SHORT COURSES
OTHER SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
SITE MAP OF EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
CONTACT US

horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
horse breeding
Go to the articles page

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board

Topics Page Topics Page Register for a new account Register Edit Profile Profile Log Out Log Out Help/Instructions Help    
Posting is restricted to registered board members only to prevent spamming of the board. We regret the necessity of this action, but hope you will appreciate the importance of the integrity of the board. Registration is free and information provided during the process will not be submitted to third parties.

Colour possibilities

Equine-Reproduction.com Bulletin Board » Equine Genetics » Colour possibilities « Previous Next »

Cinder
Posted From: 161.184.205.21
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm wondering about what colour possibilities from different crosses of colour.
What are the colour possibilties for:

Bay pinto mare/Palomino stallion
Bay pinto/chestnut stallion
Bay pinto/grey stallion
Bay pinto/dark bay stallion

Thanks

Cathy
Posted From: 67.1.7.182
Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 09:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the mare Overo or tobiano? Also is she homozygous?

Cinder
Posted From: 161.184.178.69
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2003 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

She is tobiano. I don't know if she is homozygous. I'm just wondering about colours it will probably be pinto anyway.

Cathy
Posted From: 67.1.7.178
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2003 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cinder for the BP Pal X you can get black, chestnut, bay, smokey black, palomino, or buckskin.
BP chestnut X black, chestnut,or bay.
BP grey X without knowing the base color cant say for sure. Probably black, chestnut, or bay.
BP bay X bay, black, chestnut, or bay.
If the pinto is heterozygouse each color possibility has a 50% chance of bing pinto. If it is homozygous all will be pinto.
On top of that the grey X will result in those colors having a 50% chance of going grey if is Heterozygous or 100% if homozygous.

Anonymous

Posted From: 68.211.119.244
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 02:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know nothing about color. Could someone guess on what color my horses are (proper term) and what color foals could be produced?
Stallion - Brown body, red mane/tail, blue eyes, white snip on nose
Mare 1 - reddish brown with black tail/mane/lower legs
Mare 2 - Dark, dark brown with black mane/tail
Mare 3 - Mostly white, with brown head, black and white mane/tail, one blue eye

There are so many terms and rules for color, I am just curious what I should call them and expect if the mares get pregnant.

Cathy
Yearling
Username: Cathy

Post Number: 72
Posted on Monday, December 12, 2005 - 09:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If any of your mares or stallion are registered it should say on there papers what color they are. This could help in identifying some of the colors. They mares I can figure out the stallion has be a bit perplexed.

Toni
Weanling
Username: Toni

Post Number: 27
Posted on Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - 01:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

His papers say color & markings: black/snip/blue eyes/ black mane and tail. (although his mane and tail are red) One mare says black, one says bay. The other mare is not registered but I am thinking tobiano with some overo gene. We are planning to hardship register her, because her color and size are beautiful. (AMHA)

Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.

Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.

Proud to be sponsored and supported by:
IMV Technologies - makers of Equine AI Equipment
Equine A.I. Equipment Supplies
Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your Veterinary Ultrasounding Needs
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Exodus Breeders Supply - Your one-stop shop for all your reproductive needs!
Exodus Breeders Supply
Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products!
Reproduction Resources: Specializing in Artificial Breeding and Embryo Transfer Supplies
Specializing in Artificial Breeding and ET Supplies
BET Pharm: Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
Your Compounding Pharmacy for Reproductive Needs!
www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
  International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary Information Service

MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD
SITEMAP | CONTACT US