out there, then she stopped and started eating. was funny she was ticked about something!
well if anything interesting goes on or any changes ill certainly post!!!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 564
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 06:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev- I forgot to ask you(since you have lots of babies born per year)or anyone else with input (kathee) did any of your mares change from the "V" look to a rounder look in the hip/flank area shortly before foaling...or does that mean that baby is still moving aroung alot and rotated out of "dropped foal" position? she is not as hanging and appears big and bulgy between her hind legs...NORMAL?!?!?!?!? or is she just wierd? (that is my answer!)

Kim k
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 550
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris,
from our expereinces its seems to vary from mare to mare as does the rest of our experiences! No help right ! Sorry. My one shorter backed mare seems to have the v shape and then it disappears close to foaling, my one longer backed mare seems to have the v disappear a week to week and a half before hand.

Good luck !
Kim

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 567
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kim k-so from your experience the deep hanging V does kinof dissappear?
this morning now her vulva is a bit darker, a step in the right direction she would rather graze. Her tail is flicking up and down pretty consistantly, and this am i KNOW it is not bugs!!! itis only 32 drgrees and 40 mph winds!!!so bugs are gone, so she is irritated for another reason...maybe the right one!!!

Darlene Folkersma
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 09:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris, if you dont mind the input. Biting at her sides and flipping her tail is the same thing one of my mares does when she is real close.

Our vet told me it's early contractions that the mare is feeling. (but not to smile yet, he said they get braxton hicks-{and I have no idea how to spell that} just like we do.)

The pain is what makes her bite at her sides and fling her tail in irritation. As for the "V" thing. I have one mare that always has it 'pg' or not, because she has no butt, and one mare that (never)gets it, even if she had a tanker truck in there because she is all butt.

So I think that still leaves us with a lot of sleepless nights. Except for the night we sleep like a log, and they have it of course.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 568
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 10:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks darlene! she has added today to her up and down flicking circular tail flicking (kind of like swinging a rope motion) which other than when a horse flyor deer fly is biting her and will not get off she has never done!
MAYBE JUST MAYBE IT WILL BE THIS WEEKEND!!!!
i also fogot to say her udder this morning was super hard!!!but nipples still not filling and still clear yellow very sticky watery fluid(sticky like spilled mountain dew out in the sunshine after it mostly dries)
we will see how the udder looks tonight when i bring her in! ( probably the same it has for the last week!) :-(

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 421
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- she's getting closer every day, just hang in there. All the things she's doing are right in line with what our mares do/are doing. No more babies yet here. Beth had everyone in the barn holding their breath last night.. ( "I" however didn't get too excited as she's fooled me too many times already..lol ) If you watch T for a significant change in her udder, then you'll know you are really close. "MOST" all of our mares have done that.. as often as you check her, IF she does it, you will be able to see the difference easily. Some of the mares quit eating their grain about 12 hours before they foal too. (but not all do that either) As far as the V goes, some mares I notice it on and other not so much, I think what Kim said holds true, the build of the mare and also the number of pregnancies seems to make a difference in how they carry and show. Ours tend to get very flat in the hips before they foal and for about 3 days beforehand Avery had a lump on either side of her spine mid way back her hip. (I believe those were little hooves ready to make their appeance ) Ave is doing well, her udder is going down rapidly and I groomed her last night, she almost has her girlish figure back already.

Darlene Folkersma
Neonate

Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ev, it sounds like you have alot of foals each year? that must be great, I was sorry to read that you lost one this year, been there it's heartbreaking. About how many do you have on average?

I would love to be able to handle having alot again. My husband and I would love to find a place down in TX to be closer to my sisters (and warmer to) and just do this for a living. But that will never happen, so here I sit in the frozen north. LOL

I really hope you have a bundle of joy this weekend Kris, you all must be way down south of us to be foaling this time of year. The earlist I usually try for is mid May. and the waiting is killing me. We havent had a baby on the farm in 3 years. Sorry I ask question about you guys that you have told each other and it's probably a drag to back track and play repete.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 330
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seem to be signing on later and later eveyday.

