If you "like" us please "recommend" us!
Proudly sponsored by:
Hamilton Research Inc
Home of the Equitainer
Home of the world-famous
INRA '96 extender!
For your veterinary
An Industry Leader in
Equine Veterinary Products!
Your compounding pharmacy for
Quality Tanks at
Here Today. There Today.
Saving Foals from FPT
Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits!
This category is to be used for general mare questions that are not covered by other category descriptions.
The vet is Finally coming out on Wednesday..we are at day 29 and no signs of heat at all..he couldn't come out sooner I noticed today that my mare's vulva was quite relaxed when we brought her out of her stall, don't know if it was like this before as I wasn't really looking, is this normal if in foal? Can the vulva be relaxed in a mare early in the pregnancy? It has been sweltering hot the past few days (100 degrees), no discharge noted..
Vulval elasticity is a sign of nothing at this stage except perhaps that she's hot. Close to foaling, it is a sign of impending foaling (when relaxed). Otherwise... nothing (and definitely not an indication of pregnancy!!).
The good news though is that if your mare has not displayed estrus by day 26 with adequate and suitable teasing by a stallion, there is a 90% chance that she is in foal. But note the 10% chance she's not....!!!!
of the website too, which has a search engine to help you look for answers!
Thanks I feel a little better now, I am hoping she is..I feel after all we've been through to get her in foal the past two yrs I will faint if the vet says she's "not in foal"..hoping the Oxytocin did the trick-so very glad I found this site
Vet was out today and our mare is in foal!! 31 days in foal and we saw the heartbeat..think the Oxytocin Protocol did the trick! After 2 yrs and the end of our breeding contract, we finally got some happy news Thanks Jos for all your advice!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Please note that opinions, product information, advice or suggestions posted on this bulletin board are not necessarily those of the management at Equine-Reproduction.com nor does the maintenance of the post position indicate an implicit or any endorsement of that information, opinion or product.
Further, although we have the greatest respect for the posters offering assistance here, you are advised to seek a consultation with your veterinarian prior to using information obtained from this board if it is of a veterinary nature.
MAIN PAGE | INFORMATIONAL ARTICLES | SHORTCOURSES | SERVICES
STALLION STATION | FROZEN STALLIONS | FREEZING LOCATIONS | SUPPLIES | BOOKS | LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST | SEMEN CALCULATOR | BULLETIN BOARD