SEMEN EXPORT SERVICES
STALLIONS AT EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US

If you "like" us please "recommend" us!

and then:
Join us on Facebook! Join us on Facebook!

Proudly sponsored by:

Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc
Home of the Equitainer

Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Home of the world-famous
INRA '96 extender!

Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your veterinary
ultrasounding needs

Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in
Equine Veterinary Products!

BET Pharm: Your compounding pharmacy for reproductive needs!
Your compounding pharmacy for
reproductive needs!

www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at
Competitive Prices!

J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable
breeding stocks!

Here Today. There Today.
Here Today. There Today.

Saving Foals from FPT
Saving Foals from FPT

Egg Tech - serving European breeder's needs!
Egg Tech - serving
European breeder's needs!

International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary
Information Service

Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits!

Has anyone heard how Shaunda's colt is?

Discuss normal, abnormal and immediate post-foaling issues.

Moderator: Jos

Has anyone heard how Shaunda's colt is?

Postby wolfwoman » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 pm

I am very concerned about Shaunda's colt Pharoah. Last i knew on the old board, she said her vet said it was just teething causing the thick nasal discharge, which several of us posted is not normal and advised her to get a second opinion. Diana suggested that it is possibly pneumonitis, and we all know Pharoah had a difficult birth. I hope everything is OK. If anyone knows how he is, please post! :<
Brenda Weddle
Forever Home Farm
wolfwoman
Breeding Stock

Re: Has anyone heard how Shaunda's colt is?

Postby ShaundaMarie » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey everyone I was just able to get back on. there was a long time that I coundlt get onto the web page due to a fatal error or something like that. well anyways Pharaoh is doing great we almost lost him at three weeks due to a bacteria in his intestines when jenny (mare went into foal heat and barley caught him when he started to roll. It was very difficult to keep him standing and rolling for an hour and a half before the vet got there. He is doing great and a little stinker. he is three months and 3 days old now. I have him halter broke and have started the basic fundemental clinton anderson training on him and his is doing ok. the only wuestions that I have is how do I get him so he doesn't pull back when he steps on his lead rope (I d on't want him to get into that habit) and how soon can I start to tie him to a tree or post to start training him for patience while being tied. I willl post pictures as soon as I get my carera card from work this week. hope to hear from everyone soon. thanks again for all of your concerns and responses.- Shaunda
ShaundaMarie
Neonate

Postby wolfwoman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Shaunda, I am SO glad Pharaoh is OK. Thanks for letting us know. :D Looking forward to pics!
Brenda Weddle
Forever Home Farm
wolfwoman
Breeding Stock

Postby ShaundaMarie » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 pm

Here are sImage
Imageome recent photos he will be 4 months old on the 30th of Sept. When should I start to ween?
ShaundaMarie
Neonate

Postby wolfwoman » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi Shaunda! I am glad Pharoah is doing well. He is absolutely gorgeous! What are your plans for him?
Brenda Weddle
Forever Home Farm
wolfwoman
Breeding Stock

Postby ShaundaMarie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 pm

I am keeping him gelding him of course LOL because he is a stinker and I am learning training methods from the clinton anderson fundemental series so I hope he will be a good all around safe trail horse for me. I heard that a short back makes for a really bumpy ride any truth to that?
ShaundaMarie
Neonate

Postby sparkskaren » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:55 am

dont know about some breeds but my welsh cob and my arab both have short backs and i can say that they are not at all bumpy. think it would depend on the leg action rather that the lenght of back. As he has had a bit of a rough start in life i would not wean until six months old. i normally do mine between 5 and a half to 6 months although i am going to do one of my warmblood fillys at 4 months as she is taking to much from her mother and growing to fast. Mother looks very poor and ribby and when i up her food she just produces more milk not weight.
sparkskaren
Yearling

Postby ShaundaMarie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:33 pm

speaking of the mother my mare still looks like she is pregnant. not at all ribby. she is huge. I guess I could be giving too much grain but I have cut back. She has been wormed along with the colt. at 3 months. so I'm not sure what to think. as you can see Pharoah is not starving either. I was concerned about this about a month after she gave birth she seemed kind of drained so i had the vet come out and everything was ok. he did say to keep measurements of her belly but she hasn't grown but she hasn't shrunk either. anyways no fever or anything so we chalked it up to the really hot weather. any suggestions.
ShaundaMarie
Neonate

Return to Foaling and Immediate Post-foaling Issues