Kris - Dream never really had the V shape. I could see a significant change in her shape, but someone who hadn't stared at her for that last 3 months would have probably thought it looked normal. Her udder and surrounding area was huge hours before she foaled, but her teats did not fill up until after the foal sucked them.

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 423
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 01:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kathee- you are busy with a baby now..lol.
Darlene- we generally have about 7 or 8, this last spring though, every mare we covered conceived! (and we purchased two that were in foal) The total count once they all arrive will be 14 if everyone makes it. (two of the foals have been sold already so we'll actually only own 12 of them..like that's not enough!)
Kris- we're waiting on a "Tupdate"

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 569
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

darlene where are you from?

Darlene Folkersma
Neonate

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 09:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I live in the very tip of the U.P. of Michigan, east side half way between the Mackinaw Bridge and the Canadan Bridge. Just a small town called Rudyard.

Where are you'all at?

I'm going to try to get some pictures of Cherie' today if the camara don't freeze first (only about 20 out today). Big change from our spring break trip to florida. LOL.

I hope you can let me know what you guys think of her. We had a barn fire and all of my records were lost, so my exact due date is a guess. Relying on my memorie for breeding dates based on the dates of boarded mares bred about the same time. Guess thats what I get for having my office in the barn.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 338
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 07:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - no word from you today...I hope all is well.

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 286
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 07:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - Wheres your baby? I went away for a while again, thought I might have missed it??

Mines 307 days today - Im gonna take some more pictures for my album today. I hope everything runs smoothly - I have found a couple of absesses on my mare so I really dont want to have to call the vet out too often in the near future - Fingers crossed they go away and the babies delivery is uneventful on the day...

Still no milk-so not much to tell... Udders still quite gristly but not filled, still blood on the vulva, but not inside so am just keeping it clean, still eating like...well, a horse. Just gotta keep on waiting I guess.

Kathee - Your guy must be growing some now, Any new piccies? : )

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 341
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim - Kris has not posted for a couple days. Not sure what is going on.

Kris - where are you??? I am hoping everything is OK.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 342
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kim - thanks for asking! I just happen to have a few hundred pics available...I have narrowed it down to 3 that I put on photobucket...these are her one week old pics. She is either running and playing, nursing or sleeping. She has been so much fun! We have been working on leading and today she lead about 700 feet to the front pasture.
http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/katheekj/Dream%20Catcher/?action=view&cur rent=Cactheratoneweek.jpge.

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 287
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 02:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kathee - I hope everything is ok as well.Will be waiting for news kris - BEst wishes to you.

I went to look at your pics kathee, laughing to myself about how proud you sound and how excited you are to share your bundle of joy......and then I the link didnt work!! It says that that file does not exsisi anymore - Maybe you could try them again? Better luck this time

Glad to hear that you are enjoying her so much and that she is giving you so much fun. Well done with the leading...And good luck for all the rest of your training. Im really pleased for you!!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 343
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 02:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Try this one...I'm not sure what happened.

http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d106/katheekj/Dream%20Catcher/?action=view&cur rent=Cactheratoneweek.jpg

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 570
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW kathee they grow so fast!!!
yes i am here, but no baby...
i have had a busy weekend....(and she still did not take the hint!)was not able to get on...sorry...but she is not doing anything!!! except eating and sleeping!
i wish i knew what the hold up is!!!
she is so big!!! she is getting wider again! prety soon she will not be able to walk. she is not laying down to nap now though, just to roll out in the grass.
i dont know i am really getting worried!!!! she is 348 now...and nothing/ milk still watery yellow nd clear, bag a TINY bit fuller, and she is huge...that pretty much sums it up...im thinking vacuum cleaner by midweek!
i will load pics and post in a bit here.

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 345
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 08:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - glad you checked in...I was getting really worried. I would love to see some new pics. I would be nuts by 348 days considering all the "it's going to be tonight" skits she has acted out for you. I guess the important thing is that she has an udder and 348 days is still well within range. Apparently she doesn't want to be average!

