Post Number: 7
|Posted on Friday, March 28, 2008 - 11:43 pm: ||
STALLION is bay tovero ( also sabino and frame )
stallions dam : red dun tovero
stallions sire: black & white tobi
MARE is perlino tobi
mares dam : buckskin
mares sire: palomino tobi
do you think I have a better chance of bucksin or pali..
thoughts on what color I would get ...please...
Post Number: 11
|Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 09:26 am: ||
You will probably have the best chance at Buckskin. But not guaranteed either. She could give you a pali. Here are your color choices via the color chart. Good luck!
Smoky Black Tovero
Smoky Black Tobiano
Smoky Black Frame/Sabino
Smoky Black Overo
Smoky Black Sabino
Emily West, Gracie Due 04/11/08
Post Number: 464
|Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:08 am: ||
I would agree that buckskin is your biggest chance with coat color.
If both parents only carry one agouti gene then there is also a small chance for a smoky black and your percentages for coat color are as follows.
56.25% - Buckskin
25.00% - Palomino
18.75% - Smoky Black
If however just one of the parents carries two agouti genes then there would be no chance for smoky black and you would have a 75% chance of a buckskin and a 25% chance of a palomino.
But as Lori, pointed out there are a lot of different possibilities of what you could end up with because of all those patterns thrown in but only three different coat colors.
Post Number: 8
|Posted on Saturday, March 29, 2008 - 10:36 am: ||
thanks.. I would LOVE a buckskin tovero..