SEMEN EXPORT SERVICES
STALLIONS AT EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US

If you "like" us please "recommend" us!

and then:
Join us on Facebook! Join us on Facebook!

Proudly sponsored by:

Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc
Home of the Equitainer

Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Home of the world-famous
INRA '96 extender!

Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your veterinary
ultrasounding needs

Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in
Equine Veterinary Products!

BET Pharm: Your compounding pharmacy for reproductive needs!
Your compounding pharmacy for
reproductive needs!

www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at
Competitive Prices!

J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable
breeding stocks!

Here Today. There Today.
Here Today. There Today.

Saving Foals from FPT
Saving Foals from FPT

Egg Tech - serving European breeder's needs!
Egg Tech - serving
European breeder's needs!

International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary
Information Service

Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits!

What color will my foal be?

Discuss the huge field of equine genetics - coat colours, genetic problems, and other matters such as mapping the equine gene!

Moderator: Jos

What color will my foal be?

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:44 pm

:?: :?: :?: I have a deep brown or almost black/3 white stocking and a white star on his forhead stallion (mother was a red paint (I beleive)) and a white or albino mare that accidently got bred. I know nothing about the little albino.. What color should I get from these two??
Nancy
Neonate

Re: What color will my foal be?

Postby Melinda » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 am

Hi Nancy

There is no such thing as an albino horse... horses that 'mimic' this are called double dilutes (cremello, perlino, smokey cream) - or highly expressed white genes like Maxim sabinos, although they will still have dark eyes.

Your stallion will test as brown genetically and if he is out of a red and white mare, if you mean chestnut then he will carry one chestnut / red gene and one black plus brown/agouti
If by red and white you mean bay and white then your stallion may or may not carry red / chestnut
Tobiano. Overo etc (paint) are not recessive genes so your stallion can't produce paint foals unless he is bred with a pain mare, then the mare could pass that gene to the foal but wont be anything to do with the sire... if that makes sense.

Does the mare in foal to your boy have blue or pink eyes? If not what colour are they? Is there any colour on her body at all and if so what is it?

After you can give me a description of the mare's colour based on the above I will be able to tell you what colour's you could get

Melinda
Melinda
Neonate

Return to Equine Genetics