Have you had a chance to look at Lori's (Raven)project? She has really done a great job showing the comparisions and differences of mares at the same stage of pregnancy.

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 571
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok well rear view and udder came in, but side view did not, so i will have to do that one again.
i received ravens project yesterday, but have not had a chance to look at it. i will probably do it tomarrow am, i also need to send her more pics since we have reached over 340 days! (not that i am proud!)
well tonight she is standing extrememly quiet...not even eating hay!!
but i am sure it is because she grazed all day, grass is turning green so she eats the good stuff all day and dont want hay!
im thinking wednesday is full moon...maybe just maybe!!! otherwise easter would be her choice..and of course that would fit the foaling rule, because i need to be at my moms and the inlaws all day! but IF she looks like she is ready(waxing or whatever) i may just have to stay home!
well heres new pics... what do you think? look like any change to you?
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/101_6450.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/e9382d15.jpg[/IMG]

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 572
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oops forgot this one.
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/101_6446.jpg[/IMG]

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 215
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris you second pic did not show up? What happened that she bellyed out again??? Slight change in the udders, looks like she flat lined again on you......sorry....
Hang in there, you know sometime or another she is going to have to give birth to this foal. :-)
Brought both bums home today ....glad to have them home again!

Kathee thank you again for the compliments on the project. Just wish I had more for it.

Cconner
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris, I feel your pain! Patti is now 342 days and NO baby, I'm going nuts. I thought we were going to have a baby Thursday night but nope. Her udder had been huge and extremely hard for about 1 1/2 weeks and her teats are filled out but no wax. Her milk is also still watery clear and very sticky. If we don't have babies by Wednesday hopefully the full moon will push them along,lol!!! Good luck and I will try to take some pics of Patti tomorrow and post them.

Kathee, your baby is gorgeous!!!!

anita kabat
Weanling
Username: Akabat

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 02:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

kathee- congrats on your foal, are u getting more sleep now?LOL

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 574
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 06:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ok- sorry that one did not work, try this one
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e222/krismoos/101_6444.jpg
well still no baby this morning!
CC thanks for the pitty, I have come to the conclusion she wants to hold out for a world record...anyone know what it is? :-)
Raven- I am unsure if what exactly she is doing, one minue she is hanging and pointed and no belly from the rear, but then all weekend very much there!!! wide load!!!
i am thinking of taking her out riding tonight...ill be nice, i will go bareback! (hahaha)
seriously though, last night again she was sretching her head way up, shaking it constantly, nipping at her tummy, tail just going crazy, always turning and looking at her belly, doing the jig with her hinds...but STILL nothing...
she is 349 now!!!!! and looking like she has a couch now, not just the coffee table, or an elephant family, not just 1 elephant!

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 288
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Kathee - She is fantastic isnt she? Just really pretty - but then, she must get that from her mum! Well done you : )And what long legs she has! You might be in for a biggun there...

Oh kris..........................................
Well, maybe you should turn that oven up - Shes never gonna cook at this rate : ) at least the weather will have a chance to improve - and Itll all be worth it soon. Good luck

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 575
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

weather is PERFECT!!! were supposed to be in the 60's and 70's this week with lows 45 to 50!!! just cool enough to keep most of the bugs to a minimum...although the skeeters are getting bad!!! ALREADY!
not sure what she is waiting for???!?!?!?!
her sides were really wet this am...she must have been biting at them quite a bit...still no waxing or anything...ugh I know she will have it soon...but wow...WHEN?!?!?!?!?!?!

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 347
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - I think the record is in the 380 range...less than 390 for sure.. so let's see...that would be...a little over another month!

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 290
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ow Kathee - : ) Dont tease! Whats that in days then another 31days! : )

Oh how cruel - Sorry kris, Id be mad too if my mare goes to 350!! Im betting on approx 330 at the moment - Although at 308/9 today I am not seeing much milk production here!! I did notice her milk viens were more visable yesterday though so I could see some soon. This bits really boring huh? I cant do anything but wait - and I know its going to cook for at least another couple of weeks........

