SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

What would this breeding produce

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Equine Genetics » What would this breeding produce « Previous Next »

kimberly male
Nursing Foal
Username: Pawprints

Post Number: 16
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Black and white pinto stallion bred to a white appy that has chestnut lepoard spotting? I can never really figure out the color calculators:-(

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 920
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 08:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Kimberly. Is the stud homogyzous for the black gene? If you know if he is, that would really narrow down the possibilites.

kimberly male
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 17
Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I dont know if he is or not. According to the breeder, he comes from heavy black breeding lines so I would imagine he may be?

charlene birdsall, Jetta born 3/20/08
Breeding Stock
Username: Charlie67

Post Number: 922
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 01:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is the sire's registered name? I belong to apha and can look it up to see what color his parents were.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock
Username: Kdgilger

Post Number: 474
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 01:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the appy mare a few spot leopard? That's gonna make a huge difference as well. What do the mares sire and dam look like?

kimberly male
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 18
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 09:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a miniature stallion as well as mare. She is a few spot leopard though. I have not seen the mares sire and dam as I am contemplating buying the mare but have not went to see the mare or her parents.

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 477
Posted on Monday, May 26, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

last time I did something like that, I got one of these....
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/josiereg1.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/josiereg2.jpg
your few spot mare is bound to color it up some!

This year, I am breeding a proven appy producing leopard stallion (this guy)
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/DSC01462.jpg
to my homozygous pinto mare
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/Candyat16-2.jpg

and I have this combo for pintaloosa mix...hopefully I"ll get color here too, it's this stallions first breeding, but he's a snowcap...so here's hoping.
stallion:
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/Dynamitejuly20071.jpg
and mare: (blue eyed splash mare)
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/mistyreg2.jpg

kimberly male
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 19
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 07:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a nice bunch of minis you have!! Like lays potato chips, you just cant have one. I already tried that and it didnt last long, I got addicted and my herd just keeps growing!

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 479
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 08:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yeah, we went from 0 to six too many really quick....but once you see that first baby, you just gotta have more!!!
I am mainly an appy breeder, but have intentionally kept my 2 pinto mares b/c they were my first mares and my favorites! The tiny black mare has lost her foal twice, unbelievably to no fault of her own...and the old bay mare is a pro at foaling, so they have a place in my heart and will never leave here. How I ended up with 2 stallions, I'll never know, but this is my first year to breed my own stallions, so I am even more excited about what I might get. If you know anyone in need of a color producing TINY BLUE EYED LEOPARD stallion who'll probably mature under 28", send em my way! Here he is with a normal size filly who is only 5 days older than him! He'll make a helluva show pony & future herd sire, and has many blue eyes in his all leopard pedigree!
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/DSC01444.jpg
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii281/kdgilger/DSC01435.jpg

kimberly male
Nursing Foal

Post Number: 20
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 01:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Awesome!! where are you located?

Diana Gilger
Breeding Stock

Post Number: 480
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm in Oklahoma City, so it's not so close to you, but I can have him shipped pretty cheap to almost anywhere...I ship with the same shipper to and from WV all the time!

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US