SEMEN EXPORT SERVICES
STALLIONS AT EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US

If you "like" us please "recommend" us!

and then:
Join us on Facebook! Join us on Facebook!

Proudly sponsored by:

Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc
Home of the Equitainer

Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Home of the world-famous
INRA '96 extender!

Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your veterinary
ultrasounding needs

Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in
Equine Veterinary Products!

BET Pharm: Your compounding pharmacy for reproductive needs!
Your compounding pharmacy for
reproductive needs!

www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at
Competitive Prices!

J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable
breeding stocks!

Here Today. There Today.
Here Today. There Today.

Saving Foals from FPT
Saving Foals from FPT

Egg Tech - serving European breeder's needs!
Egg Tech - serving
European breeder's needs!

International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary
Information Service

Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits!

Older stallion had one testicle removed due to tumor, having

This category is to be used for general stallion questions that are not covered by other category descriptions.

Moderator: Jos

Older stallion had one testicle removed due to tumor, having

Postby jmp568 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Hope Jos will chime in on this and I totally forgot about this resource till recently. Jos and Kathy helped me learn how to properly extend semen many many years ago on same stallion. So I'll try to be brief but concise. My boy is 26 yr old had a Seminoma tumor in one testicle. Testicle was removed in March prognosis good. Waited a month or so to start collecting gave him time to recover and had no mares to breed. Started collecting him early May and cannot get him cleaned out. Always a lot of dead sperm. Tried everyday collections. Did get better but still some dead and his concentration was terribly low with everyday.So now I needed him so tried every three days. Conc. went up but so did dead sperm and volume. last week I tried collecting every other day as I know I have mares ready to breed soon and its a crap shoot all over the map. One collection will be kinda ok ? next one totally dead. I've played a little with Av temp but this boy is VERY picky and I know how he likes it.He likes his Av on the warm to hot side, I use disposable liners. Just red the post about double filters, could that be accomplished by just putting two in my collection bottle ? One inside the other ? He is having way more gel fraction than I ever remember and went thru all my notes from 15 yrs. never had that problem before So worth a try as well as adding extender to bottle pre collection. Jos, is their anything else I could be doing I know his age is a factor and now only one testicle, got mares pregnant last year with the tumor. what I'm getting now is not worth putting in a mare. His conc. is typically between 150 - 170 m/ml this year on the every other day collection, which is low for him but ok for on farm use. Pms betwwen 10- 30% haven't been able to get anything better than that. and can't get rid of the dead soiulders.Thanks in advance
jmp568
Neonate

Return to General Stallion Questions