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 350
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - I hope you know I am joking...I would be insane right now at 350 days...she will go soon...she has to!

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 292
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 09:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hehe. How long did dream go kathee?

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 351
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She was 340 and didn't have any "drama" nights. When she started acting like she was going into labor, she did. I am breeding my other mare this month. Next year she will probably do everything different from Dream and I will be crazy. Dream apparently read the book and followed it - silly mare!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 576
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NO WAY AM I WAITING 380!!!!!
you know the vet has always said about Tsaharah that she didnt read the book, because she is totally NOT an arab, she THINKS she is a quarter horse! he has known her and been her vet since birth(shes 17 mind you) so apparently she did not read the book on foaling either!
hey maybe she cant read, i think this afternoon i will go read her a chapter or two from my book on the "normal" range for delivery...think she will take the hint?
you know the worst part about it, is she looked more ready last week...belly not so pointy, is wide again, udder not as firm...

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 352
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris - since she can't read, maybe you can adlib some sections like...horses that carry over 351 days require a terribly painful procedure performed and are made to fast until delivery...maybe fear will be her motivater!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 579
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

there you go! i tried to tell her yesterday that if she dont have it by wednesday her and i are going riding, so i can tie that in...LOL

E Watkins
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- I was sure when I logged on this morning there be news of your foal..lol.. T is still holding out, eh? We were up with Beth a good part of the night, she looks very close but still no baby. Hubby goes in for surgery tomorrow, she'll probably have tonight so that we get NO sleep whatsoever. (have to be up at 4 anyway to get to the hospital in time)
Sage has been covered 3 times now, I started looking at foaling dates.. we'll be in Feb next year if she sticks!! (that'll be COLD baby watch)

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 581
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

awesome, i hope she sticks!!!
so another one ready...and hubbys surgery tomarrow...boy ev good luck to you, stay strong!!! maybe when you return from your time off with hubby i will have pics to post!!!!
will be thinking of you tomarrow!
did you look at T's pics? what do you make of her belly change?!?!?!?!
she is really ticking me off!
last night and today she has eaten her grain but in sections(come and go), and hardly any hay, she grazes on sprouts, but not much, has spent better part of yesterday evening napping in the sunshine, and other than her episode about 10 last night stood in the corner and slept in the same spot better part of the night, now this morning she grazed about 10 minutes, has munched on her grain but otherwise is standing napping in the sunshine...has not touched her hay.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 217
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kris- it maybe your only way to get her to foal is by threaten her with SOMETHING !!!! lol Maybe tell her you don't care anymore and she can have it on her own! You have washed your hands of this foaling, just maybe that will bring her around. T knows that you want this foal badly....boy is she pulling a fast one on you for sure!

Ev- sorry to hear no new babes for you this weekend. Good luck with hubbies surgery tomorrow. We all will be thinking of you then.

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 219
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah Kris I have it .....T is waiting to foal, she has been told about the world record on hanging onto a baby and how long that is. T just wants to make you some money with the Guiness book of Records!!!! Or just wants to see you grey from this!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 584
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

uh yeah, i see the grey hairs more everyday!!!hey i guess if she can make me money by holding out im game...NOT!!!!
well good news...she inst eating today...hasnt finished her grain from 7:30 this am, hasnt grazed but 10 minutes, no hay, just standing there is the sun in the barn (is free to go out and graze grass) and occasionally comes out for water ...thats a good thing, its a change...lets see if its a good change or if it because she is too tired from her drama show last night before bed...

Cconner
Neonate

Post Number: 10
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We finally had an arrival last night, a little dun stud colt. He is so pretty but I'm pretty positive he will turn grulla.

Kris T looks really relaxed in the croup so maybe tonight will be your lucky night. Patti never waxed and her udder secretions looked clear and sticky yesterday but we still got a baby last night. She also didn't eat much of her hay but she never backed down on her Strategy. It really sounds like it is close so good luck tonight and hopefully we will hear good news in the morning.

