SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

New Colt!! 07-07-07

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Pregnant Mare and the Newborn Foal - Volume 2 » New Colt!! 07-07-07 « Previous Next »

Aimee Sutherland
Yearling
Username: Aimee_s

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 03:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Born July 7th just after 4am, black and white tobiano colt.

He is so friendly and calm. Momma and babe are doing very well. He had some difficulties coming out (big boy, got his knee stuck), so after some gentle traction with Momma's contractions he came out with no problems. Took a bit to find the milk bar, and fought any help to locate it! But he got it figured out finally. Pictures can be seen here...
http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w269/HorseyGirl_2007/

Enjoy!

Hannah Mills
Breeding Stock
Username: Hkvmills

Post Number: 136
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 03:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WOW, he has the most AMAZING markings ever! Congrats you must be sooo thrilled! And the mare is beautiful too!

Marilyn Lemke
Nursing Foal
Username: Marilyn_l

Post Number: 16
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 07:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That is a great picture. The baby is adorable and so is the colt! I love his markings. He seems to be real friendly. You got a winner there.

Glad to see things went well and the mare and baby and doing great. Take care, Marilyn

Sandy Smith
Breeding Stock
Username: Sandystone

Post Number: 151
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 08:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aimee - Oh my - what a handsome boy you have there! I went to the Northern Michigan Paint Horse Show this past weekend and I didn't see any as cute as your boy! Are you going to show him?

Sandy

Dorthy Brown
Breeding Stock
Username: Dodib

Post Number: 132
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very cute--love the markings

Beth Walker
Weanling
Username: Bbhorses

Post Number: 37
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aimee- absolutely gorgous colt!! Who is the sire of the colt, like to know where all that color came from. He sure is a winner!! Congratulations.

Jan Owen
Breeding Stock
Username: 1frosty1

Post Number: 442
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aimee! YIPEE! 7-7-07! What a lucky birthday! I am so happy your wait is over and you have a healthy outstanding colt! I am so happy for you. He looks great both sides:-) I am still waiting on my mare. Day 325.....

Aimee Sutherland
Yearling

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, thank you everyone. And here I thought it was just blind Mother love that made me think he is amazing!

I am very thrilled with his colouring, my last Tb/paint mix came out solid (but I still love my boy, he is built beautifully so it makes up for his "lack" of colour!). So this time around I made sure I'd get colour by breeding her to a stallion that is homozygous for the Tobiano gene, and boy did I get that gene! Maverick's sire is "Classic White Gold" aka Ice Man (Any Top Gun fans out there, that is where Maverick's name came from to tie in with Daddy's name!!) I lucked out and this stud is only a couple of hours from me, so I shipped Maggie to him (TWICE! she didn't catch the first time).

Thank you for all of the kind words.

Sandy, I do plan on doing some showing with him. As to how much halter showing I'll do, I'm not sure yet. I will probably take him to one show this fall (he'll be almost 2 months old), I took my last colt (the BS paint) to this show and had a blast (I'd been to the show many times in the past with just my mare). But then I probably won't do anything til he is a yearling, it all depends on how far away the shows are, lol. Once he is old enough to ride he will do some showing then for sure, just not sure what discipline he will do yet.

Marti Langley
Weanling
Username: Pair_o_dice

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maverick is one gorgeous colt!! My mare Reno is on day 363 and I am having the vet out again tomorrow to palpate her, in case it is a false pregnancy.

Aimee Sutherland
Yearling

Post Number: 59
Posted on Monday, July 09, 2007 - 06:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha, Jan, I was happy for the birthday, heck I was just happy for the birth!! I am also very happy with his markings, fairly even both sides and enough that they won't all be hidden once he is tacked up!
Not too long for you now Jan, good foaling vibes your way for as perfect a birth as I had! (ha, well Maggie had!!)

Thanks Marti, good luck with the vet tomorrow. Hopefully it is good news, nothing more frustrating then waiting all this time and finding out that your mare was playing tricks on you! Let us know the outcome!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US