SEMEN EXPORT SERVICES
STALLIONS AT EQUINE-REPRODUCTION.COM
FROZEN SEMEN STALLIONS
CERTIFIED SEMEN FREEZING LOCATIONS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION SUPPLIES
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BOOKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION LINKS
EQUINE REPRODUCTION E-MAIL LIST
EASILY CALCULATE THE CORRECT VOLUME OF SEMEN AND EXTENDER TO SHIP OR USE ON FARM!
EQUINE REPRODUCTION BULLETIN BOARD
CONTACT US

If you "like" us please "recommend" us!

and then:
Join us on Facebook! Join us on Facebook!

Proudly sponsored by:

Hamilton Research Inc - Home of the Equitainer
Hamilton Research Inc
Home of the Equitainer

Home of the world-famous INRA '96 extender!
Home of the world-famous
INRA '96 extender!

Universal Medical Systems Ultrasounds
For your veterinary
ultrasounding needs

Har-Vet: An Industry Leader in Equine Veterinary Products
An Industry Leader in
Equine Veterinary Products!

BET Pharm: Your compounding pharmacy for reproductive needs!
Your compounding pharmacy for
reproductive needs!

www.SemenTanks.com - Quality Tanks at Competitive Prices!
Quality Tanks at
Competitive Prices!

J.L. Smith Co. - Safe, affordable breeding stocks!
Safe, affordable
breeding stocks!

Here Today. There Today.
Here Today. There Today.

Saving Foals from FPT
Saving Foals from FPT

Egg Tech - serving European breeder's needs!
Egg Tech - serving
European breeder's needs!

International Veterinary Information Service
International Veterinary
Information Service

Please note that this records only identifiable - not all - hits!

Blazer

The place to post that topic that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Moderator: Jos

Blazer

Postby wolfwoman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Most of you probably remember Blazer, the Clydesdale/QH cross colt born this past March that was forcefully rejected by his mother and survived neonatal sepsis, dehydration, dummy foal syndrome, and a grapefruit sized wound on his right hip caused by a dog attack the morning he was born (his mother would not protect him). Thanks to Hagyard Equine Medical Institute and his 7 days there, plus the excellent follow up care of our Veterinarian, he survived with no residual problems. I am pleased to say he is doing great, growing, and is a sweet boy. He is not exhibiting the negative behaviors you usually see in an orphan foal. I treat him with gentleness and kindness and he returns it in kind (this was not without some intervention and training, I might add). He is more beautiful every day. He has lost his baby coat and is a gorgeous chocolate bay like his sire, our Clydesdale stallion Ben. He had a huge umbilical hernia that was repaired successfully a month ago (and he was gelded at the same time). He has recovered fully from that surgery. I hope the rest of his life is long and uneventful, as this poor baby has had more than his share of trouble in his nearly 5 short months of life. We would never buy a horse for the money we spent on him, but we will never regret spending it to insure his health and survival. He is nearly weaned from his milk replacer. We just want to finish what we have already purchased. I plan to take some new pictures tomorrow and will post a couple. Thanks to everyone who kept him & us in your thoughts and prayers while he was going through this terrible time. Your support means so much!
Brenda Weddle
Forever Home Farm
wolfwoman
Breeding Stock

Re: Blazer

Postby wolfwoman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:45 am

Better late than never. We have been having computer problems that have now been solved.
Here are a couple of recent pics of Blazer. We found some old photographs of Ben, our Clyde stallion and Blazer's sire, and Blazer looks just ike Ben did at 5 months old. I don't have those photos in my computer yet, however.

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad18 ... 603924.jpg

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad18 ... 599386.jpg
Brenda Weddle
Forever Home Farm
wolfwoman
Breeding Stock

Postby wolfwoman » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm

Here is a picture of Blazer with his sire Ben. Ben has taken over "mothering" duties from me. He is really great with his colt. He even lets Blazer eat out of his feed pan!

Brenda Weddle
Forever Home Farm
wolfwoman
Breeding Stock

Postby Kleonaptra » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:30 pm

What agnificent story. Thankyou so much for sharing, tis what its all about! So sorry he had so many problems, like you say, I wish him a long uneventful life.
Kleonaptra
Nursing Foal

Return to Miscellaneous and Suggestions for a New Topic Category