Ev good luck tomorrow and I hope you guys get some sleep soon, that's no fun!!!!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 589
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 07:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well CC, congrats to you!!! no pics?!?!?!
a dun stud colt???? I am sooooo jealous, that is exaclty what i want!!!! what color is your mare and what did you breed to?
well no baby here! she started getting funny again last night, then the stupid neighbors dogs started barking, and she stopped! ugh frustrating!
well congrats to you!!!!!!! post pics soon, k?

Kim Winter
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 293
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congratulation CC on the new baby - I love both Dun and grulla - So either way I would guess you are pretty lucky : )

Look forward to seeing some pictures soon?

Kathee McGuire
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 359
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 09:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats CC - I also love the duns - my first childhood horse. Post some pics soon!

Kim k
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 554
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 09:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Congrats on your foal CC. I like the duns(I have a couple myself!) Ev, you guys are in my prayers. Kris your turn will be soon ! Kathee, what a pretty fellow. Congrats to you too.

Kim

Lori aka " Raven"
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 231
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 09:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CC-Congrats on your dun colt! Waiting to see some pics!

Darlene Folkersma
Neonate

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, miss a couple of days, and out pop a baby or two. Kathee, I love the pics of your new arrival, flashy little buggers aren't they, I love paints. CC congrats on your new one too, the mare I'm waiting on is a dun, seems everyone loves them aye? Well at least I have a soft spot for her.

Kris, sorry not popping for you yet, I'm thinking maybe the vacume thing aint so bad an idea???? just kidding..lol maybe she thinks anticipation will make this soooo much better for you, she's just thinking of you, ya know

don't feel bad i still have at least 3 weeks left of pain and waiting.
Let me know what you think. Don't mind the mess on the floor, feeding time means time to brush and try to shed some of that unsightly hair. :-)

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0044.jpg}
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0042a.jpg},
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0041.jpg},
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0032.jpg},
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0040a.jpg},
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0039a.jpg},
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0038.jpg},
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j116/edanddar/IMAG0035.jpg}

Cconner
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 13
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I finally got some pics today, but I must be really stupid because I dan't figure out how to post them on photobucket. I set up an account but I can't figure out how to upload the pics from my Kodak Easy Share camera. Please HELP so I can post some pics and remember use layman terms, I'm not very good with the computer thing.

Kris I was so sure of myself last night that you would have a baby this morning. Full moon is tomorrow night so I will cross my fingers for you. Our mares sounded like they were right on track together with everything they were doing so hopefully she can't hold out much longer. I will check for posts tomorrow night so I hope to hear good news!!!!!!!!!

Kris Moos
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 600
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 06:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey CC, I can help here as I use kodak! (and am very computer illiterate)
ok, open your kodak pictures, make it a bit smaller, then choose the photo you want, click on it, hold down hte button and drag it over to your desktop, do that with all the ones you want to post, then when you are on photocucket hit browse, desktop, and then the photo number you want o post, it amy take a while if you ue dial up and you do more than 2, then wait>....
give it a try, looking forward to those pics!!!
oh and by the way...no baby! see 348 and waiting...

Rachel Miller
Neonate
Username: Moldequine

Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi
Anyone have any idea if this is what they call dropped!!!! she has no milk yet but is very slack around the tail and her vulva has lengthened, she was also kicking her belly and swishing her tail alot today but could have been the flies. will post pics.

Rachel Miller
Neonate

Post Number: 2
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

when i say no milk i mean no udder at all, her teats have changed slightly. still trying to post these pics

Rachel Miller
Neonate

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://i76.photobucket.com

Rachel Miller
Neonate

Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oops did it wrong, try again Rachelhttp://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j39/moldequine/sp_ao836.jpg

anita kabat
Yearling
Username: Akabat

Post Number: 82
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rachel It says photo not available, Look at the bottom of each pic and you need to highlite the bottom one that says IMG and copy then paste it here.

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US